• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Monochromatic Doubles Tournament - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
7ciiXIw.png

Due to being a relatively popular choice for our next tournament, we'll be doing a tournament with teams based not off of Pokemon type this time around, but by their colour.

Every Pokemon in the 'Dex has a colour, which is usually fairly obvious. For example, Pikachu and Raichu both have a Pokedex colour of Yellow. There are ten Pokedex colours in total, and the list can be found here:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color (List of Pokémon by color - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

This is important since when you sign up, I'll be giving you one of these colours, and your team can only consist of Pokemon that have the same Pokedex colour as the one I give you. Once you've got your colour, reply to me with your full team of Pokemon and your sign-up is locked in - and at that point dropping out will result in a warning and a bar from future tournaments, so keep that in mind.

Just to mix things up a bit with this, we'll be using a variant of the VGC doubles format for this tournament. As such, the rules are as follows:

- No two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle.
- Players must have 4-6 Pokemon in their party to battle. Keep in mind that even with 5-6 Pokemon in your team, you will only pick 4 out of them to use per battle.
- A player’s team may not contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number.
- If a player’s final Pokémon used Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, or Final Gambit, and both players’ final Pokémon faint as a result, the player who used the move loses that match.

Also, the following Pokemon cannot be used:

- Mewtwo
- Mew
- Ho-Oh
- Lugia
- Celebi
- Kyogre
- Groudon
- Rayquaza
- Jirachi
- Deoxys
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina
- Phione
- Manaphy
- Darkrai
- Shaymin
- Arceus
- Victini
- Reshiram
- Zekrom
- Kyurem
- Keldeo
- Meloetta
- Genesect
- Xerneas
- Yveltal
- Zygarde
- Diancie
- Hoopa
- Volcanion
- Solgaleo
- Lunala
- Magearna
- Marshadow

Also, the following items and abilities are banned from use due to them causing a Pokemon's colour to change:

- Charizardite X
- Latiosite
- Latiasite
- Audinite

- Flower Gift
- Forecast
- Shields Down

All battles will take place on Pokemon Showdown as always, and signups deadline is August 19th. This topic is for signups and queries only, any other kind of post will be considered SPAM and get you a warning.

I think that's everything, so let the signups begin.

SIGNUPS:

- Lord of Pain
- Koopa6000
- Shocari
- Shiny Lyni
- Mr. RMA
- TeamPlasmaAdminLazuli
- Mr. Fishykarp
- Psycho Monkey
- Lil Eliza123
- Pretty Pichu

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just so you're all aware, I won't be giving out the colours to people for about another week or so. That way, it'll give players an even amount of time (or as close to as possible) to make their teams once they know what colour they'll be getting.

Obviously anyone signing up after that will get their colours straightaway to avoid handicapping their preparation time too much.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Shiny Pokemon still have the same Pokedex colour as their normal counterparts, so it doesn't make a difference.

As for the format, I know there's a VGC one on there although I don't know how it'd work with everything else allowed. I've not tested it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Unless you're a timelord currently at August 20th 2017 I think you're fine.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Your colour allocations will be tomorrow.

Once you've replied to your allocation message with your team members, your registration is locked in.

Do NOT post your team in this topic, unless you really want everyone else to know what you're using.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
A message has now gone out to you all telling you which Pokedex colour you've been given.

Once you've responded to that message with your team members, your registration will be locked in and you're good to go for when the matches start.

Please note that once your registration is locked in, dropping out without good reason after that is against the rules.

Does Minior count? It has the Ability Shields Down, and its color varies depending on which one you get and when the meteor around it breaks. Does that count as changing color? Forecast and Flower Gift fall under that, so I was making sure Shields Down was a thing, too.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Minior would actually be completely invalidated by that rule due to its cores all having different colours to the meteor forme. Sucks, but Minior's basically banned outright by the colour change rule.

Okay, just wondering XD I added an edit to my other post, but I might as well make it here.

What do we add to our Pokemon? Types? Abilities? Gender? In-Game Equivalent Levels? Would they be able to use more than one move? Would the battles follow the anime or game style of things?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Add everything.

As for levels, I'd say have everything at Lv. 100 since that is what it usually defaults at.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Similar to the issue with Minior, Im assuming Florges is banned as well and what about gender differences like Meowstic?

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The VGC rules setting on Showdown should do this for you automatically.

Also, as of now, any player who has officially locked their team in will have their name bolded out in the signups list.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
They are.

Doesn't mean they're banned.

If it's not outright mentioned on the first post, it's not banned, simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.