• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Monotype Cup 2014 - Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Monotype_zpsdbbd4eac.jpg

I've been told by several people that the name of this tournament was a bit misleading in terms of whether I'd be using Showdown or Wi-Fi for it. Regardless, I did use this name for a specific reason, which I will reveal right now:

MonotypeFinal_zps01c91cb0.png

If you've been watching or at least paying attention to the World Cup lately then this should suddenly make perfect sense. Every win nets you 3 points, every loss nets you 0 points. You will battle every player once in your group, and the top two players from each group proceed to knockouts. The "Pokemon" section of each table will be for how many Pokemon you finish with after each match - if you get a perfect 6-0 on an opponent, your "Pokemon" score will increase by 6, so if any two players have the same number of points, the person with the higher Pokemon score will be higher on the table. It's basically the same as goal difference. Because of this, you need to make sure you post the full result of your battles; I need to know who won and how many Pokemon the winner had left in order to properly update the tables.

Here are the knockout rounds:

QUARTER FINAL

Kyubeon 1 - 2 Dwayna Dragonfire
Teapot 0 - 2 Luckii
MarethyuX12 0 - 2 Ekans
Alexxander
2 - 0 Tangrow

SEMI FINAL

Luckii 0 - 2 Ekans
Dwayna Dragonfire 0 - 2 Alexxander

FINAL

Ekans 0 - 2 Alexxander

CHAMPION: ALEXXANDER
All matches will take place on Pokemon Showdown as you should already know at this stage. The link to Showdown and the rules for this tournament if you wish to go over them again can be found in the signups topic linked below:

http://pokecharms.com/threads/monotype-cup-2014-signups.10267/

Note that, as stated in the previous topic, it is too late to drop out now. Anyone dropping out without a very good reason (and I'll decide if your reason is good or not) will be banned from all future tournaments, as I don't want players wasting mine and other competitors' time by dropping out when brackets and matchups are already decided.

For the first matches, players have until July 12th to get them done. After that, the next matchups will be put on and so forth. Even though you already know you'll be battling everyone, do NOT battle anyone else in your group until that specific matchup goes live. I can't update them that quickly and it'll just cause a mess.

As per the norm, do not reveal any details about an opponent's team to anyone on this forum. Doing so will get you disqualified, and this includes posting replays publicly in chat and on the forums. If you wish for a replay to be saved, send it to me via private message and I'll put it up at the end of the tournament, as I did for the Singles Showdown. Also, as stated, you cannot change your Pokemon or movesets at this stage - if you are caught doing so, once again you will be disqualified.

So, have at it, best of luck to everyone.

P.S. This topic is for battle results only. Please try to keep queries to a minimum here (PM'ing me is the best idea if you have a query or problem) and anything that isn't either a battle result or a query will get you a SPAM warning.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I need to know who won and how many Pokemon the winner had left in order to properly update the tables.

Brendan sent me the replay so I know the full result already, but don't forget this next time Marethyu.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just so you all know, the spreadsheet won't be updated in this topic until all the matches in the round are finished, otherwise I'll be copypasting near-constantly. The spreadsheet file will be updated right after every match however.

Thank you guys for getting your match done so quickly.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As per the norm, do not reveal any details about an opponent's team to anyone on this forum. Doing so will get you disqualified, and this includes posting replays publicly in chat and on the forums.

Last chance. Break this rule again and you're disqualified.

A simple 1-0 would have sufficed.

That goes for everyone else as well now that I've had to specifically point this rule out.

Last edited:
I beat Mr.RMA 2-0, had terrible hax. Well played on his part.

Can you modify your teams movesets once you've entered the tournament? Or do you have to keep them the same?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well done to you both, and no, you cannot change movesets or team members at this stage.

@Mr.RMA needs to post the result here too to confirm it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Round 2 matches are now live.

You have until July 15th to get them done.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It's to be confirmed by both so that there's no mistakes with the score. It just makes things easier.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Due to problems with lining up a time to battle at the moment, @Shocari and @MarethyuX12 have had their opponents changed. Shocari will now do battle with @Brendan instead this round, and MarethyuX12 will battle @Tangrow now.

Any issues with this, PM me ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.