• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Mixed Sweeping Pikachu

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
This is what I have so far:

Pikachu @ Light Ball
100 ATK/158 SP.ATK/252 SPEED
Hasty
Static

- Thunderbolt
- Focus Punch/Brick Break
- Encore/Thunder Wave
- Substitute/Sweet Kiss

I'm struggling to decide which moves to go for. The EV's are also kinda random, so a better spread would also be appreciated.

Pikachu@LIght Ball
Hasty/Naive
152 Atk/104 S. Atk/252 Spd
-Thunderbolt/Volt Tackle
-Brick Break/Focus Punch
-Grass Knot/HP Ice
-Substitute

Thunderbolt is for STAB.
VOlt Tackle would work too, but the recoil is quite nasty.
Brick Break to hit Snorlax and Blissey.
Focus Punch can work if you can get the Sub up.
Grass Knot hits Tyranitar and the heavy walls hard.
HP Ice gives great coverage.
Substitute gives Pikachu at least one attack before getting killed, and acts as a fail safe, sorta.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
first of all: Sorry for vanishing right after you got my attention with this in chat a few days ago ^^;
I've been really easily distracted lately.

Pikachu@Light ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Punch
- Thunderwave
- Subsitute

From what you've given, I like that the most. You said this was intended as an anti-Skarm/Bliss in chat, right? Subs Punching a status inducing blissey will be easy as cake, and thunderwave with substitute can make for hax at times. I do believe whirlwind still works on subs, though.

I wouldn't suggest volt tackle for loss of STAB Light ball boost. The EVs look fine to me, any balance between attack and special attack depending on what you want.... do know that focus punch lacks the power to pretty much ever OHKO a defense trained Blissey.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
No worries Ruko, I'm probably one of the most easily distracted people in the world myself.

do know that focus punch lacks the power to pretty much ever OHKO a defense trained Blissey.

I was a bit unsure if it'd OHKO Bliss, even though the Light Ball doubles Pika's Attack stat as well (I think.) I was hoping that, if anything, Focus Punch would drop Bliss's HP to under 50%, which would basically mean if it tries to heal itself with Softboiled, it risks taking another Focus Punch. Good for mindgames. I like both movesets a lot - since my Grass Knot TM has already been used (on Infernape), I'll go for either HP Ice or Thunder Wave on the third slot, depending on how the IV's are looking (which knowing my luck with IV's, will probably give me HP Electric just to mess me around >:(.)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
As far as my knowledge goes, Light ball is only for special attack. I know that's all it did in GSC, but we all know how my knowledge from those times has come to haunt me >_>