• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mega Pokémon Returning in Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Corocoro mega image.jpg
This month's edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro has begun to leak and brings with it some exciting news about up-coming Nintendo Switch games Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee and Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu.

The magazine confirms that Mega Pokémon will be making a return to the games after being largely ignored in Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. In the image above you can see the mega forms for all three of the Kanto starters.

Corocoro Surge image.jpg

A second image from the magazine also confirms that Lt. Surge will be returning to his role as leader of the Vermilion City Gym.

Updated: An official English trailer has been released showcasing this information, as well as more footage of the iconic Team Rocket trio. Take a look!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Now if only Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle were your starters it would make being able to Mega Evolve them so much more exciting. I'm curious if we'll get any new Megas this time though. I know the ones I really want to see won't be happening due to the Kanto region remaining a pristine landscape unchanged over the generations because apparently invasive species just can't settle there unless Johto is somehow involved. At the very least it intrigues me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Considering that they just dropped a new trailer released showing off Mega Kanga and Mega Gyarados, I feel more reassured now that all of the previously existing Kanto Mega Pokémon will be included in the Let's Go games. Probably a no brainer that they'll likely make certain Mega Stones version exclusive too, eh?

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll gain access to Mega Evolution early enough in-game so that I can actually take advantage of it for certain Pokémon. As of now I've used all three Kanto starters as megas, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gengar, Mega Aerodactyl and maaaybe Mega Alakazam, but I think that's it for me. Lots to still try out!