• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VIII - Day Four [6th-8th July]: Sacrifice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red has been killed. He was a townie thief.

Please note: The Mafia chatroom on the new server is just #mafia.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, oops. Forgot to do this today:

Chadwyck has been killed for inactivity. He was Mafia.

So Red's dead, and he was the Thief, to boot. That's...pretty terrible. Not sure how useful his Thief role would have been this game, though. And Chad...well, we certainly seem to kill a lot of Mafia via inactivity boots, don't we?

In any case, I think the loss of a Mafia is certainly beneficial, possibly outweighing Red's demise. Unfortunately, not a whole lot to go on from Chad's death, and I can only really recall Corey speaking out against Red(I will double-check, though).

With two Mafia down, I can only imagine there to be one or two more, so yay! Almost there!

Atma

Formerly Karu
Personally not 100% clear on what the thief would do, I must look into that after this post, though I imagine it's as is on the tin. Eating away at the Mafia from both ends of the ranks is pleasing to say the least!

Looks like we're finally getting some payback in for DS and of course the most recent dearly departed, Red.

Well. Apparently there was a very busy night.
And we're down a mafia member and a townie, leaving me with a sense of mild confusion as to were to go from here.

To be honest I was a bit worried that we had killed off the game the other day cycle. But I'm glad to see that we're still kicking. Now we really should take a minute to figure out who the remaining mafia could be, because I don't think there could be that many more. Let's just wait a minute and see what everyone else has to say about this stuff.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It's a shame we've lost Red, while his role may not have been the best for the town, he's still a very good player, especially on our side. I'm glad we're down another mafia member, even if we are losing them by chance and not through our own work.

Not really sure where to go from here, maybe people who called out Red? Maybe the quiet players? Really not sure...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting. Guess Red's off the hook now, teh poor bugger. I always trusted you, Red, yup. :'D

Something tells me that there's been a bit of a game change since Corey was axed. The previous strategy appeared to be one of randomness-that-isn't-actually-random (likely Corey's own doing considering comments he made during the previous day), while I suspect that whoever's pulling the strings now will begin targeting players they're most wary of. Makes me wonder if we have two Mafia members left to go or just one.

Regardless, going to need to think about this more before moving on anything.

Edit: Wait, today's the final day to vote? Crap. ;_;

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu said:
Edit: Wait, today's the final day to vote? Crap. ;_;
Just to clarify, I won't end this day until we've got a reasonable majority for votes, or within a couple of days, whichever comes first.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Down a Mafia, but at the cost of Red...a tough trade-off to say the least, but, at least we're making some progress, more or less.

You know, what I've come to notice recently is that we still have a good portion of players with special roles still in the game: The Priest(ess), LOTN, Couple, and Jester, namely. That would leave us with only two normal players still alive, if my math is working. What I find interesting about this is that it seems like the Priest(ess) has chosen not to use their ability yet, and the LOTN hasn't managed to...well...discover any mafia through their "methods". I'm just hoping those two both have some grand plan in mind that will end up taking the game for the townspeople (provided they're on our side of course...I forget if those guys could be on the Mafia or not).

Aside from that, I don't know who to go for this time around. Corey mentioned Katie for a brief moment as his "intended target", so that could possibly imply she's innocent, or it could've just been a part of Corey's ploy. That's all I can think of to go on.

Atma

Formerly Karu
Judging by the lack of activity in the past day or so I was hoping to garner information from, are we then simply moving to abstain?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
@Karu: Considering how few players we have left, I think that would be a very bad idea at this stage in the game.

Mr.RMA said:
Aside from that, I don't know who to go for this time around. Corey mentioned Katie for a brief moment as his "intended target", so that could possibly imply she's innocent, or it could've just been a part of Corey's ploy. That's all I can think of to go on.

I was wondering if anyone would bring up myself or Sho. Unless you believe that Corey and me or Corey and Sho have been playing up a clever ruse all game to throw the scent off us, as he pretty well pushed for us (and Red) to be lynched all game, I think it's safe to say that both of us are innocent. I'm willing to believe that Demelza is innocent as well for similar reasons.

So, that leaves everyone else. Personally, one of Jada's comments from the previous day has caught my attention:

Personally I haven't been around much this game to know who thinks who is mafia, but I think it would smart if y'all started poking holes in the more vocal players, Because us quiet people are dying off, and have no connections to who's done it. Making me think that It would be a smart move on the mafias part to be some of the more vocal characters.

This comment came after Corey had pretty much 100% revealed himself to be suspicious. Jada didn't once comment about this fact, instead opting for a more generalized post. Corey was definitely one of the more vocal players this game, so why didn't Jada target him when he started going loopy? It seemed instead that her intended targets were likely myself, Sho, and Red (bless his thieving soul). If it's indeed true that Corey was pulling the strings all this time then chances are very high that the remaining Mafia members were "quiet players", or at the very least people who seem unoffensive.

We're running out of time but I don't feel right placing down a vote before hearing from the rest of you/Jada.

And for the record, I don't trust Karu either. ;x

Linkachu said:
@Karu: Considering how few players we have left, I think that would be a very bad idea at this stage in the game.

Aye. Abstaining should never be used because of indecisiveness, especially after Day 2.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. Of course I don't trust Katie. I do agree with her point about Jada, though. Quite suspicious, if you ask me. Karu's posts are far too neutral, but other than that, I see nothing wrong.

I didn't mention that because 1)I had just got home from work, 2) I just barely skimmed though the posts before saying anything. I was just hoping to not die due to inactivity, And I would really like to keep it that way.

And to be honest I really haven't been pointing fingers towards anyone this game. Normally I would have jokingly pointed to Red or you Katie, but that's because y'all are really good players and secretly I'm envious of you.
I should probably mention that when I actually have voted to Lynch someone it was after most everyone else had and I rereading everyone's thoughts before actually joining the bandwagon.

So when all is said and done I haven't had much time to read posts, making mine seem very stupid and suspicious, but that's what I get for babysitting for the bulk of my day.
If y'all really feel like Lynching my for progress go ahead but please note that it'll get you nowhere. I'm not Mafia this round but if you think it'll help I'm willing to die for the townies, just give me a heads up before killing me okay.

This game has been pretty empty in terms of info. We don't know much. However, we've reached the point where a shot in the dark is better than doing nothing. If you are indeed willing, I want to say that I'm sorry but I really hope this will help us.

Lynch Jada.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm at quite the loss too, so I guess the best I can do is run with my original hunch and hope it works out...

Lynch Jada

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Really we have nothing better to go with and Katie made a good case so, lynch Jada

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
And I think that's as good a place as any to end the day.

Jada has been lynched; she was a townie.

Status
Not open for further replies.