• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mobile Games!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I entirely blame my real life friends for roping me into certain games. Grah. Anyways, which ones do you play? :D

I'm currently playing Love Live! School Idol Festival, Idolish7, Tsumtsum, and Neko Atsume. The first two are idol rhythm games and they're pretty cool I guess; I wouldn't really recommend Idolish7 unless you just love the boys and the songs that much, as the interface is kinda not-too-pretty and the timing for the songs can get a bit tricky to master. Tsumtsum is a cute little Disney/Line game, and if you've been to a Disney store and seen those little Tsumtsum plushies, you'll know what I mean. Neko Atsume isn't really too immersive but it's great for people who enjoy the collecting aspect of games (collect all the toys, collect all pictures of the cats, collect all mementos, etc.)

I've also played some more mainstream games like Temple Run and Candy Crush, though I've long since deleted them from my phone. Took up too much memory that I couldn't really spare :x

So I have a Windows phone, so pretty much any popular mobile game is a non-starter for me, haha. This also means that Pokemon GO will probably be more of a Pokemon No-GO.

For what it's worth, though, the mobile game I use most often to kill time is the Microsoft Solitaire collection. I only knew how to play Klondike, so I've been teaching myself how to play other variations of Solitaire. Spider is a lot of fun and Pyramid and TriPeaks are nice to relax with, but I'm not a fan of FreeCell.

...I don't think I ever realized quite how boring I am. XD

Last edited:
After getting my own MacBook Pro for Christmas, I haven't really used my iPad. Although, I go to L.A sometimes. On the way, I play a lot of mobile games. I mostly play tapping games. I stay away from those popular clicking games (Like Cookie Clicker) and play those less known ones. Well, that's the games I play to waste time on my trip to L.A.

Ha another who fell into the adorable Neko Atsume trap :love:

Currently I am playing, Neko Atsume, Out there Omega edition, Tap Titans and freshly downloaded Miitomo as well which is a bit underwhelming so far.

Neko Atsume!!! I'm taking a break from it since I was starting to check it kind of obsessively to try to get pictures of the cats in rare poses, like Tubbs on the giant cushion or Kathmandu "making notes about the booty" of another cat in the red bowl, but I did fire it up last week to get the newest cats and the chocolate background. Sapphire and Jeeves turn up very rarely and for the most expensive food, so I saw a net loss in gold fish. When more rare cats are added that respond to the deluxe tuna food I might try to get their mementos, but right now it's too expensive.

I also got Miitomo but after the initial craze dies down I probably won't play it too often, it's pretty silly.

Friggin' Miitomo, man. Anyone who's been on chat the same time as me over the past few days has probably heard me say this already, but I feel so left out by this one. I didn't think I was gonna be hurting for this game, but then I saw posts about it all over social media, and then they integrated it into My Nintendo, and it's just like, give the Windows phone users some love, Nintendo.

I think I'm hurting more for this than for Pokemon GO. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been spending far, far too much time "playing" Miitomo lately. I keep having moments of "why I am spending so much time on this thing?" but then I continue doing so anyways. I guess I'm just mildly (read: very) addicted at the moment. It'll pass at some point, I'm sure... XD;

I don't really play any other mobile games at the moment. :'| There was a tower defense game called Elf Defense that I became obsessed with for ages but that was a couple of years ago.

Heh. I'm probably alone here.

I've been playing DOWNWELL which is a adorable, yet brutal, shoot em up falling adventure game. I haven't progressed so far, since it's very very very hard.

Alright so right now the game im addicted to is Subway Surfers, once in a while i will install and uninstall minecraft, and i play other games once in a while like Plague Inc. Make More, and some more i cant remember right now. BTW I have a Motorola Phone right now.

I hopped on the Neko Atsume bandwagon some time ago. It turned out to be a lot more addicting (as well as calming) than I was expecting, and I managed to invest a ton of time into filling up my cat book. My phone bricked itself last month, though, so I'm going to have to re-download the app on my new one and start all over again. ;; I haven't gotten around to it just yet.

In the meantime, I've been interested in trying out Sit N' Survive. I saw a few gameplay clips the other day and thought I might try playing it for myself, because there's something strangely calming about it to me. I'm not much of a mobile game person, otherwise, though I did unironically play the Bird Jesus (Twitch Plays Pokemon Red x Flappy Bird) app some time back.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hi so it's been more than a year since I made this thread, so I'mma update with what games I'm playing now!

• BanG Dream! Girls Band Party - aka "Bandori" or "Garupa". Like Love Live, this is a rhythm game centered around cute girls. They're not idols this time, though, they're members of different bands! It's pretty resource-heavy on my phone, though, and I can't play more than three games without my phone starting to lag or overheat. Still, the songs are really catchy, and the best part is that they have both original and cover songs! So I get to play the Sailor Moon Crystal opening, or the Anohana ending, or the upcoming Attack on Titan first opening, while watching cute chibis jump on my screen to the timing of my taps. It's so great. (Unrelatedly: I help run a tumblr blog for Bandori called Bangdreaming, and I've really enjoyed helping the small little Bandori community out however I can.)
  • Project Tokyo Dolls - sometimes known as "PTD", this is a game that was just released a few days ago, and oh boy am I loving it. I wasn't sure I was going to like a mobile game that was combat-oriented, but it's everything I didn't know I wanted. The girls are super cute, the art style is quite pretty, and the mechanics are pretty neat! The game has a very dark magical girl-esque feel to it, though the girls also happen to be idols who sing and dance on stage. I just... I didn't think I'd like this game so much, but I do. I'd recommend it to anyone who's into turn-based combat games with cute girls and a dark storyline.
  • Honorable Mention #1: Bubble Witch 3. I've always been a huge sucker for these bubble popping games. Something about the popping sounds, bright colors, and puzzles just really appeal to me. Unfortunately, the game didn't stick with me too long since clearing levels felt unrewarding after a while, and I needed more space in my phone to download more gacha games, so I uninstalled it.
  • Honorable Mention #2: Magikarp Jump. It was a cute time killer when it first came out, but it apparently uses even more resources than Bandori, which is like... saying something. So after I got my first shiny and was halfway through the Luxury League, I uninstalled it.
Both Bandori and PTD are only available in Japanese, though there are guides floating around to help people get started on the game.

Last edited:
Really the only one I played is Candy Crush. Although I haven't gotten to it in a while, it's still the one I like the most. I guess I'm not the mobile gaming type. Probably because I don't use my phone much XD.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've basically been avidly playing Magikarp Jump since the day I downloaded it. Even I'm not entirely certain why I've kept playing it this long (so much time spent on it when I could've been doing other things) but I'm completely taken by its adorable presentation. It's a silly fun game, surprisingly relaxing, and a nice way to kill time.

The fruits of my labours:

IMG_8037.PNG

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, apparently I was the last person to post in this thread... Bumping. 8'D

I'm currently in gacha hell. When Nintendo finally launched Dragalia Lost in Canada, I figured that I'd check it out. Between Nintendo's name attached to it and the dragon element, why not?

At first, it wasn't so bad. I'd play it a bit every day or two (three), and it was fun, but that was about it. Nothing special. But then I started getting further into the game; unlocking more things; new events began... And I discovered the joy of powering up not just my human characters, but weapons, wyrmprints, and dragons, too.

And it was all downhill from there.

I've not put actual money into the game yet, but time? Definitely oodles of hours of my life have gone into that game now. Booting the game up is often one of the first things that I do each morning. If a TV show doesn't 100% need my attention, I'll usually be prodding at Dragalia Lost as well until my stamina runs out... and even then, I'll usually wait a few hours for it to refill and play more. It's definitely my obsession of the moment.

If I had more of a disposable income at the moment, I dare say that I'd likely have thrown money at it already. Being broke is my only real barrier. X'D

I used to play Idolish7, but not anymore. These days, I play Project Sekai, D4DJ, Genshin, Honkai Star Rail, Revue Starlight and Touhou Lost Word. Also Legend of Neverland and Reverse 1999.

I've heard good things about Hokkaido Star Rail and Genshin. I used to play Pokemon Go, but rn I just play Fire Emblem Heroes. A gancha, but I'm pretty good at staying ftp