• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS New Team(s)

Err, well I've been working on these teams for quite some time and I need your opinions!

Team 1:

Dragonite@ Dragon Fang
Adament
-Dragon Rush
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw

Umbreon@ Razor Fang
Careful
-Wish
-Faint Attack
-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse

Wobbuffet@ Leftovers
Lax
-Counter
-Mirrot Coat
-Safeguard
-Destiny Bond

Roserade@ Big Root or Black Sludge
Naive
-Extrasensory
-Giga Drain or Grasswhistle
-Rain Dance
-Weather Ball

Politoad@ Wide Lens
Sassy
-Bounce
-Surf
-Ice Ball
-Hydro Pump

Steelix@ Iron Plate
Lax
-DragonBreath
-Double Edge
-Iron Tail
-Stone Edge

Please tell me which team is best, and if I should organize the teams a little better by switching the Pokemon around, and also by telling me if I should change any of their moves.

Please and thanks ;D!

Sooooo.....how about reading this topic to fix the simple mistakes of your team?

Otherwise...having posted three teams to rate is a little overboard. Edit two of the teams out. It just gets annoying to rate so many Pokemon at once.

I can tell you one thing, have only one team rated first, then once your happy, you can make a new topic for your other teams, or edit your main post with the, new updated information.

I'm going to edit the second and third teams out.

I will help with one Pokemon, on Team 1.

Steelix@Leftovers
Impish
Rock Head Ability
-Earthquake
-Double-Edge
-Stone Edge/Elemental Fang
-Explosion

Earthquake is for STAB.
Double-Edge is win with Rock Head.
Stone Edge has high power, but the Elemental Fangs have more coverage.
Explosion is to go out with a huge Bang

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk

And here's Umbreon. It's made to wall and annoy things NOT attack.

Bold/Calm
Item: Leftovers (if the Wobbuffet isn't holding it)
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Pursuit
Wish/Moonlight

Toxic and Confuse Ray to annoy. Once your opponent is good and annoyed, he or she may try to switch so hit with Pursuit. Wish or Moonlight to recover HP and be even more annoying.

Hmmm....

Politoed is meant to take the Special hits or deal out the Special hits.

Politoed@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
252 HP/148 Sp.Def/108 Sp.Atk
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Haze/Toxic

Surf gets STAB.
Ice BEam hits Grass-types.
Hypnosis is to shut down the opponent.
Haze is to reset changes in stats while Toxic adds up passive damage to the opposing Pokemon.

Politoed@Choice Specs
Water Absorb
Modest Nature
252 Spd/108 Sp.Atk/6 Sp.Def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Focus Blast/HP Electric/Grass
-Psychic/Focus Blast/HP Electric/Grass

Surf and Ice Beam once again.
Psychic and Focus Blast for coverage.
HP Electric gives you the Popular Electric and Ice combo which hits almost every single type for at least Neutral Damage.
HP Grass gives you an option to use against other Water Types as well.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's something for Dragonite:

Dragonite @ Salac Berry/Persim Berry
Adamant
Inner Focus

- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake/Stone Edge
- ThunderPunch/Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Dragonite has plenty of good physical moves and can get a lot of coverage. Power up with Dragon Dance - this will boost Dragonite's already huge Attack stat and more importantly, help boost his rather mediocre Speed. Dragon Claw/Outrage for STAB - Outrage is a lot more powerful than Dragon Claw but causes confusion once it's done. Pick Salac Berry if you choose Dragon Claw, and Persim Berry for Outrage. Earthquake and Stone Edge both pack immense power, although Stone Edge provides slightly better type coverage along with the increased crit chance at the cost of some of its accuracy - your choice as to which you go with. Thunderpunch is for Water and Flying-types, most notably Skarmory and Gyarados, Fire Punch is for Skarmory again, and for any Steel-types who will otherwise resist Stone Edge and whatever Dragon-type move you choose.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some people will refuse to let you battle them with Wobbuffet - it and Wynaut are considered uber in competitive play, so you may need to find a replacement for him if someone requests that you remove it before battling them.