• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Misc. short stories

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
As the title says, a collection of stories unrelated to each other that I write.
I'll make a table of contents when I have more stories.

~Rinko~

‘See The Future’ Club

The classroom’s light blue walls were covered with silver trimmed rich purple silk, similar curtains blocked out the light from the window. Sitting on the corner of the teacher’s desk, one leg over the other was a young girl, staring curiously at a bright red glass orb in her hand. She twisted around her hand and tilted her head to look it from all angles, the expression in her dark purple eyes unchanging.

Someone slammed open the door, letting in a burst of soft, orange light. In the doorway stood a young boy wearing a simple school uniform, the jacket unbuttoned. His hair was short and messy, and dull brown in colour, while his eyes were a bright purple that seemed to sparkle, even with his back to the light.

“Miss! I found the stones you were looking for!” he exclaimed.

The girl on the desk looked up at the boy. “Good work. Where are they?” her voice seemed quite emotionless as she spoke.

“Ah, ‘Naiur’ is bringing them... actually she found them and just sent me to tell you...”

“Hmpf. Very well then, ‘Izure.’ Get in the room and shut the door now will you?”

“Ah, right, miss.” he bowed and did as he was told, returning the room to a dark state.

After a few moments of silence, the door opened by just a crack and a girl snuck through, closing the door behind her and approaching the teacher’s desk.

“This is what you should do, ‘Izure.’” the girl on the desk said, with the slightest hint of annoyance in her voice.

The girl who had entered the room wore the same uniform as ‘Izure,’ but with the jacket buttoned up. She also wore a small cross-body-bag, which she took off and handed to the other girl.

“The stones you were looking for – clear and deep gemstones – sapphire, peridot and yellow topaz. Two of each, for good measure.” she said, bowing her head as she held out the bag, letting her brown twin braids fall in front of her shoulders.

“Thank you, ‘Naiur.’” the girl on the desk said, uncrossing her legs. She stuffed the crystal she held into the pocket of her pitch-black trousers, took the bag and opened it. “Hm, yes, these shall do.” she said, before sliding off the desk.

“So, miss... we can do a proper spell?” ‘Izure’ asked.

“Yes.”

The girl who was once on the desk, the leader of the group, sat down cross-legged on the floor, the bag in her lap. ‘Naiur’ and ‘Izure’ sat down on the floor as well, forming a circle.

“Sapphire for the sea – for wildness and for change.” the leader of the group said, pulling out a sapphire from the bag. She handed it the boy, calling out his ‘name’ “‘Izure—’”

“Yes!” he bowed as he took the gemstone in both hands.

“Topaz for the air – for calmness and for change.” again, the same ritual repeated, the leader handing a yellow topaz to the other girl, “‘Naiur—’”

“Yes.” again, she bowed and took the stone in both hands.

“And peridot for the earth – for time and for stillness.” she said, pulling out that gemstone and tossing aside the bag. “‘Rarinkuh—!’” she yelled, holding up her gemstone high in both hands. She also tilted her head back so much as to let her dark purple hood fall off, showing her long silvery hair. The others followed suit, lifting the gems as high as possible.

“Wild or calm, show the changes that shall occur, if those who know remain still—!” the three shouted in unison, With that, the gems began to glow, beams of light emerged from them, spiralling around and outwards, illuminating the room. As the coloured rays where scraping the edge of the room, they spiralled back inwards, connecting all of the gems together with the magic.

As the trio stared intently at the ceiling between the gems, an image slowly took form within. It was blurry at first, but slowly it – and the sound – became clearer and clearer.

The image showed a dark brown-ish room with a wooden table with a vase on it. As it came into focus, they could see a figure in dark clothes with long black hair cowering underneath the table, the sound of crying could be heard. And then a rough, male voice, that made ‘Naiur’ flinch when she heard it.

“Stop hiding! You stupid brat!” the voice said. At that, the figure underneath the table reached out their arm, reaching up to grab the vase. A bulky figure started to block the view, “You think you can throw that at me and run off, don’t you?” came that voice again, “Well, you can’t!” the man stated, rushing at the table and seizing the vase for himself.

“P...please... please stop... let me go... go see Ririku again...” came a soft, crying voice.

At that, ‘Naiur’ dropped her gemstone, dissipating the spell. She covered her face with her hands, pressing down a little on her eyes.

“...That was your sister, wasn’t it?” the leader asked, lowering her arms, though still looking upwards.

“...Yes...” ‘Naiur’ muttered.

“That didn’t give us any useful information to rescue her, though... hmpf, what a shame. We can’t do another spell today, either.” the leader said, standing up and dusting down her clothes. She pulled up her hood and turned to leave. “Let’s meet here this time tomorrow.”

“...Alright.” ‘Nairur’ said, standing up herself.

“Haa... what a bore...” ‘Izure’ grumbled. “We couldn’t do anything...”

“Tomorrow, surely, will be the day we find out where ‘Naiur’- no, Ririku’s sister is.”

“Yes, surely.” Ririku forced a smile. She wanted to believe that, but she couldn’t.

~Rinko~

A Painful Memory...

I sigh. What was this place I’d wound up? Oh, only the world of darkness.

I was trying to do the right thing, I’m sure. I just wanted a better life and yet–

I tap my fingers against my leg. I want to get out of here already. I swear if I stay here much longer, I’ll go mad.

Ah, is that the point? I was called crazy when I tried casting the spell to change fate that ended up sending me here.

So is this punishment to restore my sanity? Haha... the only way for that to happen would be for my changes to fate to be put in place and for me to be sent back in time with my memories wiped.

Those changes to fate were that I’d discover my innate spell by stealing one from someone other than my mother, who was relying on that spell.

And then, that even if she still died, that father wouldn’t snap and yell at and beat up my younger brother.

So that then he won’t also snap and have his innate spell go so out of control I have no choice but to take it from him.

Haha... my life’s been such a mess. It did all start when he was born, but I’d never say it was his fault.

Having grown up in a small village, it’s not like there was anything else that could’ve been done to save our mum. She got sick and, through the healing spells of all the people of the village and her own innate spell, survived another six years.

Until I took that self-healing innate spell by accident.

If anyone should’ve been blamed, it should’ve been me.

Ah, yeah. I should’ve said sorry for that.

I don’t think I can now, though. I can’t apologise to my brother now.

Because I’m stuck here while he’s...

No... if the changes to fate I made aren’t going through then–

Then he remembers it now. And I can’t help him.

I can’t... I can’t... I can’t let that happen–!

Tears started to flow down my cheeks. Please, let me out of here.

Let me talk to him. Help him–

Even if fate doesn’t change– Even if everything I did to get here was pointless–

Let me be there to help him!

Any god or fate listening, listen to me.

Please... all I want is for him to live happily.

Last edited: