• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Percy Jackson and the Olympians Roleplay Discussion

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
Hi! I have read four of the books in the series "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" by Rick Riordan. Because of this, I think it would make a good roleplay. So, here's the important information:

- Rules
No Mary Sues
No Godmodding
Follow the character sheet
Basic Pokecharms rules

- Extra Info
You can make up to 3 characters
The place we begin is Camp Half-Blood, on Long Island
The camp director is Dionysis
The password is Hades Gym Shorts

-Character sheet:
Name: (first, middle, last)
Greek God/ Goddess parent: (no sworn maiden goddesses, no Hades, Posiedon, or Zeus)
Appearance:
Personality:
Magic Items (if any):
Powers (based on their parent)
Password:

Thanks for reading! Please, if you enjoyed, make a bio!

Last edited:

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
Yes you can. You would likely be good at growing plants. Side Note: at Camp Half-Blood, you would grow strawberries. Dionysis is being punished, so no grape growing or wine drinking for him or his kids. But yes, you can chose Dionysis as a parent.

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
Ok. Spots reserved. Just drop the demigod bios whenever you feel like it. Also, be warned: people may die. Especially considering what I'm thinking, be prepared for characters to die. Just warning you.
Thinking of characters, I need to make at least one...

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Huh, it’s been a while since I read Percy Jackson but I always did enjoy the series... not sure if I’m gonna join just yet, but for now may I reserve spots for Athena and Nike?

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
Yeah. Like Annabeth said, "I was a brain child," Annabeth said. "Literally. Children of Athena are sprung from the divine thoughts of our mother and the mortal ingenuity of our father. We are supposed to be a gift, a blessing from Athena on the men she favors." ( book 4, chapter 11, page 197).

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Ilios Carter Asteri
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Apollo
Appearance: Tall burly figure, standing at 6'3" with rather broad shoulders. He has golden blonde hair and a handsome face and sparkling eyes that are a golden orange colour. He has a scar under his left eye and a large tattoo of the sun on his back. He wears a button up shirt that he leaves open showing of his bare chest with black jeans and white shoes.
Personality: Ilios is strong willed and loyal. He has a strong sense of what is right. But he can also be arrogant and self centred at times. He is proud of the way he looks and isnt afraid to show off his body and face. He is kind and loving towards everyone unless you double cross him or threaten someone he cares about and he becomes violent and angry.
Magic Items: Apollyon: A beautifully carved wooden bow that is enchanted to be nearly unbreakable.
Solar Flare: A steel dagger with sun patterns engraved in it, that returns to the owners hand.
Powers: Ilios is a rare case when it comes to the children of Apollo and is one of the first in a long time to inherit slight Photokinesis. Of course he also has the same as all the children of Apollo:
  • He can curse others to only speak in rhyming couplets that can take days or even weeks to wear off.
  • He is an expert archer.
  • He also excels at anything involving throwing or shooting stuff, like shooting hoops or shooting firearms or other missile weapons.
  • He is skilled in physical contests and games.
  • He excels in the arts.
  • He is a skilled musician.
  • Vitakinesis: As a child of Apollo, he is a natural healer. He can heal people by singing a hymn to his father (in Ancient Greek).
  • Audiokinesis: As a child of Apollo, he has the ability to control sound waves and music.
  • Thanks to a curse, all the children of Apollo have a terrible fear of snakes.
Password: Hades Gym Shorts

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
@Void_Nugget , you are excepted!
Also...
Name: Harold Leon Smith
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Hephaestus
Appearance: Harold is tall, 6'07", and has a very sturdy build. He has brown skin, dark brown eyes, and long, shaggy black hair. His clothes don't stand out, aside from his leather gloves and steel-toed workboots.
Personality: Harold is a gruff, inaffectionate hulk. Or so he seems. In reality, he has a lot of emotions, he's just really good at hiding them. Well, except for one emotion: anger. When he gets angry, he yells at any- and every-one, he is not afraid to punch, slap, kick, or throw people, and he will, on occasion, swing Kittinglr, his axe.
Magic Items (if any): Kittinglr, an axe whose blades never dull, whose swing is always as desired, and cannot be destroyed in any way, shape, or form.
Powers (based on their parent): Heat resistance
Super-human strength
Perfection in smithing

Only one, for now.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Aspen Sage Wilder
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Nike
Appearance: Aspen has rather tanned skin and deep black hair that shines purple in the light, split down the middle at the back into two longer sections. Her eyes, in contrast, are a pale blue, and her full lips are usually twisted into a fierce expression. Golden wings extend from her lower back, similar to those of Nike, and there is a myriad of pale scratch scars all over her body. She usually has leaves or branches caught in her hair and clothes.
Personality: Aspen is, by all intents and purposes, a wild child. Heavily competitive, playful in a prankster sort of way, never one to follow the rules or care what others think, it’s hard to tell what she’ll do next. She speaks in a brash manner, and tends to address superiors as “old man” and “lady.” Immediately upon meeting someone new, she will assign a nickname that they may or may not be fond of, but once she picks it, there’s no changing it... unless she finds something else to poke fun at you for.

Magic Items (if any): Iridyon - A gleaming golden ring with a rainbow hue. A simple band that fits around Aspen’s middle finger. When its name is called, it grows into a blade that comes to a deadly point approximately six inches long. If separated from its wielder or broken when in this form, it will transfigure into the form of an eagle and attack the one who removed or broke it, render them unconscious in the best case, and return to ring form.

Powers:
Flight - wings, obviously
Increased speed, strength, and stamina - not quite on a superhuman level but definitely better than most
Animal instincts - almost like a sixth sense, allowing her to tell when someone is near or have a foreshadow of when she’s in danger
Strategy - while she’s not the smartest of the bunch by the book, in terms of combat strategy she’s hard to beat
Avian tongue - can communicate with birds and is quite adept handling animals in general, aiding her skill with a chariot

She’s also rather lucky, though that doesn’t really count as a power-

Name: Lukas “Luke” Ryder
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Athena
Appearance/Personality: Dark blonde hair, an average skin tone, and dull green eyes leaves Luke a rather unremarkable-looking boy. An average build with average height and just about average in every way... until you put some legos in front of him and watch him turn them into a fully functional robot. Or give him a computer and watch him code a completely unique video game. Or give him a math problem that would leave 98% of the population stumped and watch him solve it in minutes. In short... the guy’s a massive geek. Everything that has anything to do with math, applied science, or computers he’s totally into. In all rights, he is an inventor. His specialties include making something out of nothing and cooking. That’s about it. Honest to god, no nine year old can barbecue like this kid.
Magic Items (if any): Vivlio - a spirit that possesses Luke’s notebook. It tends to float just over his shoulder, filling in on its own whenever he does something new or tells it to write something down.
Powers:
Invention - pretty self-explanatory, the kid’s a quick thinker
Strategy - another person whose strategic mind is hard to match, though he has trouble communicating his ideas with his limited vocabulary
Telepathy - oftentimes this power comes in handy when Luke has trouble putting his thoughts into words. He just projects his thoughts into the minds of others and shows them what he means. His thought-reading capabilities are severely limited, though
Password: do I need to put it again? Honestly tho hades’s gym shorts prbly smell nasty-

Ugh there we go- beware the nine year old kid of Athena-

Name: Edward James "Ed" Aetos (Greek, meaning Eagle)
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Dionysus
Appearance: Red Hair that has purple in the sunlight and blue eyes, he takes a lot of appearance traits from his mother, he his slim of frame though. He stands about 6'2" and commonly, when not in training wears reds, blues, purples.
Personality: Edward is usually level headed, but when he uses his madness powers, he gets closer and closer to madness, but it wears off after a few hours. He is serious and Decisive, due to living with a single mother,
Magic Items (if any): A small bottle that produces Alcohol at will, in Camp Half-blood, it will produce Diet coke.
Powers
  • Plant Manipulation (Mostly Vines of Grapes and Strawberries, in Camp Half-blood, only Strawberries)
  • Animal Transformation
  • Alcokinesis (Conjuration, Transformation, and Immunity)
  • Madness Manipulation
  • Forced Transformation (Will talk with User when using this and is last resort, this could be a discovered ability).
  • Partying (Can Appear anywhere there is a party).
  • Limited Pyrokinesis (Purple)
  • Teleportation (leaves Faint smell of Grapes.)

Here's the Aphrodite child

Name: Althea Miranda "Thea" Mare
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Aphrodite
Appearance: She has long brown hair and brown eyes, on a slim yet curvaceous frame. She stands 5'9", and commonly is seen wearing random clothes that usually work together.
Personality: Bubbly, flirtatious, sweet, caring, yet shy and cautious. Her father's personality reflected a bit on this Daughter of Aphrodite.
Magic Items (if any): A Magic belt that induces desire.
Powers

• Control of Doves
  • Amokinesis, but only in the romance Aspect for this RP, and Charmspeak.
  • Chlorokinesis (Flowers)
  • Beauty (She can make herself look like a person of beauty to the person who is seeing, remember the saying, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
  • Beauty related blessings and Curses.
  • Life Creation (More animating)
  • Pyrokinesis (From her mother's Photokinesis)

Name: Leah Samantha "Leah" Yorgos
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Ares
Appearance: A young Red-haired girl with green eyes that start gaining red (this will be explained in powers), a small girl of 4'6", but is a lot stronger than she seems.
Personality: Leah has a sense of snark, determined, and tenacious, but is easier to provoke than most. Her mindset is not too far from a soldier, this is due to her Father's influence.
Magic Items: She has a long spear which has
Powers (based on their parent)

• She is a Daughter of Ares and as such has Battle Prowess and Battle Precognition, she is still figuring out these powers.
  • She has expertise in several fighting styles.
  • She also has Weapon Conjuration and Weapon Omninesence (She can make something a Weapon, and if she sees a weapon, she knows everything about it.)
  • She has Pyrokinesis in her eyes, hence why they turn red, and Immense Strength.
  • She can call the spirits of losing sides in wars, but this ability can be a discovery.
  • She can summon animals sacred to Ares, such as wild Boars and Vultures, potential discovery.

Hopefully I got this right.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
I have a few questions before i make a bio.
First Question: Is there a plot for this RP?
Second Question: Do you count Orpheus as a greek god? Since he's basically a demigod (Son of Calliope/Oeagrus)
Third Question: Do you count the Nine Immortal Muses as Sworn Maiden Goddesses

Thank you, as I stated before, it took me four hours to sift through the parents powers to get some, about half for each, and a couple of discoveries in my one character.

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
Name: Arthur "Excalibur" Drake Johnson
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Athena
Appearance: Arthur is 6'05", has fair skin, short, blond hair, and bright blue eyes. He wears a Royal blue jacket, Navy blue jeans, a sky blue t-shirt, and blue boots.
Personality: He is calm and rational, while still maintaining a large amount of pride and dignity. He is, however, very protective of his friends and would rather die than see a friend hurt.
Magic Items (if any): A baton that extends to a full blade when hit against ones hand, and this blade is named Excalibur.
A bracelet that folds out to begin a shield in the fashion of Aegis.
Powers (based on their parent):
Divine Wisdom/ Insight
Excellance in almost everything

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Name: Giovanni "Georgy" Russo
Greek God/ Goddess parent: Boreas (God of the North Wind)
Appearance: Short, slicked back black hair, tan skin, sharp jawline, 5'11" height. He's scrawny, wears a white tank top and black sweats with red sneakers on his feet.
Personality: He's outgoing and friendly, very loyal and a fast talker.
Powers
-can sprout large black wings from his back
-can summon winds from exclusively the North

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
May I reserve a spot, assuming I don't get my character sheet done in time? Haven't been in a Percy Jackson RP in a looong time, and since some of the RP's I'm in are slowing to a full stop, I think I can join just one more.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I don't know if this is useful but I made a list of the current characters with their ages and godly parents.
Ilios Carter Asteri (18 )(Apollo) @Void_Nugget
Harold Leon Smith (17)(Hephaestus) @GreninjaRonin09
Aspen Sage Wilder (16)(Nike) @=Nightshade=
Edward James "Ed" Aetos (16)(Dionysus) @Cmeriwether
Althea Miranda "Thea" Mare (16)(Aphrodite) @Cmeriwether
Giovanni "Georgy" Russo (16)(Boreas) @Psymallard
Selios ''Seli'' Ryo (16)(Heilos) @~RaylessSage~
Leonidas (Leon) Sýmpan (15)(Astraeus) @DevVoid
Arthur "Excalibur" Drake Johnson (14)(Athena) @GreninjaRonin09
Caesar Dimitriadis (14)(Apollo) @| Korutesu |
Aviary 'Ava' Sophia Fosalo (14)(Eos) @Astrial
Leah Samantha "Leah" Yorgos (10)(Ares) @Cmeriwether
Lukas “Luke” Ryder (9)(Athena) @=Nightshade=

Last edited:

GreninjaRonin09

Previously Mewtvak09
I was wondering how I was gonna keep track of all of them... thank you, @Void_Nugget .
Side Note: All twelve Olympian gods have cabins. Non-Olympian Half-bloods will likely be placed in the Hermes cabin. Unless, of course, I- the camp directors, find a better fit someplace else.

DevVoid

Well, this sure took some time. I was originally gonna go for Aether, but the powers available that I had in mind seemed too boring and straight-forward. So, I went with Astraeus and made a Zodiac-themed Power, along with two generic powers - one that Leon is inexperienced with and one that is very situational that Leon isn't even aware of that he has. For what it's worth, I tried balancing out the Zodiac Forms out as best I could while keeping them beneficial in a way.

Edit: Taurus had some bad wording. Fixed it up to be properly readable.

Name: Leonidas (Leon) Sýmpan (Greek for Cosmos)

Greek God/ Goddess parent: Astraeus/Astraios

Appearance: Leonidas has a simple, average caucasian skin tone, long, messy hair as black as the cosmos and eyes as purple as a nebula. Leonidas is of average build - not too muscular, not too thin either, with a height of 5'7ft. Leonidas does not have a specific set of clothing he wears - though his choice in colours reflects the common colours in the vast emptiness of space - dark blue, dark purple, black and white. As explained below, Leon has a light-blue glowing rune on his forehead, which only lights up if it is transformed into a Zodiac Sign. He also has small, white-feathered wings that aren't fully grown yet.

Personality: Leonidas is a reserved individual who, despite having no trouble socializing with others, prefers to be by his lonesome or with a few friends otherwise most of the time. He attempts to helpful to everyone - demi-god or not, though he won't be respectful to those who aren't treating him or others the same. He's also intelligient, using his Zodiac forms to his or his allies' advantages whenever he can, in whatever way he can. He's also a bit brave and confident in his skill as a fighter and isn't afraid to step up to defend someone else from something - or someone.

Magic Items: A small bag made of black-painted leather that generates golfball-sized rocks with effects based on the planets they resemble. Generally, Leon uses these in conjuction with a handmade slingshot.

Powers:
Gift of Flight - Leon heired his father's white-feathered wings, though they aren't grown out yet, obviously. Leonidas also still has to yet overcome a fear of heights, so the only thing he's willing (and capable) of doing so far with his wings is gliding from a place high up. Leon also cannot use his wings while in any Zodiac Form as all of them remove them from his body while the form is active.

Cosmic Ward - Leon is immune to the effects of space, including the lack of oxygen and low gravity. An almost useless power when he's not in space, though it does also allow him to survive higher/lower temperatures and breathe in spaces where there's little to no oxygen to breathe. Leon still needs to discover this ability.

Zodiac - With the glowing rune on his forehead, Leon can change it into a zodiac sign, which will transform his body to what the rune represents. These are the following forms, of which he can only keep up one at a time, each with their own benefits and disadvantages:
Aries: Leon's body changes into that of a humanoid ram with a black skin tone, white wool and long, curled horns. While physically weak, this form gives him enhanced speed and endurance, along with strong hooves and horns.

Taurus: Leon's body increases in size significantly as he becomes a minotaur. Easily the most dangerous form, though as it is powerful, it also makes Leon way easier to piss off. And once his Taurus form is in full rage, it won't stop until exhausted.

Gemini: Leon's back sprouts a Homunculus clone of himself that has the same speed, strength, etc as him. The clone has to be connected to him through a flesh strand, otherwise it will shrivel up and die. The clone will protect and help Leon until he goes out of the form.

Cancer: A mix between Taurus Strength and Aries Speed, Leon's body stays the same size as he becomes a large crab. The pincers can clip through steel, essentially making them really powerful scissors. This form also has a lot of durability due to the natural armour of a crab.

Leo: Leon's body increases in size, yet not as big as the Taurus form, as Leon becomes a Lion. With well-increased senses, sharp claws/teeth and enhanced might and agility, this form is useful for fighting in any environment.

Virgo: A seemingly useless form at first, this form does not physically change Leon, nor give him strength, speed or otherwise. This form has Leon embrace his human side and as a result become immune to supernatural forces, remaining unaffected by them. He still remains vulnerable to regular forces, such as swords, punches, arrows, etc.

Libra: Leon's right half of his body becomes a deep black, while the other becomes a bright white colour. This form gives Leon the combined physical prowess of his other forms, but none of their biological abilities. (Such as horns, stinger tail, pincers, etc.) This form also removes his wings, as humans don't have wings.

Scorpius: Leon's body decreases slightly in size, with him forming into a large, almost human-sized scorpion. His stinger is able to secrete a very strong venom, and his pincers and armour, although not as strong as the Cancer Form, are still powerful.

Ophiuchus: A form that still needs to be discovered by Leonidas. This turns his whole body into multiple swamp-green snakes, each with the zodiac sign on their forehead. To go back to his usual self, Leon would have to gather all the snakes in one place.

Sagittarius: Leon increases slightly in size, with him becoming a Centaur. This form grants him the speed, strength and durability of a horse, along with the accuracy and archery skills of a centaur.

Capricornus: Leon becomes a Satyr, his size not changing. More agile, although less quick than the Aries form, Leon often uses this form as a means to easily parkour to a location. This form also allows Leon to play any instrument unusually well.

Aquarius: This form changes Leon's body into water, allowing himself to become ice or steam at will, teleport by jumping into a body of water and manifesting somewhere else out of it, as well as easy access to most areas. Also a pretty harmless power and only useful for parkouring and/or stealth.

Pisces: Leon is changed into a merman (yknow, the anthropomorphic, humanoid fish things in horror movies) with dark-blue scales, light-red fins/webbing and glowing yellow eyes, allowing him to breathe both air and underwater, as well as swim REALLY quickly and easily.
I'd also like to note that once switched out of a form, Leon will have to wait 10 seconds until he can switch into a new form again. Knocking him out will also switch him out of his current form.

Last edited:

DevVoid

@DevVoid It sure did, took four hours research to put together Edward, Leah, and Thea. Also Thea will encounter Leonidas.
I was actually referring to creating Leonidas when I said 'this sure took some time' because it took so long creating a unique transformation for each of his Zodiac Forms, along with his appearance and personality.

Speaking of Leonidas, I made him in a picrew maker. (Not all-too accurate, didn't get his hair right. It's close enough, though.)
download20210603203148.png

(This is the picrew in question.)

Last edited:

Muza

Previously Bedazzled
Name: Selios ''Seli'' Ryo
Greek God and Godess Parent Heilos
Appearance: Selios is a teenager of average height, with a slim muscular build with short and spiky yelllow hair, and gold color eyes. His eyes are also noteworthy as his pupils are yellow instead of black.
Personality: Selios is brave, Intelligent, confident, and willing to help others.
Magic Items (if any): Sun Sword
Powers: Pryrokinesis

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
hopefully this character is good enough
Plus i didn't choose Orpheus because he technically WAS a mortal and didn't have any powers whatsoever.

Name: Caesar Dimitriadis

Greek God/ Goddess parent: Apollo

Appearance: Caesar is extremely handsome, coming from his grandparents, has dark brown hair, light colored skin and emerald green eyes. Caesar has a slim body-type, with a height of 5'2. Caesar normally wears white polos along with white pants, with a sky-blue jacket on top, along with a belt to keep his Harp.

Personality: Caesar isn't one to like crowded places, but it almost can't be avoided because of his handsomeness. Like his father, Caesar will play music for all, for people's happiness.

Magic Items : Apollo's Harp - Apollo's Harp has been passed down to Caesar by Orpheus, which was given to Orpheus by Apollo. This harp lets Caesar play enchanting songs, and control other living beings because of the music from the harp.

Powers:
Unlike other sons and daughters of Apollo, Caesar isn't one to commit to violence. As the powers that he got were purely support based.
- Caesar is able to muffle the hearing of people with a snap of a finger.
- He is able to heal allies with his singing to his father, Apollo.
- He can make enemies and allies alike to sleep with his songs.
- A power most of his half-brothers and half-sisters don't have, is that he can predict small sequences of the future to others with his music.
- Caesar's last power is being able to inflict diseases to people who hear his songs, being very dangerous to both allies and enemies if used incorrectly.
- He also has a fear of snakes.