• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Need help with a Salamence and Charizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charizard-Modest Shiny!!!
Lv.100
Ability-Blaze

Shadow Claw
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Will-o-Wisp

Charizard is simple enough burn the target then rip them to shreds with shadow claw and Aerial Ace. Is this okay?

Salamence-Naughty
Lv.70
Ability-Intimadate

Dragonbreath
Aerial Ace
Fire Fang
Draco Meteor

Not sure on Salamence but I personally own a Charizard myself. I like the moveset itself for Charizard but I replace Will-O-Wisp with Fire Punch and Aerial Ace with Fly.

Heres my help MewGirl, but firstly, Fowl Inc, you're not supposed to advitise your own threads in someone elses:

Charizard @focus sash/ Expert Belt - Physical Sweeper
Adamant (+atk -sp. atk)/ Jolly (+spd -sp. atk)
Blaze
-Flare Blitz/ Fire Fang
-Arial Ace
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance/ Dragon Dance

Flare Blitz and Fire Fang are for STABs. Flare Blitz is the most powerful, but has unfaverable recoil. Fire Fang is significantly weaker, but prevents recoil. Arial Ace for STAB. Earthquake for good coverage and power. Swords Dance and Dragon Dance are good stat raisers. Other options for him are: Brick Break, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw.

Charizard @Wise Glasses/ Focus Sash/ Expert Belt/ Heat Rock (only if going with sunny day @solarbeam) - Special Sweeper
Modest (+sp. atk -atk)/ Timid (+spd -atk)
Blaze
-Flamethrower/ Heat Blast
-Air Slash
-Solarbeam/ Focus Blast
-Sunny Day/ Hidden Power Electric/ Ice/ Grass

Flamethrower/ Heat Blast and Air Slash for STABs. Solarbeam is for grounds and waters, and can hit every turn with the aid of sunny day, which also powers up Flamethrower/ Heat Blast. Focus Blast and Hidden power Electric/ ice/ grass are alternatives to sunny day @ solarbeam.

Salamance @ Expert Belt/ Focus Sash - Physical Sweeper
Adamant (+atk -sp. atk/ Jolly (+spd -sp. atk)
Intimidate
-Dragon Claw/ Dragon Rush
-Arial Ace
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Simple Sweeper. Dragon Dance to boost that already mint attack and speed even higher. Dragon Claw/ Dragon Rush and arial ace for STABs. Earthquake for good coverage and high power. Other options are: Brick Break, Rock Slide, Stone Edge.

Damn, forgot forgot to add that I love special and mixed sweepers.
Yea, Flare Blitz is a really good move but I try to avoid it because I just recieved Charizard...hmm three days ago? I didn't know what level it was or what nature nor it's moveset. I obtained my Charizard by blind trading. Blind trade-you don't know what pokemon you're getting. You can get lousy trades excellent trades and fair trades. I picked a Quagsire for my trading pokemon and poof next thing I know I have a Lv.100 Charizard!
Earthquake...hmm I used that TM but my cousin's got an unlimited number so maybe he could give me a few...Aerial Ace over Fly? I'm not the greatest trainer but I know enough to not have HM moves on my Best pokemon (exception surf...maaybe waterfall) Fire Punch sounds like a good option. Could a Charizard learn Stone Edge? Be good against electric types. Would Dragonbreath be an option?
Salamence...Dream moveset I'm working on. I love Dragonbreath, powerful and a good chance of paralyzing. Draco Meteor just cuz I love it and it's best of type move. Thanks for the advice! I'm working on movesets now.

Dragon Dance on both Blaze (charizard) and Tracker (salamence)?

Sorry since you love dragon breath but its CRAPPY. Its got a pathetic base power (60) but its paralyse chance is quite good (30%). Firstly, dragon breath is only super effective against dragon type pokemon. Secondly, it has low base power (I know I've just repeated myself) and even if its boosted by stab, you can use dragon pulse instead of it which has 90 base power instead of base 60 power. Thirdly, its a special move and salemance has generally a better atk (base 135) than sp. atk (base 110).

Theres the resons why you shouldn't use dragon breath.

Okay understand the problem with Dragonbreath. Dragon Pulse is good, it's working quite well.
In response to perfect-chao, please tell me why you think that moveset would be good.
I am familiar with those moves but I would like you reasoning behind it.

Salamence-
-Dragon Pulse
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake

Charizard-
-Heat Blast
-Focus Blast
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day

Thanks for all the help!

Tsk Tsk

No.1 HM moves are terrible (exception surf). Good Lord, fly gives your opponent a chance to switch to a pokemon who is pry immune to flying types...really good idea hmm.

No.2 Dragonbreath is a bad idea...try Dragon Pulse.

By the way start your own thread to discuss your Salamence. If you want to give me suggestions and why you think these moves are a good idea to put on a Salamence...shoot. But don't come on here for dicussion about your pokemon.

P.S. Use varied attacks.

Salamence-
-Dragon Pulse
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake

Can I just point out you have written eqrthquake twice... I presume it was an acsedant (sorry for the bad spelling), just to let you know. Also you should give salemance dragon claw over dragon pulse, becuase dragon dance raises your attack, so dragon claw will do more damage.

Yea that was an accident. 1,2... ... ...Poof! Salamence has forgotten ____ Salamence learned Dragon Claw! Thanks Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.