• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles My team needs help.

Alright, I've played several online battles and... it's not going too well. Advice is welcomed. My team is:
Tentacruel Lv 64
Modest
Liquid Ooze
Black Sludge
Surf, Sludge Wave, Ice Beam, Dazzling Gleam

Linoone Lv 68 (Needs help/replacement most)
Hasty
Pickup
None
Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, Shadow Claw

Froslass Lv 69
Naughty
Snow Cloak
Expert Belt
Shadow Ball, Frost Breath, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray

Magnezone Lv 69
Gentle
Sturdy
Magnet
Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise

Swellow Lv 69
Gentle
Guts
Sky Plate
Fly, Steel Wing, Roost, Return

Sceptile Lv 72
Rash
Overgrow/Lightningrod(Mega)
Sceptilite/White Herb
Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Leaf Storm, Earthquake
291078_trainercard-Cody.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
First of all: why do you have so many TM moves on your team? I know they're necessary for getting through the game, but if you're done with the E4 and post-game shenanigans, you'd be wise to get rid of them ASAP. Really, only Surf and Waterfall are even considered in the metagame most of the time, and Fly is more situational than anything.

You'd also do well to actually breed your Pokemon for IVs and natures as well, and possibly even egg moves; Froslass has no use for a Naughty nature as its Attack stat is deplorable at best, and I can't think of a single situation where having a Gentle nature on your 'mons will be helpful.

Sky Plate and Magnet can easily be replaced with better items; for Guts Swellow, either Toxic Orb or Flame Orb work so you can take advantage having a status affect, and replace Return with Facade as being status'd increases Facade's base power from 70 to 140. Magnezone could do with either Air Balloon or even Choice Specs, which frees up Magnet Rise for another move.

Really, just... look at the sticky'd topics in the forum, and try again. Your team honestly needs a lot of work and until you figure out what it is you need to change, there's only so much I can do.