• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Mega Lopunny OU Team

My personal favorite OU team that revolves around Mega Lopunny (my motherfucking spirit pokémon okay) and others that support it! I use a Florges in place of Jirachi in my actual OR game as opposed to Showdown, so I'll be posting her set as well. The team treats me relatively well given my lack of experience and prediction skills, but I just felt like hearing others' opinions on it.

Mary (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Talos (Talonflame) (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Winter (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Dolly (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect

Koshosho (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Eddie (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave (Bomb in OR)

Tammy (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
There's a few things you could change:

- Garchomp may be running a more team supporting/defensive style here but that doesn't mean he has to completely dedicate to it. Toxic is a bit wasted on him since his 130 Base Attack would do more damage to almost everything anyway. The only thing you're really likely to commonly catch with Toxic is Togekiss, and catching it with a Stone Edge as it switches in would probably work better anyway.

- Sharp Beak is trash. Muscle Band or Life Orb both outclass it if you want a basic replacement.

- Weavile is fine.

- Jirachi's set is OK but quite outdated when every Electric-type in the world just walls you to hell and back.

- Wish/Protect is far better than having Synthesis and Wish on Florges since Wish/Protect also gives you a free Leftovers. If you keep Toxic on something, it also lets that get an extra tick of damage for free if they stay in.

- Hex is bad since people can (and will) just switch around it if they know you have it, and the commonly-used Heatran is immune to both Will-O-Wisp and Toxic. Shadow Ball may not be as strong against a status'd foe but its consistency is a lot more valuable. Also consider Substitute over Taunt, as it synergizes well with Black Sludge and is a generally great move for Gengar to have.

- Power-Up Punch is pretty mediocre on anything not named Mega Kangaskhan, especially considering how many moves Lopunny gets to royally mess with opponents. Magic Coat and Encore are both really good for screwing with people, and the latter can be hilarious if someone tries to use Protect against your Hi Jump Kick.

Overall it's pretty good.

Thank you for the input! I'm very new to teambuilding and was pretty much just going entirely off of Smogon-submited sets. I knew my team had a glaring weakness in that I have no way of removing entry hazards, but the only one who would really suffer from stealth rocks is Talonflame and maybe Weavile is she were really low on health, and I really don't want to switch around any of my mons at this point either, so the only thing I could really do is maybe give Talonflame Defog???? Regardless, I knew there was that, but I wasn't sure how else to improve.

Man, I love running Hex on Gengar tho despite its flaws, but if I'm better off taking Toxic off Garchomp then I might as well. I really did end up rarely finding a good opportunity to use Toxic anyway.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Talonflame is passable at using Defog since it gets Gale Wings priority on it but it'll definitely be eating a ton of Stealth Rock damage in the process of removing it, so I'd stick with what you have. Leftovers on Talonflame can cushion the damage a little bit, otherwise Florges's Wish passing is probably the best way to keep Talonflame and Weavile alive.

You'll learn from experience what works and what doesn't. If you find certain moves are not proving useful in practice, consider dropping those moves for alternatives that you feel your team could benefit from.