• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New sprites

Hi. I have just started spriting and have been hoping to eventually start Commissions/Requests for sprites. I will only take requests under a few conditions:
•You comment on my work
•You PM me a detailed descrition of the charater you want designed
•Your character doesn't require completely making items/accessories (Might change later)
•You will not rush me or put a time limit on when it needs to be done (I have limited computer time)

Here are my current designs:

I hope you like my sprites!

Attachments

• Amyel sprite casual.PNG
    Amyel sprite casual.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Amyel sprite formal.PNG
    Amyel sprite formal.PNG
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,005
I got a request from someone on fanpop. This is the result of the request:

A couple updates. One, sprites will be done quicker, due to computer schedule, and Two, I will be taking requests for sprites with custom added pokeballs, pokemon, and accessories. I will also be doing cosplay trainers. Sprite requests are limited to one per person, per week. Also limited to seven requests a week, due to spriting time. Trainer info can be posted her rather than by PM. Also, Some sprites will be sent to Silver August of the Silver Leagues for review. If you do not want your requested sprite sent for review, please say so when requesting.

Attachments

• Shadow sprite request.PNG
    Shadow sprite request.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,003
Just have a few words. I'd like to say your sprites are really good,it's interesting how there are two designs for one character. Is there a reason, or did you just kinda feel like it? And one more thing, try making your sprites .png files instead of .jpg files, it makes them much more appealing to look at. .jpegs usually take the colors and make each one thousands of different shades.

I'm glad you like my work. The originals were png, but unfortunately my kindle wouldn't allow me to post the pictures in png, so I made them jpg until I could edit it and change it to png. I have made two (technically three) more sprites since my last post.

Attachments

• I love mew sprite both.PNG
    I love mew sprite both.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • Gardevoir and Gallade sprite.PNG
    Gardevoir and Gallade sprite.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,017
Here are some more of my sprites, and some edited ones:
Me and my close friends
amyel_s_casual_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmf3p.png
Amyel Casual
amyel_s_formal_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmg45.png
Amyel Formal
sapphira_s_casual_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmglb.png
Sapphira Casual
sapphira_formal_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmguq.png
Sapphira Formal

Pokemon based
i_love_mew__mew_fanatic__sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6h4vkr.png
Mew Fanatic Regular
_i_love_mew__sprite__mew_fanatic__shiny_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmiis.png
Mew Fanatic Shiny

cinncino_lover_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmi15.png
Cinccino Lover
gardevoir_and_gallade_cosplay_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6hqdo8.png
Gardevior and Gallade Cosplay

Team Astro (Fan made team)
team_astro_leader_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmhq2.png
Team Astro Leader
team_astro_male_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmhd3.png
Team Astro male

team_astro_female_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmhlg.png
Team Astro female

Requests

shadow_trainer_sprite__request__by_amyel_kitten71-d6gjgep.png
Shadow (8lackIllusion on Fanpop)
josie_sprite_request_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmh2c.png
Josie (Mind7Trick on Fanpop)

jonah_sprite_request_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lmirr.png
Jonah (No Fanpop account, Requested by Mind7Trick)

Random
a_girl_in_a_long_blue_dress__random_sprite__by_amyel_kitten71-d6lpsa3.png
No Name (Random girl in a light blue dress)

kepton_sprite_by_amyel_kitten71-d6lqjgz.png
Kepton (A random guy I thought of)

This is all I've got for now. More will be added later. Also an update. I will be taking more requests, as I enjoy making sprites for people. So if you like my sprites, and would like to see more, post a reply, or send me a PM, and I'll get straight to work. Though you must provide as much details in your request as you can, right down to colors, designs, and accessories.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The sprites are pretty good, though the shading's a bit off in dresses and some other areas. Remember that your sprites represent three-dimensional figures, so even if it's cartoon-like, the shading should still be somewhat realistic. Perhaps the shading can be a little rounder instead of angular, if that makes sense? And it's okay to use more than two colors when you shade; heck, sometimes I use as many as five or six.

Also, clothes usually aren't exactly flat; they have some wrinkles and stuff around edges and stuff. I can tell the girl in the blue dress's dress has folds, though perhaps you can try putting some shading next to the folds instead of just along the side of the sprite.

I'm probably not making ANY sense at all, kinda tired and stuff. But overall, your sprites are pretty good and well made, just work a bit on shading and they'll be fantastic!