• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia VIII - Day Three [26nd-28th June]: Hit Me Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Soul was killed last night. He was the Detective.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
... We're in pretty deep trouble now. =/

At this stage we have to be pretty certain that whoever we kill is mafia, we can't afford to lynch a townsperson like we did with El during the last day.

.... What? No, not the detective and not Jesper D:

We are in a real bad situation now and like Dem says we have to hit Mafia, we're already 4 townies down and one of the most important roles has gone that leaves 10 of us iirc, one wrong move and going by mine and Katie's thought of 4/5 members the Mafia will either be outnumbering us or we will be on equal terms in numbers. Lynching another townie could result in our demise.

Again, even without the Detective hit the Mafia still made a good move and have us running around in the dark. Honestly the only thing I can think of to question is the people pushing for El which if I'm remembering correctly was Katie/Karu/Red that started that bandwagon other than that I'm pretty much lost at this point.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
So I guess I have to address this, but Katie totally threw El under the bus before anyone else. Just saying, ya'll.

Corey, I was so late to the "El lynching parade" that I am genuinely offended by my name being included. You constantly have thrown my name into conversations that it has nothing to do with. I want to know why, outside of JEALOUSY!!! D:

Also, Sho? Really, guys? Did we not learn from last game? :T

(Disclaimer: Will write better post tomorrow, but nobody had posted anything. Discuss my rational!)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
In fairness all Katie did was throw his name out, we all started thinking about it and then gave El the chance to defend himself or else we'd risk it because we had /nothing/ else to go on at that point. If nothing else we were just unlucky that he was a townsperson.

More so here I'd be looking at Corey because he was the only one really reluctant to lynch El, seemingly for the right reasons because he didn't like the risk, but what if he's mafia and didn't want to be seen lynching a villager? Iirc he did lynch El in the end but all along said it might not be a good idea or that Corey himself didn't suspect El. Food for thought people~

Katie did kind of throw him under the bus and that is due to her influence in game she stigmatised everyone into thinking about it, everyone jumped on as soon as Katie mentioned him, no one really batted an eyelash when Karu said it before Katie. Also think about it El is usually hard to take down during the day, why would Katie want to take him out that early and it can't be that he was Mafia and she was a townie.

I was reluctant because it seemed silly like Blazi was and everytime I've seen Blazi has been townie and we're one step closer to losing. Also iirc El usually starts posting good posts towards the end while everything is quiet and usually roots the remaining Mafia another reason why I wanted to keep him he is a brilliant late game player. Also for the record I abstained just because everyone was so incessant on El there was no evidence to lynch anyone else.

I'm keeping an eye on you Dem, I know only me and Red have posted but you've been quick to defend Katie when at this point in the game no one is trustworthy and especially a devious player like Katie, I'm not saying other people aren't devious but Katie seems to pull the underhanded tricks the best.

But like Red said earlier Sho. Again Sho has survived quite a bit longer than he normally does and also hasn't been flagged at this point, if not flagged the Mafia have usually offed him because he's a dangerous player. So either he has some connection to the Mafia (couple maybe) or he himself is Mafia which might explain why he is still with us.

One last point, the Mafia's targets seem to be people that are a little disconnected from the rest of us and as Red said in Day 2 at random, now this is making me wary of the quieter people in the game Chad, RMA and Jada simply because no tracks plus with them not really adding to conversation it means we can't pin them for anything which is exactly the perfect formula a Mafia member wants. I'm willing to bet that at least one of them is Mafia.

Overall at this point I'm thinking Sho and Katie are too dangerous to keep around. Dem is arousing my suspicions slightly and I'm really wary over the quieter people.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Coreysawrus said:
I'm keeping an eye on you Dem, I know only me and Red have posted but you've been quick to defend Katie when at this point in the game no one is trustworthy and especially a devious player like Katie, I'm not saying other people aren't devious but Katie seems to pull the underhanded tricks the best.

Nah, I'm just a fair person and me and Katie had been discussing El and saying we suspected him a bit, it just so happened that she posted and put the thought out before I did, it could just have easily been the other way around so I don't want to see her killed off for something we were both thinking. If you still suspect her then go ahead, I don't blame you by any means, but I do like to play fairly.

Losing so many townspeople we have to be careful anyway. Killing off Red/Katie/Sho all at once could well be the undoing of us, sure as mafia they're dangerous buggers, but on our side they can be just as dangerous, so all I'm saying is that we need to be careful.

Ah okay, I'm still gonna suspect her just because how devious she can be. Given numbers though at least one of them is probably Mafia. I'd like to see Jada and RMA to contribute see what they have to say and it'd be nice if Chad actually even turn up at all.

Atma

Formerly Karu
Woohoo! Alive in round three! Well there's my goal achieved now. I wonder who will end up skewered this time? Kinda sucks we lost the detective AND the fact it was Jasper is just knifing someone with salt.

for the record, I have made it to day three all but one game.The only exception is Game V where Red had me lynxhed Day One. Hell, I have been on Day Four a couple of times. So no, it is not strange for me to be alive right now. Corey, once again, your poor logic and reasoning is digging your grave for you.

Yoh have been calling out Red, Katie, and myself almost constantly this entire game. Maybe it is because any of us would be scary to take down as Mafia, or maybe because the three of us could take down Mafia with ease. Either way, we are far more helpful to the townspeople alive, so juat like what you did with the Lady of the Night in Game VII, you are making a huge deal out of nothing which gives me great cause to believe that you are Mafia trying to get rid of threats as early as possible.

However, there is still a very small chance that I am wrong, so I'll wait until someone else becomes more suspicious(good luck to them, tho) before I cast my vote at the end of the day

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
In my somewhat brief defense, aside from some of his humorous posts, El didn't really contribute very much to the conversations either, and he ended up being a townie. Luckii was even less vocal before he got killed, and he was a townie as well. I'm not saying that quiet players can't be Mafia, but I think we've come to learn that can't be the one and only reason to lynch someone.

I kinda have to say I agree with Sho here. Corey has been really pushing for lynching Sho, Red and Katie for little reason outside of the experience factor. He said they were too dangerous to keep around, but for which party? The Mafia would fear them if they are townies as much as the townies would fear them if they are Mafia, because they are very influential players. Getting rid of any of them if they are, in fact, not Mafia, would be devastating.

My suspicion is mostly on Corey at this point because of this, but I'm still gonna see what others have to say on the subject.

Shocari said:
for the record, I have made it to day three all but one game.The only exception is Game V where Red had me lynxhed Day One.

Of the games I've played last game was the only time you made it to day 3 so I'm only speaking from my experience because you got killed on night 2 in game 6.

I may have mentioned Red throughout but you and Katie I haven't. And of course I'm trying to take the three of you out because no one else daren't if I sat idly by whichever of you three are Mafia would just sail through with no rough patches.

And I'm not making a big deal out of nothing because at least one of you is Mafia and no one is gonna do anything about it. One of you three have always been Mafia in every game the three of you have been in.

Every time I've played I've been playing for the benefit of the town regardless of my alignment so I have the same right as you to be alive. I've been correctly trying to lead this town despite the sheer lack of evidence. And at this moment in time all I've had to go off is the El lynching and the rest has come from either Red's comments or being wary of quiet players.

Hopefully someone trusts me to lynch one of them but I doubt it because of their influence which controls pretty much every game way too much imho

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Coreysawrus said:
And I'm not making a big deal out of nothing because at least one of you is Mafia and no one is gonna do anything about it. One of you three have always been Mafia in every game the three of you have been in.

I really don't like it when people play the 'you've been x before so many times so chances are high that you'll be x again' card because the game doesn't work like that and likely never will. Just because one of those three is always mafia doesn't mean they always will be and we can't rely on that slim chance unless one of them slips up, for all we know they could have decent village roles.

Frankly it's not hard evidence and you're clutching at strews for reasons to lynch Sho/Red/Katie with that one.

"Influence" only extends to "Hey, let's lynch this person!" and everyone follows along. No one targets us vocally because they have nothing to go on, so why take the risk? And I'll say what I've said every single game: you can't just go based on experience. You HAVE to look at EVERY OTHER GAME and learn from them as well. It's the only way to truly better oneself in this game we call Mafia.

And you're right, I did die during Night 2 of Game VI. But do you know why? Because the Mafia viewed me as a threat because I got Belle killed(who was Mafia). In every other game, the Mafia target me the moment I take down one of their key players. Might be Day 2, might be Day 3.

But because this game has provided us with very, very little to go on, which lead to the lynching of El, I'm still alive because I haven't killed Mafia. I won't be a threat until I do.

And if I remember correctly, there was actually a game where Red, Katie, and myself were all townsfolk(but I think one of them got Underboss'd?). So there's some food for thought.

EDIT: Dem inb4'd me, but speaking of percentages, you've been Mafia a fair number of times, haven't you, Corey? :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Coreysawrus said:
Katie did kind of throw him under the bus and that is due to her influence in game she stigmatised everyone into thinking about it, everyone jumped on as soon as Katie mentioned him, no one really batted an eyelash when Karu said it before Katie. Also think about it El is usually hard to take down during the day, why would Katie want to take him out that early and it can't be that he was Mafia and she was a townie.

I'm actually as surprised by the outcome as you. I only targeted El because I was wasn't confident enough to call out anyone else when there was still so little to go on, and the only reason I targeted him specifically was for the exact reason that I stated during the previous day: that posting style always makes me wary. Someone who's posting brief or random posts can't really be analyzed one way or another, so they're just as likely to be innocent as they are to be guilty. You can't be sure which it is until they're dead or the detective identifies them... and so much for the latter. </3 I was in no way confident that El was Mafia, but it was a 50/50 chance and I had nothing better to go on. As Sho said, abstaining again a second day in a row was not a wise option, so I bit the bullet and put my lynch vote down.

I'm trying to figure out if the final sentence of the above quote is you just thinking outloud or you outright accusing me. El didn't even get the chance to defend himself during the previous day so I didn't get the chance to consider different options either. I'd already previously stated why I went for him, which I've now repeated again in this post. I had no idea which alignment he was but I was certainly hopeful that he was Mafia. There was always a risk with a lynch vote like that, but I took it. And it failed. And we are down so many townies now. x.x

Edit: Alright, now I see that you're getting more serious. I don't mind being thrown under the bus so I'll just ask you straight, Corey, are you suspicious of me because of my posts thus far or just because of how I've played in the past? Because I am suspicious of you, as previously stated before I targeted El. You're continuing to give me more and more reason to be suspicious of you too.

And for the record, I don't believe Dark Soul's death was randomized - not in the least. That's not to say that the Mafia knew they were taking out the detective, moreso that him dying (after some of the comments he made the previous day) makes me think that someone's paying attention to small details; the sort of details that I pay attention to.

Finally someone wrote a nice post that didn't sound mean or threatening and no I've only been Mafia the one time which was last game where I was the biggest mess and flop of a Mafia member ever, I was even more obvious than Josh was simply because I have no idea how to play as Mafia.

And now for my big reveal I've been purposely trying to get your attention to ensure more people actually read what I have to say. First of all you lot are too easy to troll and this game is too easy to ruin ♥ Secondly my lynch today was planned ♥ Also it's a shame the Double Agent role has gone because a certain someone would be great it, it's also a shame getting rid of me will be their demise

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
...just... *walks off, shaking his head*

For the record, I still do not want to Lynch Corey today. If he really is Mafia and wanted to be lynched today, screw him. If he wanted us to go the route I am, screw him again. We focus on sniffing somebody else out. He could be the Jester for all we know, and trying to insult us to ensure his death (I would have killed you Day 1 if you wanted death this badly, because with how painfully blunt you've been all game we both know it could have been done).

So no, lynching Corey is not the right course here.

EDITING MORE, JUST WANTED TO GET THAT OUT FIRST BEFORE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING RASH

Corey is trying to bait us for some reason. He has been all game long. He kept on about how bad he is at this game, trying to paint himself the fool. Then he kept trying to pick arguments with me for everything and constantly trying to get my attention. He has mentioned Katie and Sho as well, yes, but I've been his main target all game long for whatever reason. Not sure of his reasoning right now, but I say we let him sit about and ignore him.

Not factoring Corey into anything allows us to knock the numbers of possible suspects one person lower. And again, I'm really not convinced that he is Mafia. He's just trying to be chaotic, almost how Shiny was in Game 5(?) when she was Mafia but wanted the Townies to win.

I would like to turn the attentions of everyone to people we have not really acknowledged thus far: Jada, RMA and even Karu and Dem (who have posted a decent bit, but nobody has really cast suspicion on them). I'm not throwing any of you out lynching, just to talk about.

Also, there is no Gadgeteer this game. ;)

I see I've been mentioned at least twice already... Just pointing this out for everyone, The past few days have been crazy for me because it was my little brothers birthday... So with planning, and going out to dinner I really can't think of much more to say then a quick hello and goodbye.
*sighs* I know normally I've been a lot more active during the mafia games, but life has been throwing for curve balls my way lately. I really dont want to die today, but seeing as if I claim I'm something everyone will take it the other way and lynch me, or mafia will kill me to make a point. I can't seem to really do anything.
All I know is what I've seen, which is mafia is bound to win this round if we dont hurry up and lynch one of them, and what I know about my own role. I dont trust any of you, because y'all are more likely to kill me then to take my words at face value, but then again this game does that to you.
We're just a bunch of paranoid people that are out to kill each other to try and save the town from an threat that the mafia poses.

Now that I've said that, We really should start picking at people more trying to get them to say 'something' What we are doing right now is getting us nowhere and closer to losing another townie. Personally I haven't been around much this game to know who thinks who is mafia, but I think it would smart if y'all started poking holes in the more vocal players, Because us quiet people are dying off, and have no connections to who's done it. Making me think that It would be a smart move on the mafias part to be some of the more vocal characters.
Well what do you know I really can post thought out post every now and then.

Hehehehe death is upon me and I'm taking Shocari with me hehehe the demise is almost here

EDIT: Shit wrong name, oh well he'll do

Coreysawrus said:
Hehehehe death is upon me and I'm taking Shocari with me hehehe the demise is almost here

EDIT: Shit wrong name, oh well he'll do

This. This is why we proofread.

And why exactly is it that I "will do"? You dug your own grave there, mister.

I do still find it incredibly hard to typo "SirRed"/"Red" with "Shocari", but I digress.

Lynch Corey because he wants to see me continue my trend of dying before mid-game D:

Red wasn't my intended target Katie was xD But while I was writing that post your name was on screen and distracted me that is how bad I am xD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It's kinda bandwagon time again here, and with all respect Corey you have admitted to not really being a townsperson, so our choice here should be safe. :p

Lynch Corey

Atma

Formerly Karu
... Well this is frightening... Oh god, what's happening? True target? I get a sense of impending doom. Perhaps we can save him still!? Though I suppose it is far too late. I for one do not feel comfortable with this yet so will be keeping judgement to myself for the time being. I would also like to attempt to account for my general mistakes and absence as of 5pm (I will vote before this time) due to my girlfriend's birthday. I'm afraid as it is our first together I'm so anxious I'm up at 4:58am typing this, damn it XD But no. I'm interested to see how anyone else might play out an opinion in the prelude to Corey's probable destruction.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Okay...so I'll say that it's not a ridiculous notion at all that Corey could very possibly not be lying here, and that he has some grand scheme all set for when he gets lynched, seeing how he has done quite a good job intentionally offing himself in the past as jester, (good show if that's your role here too, by the way), but, the fact that it's really starting to look like he's not a regular townie is the most suspicion we've got so far.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the priest and he's planning on vengeance killing someone once he's done in, but, I guess we'll find out once it all goes down. He sounds rather eager for it to happen, so, I don't mind if we oblige. Lynch Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.