• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Year's Resolutions 2016

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I feel like I post one of these every year…

So, it's December, and that means some of us might be starting to think of 2016's New Year's Resolutions - and, inevitably, licking our wounds regarding resolutions we forgot about in the second week of January.

So, how did your 2015 resolutions go? What new resolutions are you going to breakachieve this year?

My resolution was apparently to come back and post some resolutions in the thread. I didn't. Go figure! This year I resolve to think of some actual resolutions and post them in this thread. And not forget.

My resolution is to get a better job and to stop procrastinating...im very bad for it and when i say im going to do something i want to follow through with it...and im also going to add to my pokemon collection :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
So my resolution for this year was to fight and not let the world defeat me. Like the warrior I am, I'm still kicking so I'll call that a success even if my free time is almost nonexistent these days. I think for 2016 I'll make the resolution better time management so I can reclaim and better use my free time. >:D

I'm making a resolution to spend more time with my family and friends and also to read more and Mabey even rate the books like you know say what i like and don't like about it! Also I didn't make any resolutions last year soooo yeah!

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Same with Sky. I had no resolutions last year whatsoever but this year I plan to be more on task and write better. I really want to improve in my writing because now, it's HORRIBLE! For staying on task...I really need to do that. In the middle of my homework I go and decide to check pokecharms or write. Then the next day I don't have my homework done. Oops. :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My New Year's Resolution is simple: to actually finish and pass Computer Architecture so I can finally get my comp sci career going again. There is very little else that I feel needs to be accomplished at this point, or rather, if it could be accomplished it'll take more than a year for me to get there.

New Year's Resolution: Be at least .0000000000001% less of an asshole to people. This won't last a day.

Alternatively, buy The Force Awakens and watch it 1,000,000,000,000 times. Much easier.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
My only new year's resolution is to become a better photographer, as this as of late has been my side hobby. As of now, It seems like a huge leap from where I am now- but I believe I can actually do it!

As of last year's resolutions, I did go on that detox diet (I gave up on the third day) , and I do walk more than I take the bus to the train station, so I'm glad that got accomplished!~

My new year's resolutions are getting healthier and learning how to drive. For learning how to drive, I always try to learn but I always get distracted. For getting healthier, I'm a bit of a slug and I could always use some fresh air.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now that we're a bit further into the year, I think my resolutions for this year are to be less anxious on certain key dates (because I'm getting very sick of myself for it >>) and to balance my budget re: all of my new home owner bills. If I can end this year with money still existing in my savings account then I'll be very satisfied. :'D

Resolutions? I've never found that a certain time in the winter makes me want to do something. However, what's a general goal is to earn my master's degree and plan for my PhD, which will be accomplished by my rigorous scheduling and weekly meetings with my advisor. Other, less academic ones include learning how to crochet a plush Leafeon. Ever since a friend made me a crocheted plush Mareep, I've wanted to figure out how to make them. I'm currently working on a simple crocheted plush octopus to increase my skills and get my tension right.