• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mini Tourney: Alphabet Soup (Feb. 19th) - Sign ups closed.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Re: Mini Tourney: Alphabet Soup (Feb. 26th) - Sign ups closed.

Oddly, as it turns out, I will only be able to compete on the weekend of the 19th. I have to go home for that weekend anyways, and I won't be able to go home on the weekend of the 26th (which means no wifi access for me) as I have two meetings at school that weekend.

And as for bumping it back, that runs into the release of the Gen V games, which will most likely consume a lot of playing time by most folks here. :T

I say go with whatever date is best for everyone else. If I can compete I will, otherwise I apologize.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Bwahahahahahah, I have managed to grovel and beg my way into getting my holiday back on the 19th :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sweet! The 19th it is! :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
An idea struck me today for this (certainly no idea that would be objected to by anyone, so I'll simply implement it now) that I've honestly been planning for a while but somehow managed to completely forget about for every single tournament that has rolled by here. So, to prevent me from forgetting again, I might as well implement the idea here...

The winner of the ABC Soup tournament will receive a shiny Fearow with Volt Tackle. No, I'm not joking, I'm 100% serious.

I know some of you will understand why I chose this prize...

P.S. For all those still skeptical due to my sarcastic nature, I am being serious here.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Right, so here's the lowdown.

For various reasons, Rain, Carmen, Sem, Shocari, and Virgil can't compete. That means we're sitting at 7 competitors now.

Stam says she's competing, but she'll be late.

We've also been taking a vote for how we want this tournament run (round robin or elimination), and LoN - the first to comment - said Round Robin. The rest of you can either comment here in advance or tell us what you think at 6 PM GMT. We're gonna format the tournament based on votes, majority rules.

That's all for now. ^^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Luckily, I may have found another (extremely last-minute) participant to round out the numbers.

...their identity is my secret for now. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I guess we're officially round robin for this. ^^

Edit: These are the battle videos I saved and uploaded throughout the tournament.

63-77567-21277 - Linkachu VS SirRed
94-17639-22063 - Linkachu VS Bal
17-11901-65607 - Linkachu VS LoN: Final battle

And more from other people...

98-68466-43559 - Blisk vs LoN
76-46244-21329 Red v. Blisk

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Magpie vs LoN

50-16768-52648

Magpie vs Mystery Man