• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VII: The Graveyard

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Re: The Graveyard

;_; This is an all-time low for me. I don't even care that I double died again. I'm sad that I'm dead. (AND THE ONE TIME I WAS BATMAN!!)

And this entertainer has successfully had himself killed by the dark forces of the night! I'm pretty sure this is a jester record.

It sucks that Red had to join me though. To be honest, I was expecting him to be mafia rather than the detective. It's curious how he died though. It seems likely that there are two mafioso this round, but Petey's wording seems to clue in that there are three this round, although it's entirely possible that the priest and/or someone with a gadget was involved, but I'm sure Petey would have told us otherwise... this is already looking pretty grim for townies.

Well... That was fast. I didn't even get to make it to day three...
Well congratulation's to the townies for taking us down. I think y'all have a fairly good chance of wining this round. If you keep your eyes peeled and don't take breaks with hunting the mafia.

Also I'm sorry for not being around to help defend you Riley... I got caught up making fudge and other x-mas treats with my mom... I would have gotten on the other day and said something if it wasn't for that...

You were from two different families?

How would either of you ever be able to survive? You two were a doomed love right from the start.

Welp. I was hoping to survive, but I didn't exactly keep a low profile, so this was sort of to be expected. Also, I'm almost glad the Mafia targeted me for the night, because rather me than someone more experienced! They get an extra day now.

Rooting for you guys ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Welcome to the Club of Dual Target Death, DS! Sadly I am a two time member, but still we serve a good purpose. :D

After three death targets in two days, I think it's safe to say that there are indeed three families. We still have Katie and Sho who are ultra experienced, and most everyone else has played before this game. Let's just hope that the remaining Townies are smarter than the remaining Mafia. ;_;

Knew we would see you back soon, Red.

Also everyone left seem really good so this should be interesting :p

Also Josh if you somehow snake out of being lynched I'll beat you ;D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Yeah, it was a formality that I'd be dead again immediately. Though Karu made the most of his death, by negating it in bringing me back. Then I died immediately and took multiple kills again. Karu limited the damage done.

I was also able to get some vital information out before I died, so hopefully I can help the townies out in some capacity.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain I know how the remainder of this game is going to shake out. No matter the various ways that things can go.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Ahh. I've been Mafia before, but this game... This game was fun. I've truly enjoyed every bit of it. :'D

Well played, Sho! Like I said on chat, if I had to go out at all I'm glad that it went down like this. :3

Also, for the record, I too voted to lynch Red on the first night, to lynch Dark Soul the night he died, and to lynch Red this past night. Good times. 8D

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

I'm kinda late to the ghostly party here, having been dead for a while now, but, I must say bravo, Sho. Even though my own stupidity/inactivity was really what did me in (for a number of reasons), you capitalized on my mistakes with some expert thievery in the process, and performed the role far better than I did in the process. Six games of this, and you'd think I'd learn my lesson... That aside, well done as usual.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

EDIT: I had a long, theorized post saying exactly how I figured things would work out while not trying to spoil anything written up. However, I decided to change it all out. I do have screen caps of this post, though, to show after the game is over to see how well I did in predicting things.

Damn it, Katie!!! I've been Mafia so many times and purposely kept you alive because I knew you were such a good player. ;_; I was never even suspicious of you. Hell, you would be the last person I would have inspected, mainly because even when one of the two of us is Mafia we still work together.

Even though the Townies still have a chance at this (assuming things play out in the manner I've theorized) it is safe to say that the Three Mafia experiment, at least in this small of a game, does not really work. It just becomes too overwhelming for the Townies too quickly. The only upside is that Sho did slip-up. He admitted he was Mafia, sealing his death, and also killed another Mafia family. If he had continued to plead his innocence he could have won this game soundly.

Hell, he could have still killed Katie. Came in and threw Katie's name down hard as being the better choice when things looked bleak for him. Then, switched the vote to Katie, who turns out to be Mafia and kept himself at least mildly protected. He probably would have been linked to the Gadgeteer/Thief when he was saved, but at least he'd be able to claim that he got a Mafia family killed off when everyone else was barking up the wrong tree and kept his Mafianess under wraps. This way he'd have at least /some/ chance of surviving the night. :x

Though honestly guys, he's Sho. When he was alive in Day 3 you should have known he was Mafia. :x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sir Red said:
Even though the Townies still have a chance at this (assuming things play out in the manner I've theorized) it is safe to say that the Three Mafia experiment, at least in this small of a game, does not really work. It just becomes too overwhelming for the Townies too quickly. The only upside is that Sho did slip-up. He admitted he was Mafia, sealing his death, and also killed another Mafia family. If he had continued to plead his innocence he could have won this game soundly.

Hell, he could have still killed Katie. Came in and threw Katie's name down hard as being the better choice when things looked bleak for him. Then, switched the vote to Katie, who turns out to be Mafia and kept himself at least mildly protected. He probably would have been linked to the Gadgeteer/Thief when he was saved, but at least he'd be able to claim that he got a Mafia family killed off when everyone else was barking up the wrong tree and kept his Mafianess under wraps. This way he'd have at least /some/ chance of surviving the night. :x

Though honestly guys, he's Sho. When he was alive in Day 3 you should have known he was Mafia. :x

You're a bit off the mark actually. All I can say at this point is that Sho knew his death was sealed. He could've tried arguing his way out of it but it wouldn't have amounted to much. It would've just ended up making him look more suspicious to the people who mattered. Besides, knowing him, this was likely part of his plan too~

My biggest problem is that I forgot about the gadgets, even when I was 100% sure he was the thief. To be honest I've never had one in my posession so I didn't really understand how they worked either. I likely said some extra things that I should never had said, although Sho may have still targeted me anyways. It makes little difference at this point. At the end of the day, I didn't expect to keep on living until the end and just wanted to take Sho out. I pretty well did. As long as the townies don't win, I'm satisfied. ^^

Can I ask why exactly it was me you decided to lynch that night? Was I simply becoming too much of a risk, or's there something bigger at play?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Dark Soul said:
Can I ask why exactly it was me you decided to lynch that night? Was I simply becoming too much of a risk, or's there something bigger at play?

A bit of a random hit but also because you tend to play very innocently and far too neutral. I figured there was a chance that you actually could be part of a rival Mafia family or have a special role, and even if you were just a normal townie your death wouldn't draw any attention to me.

In a sense, like with many others, you died for being you. :'D

2mgsi01.jpg

Assuming things are going to play like I've been told, my Mafia will be victorious if they hit Sho's teammate. But I doubt it will happen to be honest I have a strong feeling my Mafia will go down tonight, but will hopefully take Sho's teammate so townies can lynch Sho tomorrow.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'd just like to know who or what tipped Sho off that RMA had a special role. ;)

Everything else I'd like to say can't be said until this game is finished. D:

Shouldn't be too long now, Katie :p

But despite some of the predictability this game has been really fun and also we've seen some great play by some people and I'll say it now we've got some future Mafia greats on our hands because I think Josh and Zekrom despite being completely or fairly new have done brilliantly

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Beneath the surface this game hasn't really been that predictable. If anything it's a bit surprising that with three Mafia families involved none of us offed another Mafia member during the night phases.

Well, I say surprising. It's actually rather amusing, but I've likely said too much already.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Linkachu said:
Beneath the surface this game hasn't really been that predictable. If anything it's a bit surprising that with three Mafia families involved none of us offed another Mafia member during the night phases.

Well, I say surprising. It's actually rather amusing, but I've likely said too much already.
That's exactly the possible failing of the Three Mafia Game, though. If the various families only hit Townies during the night phases, it makes it nearly impossible for the Townies to win.

Also, I agree with you that Sho getting targeted was probably part of his plan. Nearly all of this game has been by his plan (seeing as after I died the first time he came to me and told me all about his moves and planning, which is why he panicked and killed me the second time around), especially because most of Sho's plans involve him eventually dying for his side to win.

That is the main difference between Sho (and really everyone else that plays this game) and me; he wants his side to win and I simply want me to win.

I don't think your alone on the playing for yourself. I try to do it but because I suck I usually have to help the team. I know of others who play for themselves as well

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

If I'm a townie, I'm playing for the team because it makes little sense not to. It's not up to me if I survive each night so the best I can do is make my days count. If I'm Mafia, I support my family until it's unwise to do so anymore. Defending your Mafia bros when they're under fire is bad for the family so I doubt most players would expect such anyways.

well, guys, I joined the dead. So has El. I will not say what alignment we were, nor who won, but it's over. Wait for Teapot to tell you the details. All I can say is, great game guys.

By the way, Day 5 was in the chatroom.