• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VI: The Temple

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can has question! (But I'm only praying for your destruction)

What's a tribute? I scanned the sign-up thread but couldn't find the answer. :x

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Re: The Temple

People who sign up. Are you not getting all the Hunger Games references? You know, "I volunteer as tribute!"

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

... ffff
Also can you explain the Lady of the Night role? I'm so confused about that role and how it relates to the couple, even after rereading the descriptions for the two over and over.

(maybe giving me an example of a situation or something might work for me)

The Lady of the Night can select one player during each Night Phase and block their power for that night. If the selected person has no power, then nothing happens. If the LotN selects a member of the Couple, Sem will likely state during the morning that a member of the Couple has been found sleeping around or something, alerting the other member of the Couple. The Couple will then try to get the LotN lynched, however they can. Successfully doing so grants them immunity for the rest of the game, and despite then being unable to vote until game's end, will be listed among victors.

In a sense, once the Couple knows of the Lady of the Night's interference, they become like a Pseudo-Detective, attempting to figure out the role of the LotN, but the only tool they can use is their brains. After that, it's a simple matter of getting the LotN killed.

Now I have a question about the Lady of the Night: can s/he use their power on the same person twice? Either twice or more period or twice in a row, or whatnot.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I don't see why not. It's an experimental role I'm trying out. If it breaks the game then it'll obviously either be adjusted or removed all together - but I'm hoping it becomes popular~

Clarification in the same area here but uh

If the couple is found to be sleeping with Lady, and then the Mafia kills the Lady, does the Couple's partner still gets the benefits? Is it just afterwards anytime she dies the partner is good?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

If the mafia kill the LotN then the couple does not reap the benefits and the game will continue as normal for them. Of course, if that member of the couple is also mafia and gets the Lady killed then they do reap the benefits. Too make it simple, if they do not take part in any voting, townsperson or mafia, that kills the Lady, then they do not reap the benefit.

What about the indulging member of the couple? When that person is caught sleeping around, what does he/she do? Does killing that person still kill his/her raging partner? If it does, then we may have a problem, because then the LotN can just kill her new puppet to get to her pursuer. So essentially, the LotN, or in fact anyone, shouldn't be allowed to know when she seduces one of the couple, otherwise the couple's mini quest will end rather quickly.

Also, what if she sleeps with both of the couple? Because that would be... disturbing.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

The other member of the couple remains normal, and if they die then the raging one does also. The Lady doesn't know the identities of the people she seduces, and they don't know hers. However, her ability allows her to develop perhaps accurate suspicions of people.