• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Missingno Squad: Search for the Glitch Pokémon

"Okay." Said Oz. "Good luck on your way home! And look at the time! Time for me to go too. Good luck, Ryder." Oz and his team then disappeared from the magic smoke and were suddenly gone. "Huh, you don't see such a great band of trainers that often." Said Ryder as then told Oliver, Oz, and Oliver: "If you all want to be my friend, call me!" Ryder then went with his Pokemon team as they went on home. "Pika? ("Now what, master?")" Said Circuit. "Who knows, Circuit ol' buddy." Said Ryder. "One of these days, when we unite, evil can't hide."

Ken had missed the excitement. He fell asleep on Absol's back and had fallen into the ocean below. Luckily, he was only bruised, and was caught in a local fisherman's net. He was soon back on land, dripping wet. "This is the second time I have fallen from the sky..." He grumbled. "Luckily, I still have my memories." He took off his wet coat and wore a blue T-shirt.
Some time later, after wandering, he found Oz, but unfortunately for him, the battle was already over. "Did you manage to catch it?" He asked as he trotted over to Oz, but one look at the Missingno, told him what it was. "It's a Clone... It's not the real one." He sighed. "To think we would fall for Missingno's trickery... Clones are created by Missingno to do his bidding. The real Missingno will probably be hidden somewhere, where he can control his clones..." He looked around, and said, "Well, there's nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to catch all the clones first." He smiled at Oz. "Well I gotta go heal my pokemon. See ya later. I also need new clothes, this Aloha sun is really hot." He whistled twice and Absol appeared by his side.
He and Absol walked off into the distance... ...to a near by clothing store.... (Well that was anti-climatic...)

Meanwhile, at Saru’s house/lab (his house is also his research laboratory), Saru taught his Pokémon some new moves and replaced his Snorlax for an egg. While doing that, the computer detected a signal from another Missingno clone, located in Ecruteak City, Johto. He grabbed his phone and started calling everyone from the team to meet in the Vermilion City Port.

Oz soon appeared right behind Saru. "You called in fast." Said Oz. Salamence even greeted Saru hello again. "Now what seems to be the problem, my boy?" Said Oz. "I'm all open ears."

“Hi, Oz! I tracked another clone of Missingno, located in Ecruteak City... It is said to have the power to turn Pokémon Fossils into ghosts...”, Saru said. He looked at the ocean and lost himself in thoughts, while waiting for the rest of his fellows to arrive.

"I'm sure we'll reach 'em while it plays with the fossils." Said Oz. "Besides, I've seen him play with the bones before. And he'll have hard times to escape. Know thy weakness." Salamence soon snickered in which he accidentally did that.

Just then, Ken fell face-down on the ground beside them. "Owwww... This is the third time I've fallen out of the sky..." He groaned. Absol landed a second later, and growled skeptically, "Grraa, grraao?" ("Why did you jump off in mid-air? We haven't landed yet.")
Ken stood up, patted Absol and tottered over to Oz and Saru. He looked slightly tanned from the Alolan sun, but looked just the same as ever. "Hey guys. What's up?" He grinned, "Anything about Missingno? I have some good news, but you can tell me what you found first."

“I found another clone in Johto, it supposedly has the ability to control Pokémon fossils”, Saru said. “So, what are the good news?”, the researcher asked to Ken.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Oliver finally landed with Corviknight, "Hey, guys what's going on,"" said Oliver happliy and Corviknight was happy to see Salamence, "Corvi-(How are you doing, it's been a while"). "I rushed here as soon as you called, Saru," said Oliver

“Hi, Oliver, how are you doing? Now, we only need Jackie and Silvia to arrive, and we can enter the ship to travel to Johto... Because in Johto, there is another clone of the Glitch Pokémon... Legends say it has the power to control Pokémon Fossils...”, Saru said. His Pidgeot looked at the sky, waiting for Silvia and Jackie to arrive.

"Hi Oliver. Glad to see you again" Ken nodded. "The good news is, I have located the real Missingno in the Hoenn region. But the bad news is, we can't catch it until we catch all the clones. Which mean, we might have to capture the Clone in Johto first."
Ken thought for a while. "An ability to control fossils... I wonder if it can revive pokemon fossils..." Ken shook his head and looked at the group nervously. "Um... A-anyway... Let's wait for the others." He sat down and absent-mindedly patted Absol's fur.

Oz was happy to see Ken and Oliver back. "Hello again, my dear boys." Said Oz. "Have you read any books of me lately? I don't think so. Here's my book of detective/magician's guidance." Oz then gave three books of 'A Detective/Magician's guidance to superhero work' to Saru, Ken, and Oliver.

"Oh, that's awsome! Thanks!" Ken thanked Oz. He wasn't a very good reader, but he still liked books. He put the book away in his bag, and looked at his watch. "The others should be arriving very soon." He grinned, and joked, "If they take too long, I might leave them behind."
Absol whined when Ken stopped patting his fur. "Grraaar..." ("You need to learn patience, Ken.")
"I was just joking, don't worry. I can't defeat Missingno by myself." Ken laughed, and resumed brushing Absol's fur. "By the way, did you guys know that Missingno can imitate Pokemons forms and abilities? It's quite amazing." He giggled, "Kinda like the Pokemon Ditto."

Saru picked the book Oz gave him. “Thank you, Oz”, he said. He looked at the book, and then at the sky, and started speaking to his fellows. “Guys, I have bad news... I learned that, unfortunately, Jackie can’t be on the team anymore, I don’t know why... Looks like we got to catch the Missingno’s without him... or her... Jackie is a boy or a girl? Anyway, now we should wait for... What was her name again? Ah, I remember now, it was Silvia! I have a feeling that she is arriving... Guys, our own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits, but we can’t go yet!”, Saru said.

"Well in that case, would you like to have some of the royal snacks before we hit the next mission?" Asked Oz revealing some royal snacks from his magic hat. "Some are very spicy, so be careful." He continued.

Saru picked some snacks and ate them. His face became red and he started running around. “Aaaaaaah! Too spicy!!!”, the Researcher exclaimed. He sent out Gyarados to use Surf on him. He drank some water from the wave Gyarados released, and he started feeling better. “I... hate... these... snacks...”, Saru said in a tired tone, covered in water. “I’ll never eat that things again”, he continued.

"Sorry, Kantonian spice. Very spicy to the taste." Said Oz apologizing as he gave him an sweet apple to make him feel better. "Now, what's the plan? We have to be sincere" Said Oz.

"Wait, did you say spicy?" Ken interrupted, "In that case, could I try one?" Ken took some snacks and took a bite. "AAaaaaahHH! My mouth is on fireee! It's incredible! I've found it!" He splashed some water into his face from his bottle, and said to Absol, "Hey, Absol! It's the exact same taste as your favourite snack!" Absol didn't hesitate and took the rest of Ken's snacks and ate them.
"Thanks! That was some good Kantonian spice!" Ken thanked Oz, "Although it is really spicy, it is Absol's favourite." Ken splashed some more water because his mouth was still on fire. "Now the others won't probably be coming anymore, so I guess we're gonna do this on our own. We could leave a message here if anyone still wants to come, but I think we'd better get going on hunting the Missingno." Ken sighed, "It's the only thing we can do."

"I believe so." Said Oz. "Tis only a matter of time before we handle the rest. Besides, it's only us for now." Salamence roared as he heard about what happened to the others. "Now, what shall we do?" Oz asked.

“Now, we should wait for Silvia to arrive”, Saru said. Gyarados stared at Oz’s Salamence. “Gyaraaa!” (I challenge you!), the Atrocious Pokémon roared at it’s rival. “Looks like Gyarados wants to fight against your Salamence... What about a one-versus-one battle?”, Saru suggested to Oz.

"Then a one vs one battle it shall be..." Said Oz. "Sala! ("Very well then. This will be fun!")" Said Salamence getting ready for a Pokemon battle. "Now you can use your items to support your Pokemon, but no switching." Said Oz towards Saru. "That is unless you're fighting Missingno.."

“Gyarados, use Blizzard!”, Saru exclaimed at his Pokémon. The aquatic monster roared, and a cold blizzard was blown in Salamence’s direction. “According to my knowledge, dragons can’t handle low temperatures...”, the researcher said.

"Of that, I'm painfully aware." Said Oz. "Salamance, use Air Slash!" Salamence then used Air Slash on Saru's Gyarados. "Have you ever focused on tactics of the like, boy?" Said Oz towards Saru.

Name: Benedict Holland
Pokemon Team:

Sceptile
Level: 50
Male
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Dual Chop
Leaf Blade
Focus Blast
Cross Poison

Mismagius
Level: 47
Female
Nature:
Moves:
Shadow Ball
Power Gem
Inferno
Zap Cannon

Girafarig
Level: 49
Male
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Earthquake
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball

Hitmonlee
Level: 46
Male
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Stone Edge
Mega Kick
Close Combat
Blaze Kick

Octillery
Level: 45
Male
Nature: Quiet
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Sludge Wave

Meanwhile, Benedict and his Hitmonlee were resting by a tree in Santalune Forest, when they heard a buzzing noise. "Huh, what was that noise?" He said. "Can you check it out, Hitmonlee?" He asked as Hitmonlee sauntered over to a nearby clearing. Suddenly Missingno appeared, knocking Hitmonlee back and glitching the air around it. "Hitmonlee!" Benedict screamed, running to it's side. Hitmonlee slowly staggered to it's feet. Benedict had heard about the legend of Missingno, but he never thought it was real. "Hitmonlee, strike with Mega Kick!" Benedict shouted as Hitmonlee's right foot sped at Missingno, turning metallic blue. However, Missingno dodged and attacked with an unknown move. Hitmonlee was knocked back, but held firm. "Now use Blaze Kick!" Benedict called as Hitmonlee's foot set on fire and shot towards Missingno. This time, it hit and sent Missingno into a tree. Suddenly Missingno teleported to the side, causing the blazing foot of Hitmonlee to set the tree on fire and fall over.

The Air Slash wounded Gyarados, but the aquatic monster wouldn’t give up that easily. “Gyarados, Blizzard again!”, Saru ordered. Once again, a blizzard was thrown at the Salamence. “My tactics are way more complex than you imagine...”, Saru said.

Salamence was hit with one more Blizzard, and began to faint. "As far as I see it, you are stronger than I thought." Said Oz as he returned Salamence inside the Poke Ball. "Now, let's heal our Pokemon, shall we?" Said Oz.

Benedict was panicking and reached for his phone. Hitmonlee and Missingno were dueling in the blaze caused by the flaming tree trunk that fell. "Oh, Arceus, please pick up.." He said worriedly. The line was picked up, promptly inciting relief for him. "Ok, I need backup, because I am in a burning forest fighthing Missingno. And none of that is an exxargeration." He said as Hitmonlee got slammed to the ground.

Name James

Occupation Gym trainer in the galar Region

Team

Cinderace lev 34

Moves

Pyro ball

Court change

Incinerate

Bounce

Lucario lev 56
Moves

Aura sphere