• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
New forums, new thread ♥

When the Staff showcases are back up and running, I'll probably put all my old stuff in there, but for now here's something new~

Requests: Open/Full/Closed
Current requests
----

When requests are open I won't accept requests made in this topic. I'll accept requests via PM or in Chat. As a rule, I only accept requests from regular members that I know quite well. It's nothing personal, but as I put a lot of time and effort into requests, I'd rather do it for friends.

~~~~~~~~~

I have recently discovered the marvellous package that is Corel Painter 11. The artwork I did for the artworks rule threads were the first drawings I did on Painter (Go look at them!), and these were the second:

My Team ~

Thunderdog.png
Amaranthus.png
Empire.png
Zodiac.png
Atlanta.png
Cravendale.png

From the top left: Thunderdog the Manectric, Amaranthus the Sceptile, Empire the Weavile, Zodiac the Dragonite, Atlanta the Vaporeon, Cravendale the Miltank.

If you're a member of the 'Charms WiFi club, you've probably met them~

I still need to do Murkrow, but the six lovely Pokemon above are my standard competitive battle team. I may do a couple of the substitutes as time goes by~ 

Re: Magpie's Art thread of Doom ♥

Oooooo now these are nifty, Magpie :o

Especially liking the one of your Vaporeon, that seems to be my favourite ^^ Nice name too, Atlanta, right? Thats ♥

Im loving these, the frames make the pictures classier still. I love the colors and the lil held items too. Well done :D

(Crosses fingers for requests)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Oh my gods... I adore these, Magpie! And it looks like you've picked up some new team members since we last battled, too. Looking forward to meeting them all on the battle field someday! XD

The lineart and coloring/shading for all of them is wonderful and fun (really nice style on the coloring/shading in particular), but like LoN my favourite is definitely your Vaporeon. I might be slightly biased on that one, tho... ;)

Runner up is definitely your Miltank. She looks so happy in that picture. But then, so does that Dragonite. Blah! They all look great here. ^^

Glad to see your art thread revived~

Keep up the great work and do share more. :D

Wow those are amazing. I love them. I really like the dragonite its adorable.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

You're team portraits are adorable I love Cravendale and Atlanta(her ear ring is great) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MAGPIE ART : D : D ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

It's so freaking adorable xD

I think Empire (I think it's Empire. I'm not too intelligent xD anyway -- the Dragonite) is by far my favorite. It just looks so...happy! They all do, really. I really, really love your artwork, and this is no exception! ♥

I rarely comment in art threads, but this is a special case. Magpie you art just makes me smile. Miltank is so cute! And btw, the pics in all of your rule threads are pure win. I almost died of ♥ when I saw the pic of Pokabu ♥

Well I was waiting for one of your art threads to pop up sooner or later, what with all this lovely art in the rules and such ~

So anyways, I love your team pictures :D
The shading is super cool on all of them, but especially on Vaporeon. I also love Vaporeon's little earring (I'm not sure if they usually have that but either way I think it's a cool addition)

My favorite is Cravendale, because she looks all happy and the angle she is at is really well positioned and I just like it ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

:O I adore these pictures of your team Magpie. They're so purty and just amazing in every which way. The line art is splendid, as is the shading and coloring (you even stayed in the lines whilst coloring~ *high fives*).

I love how each one of them has a nice sense of personality to them that you captured very nicely. The held items are a very cool and nice touch. I love them all so much.

Also~ Super Thunderdog FTW! :3 (It looks like a cape to me. :p)

I love these! They are so cool and Cravedale is so cute! ^-^ Zodiac (The Dragonite?) Is so cool too, just so cute! I pray that you will do requests! ^-^

Oh my...
You arts. There awshumsauce. In the extreme!
Really though, my favourites would be Cravendale and Zodiac. Cravendale's pose just makes me smile. Zodiac's softer colours really appeal to me as well. Keep up the art of wonder! ;)

Atlanta's earring is cute on that finny ear. :D She looks so serious. I wonder how you'd do an actual animal.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone. They mean a lot to me ♥
I can draw real critters, Secad, but I'd need to get used to Painter before I attempted someone like Fi - who I assume you were thinking of XD

Carmen's Team ♥

Yuki.png
Megumi.png
Anastasio.png
Megan.png
Bronzong.png
Allison.png

We have Yuki the Froslass, Megumi the Lucario, Anastasio the Arcanine, Megan the Meganium, Bronzong and Allison the Swampert. Look at lucky Anastasio there with all the ladies~

I actually had the most fun doing Bronzong, purely because I'd never really even looked at him until now. I always assumed it's eyes were at the top... needless to say I learnt something! I tried to make Megumi look subtly feminine, and I think she looks it to some degree - hopefully you'll agree. All in all I hope you like them all, Carmen, they were fun to draw :D

Requests are not open btw, I just happened to bump into Carmen in chat ♥

*If there is some green on Yuki's arm let me know. I've fixed the original image, but I'm not sure if my browser is just still showing me the green because the image is cached or something :V

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

Carmens team is beautiful they are all done so well, I cant see any green on yuki so don't worry.

keep up the good work~

~Psy~

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Psy-teen said:
I cant see any green on yuki so don't worry.
~Psy~

Thanks. That's made me feel better ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Eeee... Carmen's team! I'm loving this style of yours more and more, Magpie. ^__^

Again, while they all look great, I have a favourite from those six... and that would be the Lucario. Loving the perspective for her (she's all noble and badass at the same time x3).

I forgot to mention it previously, but I too love how you include some of the held items. It's really fun seeing how you picture 'em being attached to the Pokemon ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I love Carmen's team. They're so pretty like. :3 The poses are very nice and I love the colors on the Pokemon. The hues that you use seem to give them a more realistic feel and I adore that.

The continued inclusion of the held items is also epic buckets of win. My favorite of them is Megan the Meganium, albeit a bit biased, but whatever. :p

I can't wait to see who's team you do next. -^^-

*Dies of awesome*

Thanks so much Magpie! ♥ You did an amazing job. Oddly enough, you said Bronzong was your favorite to draw, and it's ended up being my favorite of the bunch XD. Megumi, Anastasio, and Yuki look so regal. Allison and Megan are just beast. I'm just impressed that you managed to come up with awesome pictures out of my rambling descriptions lol.

Wow I'm loving these team shot gallery things ^^;

Especially liking the perspective on Bronzong, that's really nice. Makes Bronzong look kinda intimidating D: *hides*

I also noticed the held items like Katie mentioned, its a great extra touch to add :)

Aww, I love these little muggies. You manage to show a lot of emotion in such a small space. I've gotten like Corell Painter or some such with my tablet, but I never really liked it. You made me want to try it, although it's mostly you shining through these.
And well, I've always loved your stuff... yeah.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Thanks for all your comments. I love you all :D

I'm glad you liked your team muggies, Carmen. It was fun to draw them all, especially with a couple of them being Pokemon I've never even thought of drawing before. Bronzong is growing on me XD

Rayn ~ Painter is great fun, even to just mess around with all the different brushes. I don't think I'm using it properly yet though, as all I've done is used it exactly how I'd use Photoshop XD

Next batch ♥

A bit of Pheo goodness, this is Burlane's team. I'll get round to Lanis's team at some point ♥

Argent.png
Alysandra.png
Grunthor.png
Frosty.png
Screech.png
Zenith.png

We have Argent the Swampert, Alysandra the Gardevoir, Grunthor the Salamence, Frosty the Abomosnow, Screech the Exploud and Zenith the Aggron.

I hope the odd colouring on Argent is right, Pheo. I looked up bruises and such for the colouring. Frosty has his little Hail storm behind him as suits his ability XD
Grunthor is my favourite out of this bunch, even though I had trouble getting him to look like he was smiling :V
Screech proved the hardest, if only because I've never seen one with it's mouth closed. I have no idea if his teeth should be showing or what not XD
Anyway, I hope you like them, Pheo ♥

Once again, I'm really impressed! Alysandra and Screech are my favorite of the bunch ♥ And the phenomenon of Salamence smiling is always hilarious. I love how you inject personality into the mugshots!

And good to know that Bronzong grew on you!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

you're work is simply amazing magpie, it is beautiful, i hope you keep it up,

~Psy~

Oooo I love how Salamence is all "^.^", he looks sooo happy :D

The gardevoir is nice too, I like her :)

Alysandra's pecha berry brooch is adorable! Lovely work once again. Screech looks seriously badass.

You continue to amaze me, Magpie. Your art is phemonenal and I wish to see more. Best of luck to you!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I must admit, I truly adore you for drawing a new Swampert, it really shows your commitment to making these and I love it. (Also, you may have to be drawing quite a few more seeing as so many people on Charms seem to use Swampert. :p)

I love the berry in the hair of the Gardevoir, just makes her look so pretty. :3

Terrific work as always Magpie, I can't wait to see the next one.

Magpie... you are win! ^^

I was rather floored when you first showed me Ali, and it fit perfectly for her with her crazy little berry obsession! The coloring works wonderfully on Argent's head fins, not quite how I imagined it but it works great! Screech looks like such a badass, and I agree, I haven't really seen any pics of Explouds with their mouths closed either. XD Everyone else looks wonderful and I love it so much <3333

Magpie,

I literally never, ever get tired of your art. Your style is some of the most adorable thing I've ever seen :D

I think Burlane's team came out great :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Much love to you all ♥ ♥ ♥

Oh look, something different :D

BabyCup.png

I originally did this for the Baby Cup in our Battle League, but it's not gone ahead this season, so here it is anyway~

FIGHT!

Oooh, thats really nifty Ferne! Love it :D

I love the little details as well as the main parts - like the jagged bits of the skull and the twig on Turtwig's head; great stuff as always ^^

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

hey that is so cool I love how its done~

by the way lon don't you mean the jagged pieces of skull on cubone's head?

keep up the good work
~Psy~

Psy-teen said:
by the way lon don't you mean the jagged pieces of skull on cubone's head?
Er, yes. I felt the need to not mention it was Cubone's because there is only one skull here :p

...Skull that's showing anyhow.

I love it, the shading is really nice Magpie. I love Turtwig's expression, and Cubone's skull looks really cool. Very climatic background too.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Epic baby battle a go-go~! Very nicely done, Magpie. I adore the shading on the Pokemon, adds real depth and feel to the Pokemon and you do such an amazing job at it that I just get a bit blown away (stop blowing me away D:<).

I love your chooses for the picture too. An awesome starter that is my second favorite little turtle Pokemon (forget the fact that there are only three turtle lines >>;; ), and a slightly underloved Pokemon that is still awesome in its own right.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. :3 *stalks thread like a fiend*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Cubone vs Turtwig! Badasssssss~

I squeed when I first saw that image, and I still love it. Too bad that the Baby Cup league didn't go through this time 'round because it would've been fun to use that image. Maybe we can find uses for it other ways, tho... :3

Love the colors and your lineart, Magpie. Really lively image. You should post the other battle pic, too! ^^