• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS My Dragon Team

I'm probley not going to make this team, but heres my dragon team i've thought up. Note: I am not using legendarys in this team, and if i make improvements, I will edit this post, to save me having to write my dragon team out again.

Altaria @leftovers
Careful (+sp. def -sp. atk)
Nateral Cure
-Dragon Claw
-Arial Ace
-Roost
-Toxic

Mainly for a defenceive pokemon, which I may switch out later. Dragon Claw and Arial Ace for STABs. Roost for recovery. Toxic to really annoy the opponant whilst I'm healing myself with roost and Leftovers.

Garchomp @Smooth Rock
Sand Veil
Jolly (+spd -sp. atk)
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Sandstorm

First turn; use sandstorm to activate Sand Veil. Then just attack away. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are for STAB. Crunch for coverage.

Kingdra @Damp Rock
Swift Swim
Modest (+sp. atk -atk)
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Rain Dance to activate Swift Swim, and power up Surf. Surf and Dragon Pulse for STABs. Ice Beam for great coverage and power.

Dragonite @Life Orb
Inner Focus
Adamant (+atk -sp.atk)
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Dragon Dance to make sweeping a whole lot eisier. Dragon Claw for STAB. Earthquake for great power and coverage. Fire Punch for coverage.

Salamance @Wise Glasses
Modest (+sp. atk -atk)/ Timid (+spd -atk)
Intimidate
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power Electric

Dragon Pulse for STAB. Flamethrower and Hidden Power Electric for great coverage. Hydro Pump for power and coverage.

Flygon @Leftovers
Docile (Neutral)
Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

Dragon Pulse and Earth Power for special STABs. U-turn to switch out while dealing some damage. Stone Edge for high power and great coverage.

Theres my Dragon Team. Please rate it and give me advice if you wish.  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altaria looks fine.

No need for Sandstorm on Garchomp, it screws the rest of your team up. Use Fire Fang or Swords Dance insted and change the item Leftovers or Life Orb.

Kingdra looks fine.

Dragonte doen't really need Aerial Ace if it can cover things with Dragon Claw and Earthquake and Fire Punch.

Salamence can easily use a Special Moveset.

Salamance@Choice Specs/Wise Glasses/Life Orb
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor/HP Electric
-Dragn Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump

This set offers great coverage. If you can't get HP Electric, use Draco Meteor with the Choice Specs.

Personally, Flygon can Use Dragon Claw with Earthquake quite nicely. THen we don't have to sacrifice the Physical attack and we can also increase it at the same time.

Hope that helped.

I've put the changes, from what you said platpi, on my first post.
I know that sandstorm could damage the rest of my team, but it activates his ability. If he gets killed whilst sandstorm is still in effect, then i'll send out Flygon.
I gave Dragonite Arial Ace because its boosted by STAB, so its base power is 90 unlike Fire Punchs' wich is 75.
I'm keeping Salamance as a physical sweeper because its base attack is 135 wether its base sp. atk is 110.
Also I'm using Flygon as a mixed sweeper because I need another special sweeper, but since its base attack is higher (100) than its special attack (80), I thought I should use its physical abilities as well. Thanks for your help anyways though.

Only problem is without Fire Punch, you'll be walled by Skarmory with your Dragonite.

And Sandstorm only helps Rock-types with their Special Defense.

Only thing is that most of your Dragons are Physical sweepers already. The only one that has a high enough S.Attack is Salamence. Even though its Special Attack is 25 points lower, the Choice Specs easily make that up. 4 physical attacks, one special and one mixed. The only one that has Special Sweeping potential is Salamence.

Flygons specialize in Physical attacks, and really benfits from Roost and has a huge movepool, so it can fit almost anywhere on your team.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I know that sandstorm could damage the rest of my team, but it activates [Garchomp's] ability...

[quote author:plapti link=topic=3785.msg48392#msg48392 date=1203277102]
...Sandstorm only helps Rock-types with their Special Defense.
[/quote]

I think he was talking about Garchomp's Sand Veil getting activated...
Combined with my Tyranitar's endless sandstorm, and Garchomp's Brightpowder, My Garchomp gets quite a nice evasion boost.

I'd agree with teaching Fire Punch to Dragonite... I hate Skarmory so much...

Once again, Thanks and I've put the changes on my first post.
I see why you advise to put fire punch over Arial Ace on Dragonite.
I'm making Salamance a special sweeper, but i'm not giving the choice specs. I absolutley HATE them, and the choice scarf and choice band. I also dislike life orb, but It isn't as bad as the choice items. I know lots of people say to always use them, but I never put them on my pokemon.
Anywhoo... Should I give Altaria Refreash or Toxic. I'm unsure since i'm not that good with walls and annoyers.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Stone Edge will be super-effective against ice types... but then there is the inaccuracy of it, and the fact most water types learn ice moves.

Crunch has good accuracy, but really doesn't offer any necessary type advantages... Stone edge will be about as effective against Ghost and Psychic types with the high-critical...

I'd lean towards Stone Edge even though I hate inaccuracies...

Thanks Ruko. I've give him stone Edge because of your reasons, and since I've made my Salamance a special sweeper(like Platpi said), he dosn't have stone edge anymore and my Garchomp has Crunch, so thanks. Now I need to know whether I should give Altaria Refreash or Toxic, or a differant move altogether.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Since it knows roost... I'd say teach it Toxic and give it a Lum Berry instead of Leftovers.
The Lum Berry is only one time use, but I rarely use Refresh when I'm fighting...
When I have a status problem, I usually have to prioritize killing my opponent over getting rid of the status.

Altaria should have Natural Cure as an ability right? Therfore, with process of elimination and some logic, Toxic will work out fine.