• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Missingno Squad: Search for the Glitch Pokémon

Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

This Role Play will be about a group of trainers/researchers who form a team to hunt for the Glitch Pokémon... Missingno!

Introducing my character:

Researcher Satoru (nickname Saru)

Pokémon Team:

Venusaur
Level 38
Male
Serious Nature
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Double Edge
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder

Pidgeot
Level 37
Male
Brave Nature
Moves:
Brave Bird
Return
Aerial Ace
Fly

Gyarados
Level 34
Adamant Nature
Female
Moves:
Dragon Rage
Surf
Blizzard
Strength

Snorlax
Level 33
Male
Lax Nature
Moves:
Rock Smash
Hyper Beam
Giga Impact
Rest

Scyther
Level 35
Female
Lonely Nature
Moves:
Fury Cutter
Double Team
Cut
Aerial Ace

Raichu
Female
Careful Nature
Moves:
Shock Wave
Thunder
Brick Break
Iron Tail

So, the story begins now!

As usual, Saru was doing calculations on his computer. He was trying to track the objective of his entire researcher career: Missingno.
"EUREKA!!!" Exclaimed Saru. He had tracked, once again, the Glitch Pokémon. He immediately left home, and exclaimed: "Pidgeot, use Fly, to Cinnabar Island!" and rode on his Pidgeot, who flew up high. They traveled from Celadon City to Cinnabar Island.
When they landed on Cinnabar, Saru returned Pidgeot to its Poké Ball and sent out Gyarados to use Surf. After some searching on the sea border, Saru and Gyarados finally encountered it. The Missingno.
It looked like a pixelated shape, with no face, arms, or legs.
Saru immediately sent out Pidgeot to slash the Missingno with an Aerial Ace. The Missingno was struck and damaged, but it regenerated itself and started glowing.
Pidgeot flew up high. Missingno continued glowing. Pidgeot used Fly. Missingno used Sky Attack.
Both collided into each other, but Missingno was stronger and Pidgeot fainted.
While Saru returned Pidgeot to its Poké Ball, Missingno disintegrated itself into pixels and teleported away.
Once again, Saru and his Pokémon failed to catch it.

Last edited:
Name: Detective Oz

Pokemon team:

Pikachu
Level 12
Male
Nature: Mild
Moves:
Electro Web
Iron Tail
Agility
Quick Attack

Inteleon
Level 36
Male
Nature: Serious
Moves:
Snipe Shot
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

Honedge
Level 25
Male
Nature: Docile
Moves:
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Fury Cutter
Gyro Ball

Salamence
Level 52
Male
Nature: Hardy
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Air Slash
Outrage
Flamethrower

Espeon
Level 49
Female
Nature: Gentle
Moves:
Psychic
Reflect
Future Sight
Light Screen

Snubbull
Level 11
Female
Nature: Admant
Moves:
Play Rough
Charm
Bite
Growl

"That was one dangerous Pokemon, I must say." Said a strange voice. It was Oz, the greatest detective and magician in all of the regions in the world of Pokemon. "But I must admit, you do have some skill." Oz continued. "It almost seemed like Salamence want to battle you with some...strength he has. But I'm aware that you're up to something. And I wish to tag along with you if you don't mind." Oz lend his hand to Saru. "Sala-salamence...("You can't just go out and take him down by surprise. You have to come up with a better plan to go with your project. That way, you'll never lose touch of the prize you desire.")" Salamence instructed.

At that moment, Saru had an idea: create a team to catch Missingno, and that strange man could be the first recruit. "What do you say, Gyarados?" asked Saru to the water Pokémon. It looked at the man and then at the Salamence, and then said: "Gyara-Gyar!"(That Salamence looks tough!) Saru considered this as a yes and accepted Oz on the newly-formed team. "Welcome to the Missingno squad", he said.

"Thanks, my dear friend." Said Oz. Oz's Pokemon team came out of their Poke Balls and began to greet Sura's Pokemon team as good friends. "Pikachu!/Intel.../Hon./Sala!/Espy!/Snub...("Hello!/Greetings.../Hi./Greetings!/Hello!/Hey...")" They all said in unison. "Allow me to introduce myself." Said Oz. "I am Oz. The famous detective/magician in all regions in the world of Pokemon." Oz then magically revealed an apple and gave it to Sura. "Eat up, you'll feel better." Said Oz.

Saru took the apple and started eating it. Then, he decided to give Oz a test to measure his skills: a Pokémon battle. "I challenge you to a Pokémon Battle!", he exclaimed.

"Very well then, Honedge, I choose you!" Said Oz as he sent out Honedge into battle. "Just remember: you're facing the famous detective in the universe of Pokemon. Don't dilly dally, dear child."

“So, you send out Honedge? Okay then, go, Gyarados!” Saru said, while eating the apple, and he threw a Pokéball. It opened, and, in a flash of light, a huge monster appeared.

Name: Silvia Chrenko

Pokémon Team:

Hydreigon
Level 66
Female
Adamant Nature
Moves:
Crunch
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Nasty Plot

Galvantula
Level 38
Male
Timid Nature
Moves:
Electroweb
Agility
Sucker Punch
Bug Buzz (TR)

Seismitoad
Level 46
Serious Nature
Female
Moves:
Drain Punch
Mud Shot
Bubble Beam
Hyper Voice

Lampent
Level 39
Male
Hasty Nature
Moves:
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade
Shadow Ball
Fire Spin

Budew
Level 3
Male
Lonely Nature
Moves:
Absorb
Growth
Stun Spore
Worry Seed

Galarian Ponyta
Level 16
Female
Careful Nature
Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Confusion
Fairy Wind

“I came all the way from Galar, and I arrive right as it disappears...”

Silvia squinted at the fading, pixelated blob below as it disintegrated into thin air, the steady thrum of her Hydreigon’s wings soothing her after the disappointing encounter. She sullenly signaled for the draconian to land with a soft kick to her right flank. Hydreigon understood, proceeding to gently lower herself to the ground, and didn’t flinch when Silvia buried her face in her furry, thickset shoulder. Instead, one of her smaller heads turned and licked her cheek, to which the young woman was unresponsive. “Hydreigon? I need you to just stand up, it doesn’t matter if I fall off. I’ve got a plan for that. I know you’re not really used to this new form yet, but I’m proud of your progress. Don’t worry about me, like I said, because I’ll have Seismitoad catch me, okay?”

Her Pokémon growled as a reply with her gravelly voice. While she may have been concerned for her trainer, there was no use in wasting her stamina, especially with open ocean below. “Get close to the ground in a dive. I’ll send her out at a reasonable time.”

Hydreigon folded her wings and dove as instructed, accelerating with every inch she travelled. The grass was getting nearer now, and she worried for Silvia. Of course she could land from a dive if she was solo, but with a rider? Her question was answered when she heard Silvia’s voice. “Seismitoad, go!” The Poké Ball was flung to the grass, which wasn’t far away. She scooted off Hydreigon’s back and free-fell a couple yards until the muscular toad Pokémon noticed her and panicked, holding out her arms to catch her. Silvia just nodded. A few seconds passed, and Silvia was caught, Hydreigon was safely on the ground. “We’ve got to think of a better way to do this...” she muttered to herself. “But thanks, Seismitoad!”

She had only been walking on Cinnabar Island for ten minutes when she spotted a ruckus in the distance. The form of two opposing trainers with two matching Pokémon caught her eye, and she smiled. “Seismitoad, darling, do you mind coming with me over there? Hydreigon might frighten someone, but I still need protection.”

Oz then began to make his first. "Honedge, use Fury Cutter!" Said Oz as Honedge used Fury Cutter on Saru's Gyarados. Oz's Honedge was faster than any other Pokemon and it's flaws are kept hidden and out of sight.

The blade wounded Gyarados, but the wound was almost like nothing. “Hah, a Bug Type move? My Gyarados is Water/Flying Type! Gyarados, use Surf!” Saru exclaimed. Then, Gyarados summoned a massive wave of water, going in Honedge’s direction.

Silvia watched all this from afar, Seismitoad antsy to get moving at her side. She was shocked that even a bladed Pokémon such as Honedge was unable to pierce Gyarados’s tough skin, especially one from a worldwide recognized trainer, although she had to admit his opponent appeared to have quite a level of skill. Her companion let out weak noises with the vibrations from her bumps. “Seismitoad... I know you want to battle. Trust me, I do, too. But trust me on another thing, and that’s that when I find Missingno, you’re going to be the first one in line to fight. And if you like, we can get up a little closer and watch.”

Seismitoad nodded eagerly. “Alright, then. Budew and Ponyta should join the fun, too, since they’re newer.” Promptly, Silvia released Budew and a strange-looking Ponyta who had a mane made of cotton candy-like hair and a white body. “Come on, everyone. We’re going to watch a battle!”

The water went through Honedge but it was also nothing. "Resigned to using water type moves?" Said Oz. "I'm afraid not. Honedge, Gyro Ball!" Honedge then used Gyro Ball on Gyarados. Then Oz looked at another trainer named Silvia, and waved it her, but then returned back into the battle.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Professor Oliver

Pokémon Team:
Corvinight
Level 54
Nature- Careful
Moveset
Hone Claws
Drill Peck
Sky Attack
Giga Impact

Greninja Shiny
Level 61
Nature- Brave
Moveset
Water Shuriken
Quick Attack
Shadow Sneak
Hydro Cannon

Pangoro
Level 36
Nature- Hasty
Moveset
Bullet Punch
Arm Thrust
Storm Throw
Crunch

Beedrill
Level 45
Nature- Lax
Moveset
Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Knock Off

Snorlax
Level 34
Nature- Impish
Fire Punch
Hyper Beam
Earthquake
Lick

"Well, this is where Missingno was last seen," Oliver said quietly to his Corvinight "There might be other researchers here. When he landed there at least 3 other people there and two of them were battling. "Wow that looks exciting, let's get a closer look," Oliver said in excitement as he landed and watched this epic battle

The Gyro Ball attack landed. Gyarados got injured, but it was still able to fight. “Gyarados, use your powerful Blizzard!” Saru shouted at his Pokémon.

Honedge soon saw Gyarados use Blizzard, but due that he's a steel type, the Blizzard move had no effect on Honedge. "Oh dear, were you paying attention to type advantages, my boy?" Said Oz. "Honedge, use Shadow Sneak!" Honedge then used Shadow Sneak on Gyarados.

Gyarados got even more injured. “Gya-arrggh...”, it roared in pain. “Don’t give up! I have hope on you... Use your Dragon Rage!”, Saru said. Gyarados concentrated some Dragon Type energy, and then unleashed it with a loud roar: “GYARA!!!”

Silvia leaned on Seismitoad’s side, drowsy from the long flight, when yet another person arrived at Cinnabar Island, this time via Corviknight. While intrigued by the use of a Pokémon from her home region, she didn’t exactly care enough to walk over, so instead she waved at him. Yawning, Silvia crouched down in the grass. Ponyta was dozing at her feet. She took out a brush from her duffel bag, sat down on the grass, and stroked her mane.

Meanwhile ahead of her, the battle was getting heated. One trainer’s Gyarados had resorted to using Dragon Rage against the opposing Honedge, which was certain to at least do some damage. There was no more time for messing around in this battle, apparently.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Oliver glanced at the person, who waved at him and waved back, and turned back to the battle, it looked like the trainer with the Honedge would probably win, but there was a possibility Gyarados could make a turn.

"Honedge, slice it up!" Said Oz as Honedge reflected the attack and then used Swords Dance increasing his stats. "Now let's see if you'll fight with extreme intensity, my boy." Said Oz.

The way the opposing Honedge reflected a mighty attack such as Dragon Rage without even getting a bit injured let Saru impressed, and with only one option left. “Gyarados... come back... Go, Raichu!”, the researcher said. A Pokéball was tossed to the floor, and a Raichu came out of it.

"Going for Raichu, hmm?" Said Oz. "Let alone that interesting. Honedge, switch back! Espeon, come out and attack with Psychic." Oz then switched Pokemon from Honedge to Espeon as Espeon used Psychic on Raichu.

Name: Kenneth

Pokemon Team:

Absol
Level 25
Male
Nature: Rash
Ability: Super Luck
Dark Pulse
Shadow Claw
Future Sight
Aerial Ace

Umbreon
Level 13
Male
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Syncronize
Curse
Zap Cannon
Foul Play
Last Resort

Poochyena
Level 12
Male
Nature: Docile
Ability: Quick Feet
Extreme Speed
Counter
Ice Fangs
Substitute

Houndour
Level 10
Male
Nature: Crazy
Ability: Flash Fire
Destiny Bond
Overheat
Fire Blast
Inferno

Scorbunny
Level 13
Female
Nature: Brave
Ability: Libero
Flame Charge
High Jump Kick
Double Kick
Electro Ball

At that moment, in a small nearby woods on Cinnabar Island, Kenneth fell from the sky into a clearing and lay unconscious. His black coat was torn, and he was bruised. An Absol stood watching from the shadows. It growled twice and vanished into the shadows, just as a female police officer came nearer and flashed her torch on Kenneth. Kenneth awoke and was startled to see the officer. "Huh? Where am I?" He asked, confused.
"You're on Cinnabar Island, Kanto Region. I will take you to the Pokemon Center if you are injured." The officer replied. "What are you doing here, alone in the forest? Don't you know it's dangerous? There was a mysterious pokemon around here a minute ago."
Kenneth stood up and asked, "Thanks for the help, by the way, who are you?"
The officer replied, "I'm Officer Jenny, from the Kanto Police Force, and I'm on patrol here." She paused and started walking away. "You'd better come with me. If a pokemon attacks you now, you won't survive."
Kenneth followed her to the pokemon center where he was healed, but then he realized that one of his pokemon were missing. Panicking, he asked Officer Jenny "Have you seen one of my pokemon? It's missing."
"What pokemon is it?" Jenny asked.
"I think it was an Absol. It must have ran away again..." He replied.
"Absol? I've never heard of it. It must be a new species." Jenny thought. "Where are you from traveler, and what is your name?"
"I'm Kenneth," He replied, then he got confused. "I don't know where I was from. The last thing I remember was fighting a weird and strange pokemon. Next thing I knew, I was falling from the sky."
"Strange pokemon?" Jenny was surprised. "There were some people trying to catch a strange pokemon around here, some time ago. You could probably ask them."
"Thanks!" Kenneth replied and ran off, "Thanks for helping!" He had been walking for only a few minutes, when he heard noise. Two trainers were battling and some people were watching the battle. He moved closer to take a look. 'The trainer with the Raichu has an advantage. However the guy with the Espeon is slightly more skilled. Interesting...' Kenneth thought. A trainer with a Seismitoad and another trainer with a Corviknight were also watching the battle. He waved at them and sat down on a nearby boulder.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Oliver turned to the trainer, who just joined and waved back. Then he decided to let the rest of his Pokémon out of their Pokeballs. All his Pokémon looked around excitedly as they came out of their balls. “Ok, everyone calm down” Oliver said

The psychokinetic force weakened Raichu, but the Electric Pokémon was still able to fight. “Raichu, paralyze that Espeon with Thunder Wave!”, Saru ordered, and Raichu unleashed a wave of electricity.

Silvia watched as yet another trainer approached the battle, this time with a torn, black coat and bruises along his frame. She raised her brow inquisitively. What could explain the ragged coat if he had just landed here? And even if she did know, she was still weirded out that out of all the people supposedly looking for Missingno, she only recognized one. “Hello? Are you alright? You look like you just tried to get between a Purrloin and a Nickit,” she remarked, only realizing after she said it that he probably wouldn’t recognize Galarian phrases. “I mean, you look pretty roughed up.”

Espeon soon foreseen the attack, dodged it, and counter attacked with Psychic. "Psychic types are the masters of foreseeing events." Said Oz. "Be careful the next time you make a move."

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
“She’s right” Oliver said after tending to his Pokémon, “What in the Pokémon World happened to you” he asked, “Also, he turned to Silvia “You are from Galar, right if the answer is yes I might of heard of you, before”

Last edited:
"It's nothing much." Kenneth replied, getting up. "I got attacked by a strange pokemon, but I don't know how I got here. I don't quite know where I am. I'm not from this region. I've never heard of Galar either." He looked around and smiled. "I'm Kenneth. Call me Ken for short. Don't worry about the scars, I always have some bruises and scars. And about the coat, I have a spare one." He then asked with a serious expression, "Do you two know anything about a Pokemon with a weird pixelated shape and with no face or arms?"

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
“First of all, a Pokémon with a pixelated shape, that’s Missingno, or classified as MissingNo, and Second of all you have never heard of Galar! “Wow, people really don’t travel these days. Third of all I’m Oliver, Professor Oliver to be exact” Oliver said

"Don't underestimate me, I've travel a lot of places in my life." Ken smiled at Oliver. "I just don't remember anything else apart from fighting Miss- Missing- what do you call it again?" He looked confused for a moment. Then continued, "Oh, right. MissingNo. I think I probably got amnesia from falling from the sky. I think I was trying to capture MissingNo or defeat it or something... You're a professor right? Then perhaps you know something about MissingNo. Something about that Pokemon's presence... It feels dangerous..." He looked at the battle, which was still raging. "Looks like the battle's still heated..." He mumbled then he looked at Oliver first, then at the Galarian Trainer. "What about you two? Are you also searching for MissingNo?"

Silvia nodded briskly, scanning the two’s faces. Seismitoad lifted her up with her lean-muscled arms and placed her on her shoulders, which used to surprise Silvia, but she’d adjusted to it by now. It was probably a bit strange to others, though. “Regarding Oliver’s question, I am indeed from the Galar region. I also can confirm that I flew to Kanto in search of MissingNo. Its presence here on Cinnabar intrigues me, so of course I had to do an investigation myself. If I haven’t already introduced myself, my name Silvia, and I’m studying to be a full-time Pokémon researcher.”

Satisfied with her introduction, Silvia yawned, playing with a loose strand of hair. “Oh, and Oliver, the partner Pokémon you might associate me with if you do actually recognize me would be Zweilous, who recently evolved into a Hydreigon.”

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
“As a Pokémon Professor I know, some things about MissingNo. it can be dangerous attacking things on sight, but it gives large amounts of radiation different then other types, that’s why I’m able to track it” Oliver turned to Slivia, “What a surprise I’m also from the Galar Region, Well, I was born there, but my mother was from Kalos”

Ken grinned. "How nice! A Professor and a Researcher both from Galar!" Ken paused to think for a moment and muttered quietly, "Your names sounds familiar to me but I can't quite remember where I heard it before..."

He shook his head to stop thinking and looked around the island. "Oh and by the way, which region is this? And also, tell me a little more about Galar. I feel like I might know something."

Last edited:

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
“I’ll be glad to answer your question, you are currently in the Kalos Region, and for Galar, there is nothing much to say about it, it mostly consists of different varieties of biomes, it has deserts, forests, anything you can think of” Oliver responded

The Psychic attack let Raichu seriously injured. “Come on, Raichu, don’t give up! Use your Iron Tail!”, Saru exclaimed. Raichu‘s tail became solid like metal, and then the Electric Pokémon ran into Espeon’s direction, ready to hit the Psychic Pokémon with it’s tail.

That last Psychic attack was the limit for Raichu, who got exhausted and fainted. “Ah... do you really want to see my real skills? Ok, but I warn you: that way you have no chance! Raichu, come back... Go, Scyther, and use Fury Cutter right now!”, Saru exclaimed while switching Raichu for Scyther. The Bug Type Pokémon quickly sprinted at Espeon, ready to slash it with it’s mighty claws.

Espeon was too slow and was knocked out by Scyther. "Good show." Said Oz. "However, you should know how to handle dangerous situations. Go, Salamence, and use Flamethrower!" Oz switched Espeon for Salamence and the Dragon-type Pokemon used Flamethrower against Scyther.

Scyther tried to dodge the fire, but one of it’s wings got burned. “Scyther... even with your amazing speed, you have no chance again this Pokémon that is as powerful as a Legendary”, Saru said, while withdrawing the Mantis Pokémon to it’s Pokéball. Then, he sent Raichu back to the fight. “Use Thunder”, he shouted at the creature.

"Do you even let your Pokemon heal in your Poke Balls?" Said Oz. "How naive of you. Salamence, use Flamethrower again!" Salamence then used Flamethrower again striking the Raichu down.