• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Oh, the places you'll go~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay cheesy title aside...

I felt like making a new topic and this was the first one to spring to mind. There are probably many 'Charmsians who are into traveling, but if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I have a general interest in traveling because I've never been outside of mine even to go to Canada or Mexico.

As for me, I'd love to take a cross country trip across the United States because I've only been as far as Chicago and as far west as...somewhere in Alabama. Yeeeeeah, see I haven't even really seen my own country. Seattle is the main place I'd like to see because I heard it was beautiful and really cool although I'd settle for almost anywhere. Internationally I'd love to visit the UK, Canada, Japan, and China (specifically Hong Kong). However, I'm down with going just about anywhere if I get the opportunity because I want to see how people do things outside of this country and really learn more.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm only really interested in going back to one place (Sweden) and going to another at long last (Italy). The former because it's a beautiful and clean country with really nice people and I'd just love be back in that world again, the latter because I think I'd eat so much I'd literally burst open in the streets and die happy.

The rest of the world doesn't interest me that much as a whole, mostly from either being too hot, too cold, has nothing interesting for me or too full of people I wouldn't want to interact with. I would, though, like to go to places like L.A. for E3 or Tokyo for the Akihabara district.

I wanna go to Italy. I've always quite liked Italy, it seems like such a beautiful place, the language is pretty cool-sounding and the food. The food is just aahhhh ♥

Going to Japan would be cool! Maybe mostly because I'm a weeaboo, but I still think it'd be fun.

There are loads of places I want to go - there are so many places that are just so pretty. I think I'd quite like to go to the Netherlands. I've never actually been outside of the UK before (only been in Scotland and England, for that matter ><) so really, anywhere would be nice XD

My parents love traveling to relaxing places, we go somewhere every opportunity, even if it's to a small beach resort in Sinai. The place I would love to return to is Australia, simply because it would be awesome to be able to hang around with those aussies and not have to worry about parents keeping me on a leash.

I would however, like to visit Japan one day, perhaps when I graduate. I always had a deep respect for Japanese culture, it took more than just Nintendo to make me like it. I enjoy the food, the customs, and especially the myths. And I would love to be able to experience it, young and old, firsthand.

Well so far, I've only holidayed in France, Spain, once in Portugal, and mostly in Gran canaria. While I love these, I have an extensive list of ideal destinations c:

First, I'd love to visit a few destinations in Ireland and England. I'd most likely do a driving tour of both at my leisure, disregarding the island episodes of the schedule.

Next, a tour of Europe, attempting to stay clear of tourist traps in Spain and France. I'd take a guided tour of Norway, mostly consisting of fjord riding. I'd also take a guided tour of Russia, considering it's sheer size.

I'd also love to visit Japan, China, India, and island hop around polynesia. I may do Australia and NewZealand, and a bit of the Pacific if it's in my budget.

Then of course, there is Africa. I'd particularily like to visit North Africa for it's architectural styles, architecture not being something that would interest me in most cases.

Finally, the Americas. East to West Coast road trip, then maybe a portion of South America for later ventures.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'll keep this short and to the point. I want to see the world and everything it has to offer. That means visiting every state in the US (again for the ones I've only passed through), and traveling abroad to Europe, Asia, etc. Two of the highest countries on my list are Australia for the Great Barrier Reefs and Japan because it's, well, Japan!

I have one dream with travelling, and that is to see and dive by the coral reefs. I saw a documentary about a place called Raja Ampat. It was probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, so that is where I want to go.

Rolly said:
I have one dream with travelling, and that is to see and dive by the coral reefs.

I'd quite frankly *love* to do this as well, they sound magnificent.

I'm one for history, so places like Greece, Peru or Egypt are standouts for the obvious reasons. I'd love to visit Seoul, because I'm a huge Starcraft nerd - and from what I've seen, it does look really cool.

I'd also quite like to visit a lot more states in the US, I've only been to a couple and the people there have always been ridiculously nice ♥

I wouldn't mind returning to Florida, Bermuda and Dubai - they were lovely when I was there last and I'm sure they will be again.

And some places off the top of my head that I'd just want to see / tl;dr =

• The Parthenon
  • Machu Picchu
  • Giza
  • Seoul
  • Vietnam
  • Sweden
  • Canada
  • Australia

I like to balance my trips between enjoying the local culture and history and relaxing in the best enviroments avaible. My favourite places so far are Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy and France. Kroatia's pretty nice, too.

I've never been to Great Britain, and I'd love to do a city trip around London, Manchester, the like, along with visiting Scotland (Ohey, Elise) and Ireland (Ohey, Indie).

Also, I like Rolly's idea. I'm a major fan of aquatic sports, and scuba diving would be epic- Especially the Great Barrier Reef. Australia seems like a cool country in general.

And last but not least, I'd love to go to Japan to see the culture with my own eyes. I've recently tried sushi, and it's pretty good- But what I really mean are the electronics and friggin' manga vending machines.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I've been to several places both within the US and outside of it already, so I'm not quite sure where I want to travel to at this point. My family and I have this strange tradition of going somewhere outside of Texas once or twice a year. ^^;

I've already seen coral reefs, and they sure are purdy~ I would totally want to see that again. :'D

There are several places in Europe I still haven't gone to that I really want to visit, namely the British Isles (England and Scotland and Alex, oh my~), Germany, Austria, and the Scandinavian peninsula. Visiting Moscow or some other Russian city doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

I would also like to have a more extended stay in Japan; I only went there for a day, and that surely wasn't enough for me to enjoy anything. South Korea would also be kinda fun, especially if I get lucky enough to get some tickets to a kpop concert. And ahm, maybe I could go sight-seeing and look at all the mountains and stuffs that border China's southern border. Speaking of China, I STILL haven't seen the Great Wall. XD

And on my bucket list is the fact that I want to visit every continent at least once, so that means I'm totally willing to go visit Australia or South America or even Central America for that matter. Africa doesn't sound too bad either; as long as I have enough vaccinations and don't eat/drink unclean stuffs and don't touch any strange animals, I should be fine. And Antarctica? I REALLY want to visit both poles, if possible~

Visiting every state in the US is also on my bucket list. I only have about 20 states left...

Oh, so I still have some places that I want to visit. Huh, perhaps I'll get lucky and visit one of these places next summer. XD

I've got some neurological issue that makes it really, really difficult to learn more than one language, so I am pretty much stuck to the countries that have a majority of English speakers. Vocabulary is easy for me, so that will be okay to change from 'truck' to 'lorry' and so on. Taking this into consideration, I would love to go to England for sure. I don't know much about the English speaking proportions of Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and so on for that area, so I'll have to do some research before considering a visit.

I have traveled to France (I have family there). I don't usually travel too much, this year I'm going to Dominican Republic, which is great.

I would like to travel to Miami, I have family there, and then go to Orlando and visit Disney :3

Also I'll love visiting Japan but, well it's too far away XD I'll love to visit Asia in general, it has so much history and stuff.

Well, in the States I've been to Florida, New York, California, DC, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and the more rural areas of West Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. (I didn't include Maryland because, well, I live here xP) I'd love to make it to Boston and Atlanta...that hasn't happened yet.

Outside of the States I've been to Mexico (for about three hours...my family drove across the border, ended up in some city I can't remember the name of, and immediately turned around to sit in traffic waiting to cross back over to California) and Spain. Spain was beautiful and I'd do nearly anything to go back.

For places I'm interested in seeing, well...Italy, for the food and the Venice, Ireland, because of family history, Canada because it's right there, England and Australia for no particular reason, China and Egypt for the history, and Japan, well, mostly because I want to climb Mt. Fuji.

I'd also love to make it to Dubai, Machu Picchhu, Rome, and do a genuine African safari. Call me cheesy.

Though, really, I wanna see the whole of this big ol' beautiful world.

Dream answer: EVERYWHERE.

Real answer: At least go across an Ocean. I want to go to Germany now because my boyfriend has been there for a long time and can actually speak the language (Me: Wissen Sie, wo ist ein Resturant?). My mom had thrown around the idea of going to England for my senior trip cuz some cousins live there, but with this economy... *le sigh*

Also, I've been to a couple of border towns in Mexico and now I've had enough of that for my life. And I really want to go to Yellowstone again; that was really cool and I could appreciate it more now that I'm not just out of 2nd grade.

...Does space count?

I'm one of those people who has been a bunch of places- unfortunately a lot of my traveling took place in my younger days, and I have the long term memory of a goldfish on fire. Yes. On fire. I've been to England multiple times, France a few times, Venice twice, Ireland (my mom's side of the family comes from here), Switzerland (gorgeous), Jasper up in Canada (also gorgeous), Austria (for a total solar eclipse), and Scotland. More domestically, I've been to New York (family be here), North Carolina (very nice weather), Washington D.C., Maryland (funtime doctor camp at Hopkins), Arizona (mehhh), New Jersey (needed decontamination after that), and when I was very young, Tennessee. There was also a cruise in there, but I really don't remember where that went.

Well, I'd love to go back to Lake Louise in Canada- it's located somewhere in Jasper, and it's a gorgeous area. I'd like another trip to Switzerland at some point, as it was very nice too. Maybe another visit to Ireland, because I was too young to appreciate it (at the time, I was in my DDR phase and was pissed that there were no arcades. I was a dumb, dumb child.)

As for places that I haven't been before? Half of me says Japan, but the other half says "octopus dinner and lots of people crowding up streets". I'd like to go to different parts of Italy as well- Venice was nice, but I do want to explore the countryside. I don't think there's anywhere in the states that I'm absolutely dying to get to. Hawaii would be nice, but I'd much rather journey out of the US. I'd love to visit Poland or the Czech Republic- it's where half of my roots reside. What little I remember of Austria was really nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lost city of Atlantis.

Oh? That's not a valid option? Dang. Well, if I had to cho-

TOKYO

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TOKYO

It's always been my dream to go to Tokyo, mainly because of the fact that it's in Japan, the technological centre-

OF.

THE.

WORLD.

That's it, all the reason I need.

I want to go to Sweden and Finland for some strange reason. But I would love to go to Italy because the pictures I've seen of Italy make it look great. I would like to go to Japan as well mainly Tokyo and some quite countryside part of Japan with cherry blossom trees and whatnot. And the other remaining places are New York just seems like a cool exciting place, Brazil while the Rio carnival is going on and finally the Maldives to rest on those golden beaches with that awesome sea ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.