• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia V: Day Two (April 29th-May 1st): Murderous Intent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Carmen and Brendan have been killed. They were innocent and the Doctor, respectively.

Hmm interesting targets, would be nice to know their roles. I can't really think of anyone who was wanting them out of the game. Mafia seem to have stumped me.

... Interesting.

So, two people who voted for Sho are now dead- Despite the fact that Sho was a Townsperson, although we can't say for sure whether or not he was just a very, very intellectual Clown.

It seems to me that either the Mafia are picking off targets either at random, or because of reasons or suspicions we don't know- Or maybe just because they deem them dangerous opponents, because they have proven to be so in the past.

For now, I'm most suspicious of Shiny and NidoRich still.

I don't think Sho was the clown, DS unless Petey isn't revealing roles of the deceased, also were Carmen and Brendan, Mafia or townies because that information could prove vital in finding a Mafia member.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oops, sorry about that. I need to pay more attention. I've updated the first post. Also, Sho isn't a clown - I would have announced him as such upon his death if he was.

I'm starting to become suspicious of Sem and Red because they were the main driving force for the mass vote on Sho.

Red even stated he was fearful of both Carmi and Sho for being smart and cunning in the past and I think Brendan fits this criteria aswell so this makes me believe Red is mafia and trying to stay alive by taking out the big threatening force those 3 provide.

Sem on the other hand changed everyones view to Sho and basically saving Shiny for unknown reasons, which I'm thinking is some sort of Mafia tie. Shiny is also under suspicion for this possible Mafia tie and due to a conversation we had where she tried to get me to tell her my role :p

But equally El and Rich are suspicious for wanting to abstain (to avoid killing Mafia perhaps)

Another suspicion I'm having is Jada because it says she is online at the bottom alot but as of yet hasn't contributed to conversations which makes me believe she is being quiet on purpose which based on the information Red gave on the last day hints towards her being Mafia. Saying this purely because I haven't really seen her active elsewhere on the forums

Well thats what I think but take that as you will. And hopefully it gives pointers in the right direction

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
So not only was Sho a town person, but so was Carmen. To top it all off, we've lost the doctor, which was Brendan. All in all, not a good day for us townies.

I'm going to have to agree with Riley's post, in many ways it makes a lot of sense. However I would just like to point out that he voted for Josh for seemingly 'random' reasons, which is just as suspicious as El and Rich abstaining, if not moreso.

Even so, as I said, he makes a good point. My suspicions have not left Shiny, but now they turn more towards Sem and Red. Sem lead the vote against Sho last round, who turned out to be a townie. Red knows that Carmen is a good player, and would probably want to knock her out as soon as possible. But I will see what other people say on the matter before making my vote.

Well I did an early vote on the first day due to irl complications. And from what I actually saw at the time there was no-one who I thought was suspicious enough to vote against so I listed everyones name next to a number and used a number generator just so happened to be Josh. Which arguably is the worst person it could of chosen, if I could have stayed and waited I would have probably gone for Sho like everyone else. I know what I did was unwise but there is no possible way I could state my case further (without screenshots or videos) but this is the same case visa-versa.

Yoshimitsu said:
Rileyixx said:
But equally El and Rich are suspicious for wanting to abstain (to avoid killing Mafia perhaps)

How is not wanting to kill people blindly suspicious?

To try and avoid a Mafia member being lynched and in particular when you both voted. You voted when Shiny a person who is highly speculated at being Mafia was being voted for (perhaps to protect her) and Rich voted when all the evidence had been spilled out. Call me suspicious, paranoid or whatever but that is what I'm inferring

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Rileyixx said:
To try and avoid a Mafia member being lynched and in particular when you both voted. You voted when Shiny a person who is highly speculated at being Mafia was being voted for (perhaps to protect her) and Rich voted when all the evidence had been spilled out. Call me suspicious, paranoid or whatever but that is what I'm inferring

Okay pretty flimsy reasoning but whatever, I opted to abstain because it was the first day and all of the arguments were just wild speculation gone way out of hand. Seemed like a fair thing for me to do. Just seems to me like you're throwing out random accusations without really knowing who might or might not be mafia, but that's your call I guess.

Red even stated he was fearful of both Carmi and Sho for being smart and cunning in the past and I think Brendan fits this criteria aswell so this makes me believe Red is mafia and trying to stay alive by taking out the big threatening force those 3 provide.

That's probably a better basis for suspicion than just because I didn't wan to lynch anyone, just FYI.

I'ma back down again now before we start another gambit roulette to try to get people to trip up with what they're saying. I'd like to see what Red has to say.

Okay to try and clear up some stuff I'm online because I forget that I have this open half the time. I have a lot of school work((Even on weekends)) And I just tend to space out on everything else. I believe that I stated in one of my posts that school was getting in the way of me posting as often. So I am suspicious for being forgetful? Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened to me.. But oh well.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... darn it. Why did the doctor have to die so early on ;_;

And Carmi. Gosh darnit quit killing all the people I love. (and Sho ilu2)

So I can has internets back now. Hotel somehow managed to fix it last night yessss~

I was so sure that Brendan would be mafia, due to his history in previous games as a mafioso. Brendan, too, was the first who voted for Sho's death last time, and what did Sho turn out to be? Completely and utterly innocent, with just less-than-stellar reasoning. However, perhaps that's why the mafia went after Brendan? They probably thought that he was on the other family, and thus, killed him off at night. It's almost depressing how quickly he was killed, though, especially after the change in rules about how Doctor can't save themselves at night. :<

Carmi, too. Though she didn't have a role herself, the fact that she was second to vote for Sho's death probably also made the other mafia family think that she was mafia as well. She's a great player in these games, and a powerful asset for us to uncover these murderers. D<

At this point I'm still inclined to lynch Dway, though only because she casted a vote to lynch me yesterday. D:

However, I'm also willing to lynch Sem only because he's a horrible leader in this game for whichever faction he's in because he's greedy and will probably want to take all the winnings for himself, as proven in... all the previous games.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I led the vote on Sho? I voted for Tan! Silly people~ You all chose to vote for Sho yourselves partly based on what I had said. Didn't I warn you about doing that? I myself said I wasn't accusing Sho of being mafia, and I didn't. Was I suspicious? Yes. But not convinced.

You've only yourselves to blame~ Excellent work, heroes.

Anyway, the killings at this point should be random. The mafia families don't want us catching onto who they are too soon after all, so the killings aren't going to make much "sense." The reasoning for Carmen and Brendan's deaths may very well have been because they're good players, but just because Red said so doesn't mean he's the one who did it. If anything, it could be the mafia trying to pin him for it. Or it could not and Red could be a horrible horrible person who robbed us of Carmen. </3

Also:

Shiny said:
However, I'm also willing to lynch Sem only because he's a horrible leader in this game for whichever faction he's in because he's greedy and will probably want to take all the winnings for himself, as proven in... all the previous games.

♥~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Riley, if I was killing the people whom I deem the best players first, Katie would be so dead your head would be spinning. The reason that I mentioned Carmen and Sho at all in Day One was because somebody jokingly mentioned that they were the only two people that hadn't been accused. I said I would, which led to my goofy post. We've killed for joke posts before, why not keep our great track record going, folks! (I feel like we need to start included joke tags for day one posts or something, because they game at that point is still in a blend of getting started fun and people accusing anything that moves.)

Of course folks decided to take that as being suspicious, so I provided reasoning for it because why not make people properly consider everyone? It would appear that I am being used as the scapegoat, though "oh, I've been accused? Better throw Red under the bus~! :V"

I was a "driving force" behind Sho getting lynched because he had no fucking logic and he said he wanted Shiny dead despite not thinking she was Mafia! Why lynch somebody when you don't think they're Mafia? That's counterproductive to the Townsfolk. If you weren't suspicious of that, you're honestly an idiot. The reason I "started the wagon" for Sho was that I was pointing out his logical fallacies and people saw them as being flimsy too. So it's not my fault that A) Sho played a bad game and got himself killed. B) Everyone agreed with me rather than "totally knowing Sho was innocent, because I know this stuff!" Also, I was the third person who voted for Sho and only did so to force him and Shiny into a tie (which I stated previously), I wanted the rest of you to properly decide which of them should die. You all chose Sho, so don't blame me.

So if you all want me dead for going after somebody who was using Shiny herself saying that the first poster was always suspicious and that being the basis of his whole lynching argument (along with things that actually disproved his argument), then go for it. Hindsight is 20/20 boys and girls, none of you were thinking I was suspicious last turn when Sho's identity was unknown, but because I was wrong you all want my blood. I stand by my choice, as Sho was suspicious as hell.

I would like to ask you, Riley, why you voted for Josh for no reason. Where the hell did that come from?

Now, on to my actually suspicions~ I'm weary of Shiny, now more than ever. I was actually going to lynch Shiny last game, before ultimately decided on Sho in my lynch post. So Shiny has been bumped up to number one on my list. Dway is a close number two.

It was entirely luck based who I voted for, I could have drawn anyone's name and now people are suspicious because it was just one person and the fact I just so happen to be best friends with him. But end of the day if anyone wants to vote for me go ahead.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You just randomly picked someone to vote for? That's so reckless! I approve.

Wrote a list of 1-19 and assigned everyone to a number and used a random number generator. If anyone wants the exact list I'll happily write it out for them.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
My bad, Sem, I'm already losing track of what's going on. Riley, I think that sort of thing in any form could possibly be considered as cheating, so don't bother with screenshots or lists, just in case.

Sir Red said:
It would appear that I am being used as the scapegoat, though "oh, I've been accused? Better throw Red under the bus~! :V"

Frankly at this point it seems that Red is being overly defensive of himself. I mean, all that Riley really said was that he believed Red was Mafia for trying to take out the 'good players' of the game - which, as a 'good player' himself, would make sense and also be a smart move if he was Mafia. We have suspicions of other people too, so it's not like we're singling him out or anything.

To further prove my point, I think the other people who are the most suspicious at this point are Sem, Shiny, and Riley. Sem is a suspicious character irregardless of his role in the games. Our suspicions have been on Shiny since she doesn't seem to have much to say about not being Mafia. Riley 'randomly' chose Josh, which doesn't seem like a very good reason to vote for somebody.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Rileyixx said:
Wrote a list of 1-19 and assigned everyone to a number and used a random number generator. If anyone wants the exact list I'll happily write it out for them.

To be fair...if I didn't abstain, I would've done the exact same thing <.>

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
...So, did I miss anything?... @.@

Seriously though, I really fell behind on this one, so I'm gonna have to reevaluate the previous day completely before I can even take a guess. It appears though, from what I've seen, that a lot of people are consistently bringing Shiny and Sem up in the conversation, along with maybe a few others, so I'll probably be keeping that in mind, but I'm gonna have to look in for myself whether any suspicions seem justifiable or not before I can really say for certain.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red said:
Riley, if I was killing the people whom I deem the best players first, Katie would be so dead your head would be spinning.

w00t! Thanks, Red! 8)

But that said...

I was a "driving force" behind Sho getting lynched because he had no fucking logic and he said he wanted Shiny dead despite not thinking she was Mafia! Why lynch somebody when you don't think they're Mafia? That's counterproductive to the Townsfolk. If you weren't suspicious of that, you're honestly an idiot.

I appreciate that Riley didn't take offense to this, but you need to tone it down, Red. This might be a game and people want to get into their "personas", but don't flame other members. Keep it clean. :x

Anyways... holy demonic kittens, Batman. We're off to a very bad start. I'm with Red that I still stand by my decision to lynch Sho - he was definitely being suspicious and his defenses were all over the place - but the doctor going down this early? That's going to cost us. :'| (ILU2 Carmen! :'D)

Going from here, I still feel that Dway and Shiny are suspicious from the previous day, and Red's getting there now too. As for Sem... I'm always suspicious of Sem because I know him, so I can't say one way or another whether he's mafia of not. ;p

Still too early for me to vote, but I'm keeping my eye on who the most talkative members are and who's purposely avoiding getting involved.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Do I need to defend myself from people like.... DS, Riley, Dway, Red, RMA, and Katie? Oh wait, that's like, everyone who's posted here save for two or three others. XD

Anyways, although it was I who had the most dialogue with Sho, and had the most back-and-forth "hey we should lynch you" "no don't lynch me" bouts of almost any game, I hadn't voted for him. I had voted for Dway, because I thought that the two of them were mafia together. I deem both of them as dangerous, and I still do.

And why should we lynch Red? I still can't see to much reason as to why we should. It wasn't he who started the "bandwagon", if we even had one last time, by any stretch; Brendan and Carmi were the first two, like I had stated previously, and he claims that his vote was just to create a tie. I don't know how reliable this statement is, but nevertheless, it is the truth that his vote did put those in favor of my lynching and those in favor of Sho's even. It was only Katie's vote that broke that tie, and then after a bit more discussion... Bam, Sho died.

I still stand by the notion that I don't trust Sem, though. I mean, why did he back me up? I know him at least somewhat well; he's a manipulative person, and he must have some ulterior motive to connect myself with him, so that when he's lynched and it's revealed that he's mafia, the same fate would be applied to me. A risky gamble, but one that could work to bring the number of innocents to mafia down. It certainly worked in game 1, with Dway and Red backing Tan, who eventually... well, was lynched.

I just want Sem down, because I seriously don't trust him. At all. Keep him around for too long, and he drags the rest of us down with him, innocent or not. And what happened when he was killed off in the beginning of game 2? Townspeople won.

That is all~

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Townies won last game too and I was still alive at the end of the game. And I was the priest.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
You're right, Katie. Sorry Riley, and to everyone else for being a pretty big ass thus far. I know I can get kind of into this game at times, so I'll try to reign myself in.

I also wanted to comment on Riley's random vote thing. I missed your mention of that in your initial post, but I myself had done the exact same thing in the past. I then got accused for it because the person I randomly accused was soon after killed by the mafia. So I don't fault you for being random, especially this early in the game.

And Shiny, I mentioned that I voted to make it a tie last day, when I still thought Sho was Mafia. It was not a defensive stance, that was my genuine reasoning for picking him over you.

To be honest, I don't get the mass suspicion of Sem. Shiny? Yeah. Myself? Sure, I'm playing like a lunatic. Dway? Yeah, she's suspicious. Sem? He's really done nothing but make funny remarks and point out things to avoid for people. I don't consider that suspicious, but helpful. True Sem had a bad time in Game 1, but that was ages ago. I'm willing to let him get a clean slate and trust him because I really don't think he's mafia (we'd know if he was, he's a terrible liar).

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Dwayna DragonFire said:
Frankly at this point it seems that Red is being overly defensive of himself.

Just as a random note, I have real issues with everyone who tries to use this argument. "Overly defensive" is not a thing that really happens. It's just normal defensive, exactly the same as it would be outside of a Mafia game if you accused someone of something. Everyone's pretty guilty of saying it (myself included, I know) but it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's basically jumping to conclusions when someone puts forth an argument to say they're not mafia. I get that the game's all about being suspicious of people, but I'm pretty certain there'll be other clues besides just "overly defensive".

Just thought I'd chip in with that.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Yoshimitsu said:
Just as a random note, I have real issues with everyone who tries to use this argument. "Overly defensive" is not a thing that really happens. It's just normal defensive, exactly the same as it would be outside of a Mafia game if you accused someone of something. Everyone's pretty guilty of saying it (myself included, I know) but it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's basically jumping to conclusions when someone puts forth an argument to say they're not mafia. I get that the game's all about being suspicious of people, but I'm pretty certain there'll be other clues besides just "overly defensive".

Just thought I'd chip in with that.
Fair point, El. I didn't mean to sound antagonizing, if it came off like that. I apologize if it did.

Red has an admirable point, but what we need to keep in mind here is that everyone is guilty until proven innocent. That doesn't lift any suspicion off of Sem, or anyone else in this game, including myself. I'll admit I'm probably not the best player of Mafia as a whole.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Dwayna DragonFire said:
Fair point, El. I didn't mean to sound antagonizing, if it came off like that. I apologize if it did.

I wasn't singling you out or anything just so you know, "overly defensive" is probably the most used combination of words in any Mafia game.

Sir Red said:
I also wanted to comment on Riley's random vote thing. I missed your mention of that in your initial post, but I myself had done the exact same thing in the past. I then got accused for it because the person I randomly accused was soon after killed by the mafia. So I don't fault you for being random, especially this early in the game.

Thanks for realising this Red ^^

And Sem is coming off as too nice and helpful for my liking D:

I currently have zero suspicions against Dwayna or Ethan, but as it has turned out in the previous three rounds of Mafia I was in, I should not be trusting my gut feelings.

Still, I am prematurely voting for Shiny to be lynched, due to the reasoning from the last round where I voted for her as well. Second on my list is NidoRich- I'm still clinging to those two as the most suspicious.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Terrible liar? That's the most hurtful thing anyone's ever said to me ='(

Kill, Red! Do it! D=<

Dark Soul said:
I currently have zero suspicions against Dwayna or Ethan, but as it has turned out in the previous three rounds of Mafia I was in, I should not be trusting my gut feelings.

Still, I am prematurely voting for Shiny to be lynched, due to the reasoning from the last round where I voted for her as well. Second on my list is NidoRich- I'm still clinging to those two as the most suspicious.

I really don't get how I am one of the more suspicious in your eyes when there are more suspicious people around :@
Unless of course you are mafia and are covering for other people in your mafia family who are under the microscope at the moment.

All in all, I am going to hold of on a lynch yet simply because who knows what info will get out between now and the final moments of this phase.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
DS, I can assure you that that's not the way you want to go right now. Like, really.

I read your post from last time regarding my lynching from you, and I can't really garner any true reasoning as to why you find me suspicious. I mean, yes, I've been accusing people, but so has most other people. I've been trying to help just by throwing ideas around, because it would be counterproductive to just abstain this day again. And last time? It was because of the really silly accusations aimed my way by Dway (at the time you posted) and Sho.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Using the same quote over and over again isn't silly, especially when I obviously made that comment as a joke?

Okay, I admit that Dway's arguments were better, but I can assure you that lynching me off isn't the smartest idea this round. Mistakes can be made, but some mistakes end up hurting people moreso than other ones.

DS your like an enigma at the moment x.x Even though you have spoken more this day you still don't seem to have any identity, it's like you are just a figment of our imagination. I find it kinda creepy don't know why, just thought I would put that out there

I'm just trying to be a little bit more professional about it this round, Riley- Although I can understand that it could be taken the wrong way, since I'm very likely not executing it the right way.

Also, Shiny? Your two most recent posts sounds more like threats then warnings, although that might just be me. I voted for you, and even if I wanted to alter my vote, I can't now. If it turns out you're innocent, I will be terribly, terribly sorry- But I don't think you are.

Dark Soul said:
I'm just trying to be a little bit more professional about it this round, Riley- Although I can understand that it could be taken the wrong way, since I'm very likely not executing it the right way.

Also, Shiny? Your two most recent posts sounds more like threats then warnings, although that might just be me. I voted for you, and even if I wanted to alter my vote, I can't now. If it turns out you're innocent, I will be terribly, terribly sorry- But I don't think you are.
There is an edit button :'|

Just saying

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
No, that would be like cheating, Rich.

DS, I didn't mean it as a threat; I meant to aim that at everyone who might've considered voting for me. Really, it's not a smart idea for anyone.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Nido, that is dishonest/cheating! :V

Kill NidoRich.

Status
Not open for further replies.