• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS No-Guard Machamp

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
in case anyone isn't familiar with it, No-Guard raises the accuracy of all attacks on the field to 100%.

Since all of it's attack accuracies would be raised to 100% accuracy, I was thinking of a moveset along the lines of this:

Machamp@[generic item] considering Quick Claw/Scope Lens/Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
-Dynamicpunch/Cross Chop
-Stone Edge
-Thunderpunch/Ice Punch
-Bullet Punch/Bulk up

Dynamicpunch with perfect accuracy will just by plain ANNOYING, and about as useful too. I consider Cross Chop, but I'm most likely going with Dynamicpunch

Stone Edge will hit any Fliers I'm dumb enough to leave Machamp out to face, with its crap speed, and flier's above average speed. The high critical is nice too though.

Thunder and Ice punch would be for coverage, and the Bullet Punch/Bulk Up combo would be to raise stats rather than going for Coverage. I'm considering Focus Energy too, but again it isn't as likely as Bulk Up.

I'm just curious what Fighting+Rock doesn't cover as well.
thanks for any suggestions everyone.

Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge can't hit four types for at least neutral damage.
They're:
Poison/Fighting
Poison/Ground
Ground/Psychic
Psychic/Fighting

So a Ground attack would deal with two of them, as would a Ghost move. But, Ice/Thunder Punch can do the job. On the other hand, the Pokemon with those types are Croagunk and its line, the final stages for both Nidos, Baltoy and its line and Meditite and its line along with Gallade resist both Stone Edge and Dynamic Punch.

May I suggest using Rest and Sleep Talk?

Machamp@Leftovers
Adamant
-Dynamic Punch
-Stone Edge
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

Optimal use since Rest will recover all HP lost and Sleep Talk eases the PP of Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge.

There's also the use of Close Combat on a Choice Set, but that's later.

Other options include The Elemental Punches, Payback, and Fire Blast.
Elemenatl Punches provide great coverage.
Payback is Machamp's only way to deal with Psychics.
Fire Blast will almost destroy Skarmory.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I forgot to mention, I'm going to be training it in max attack, and then splitting the rest of the EVs between HP, Defense, and Special Defense. it's speed is really nothing to work with at all.

I never really had given Sleep talk any true thought before on anything, but that looks pretty good for this. I don't know if I'd want to give it the leftovers of the team... but it would go well with my Black Sludged Muk.

I really do like the Rest/Sleep Talk on this... I'll probably use that set.