• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
This is the first thread (of hopefully many) in a hybrid-format RP made collaboratively between several writers. It's a story of young individuals with unique powers and talents in a large, corrupt, fictional city; sometimes working individually, maybe working together eventually, this is a shared world where solo adventures are made as Written Works, and crossover appearances written as RP Threads. If you haven't checked out the written works introducing these characters, here they are in chronological order before the start of this thread:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEPTEMBER 3RD, 2021

Pi City, Wyoming
Up City District

Near the U-Pi English/Lit Campus

THE PROSE:
Sometimes, Pi City felt like two completely different worlds rolled up into one. On the one hand, there was the vibrant, thriving University of Wyoming campuses, booming businesses, tourist trapping shops and the like. On the other hand, though, ran Pi City's seedy underbelly, swarmed by mobs of criminals like locusts come in the summertime.

Tonight, Vassilios Vonda dipped his toes into both ends of the world. He could feel the cracked ribs and bruised flesh - fresh from only a couple hours earlier, maybe - healing in real time within his body, almost more painful than the injuries had been on their own.

He'd ended up at a house party — loud and bombastic, so much so the house felt like it was shaking from the force of the music and movement. Though the house was only two stories and a handful of rooms, it had an old west style of design to it, where those rooms were at least wide open with high-ceilings, leaving plenty of room to pack people in as sardines in a can.

A pair of "bouncers" (larger dudes who looked like they occasionally hit the gym) checked for college ID at the door, to keep the party to U Pi students alone.

The first room upon entering acted as the main bar area, with a long bar along the far wall manned by another couple students; they had kegs of beer, two bowls of jungle juice, several trays of jello shots, and a selection of liquor bottles - some cheap, some not - behind them. On the bar, a sign listing prices showed: Jungle Juice - free; Jello shots $1; Beer $2; Shot from Bottom Shelf $3; Shot from Top Shelf $5.

In the same room as the bar, the party-throwers had set up two, long tables and dozens of red cups for beer pong doubles matches. A chalkboard on the wall listed winning streak and who was next at either table, which seemed to be full for the near future.

To the left, a carpeted living room had been cleared out for the dance floor; a DJ spun from a turn table and coordinated his efforts on his Mac laptop, all set up just behind four, large subwoofers that blasted an odd mixture of house, EDM, rap and techno. A bulk of the party seemed to be congregated on the dance floor, and whenever people left in waves, other bodies replaced those leaving near simultaneously.

Further back of the dance floor and main bar, a locked bathroom (made private for the party-throwers and their close friends) and kitchen — the latter of which became the gathering space for the few, brave souls attempting to have a conversation on the first floor amid its noise. Others ran in and out, brandishing bottles of liquor, taking shots with strangers and making new friends, or drinking with old friends and eyeing anyone suspicious.

Upstairs became the main hub for bathroom breakers; the line wrapped from the end of the hall, down the other end and almost entirely down the stairs to the first floor. People in line chatted idly - some smoking pot, some cigarettes (nobody was quite sure if that was allowed but some people started and others never stopped them) - while they waited.

Three other rooms on the house's second floor became more social gathering spots: the room on the far left became home to a vociferous congregation of cocaine users. A few of them did it for the fun, hoping they'd acclimate better to the party environment. Others, well, it had started that way for them...the first time they tried it.

The middle room was similar to the coke room, though it had all the frazzled stoners looking to escape the anxious energy of the party and chill out for a little while. People came and went, but whoever did either had pot passed to them instantly, or came in ready to hand out some of their own. Unlike the coke room which had about five or six people, the pot room had a dozen or more, easily.

Vassilis tried to ignore the contents of the third and final upstairs room. Instead, he made his way to the room obstructed by marijuana smoke and raucous laughter, his head stooped a little low in a grumbling frustration. Having grown hotter over the course of his short time at the party, V carried his trenchcoat draped over one arm, his opal-colored collared shirt looking clean if wrinkled.

"Yo, what year are you from?" One of the entrenched smokers said to the newly-entered Vassilis from his position in the group circle huddled on the floor. He paused to get a closer look at the glum Vassilis, changing his tune. "You look a little lost, friend. Have you tried turning to Christ?"

Before the confused immortal could begin to ask what the dude meant, the grinning stoner held out a just-lit joint shaped like the Christian cross. The circle parted as the Red Sea had for Moses, with Vassilis taking a spot next to the apparent leader.

The man who'd offered the joint had long hair, so greasy it stayed straight even if it wanted to curl. Some of the dirt on his face made it seem as though he'd washed, but only in the sense that he'd splashed water on his face in a sink somewhere. His grey, 30 Rock t-shirt was covered in food and grease stains alike, though his pants were a vibrant pair of harem pants in gold and green.

"I guess we could all use a little faith." Vassilis said once he was well and comfortable sitting in the circle, taking the joint from his strange savior.

"That's the spirit, my man. You can call me Crood, by the way." In spite of his general Pig-Pen vibes, the guy had a bright, white smile that stretched nearly ear-to-ear.

"Crude?" Vassilis asked.

"Crood." Crood said, holding his hands together and stretching them apart as he repeated, "Croooooooooooood."

"Crood." V repeated, nodding. "I'm Vassilis."

"Vaseline?" Crood asked.

"Vah-seel-ee." V said after taking a puff from the cross-joint.

"Who names their kid Vaseline?" Crood shook his head in amazement and laughed. "I'm just gonna call you V, man, that cool?"

"Please do." Vassilis said, glad the well-meaning stoner had come to such a decision.

"So tell me, V," Crood said, pulling another joint from seemingly nowhere, lighting it and passing it in the opposite direction of the first. "Why you lookin' so bummed out?"

"Oh, well I came here to meet up with someone and...couldn't find them." V lied with a sighing exhale of smoke, passing the joint to the stranger to his left.

"Bummer," Crood nodded. "Ya, I'm meeting someone here too but I don't think she's here yet. Couldn't resist a good puff, either, na-mean?"

"I guess," Vassilis shrugged, pulling out his own pack of rolling papers and his remaining buds of Philly weed and North Carolina tobacco. "I assume you're the guy to find if I ever need anything here on campus?"

"Hey man, you're a pretty quick learner," The man so stoned his eyes were almost closed looked at Vassilis, impressed. "I wasn't gonna say nothin', though. People tend to...find me, when in need."

Unable to argue with that, Vassilis shrugged and went back to finishing the spliff he'd started rolling. Soon, the strangers around him turned to named acquaintances: Roscoe, a gravitationally wide, part-time mechanic and engineering student; Miranda, a meek music major; Connor, a marine wash-out, law-school hopeful; Rasheed, an economics major from Boston constantly mentioning his proud, Somalian heritage; Pakawat, an international transfer student from Thailand majoring in engineering alongside Roscoe.

After around half an hour of idle chatter, sparking lighters, exhaling breaths and hacking coughs, Crood took a quick phone call. After hanging up, he and several of his friends stood from the circle to exchange pleasant good-byes with the room. V stood to meet him, offering a hand to shake.

"I gotta go find my friend," He explained as he accepted V's outstretched hand. "I don't think she's gonna be crazy 'bout this scene by herself, dig? Might be back though, if she wants a puff of her own. If I remember, hahaha. Anyway, if you ever need me, find me."

"Sure thing," Vassilis replied, like that would be an easy task in such a populated place. "Take it easy."

"You don't seem that stoned," Miranda noted, the two now sat beside each other. Dirty-blonde hair, large dimples on her cheeks, and focused, jade eyes, Miranda was no more than five feet tall, and probably one-hundred pounds, if that. "Are you sure you've really been smoking this whole time?"

"Bill Clinton taught me not to inhale." V responded a little to quickly, even as his fingers worked at rolling away the very last of his own, measly weed into as good a joint as get could get out of it.

"Do you ever think the sky has feelings?" The incredibly-inebriated Roscoe asked, staring at the ceiling. "Like they say that trees and plants and stuff are sentient — what about the sky? Does it hurt more, the higher we build skyscrapers? Or is a plane flying from LaGuardia to LAX like a fly to it?"

"Ok, buddy," V said, reaching over to grab the half-smoked blunt from the heavy boy's hands. Before Roscoe could even notice, V handed it across the circle to Rasheed. "That's...enough for you."

"Maybe you don't seem high because I've been smoking with Roscoe for an hour now." Miranda added, shrugging.

"You're getting cut off next." V said, handing his fresh roll over to her.

"Try and fucking stop me." The little, impish girl replied, accepting the gift graciously.

Last edited:
The music and people buzzing around Elizabeth made her feel alone. She didn't know anybody and didn't know where to go. To her luck, the one person she could possible call a friend, was not answering. She looked inside the honey colored liquid inside her red cup, making sure nothing suspicious was it, before taking a sip. It was sweet at first, but the strong flavor of alcohol quickly followed, feeling warm against the back of her throat. She checked her phone once more, nothing yet.

One more sip, she figured if he didn't reply by the time she was done with her drink, she would just leave. As she savored the sweet side of her beverage, she couldn't help but notice a few eyes on her. Right, she had decided to go as G, basically letting the world know she was in the area, not like it wasn't obvious having been spotted around it the last year. She inhaled a bit, trying to relax and keep herself from walking out. The urge increased though as she noticed a group of guys walking over to her. She began to feel a bit better when the face she saw looked familiar.

"G! You actually came! We were just talking about how we met you the other morning!" Matty, an average League of Legends player and college student greeted her with a bright smile, giving a small wave of his hand, looking as weird as one can when you don't know how to approach someone.

"Hey..." G playfully pointed her index finger towards the group, trying to hide her lack of knowledge of their names with a smile.

"Matty." He replied with a chuckle while his other two friends joined him.

"Roeland, the main Master Yi." The second guy seemed a bit more comfortable with the situation out of the other three.

"and Arthur!" G replied, pointing at the shy third guy standing a bit further away. "Some party huh?"

"Yeah, it's pretty nice!" Matty spoke loudly, almost screaming. "We were just talking about your give away tomorrow, we have alarms set so we can watch the stream!"

"I can hear you just fine!" G replied leaning back against the wall and taking a small shot from her drink.

"Sorry, just excited." Matty bit his lower lip as Roeland stepped into the conversation.

"Anyways, wanna hang out? Would be cool to get to know the real G."

"The real G?" She couldn't help but laugh, if they only knew. "What makes you think I'm fake?"

"No no!" Matty stepped in, each time the three men get closer to G. "What Roeland here means is that we would like to know what you're like outside video games and being a streamer."

She took another sip of her drink, her eyes quickly scanning the face of the three man in front of her. "There's not much more, I'm a girl who likes video games and shares that joy with her viewers, nothing else."

Roeland hid behind his can of beer as he looked away, looking like he was a bit ashamed of what he had said, meanwhile Matty tried to lighten things up with a loud laugh and slapping his friend on the back. "Sorry he asks weird questions when he drinks, we just want to take advantage of the opportunity."

"What opportunity?"

"Um, being able to talk to you in person." Matty began to look nervous while Arthur and Roeland looked away.

"Really? Because I'm getting other vibes..." G shot them a cold stare while slowly crushing her cup.

The three man backed away, each struggling to think of something to say. The tension began to wrap around them while the music booming behind them made it feel like they were in some sort of trap. The entire scene flipped upside down when G started to giggle and then laughed out loud pointing at them with a sarcastic look on her face. The three League players looked surprised for a bit before having a feeling of complete relief swept over them as they started to laugh along with her.

"Wow you guys need to relax, we're at a party!" G began to walk back towards the bar near the entrance, the three man following helplessly like baby ducks to their mother. "Drinks on me, what would you guys like?"

The next few minutes involved G and her three new friends talking about what she liked, including food, video games, specially video games and some more general stuff. The group slowly grew as some others began to join them, starting a small group conversation in the kitchen. Of course G had to deny any selfies, videos or anything of that sort but agreed to add Matty to her Steams friend list, promising to one day play with them. The fun continued until, after a phone call, Crood finally arrived.

"Ain't no party like a Crood party cuz party, Crood, music and stuff..." Crood's terrible entrance drew the attention of the group as he casually placed his arm around G. "Thank you all for taking care of this lost little girl, I was so worried about her." His wide smile seemed to infect everyone around them as the it spread from face to face.

"And it's my time to fly away!" G said, handing her cup to Arthur, who seemed a little too happy about it. "See you all later, online, where I will carry your butts!" She smiled and waved as she began to turn to leave, Crood doing the same as he led her away from the kitchen. She tried to convince him to give her the package she had actually gone to the party for, but Crood insisted she tried it out before deciding how much to buy. It didn't take much effort to convince G, as she followed the guy upstairs, walking past a poster of some sort of Space Cactus cartoon. I wonder what the creator of that was smoking.

"Welcome home my child, where the people are free to talk away their thoughts and release the trouble of their minds." Crood opened a door to a room full of smoke, holding the door open for G and the others to enter.

Everyone seemed to know where to sit, as if it had been assigned to them, except for G, who just stood by the door, trying to find a spot for herself. "Just let me try that thing so I can go, I feel like playing League for some reason..."

"No ma'am! I'm tired of your mole life like style, you gotta leave your burrow and let others get to know that mind of yours. Who is G, what is G, why G?" Crood gave her a sly smile as he offered her a small joint. "Something light for the little lady." He walked over and took a spot among the people who had been there before them.

G took the joint and looked around, finding a sit at the edge of a long couch. She sat down and took a deep breath, before lighting the small cigar in her between her fingers and taking the first shot. With a feeling of pressure going away, she leaned back and held the small rolled up white paper up in her right hand, waiting for someone to take it as she released a small cloud from her lips. "I needed this..."

In Crood's absence, the group remained much of the same, continuing to do much of the same; somewhere during the short period where the odd stoner had gone to fetch his friend, V had agreed to a trade with one of the students in the room — one of his more expensive English textbooks to a stranger who needed it, for the book's approximate weight in weed. A fair deal, he figured, since the kid seemed nervous, and Vassilis knew he could check the book out from the library when he needed it. And of course, that went to immediately dispensing more of it back to the people in the room, almost replacing Crood in the friendly dealer's absence.

Also, V shifted his position from an uncomfortable, cross-legged stance to sprawled out along the floor on his better (left) side, leaning on one elbow with his cheek cupped in one palm. Already an ungodly level of inebriated, the sluggish Roscoe took that as a sign to lie down himself, staying within the circle but lying his neck on V's shins like a pillow.

"Y'know, we had this one scam back in Boston," Rasheed had gotten to talking to his more uncouth days (which in reality had been but months prior). "We had these knock-off smartphones and fake rolex watches and shit. Yeah, yeah. And so we'd run around hocking them to people like the real deal. Most people were wise to the game, but the shit was nice enough some people still wanted to buy 'em. Now it gets real good when some of these people, see, didn't have any cash on 'em. We'd be like, na don't worry, I know an ATM machine right around the way. We never follow them, neither, we just stay right on our corner, where we be, yeah? And one of our buddies, see, would be posted near the ATM doin'...Iunno, doin' whatever. Point is, we got this device that looks like the thing that you put your card into, reads your number, then when you put your pin in, it takes that shit too! Person gets an error from the ATM, we get their digits. We makin' a fake card and withdrawin' cash off it before that person even back in their damn hotel room. Shit, some of 'em even go to another ATM, withdraw the cash, come back and buy my shit anyway! Hah! It's too easy, y'all."

V listened to the story as if he were casually listening to a podcast or audiobook or something — he'd tune in here or there, tune out occasionally. Around half-way through 'Sheed's tall-tale, Crood opened the door to the expertly hotboxed room, entering with his friend; a girl with icy-blue eyes, bangs, and a well-coordinated mix of black and blue outfit. She looked like her right hand was worth more than all of V put together. And the girl - who looked uncomfortably enough as it was - seemed to draw eyes from almost everyone in the room — even those enraptured by Rasheed's story.

Waiting for Rasheed to finish speaking, V looked over to Crood - who had found a spot in the circle once more - and then to Crood's friend, who had tucked herself into the corner of a couch against one of the room's walls.

"Hey, Crood, glad you found your friend," He said passing the joint in his hand over to Miranda, who now sat higher up than him because of how he lie, before calling over to G. "I can move if you wanna join us in the circle! Sorry for takin' up so much space over here!"

Even as V gathered himself to sit up, cross-legged again, Miranda gave him a playful push, disrupting his balance and nearly sending him crashing back to the floor.

"C'mon man what the hell, you're harshin' the vibe," She giggled. "Monopolizing the circle! Give the girl some space, geez."

Even as the two shard their inebriated flirtations, a couple people in the circle shifted of their own accord, their hushed whispers skittering across the floor.

"Wait, is that G?" One kid whose name V hadn't gotten asked, almost shocked.

"It does look like her!" Another said, equally amazed.

"G's not gonna sit on the floor next to a bunch of stoners!" A third admonished Vassilis, turning suddenly hostile in a weird, protective way.

"...G-what?" Vassilis asked, turning his head to Miranda, who shrugged. Looking over at Crood, V repeated: "G-what?"

"Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." Crood said in an excruciatingly elongated manner, motioning with his hands again like he had when explaining his own name to Vassilis earlier.

"I'm fine on the couch." G raised her hand, like if asking for her turn to talk, "G as in..." she moved her right hand in a circular way while thinking of a good example. "As in God without the odd." She couldn't help but smirk at her smart remark.

It seemed even amongst Crood's pot heads, she was known, apparently not by everyone and that was nice. She decided to relax a bit, if she was to just be G, she shouldn't have to worry about people recognizing her, right? With a new goal in mind, have fun, she stood up and took her spot in the circle, making sure her skirt was well adjusted before taking out her favorite pipe from her purse.

"Okay Crood, I'm here, I'm not leaving, where's this super amazing weed you promised." She held out her Rudolph.

Crood's smile got even wider, something that didn't seem possible, but it did. He raised his hands, like a messiah about to preach to his followers. "Ladies and gentleman, I have gathered you all here today, to give you the great honor of being the first in Pi City and probably the universe, to try out..." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a big filled with dark green herbs that had some light orange strips on them, "this new, beautiful creation. We call it Killer Peach." As he held up the product, some of the guys around him held up their hands as if sending a prayer and humming a biblical song. "However, this has been bought by, none other than G, if she decides to buy all of it, 400 dollars, then you will all have to hope, she is the sharing kind."

For a moment G felt all eyes on her, which made her a bit nervous. "Four hundred? How much do you think I make?"

Crood's smile turned into questionable frown, his eyes looking up and looking around as if he was reading something from the roof. "Well considering that you have an average of about five hundred thousand viewers per stream, and you get, rounding down, about 3$ per sub and let's say from those 500k at least 500 subscribe, that's... fifteen hundred, and how many streams do you do a week, like three? so weekly you get about forty five hundred dollars..." His big smile came back as he looked over at the astonished G.

After a moment of silence, G shook her head, closing her jaw and accepting the reality that Crood was capable of doing math. "Okay, yeah that's about right, I guess..." She hadn't even done the math herself, she just let the money pile up. "Okay, I'll take it, but we smoke it in my apartment after the party, not losing four hundred in some party."

Crood began walking slowly towards G while holding the bag up like some relic while the chorus of the other guys continued. "May we get a taste of it? Oh holder of the great one!"

G tried her best not to burst into laughter, even trying to play her role by clearing her throat and straightening up her back. "I, Queen G, hereby declare, the smoking of the Killer Bitch."

"Peach."

"Killer Peach!" She held out her pipe while Crood place the small bag down on the floor. "But I get to taste it first."

Crood sat down in the center of the circle and seemed to be meditating. "My friends, she has spoken. Assist her in her first puff and you all can puff along with her."

G rolled her eyes, handing over her pipe to V. "I don't know how to prepare this stuff."

Watching the procession like one front row at the theatre might, V nudged an elbow into Miranda's boney side as Crood put his friend in her place with his dazzling display of basic mathematics:

"$3 per sub?" He asked, whispering in her ear. "Is that like a sex work thing?"

"Whaaat? No!" Miranda contained her laughter, but she didn't try to hide that V's question had been stupid enough to crack her up. "She plays video games on the internet, I think."

Vassilis let out an impressed whistle as context for the numbers Crood had spat out came into context. He remembered his life back in Philadelphia, when he'd have been glad to make $45 in a week sometimes. A small cheer brought him back to reality. Some of the more...fervent fans of this G seemed ecstatic as she not only agreed to let them try her fancy, expensive weed — but seemed to have invited the whole room back to her place for an after-party of sorts.

As Crood dug into his own wares with greedy, little fingers, G handed her piece over to Vassilis, claiming to be unskilled in the preparatory arts. Taking the pipe from her in the palm of his bandaged hand and cupping it with his better hand, Vassilis sat it on his knee as he reached over to the dazed, happy Crood with a long arm and snatched the small baggie from the man's grasp.

"It's easy," Vassilis explained, even if she didn't particularly care to listen. Even as he pulled a fresh bud from the bag, his other hand produced a small, worn, silver grinder from a pocket in his trenchcoat. He loaded the flower into the small grinder, put the top on, and began to churn at the device like an old mortar and pestle. "Flower, meet grinder. Grinder, meet force. Open sesame. Place. Pack. Voila."

While he continued his brief explanation, V spun the middle part of his grinder open, took a pinch of ground up pot, placed it down into the opening of G's pipe, and packed it down tight with the bottom of a bic lighter. As he said, "voila" he was handing the packed pipe back to G.

"I'm Vassilios, by the way," He said, pointing to himself, pointing to the small, dirty-blonde haired girl beside him. "This is Miranda. We're...new friends of Crood's."

"Friend, as a loose term," Miranda explained, leaning past Vassilis to speak to G. "Acquaintance is a bit much, even."

G watched attentively, learning the art of preparation from the new found teacher. It looked easy enough for her to do it on her own, wondering why she never learned to in the first place. She would however, need a Christmas themed grinder. With a smirk on her face, she took the prepared pipe and began to take the first puff from it. To her small surprise, she could feel a small hint of a peach flavor in her mouth, probably why the name of the herb. She exhaled, releasing the smoke up into the air before nodding in approval. She offered it to Vassilios and Miranda while replying to them.

"I'm pretty sure you're like family to Crood now. He tends to adopt people, I'm one of them." She lifted her right hand and then pointed down at herself. "Still pretty new also, but he seems to be so easy to... trust." She turned for a minute as someone handed her a typical red cup. She took a quick look inside and then took a sip from it. "I managed to hide the fact that I am a student here and Crood flipped that over quickly, he even goes to my house often, something I never imagined doing." She offered her drink to Miranda and then pointed at V's hand. "Did you get into a fight or something?"

"Cut it while cooking," V lied, holding the wrist of his wounded hand in the other, wincing a little bit as he remembered his protracted fight just a few hours prior. "When I'm cutting open avocado I hold it in one hand, dig into the pit with the blade, then spin the avocado around on the knife until I can pull it apart into halves. This time I...rushed it a bit."

At least that part wasn't a lie; he'd definitely rushed it. He was lucky he wasn't waking up with a bullet half-pushed out of his dented skull. As he finished explaining, he took G's peace pipe offering, took a hit, and enjoyed the feeling of fresh smoke filling his lungs, burning away at his throat.

"Hell, it's just lucky he even knows what an avocado is," Miranda joked, accepting G's red-cup gift, eyeing it a little as well, and drinking. "I've met a few English majors in my time — it's always a miracle if they can survive on more than coffee and cigarettes,"

"Oh, I've done that plenty, trust me," V said, swapping G's pipe for the red cup, giving the pipe to Miranda and acting as the drink's conduit back to G. "But after a while, eating the paper on those cigarettes starts to make you a little sick."

"You're obnoxious." Miranda said, taking her hit as she shook her head in mock disgust.

"This doesn't seem much like your scene," Vassilis said to G, pointing out the obvious. "Crood's not holding you hostage, is he?"

"He means besides extorting you into buying drugs." Miranda chimed in.

"Cutting an avocado?" G laughed a bit, thinking it was a dumb way to get injured, considering she helped her mom cut avocados before and it was pretty simple. "Well at least you're extending your diet." She took the drink back into her hands and looked towards Crood, the man making sure nobody took too much of the Killer Peach. "Yeah it isn't." She replied looking a bit more serious on the matter. "I don't really have a scene that isn't outside my apartment." She finally made eye contact with V and Miranda. "I love my fans but at the same time get a little annoyed that they want so much attention from me. So anywhere I go, I have to be ready to take selfies, sign shirts, record audios and stuff, it's annoying so I prefer to lay low." Her smile finally returned, "But I figured might as well make the best of it and here I am! Hanging out with my dealer and his..." She playfully pointed at Miranda. "Acquaintances. So English major and what else we got here? Art? Biology? Avocado cutting experts? We could use one of those." She hinted towards V's hand with her eyes.

Crood winked towards the small group G had began to conversate with, like a father watching his son ride a bicycle for the first time, he smiled and nodded with his arms crossed, while slapping away a hand that tried to get more Killer Peach.

"Oh, I'm the English major," Vassilis clarified, pointing a curved thumb back at himself. "She's—"

"A Music major," Miranda finished, putting the back of a hand under her chin. "Studying classical composition, orchestra conducting and sound engineering.

"What about you?" Vassilis asked the apparently-wealthy streamer-girl. "People gotta be bothering you for hours in between classes. You must really like being at U Pi if you're putting up with all that...or is it obligation?"

"Give the girl a break, V," Miranda begged, poking V in the side of his temple, buzzing around like a persistent mosquito. "She was just telling us about people bothering her and now you're giving her the tenth degree. Lay off a bit."

"You're right," Vassilis relented, turning to poke Miranda back. He poked her between the eyes, just hard enough to send her toppling over from her precarious position. "Sorry, G, didn't mean it that way."

G went silent for a few seconds before replying back. "Wait no, he's right. Now that I think about it, I do come off as a show off and that must be really annoying." She took a long drink from her cup. "I'm in programming, most of my work, home work and projects are done from the commodity of my home so it fits perfectly well." She gave a shy smile before continuing. "And I use a wig and glasses." She laughed at her own words a bit, "Now that I think about it is kinda dumb. What would you guys do?" She stretched her hand out for Rudolph. "Go around promoting yourselves or hide? Like if you were super famous though, I'm famous amongst gamers and stuff, but not with people who expertly cut avocados, right? So if you were like rockstar famous, Kanye level, how would you go about your regular life?"

"Well I think everyone handles their own fame differently, right?" Miranda pointed out, trying to take the middle ground. "Even if I were some minorly famous member of - like - the Boston Pops or something, I don't think I'd take too well to people approaching me in the street. Not all of us are six-foot-plus and do karate or whatever."

Being the six-foot-plus lug with a decent background in martial arts, Vassilis shrugged and smirked at Miranda before turning back to G.

"I didn't mean to imply you were a show off, really, so sorry. I was just wondering what compelled you to stay in school in spite of the fame," He apologized sincerely, trying a little to explain himself. "Because my answer to your question is even someone minorly famous is no longer living "a normal life." So if I were Kanye level, well, I'd probably be as batshit insane as he is, to be honest. If I were to try what he does, I'd be institutionalized. He does it and he's eccentric."

"It's fine, we're just having a conversation right?" G smiled while taking a sip from her drink, "Although I do agree, Kayne might not be thinking right." She took the opportunity to change the subject, trying to place the focus on someone else. "So karate? How did someone who practices karate cut their hand while cutting and avocado?" She wasn't sure if the alcohol or the Killer Peach was kicking in, but she was determined to find out about the mystery of the injured hand. "Can you show us the wound? I always found those stuff gross but I always have the curiosity to see them, you know?"

Crood had put away the Killer Peach now and converted to talking to the others while making some sort of new roll. The idea seemed that two people would smoke it at the same time, while lighting up four different ends.

"If you're into that sorta thing, I guess," Vassilis shrugged, turning back to Miranda to look for a response from her. When the tiny, music major just shrugged and went about drinking whatever little booze she'd tucked into the party with her, Vassilis relented and unwrapped his bandage. "And it's not karate, exactly. I've trained in a few different martial arts since I was, like, 10. Whatever was available, yaknow? Jiu Jitsu, Krav Maga, Hung Ga, that sorta stuff. Don't make me King Shit with a kitchen knife in my hand, sadly."

He unwrapped the bandage pretty quickly; he'd fixed it fresh after his pre-party, quick shower. It still seemed like it was bleeding a bit, working on clotting altogether, though it didn't look quite as bad as Vassilis was expecting. Though it looked much more like a puncture than a slice.

"Yeah, normally I get the tip of the knife into the pit, but I went a little high," He motioned with his hands to try and explain the incident; imaginary knife in one hand, imaginary avocado in the other. While he rolled the fake fruit around in his palm, a little over halfway through the exercise, his palm drifted just a bit too close to the tip of the pretend knife, its edge caught deep in the play-pit V had created. "Ever do a thing one-hundred times? And ninety-nine of those times you do it as you always do, and it's all fine. Then the one-hundredth time you do the same ol' shit, and get burnt?"

He held up his hand to emphasize.

"Well, I got a bit burnt." Vassilis punctuated his explanation as he moved to re-wrap his hand.

"Wait, you've cut open one-hundred avocados?" Miranda asked, in surprise amazement. "I think that deserves a gold star mister!"

"Yes he does!" G quickly followed up with Miranda, trying to forget the open wound she just saw. "But I am out of gold stars at the moment, but we could go..." She paused and looked into her purse. "We could go get 43 dollars worth of drinks, and of course get one of those really heavy shots for our expert fighter here." She finished her drink, so she wouldn't have to walk around with it. "Probably some snacks also, I feel like this Killer Peach is going to be one of those that kicks in without a warning, that or I just wasted four hundred bucks on peach scented garlic." She took out the cash and offered it to Miranda and V. "You guys get the drinks and I will go to the Circle K around the corner. Anything you guys want to munch on specifically? Doritos, Cheetos, ice cream?" She stood up and waved at Crood, making signals with her hands that she was stepping out to go get food.

"Oh, make sure to get me something, not that heavy? I have a stream tomorrow and it sucks when I have to do it with a hangover." With those last words she left the room, making her way downstairs, where she stopped to check her messages, some friend request from her new League of Legends friends and from Crood, who had taken pictures while she was upstairs and with the message 'Her first day in kindergarten.'

Last edited:
A little perplexed by the offered cash, Vassilis watched G as she left the room in what seemed to be utmost urgency. If he were her, that would be his subtle excuse to leave and not return. What truly confused him was the money. He and Miranda shot each other a nervous look, eyeing the cash and then each other. Eventually after a few seconds, Miranda curled the money up and put it in the pocket of her denim shirt.

The pair stood up, and for the first time, the height difference between them really came into perspective. His being close to six and a half-feet tall versus her being a little over five-feet, it looked like she would need a step-ladder to reach him if she needed to.

"Fe-fi-fo-fumb," She said, hunching over a bit and stomping toward the door like a dungeon troll. "Some-one get me a shot of rum."

"What are you on, girl?" He asked, the question lost to the sound of the party thumping through the pot room door.

The pair walked down the steps side-by-side, passing by the people in line for the upstairs bathroom.

They, too, found themselves in line - thankfully a much shorter one - for the drinks G requested they purchase. After several seconds distracted by the loud music, Vassilis could feel the short, gremlin woman's eyes boring into the side of his skull. Stepping forward closer to the bar that awaited, he leaned in toward her a little bit. Miranda took a quick step back, though it seemed like a small flinch.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"What are you doing?" She asked?

"What?" He asked, almost yelling to make himself heard.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" She repeated, raising her voice as well.

"I don't hear so good," He pointed to his ears. "I had to get closer to hear what you were saying."

"I wasn't saying anything." She said.

"I thought you were going to." V explained with a shrug.

Before Miranda could explain, though the bartenders beckoned them forth. With G's money the duo invested in a beer, a couple jello shots and a shot of liquor for each of V, G, Miranda and Crood (with $15 left over for the kind donor), making sure to grab a cup of the jungle juice as well. With their arms near overfilled with a vast array of the party's available drinks, V and Miranda made the precarious trip back up the stairs and into the pot room.

Not much had changed about the room in their absence, except for one major change — the trio who'd taken up almost the entire couch earlier had vacated, making room in the circle to partake in Crood's special joints (oh yeah...he made a couple more). Seizing the opportunity, Vassilis dropped off Crood's goodies to him in the center of the circle - like the sun in the middle of the Sol System - much without stopping. He had his eyes set on the couch, plopping himself down on the center cushion. Miranda joined him with similar haste, placing the remaining drinks down and setting herself on the far cushion before spinning around and laying her legs across V's lap and cutting off access for a third person to sit down.

"To save a seat for G, if she wants it." Miranda grinned, thinking herself sly.

"I couldn't imagine it being for any other reason." V return the grin with a goofy smirk, before raising his beer cup to his lips and taking a good, long drink.

I got out of bed for this?

Hugo dragged his feet, trailing behind the trio of his closest friends who were becoming increasingly more annoying each minute. He had been running on fumes the last few days, trying to figure out some new treatment plan as he was now suddenly thrust into the role of a substitute for the recently deceased great doctor and Hugo’s personal mentor: James Peach. All he wanted was time alone to recuperate from his week at work, but apparently his friends deemed it best to force him into the college strategy of drinking and smoking his way through his problems. Normally, Hugo wouldn’t be opposed to this approach, but tonight the mind numbing conversation of his friends actively tormented his brain with subjects that seemed excruciatingly menial compared to what he had to deal with at work.

First there was Skyler, the tall blond who, for the hundredth time, was explaining that some streamer he watched was going to be at the party and what the game plan was if they met her.

“So the I’ll take her to ice cream, walk her home like a gentleman, and the next thing you know she’s calling and asking when the second date is.”

Fool proof, the guy who hasn’t gotten laid this whole summer is gonna turn it around with some D-list celebrity.

“This girl better be hot as fuck, otherwise I’m gonna kill you. You know EZ is having an abar right? There’s gonna be tons of girls there and I could’ve gotten you all in, but noooooo, we gotta come all the way to the fucking English department so you can simp for some weird E girl you’ve never even met.”

That was Caden. With his green eyes and flowing hair, he looked like he walked straight out of a California Tiktok account, and while he was normally Hugo’s closest friend, tonight has was getting on his nerves more than ever. Last year Caden had gotten into the top fraternity on campus: a fact that he constantly needed to remind people of as he bore an embroidery of their letters on his shirt.

I swear if I hear one more thing about that frat… Hugo’s fist clenched, but before he snapped, Jean interjected.

“Wait, you’re in a frat?” He said with perfect deadpan sarcasm, enough for Skyler and Hugo to pick up on and grin, but not enough for the buzzed and often dense Caden to initially detect.

“Duh, you idiot. I’m in EZ, we’re the top hou….” The group passed under a streetlight, causing his voice trail off as a soft yellow glow illuminated the smirks on the group’s faces. “Fuck, you guys are assholes.”

The other two burst out laughing and for the rest of the walk ripped on Caden with their best dumb frat guy impressions.

I’m definitely Ubering back.

Though soon enough, Hugo was saved from the senseless chatter with the sound of a loud bass combined with the familiar scent of weed, alcohol, and repressed sadness all mixed together.

“This is the place, remember guys be on your A game, split up, talk to people, and…” Skyler wrapped his arms around the group “…if any of you see G, TEXT ME IMMEDIATELY.”

“Rodger”

“Sir yes sir!”

Like a football team breaking from a huddle they all scattered in different directions. Skyler ran to the backside of the house, figuring a celebrity would be hanging out somewhere low key. Jean made his way over to a group of finance guys he recognized from class, and Caden was already flirting outside the entrance with a cute blonde girl that seemed to have come out of nowhere.

I could leave now and they’d never know…

Hugo told himself and pulled out his phone to call an Uber, but in doing so he accidentally turned on its flashlight that illuminated a thin piece of plastic in front of him.

Maybe one of those idiots dropped something. He picked it up and inspected both sides, it was clearly a student ID, but which dipshit forgot it? Using his thumb he wiped off the dirt covering the picture.

Shit.

It didn’t belong to any of his friends, rather it was a girl who he had never seen before. Normally, he wouldn’t have minded that, finding a pretty girls lost item was an effective, albeit cliché way of making an introduction, but on a night when he just wanted to go home there wasn’t anything he could imagine worse than being burdened with having to find someone to return their item, not to mention this was on top of the “G” girl he was supposed to find.

Fuck. Just gonna find this… he scanned the name… Elizabeth then get out of there quick.

Begrudgingly he made his way to the front door where a buff man in a black hoodie blocked the entryway.

“You got a student ID?”

Damn, they brought a bouncer to this thing? With Elizabeth’s dirt covered ID in his left hand, and feeling too lazy to reach across his waist and fish out his ID from his left pocket with his non dominant right hand, Hugo quickly scanned the bouncer in hopes he could find a way out of it.

The bouncers own ID was sticking out of his front right pocket, revealing a ‘Ke’ and what looked to be the beginning of a diagonal slant, and a little lower on his waist a few golden-tan hairs clung onto his thigh right where Hugo’s own dog liked to often rest her hair.

“Come on Kevin, it’s me. I just stepped out for a bit, now can you let me back in?” He put on his most casual voice, trying to make it sound like they were well acquainted.

“I’m sorry, who are you?” The man didn’t budge, looking a bit perplexed as though he was racking his head for a memory of the boy to confirm Hugo’s story.

“For real Kev? It’s Hugo. We talked about your dog, she’s a golden right?”

“Oh, yeah. It’s a he, but yeah, I remember you.” Clearly lost in confusion and embarrassed by Hugo’s confidence and accurate guesses to back it up, the man moved to the side and let him in.

Damnit, keep the guesses vague next time

“Ah my bad, I got a girl dog so I always say ‘she.’ Anyway thanks man, let’s get a drink sometime.” Hugo pat the man on the back to really sell their friendship and made his way into the party.

Ladies and gentlemen, employee of the month.

However, he didn’t get to relish in his success for long. During his mini con Hugo forgot that he was essentially breaking into somewhere he didn’t want to be. Blaring music rattled his head and flashing lights nearly blinded Hugo enough that he almost wasn’t able to sidestep a drunk man stumbling towards him that crashed into the floor instead.

Close call. He whistled as he stepped over the collapsed body. Had he thought the man was in any real danger he would’ve stopped to help out, but he was fairly certain he was drunk enough to not even feel pain.

I’m glad I didn’t wear anything too nice. Hugo thought as he pushed his way through the crowd, fairly certain he would have to replace the navy blue blazer he was wearing over his gray hoodie. He looked around for a few minutes, scanning the dance floor and the line for the bar to no avail until he felt safe concluding that she was nowhere on the floor.

Guess it’s further into the belly of the beast for me. Hugo headed over to the staircase, almost missing the girl standing nearby texting on her phone. He wouldn’t have paid her any mind but a flash of light highlighted the streak of blue hair that accented her natural black color. He looked at the ID once again to confirm the matching blue hair.

“Hi, sorry to interrupt.” He tapped the girl’s shoulder to get her attention, feeling it was more appropriate than yelling over the music. “Is your name Elizabeth? I think you might’ve dropped this outside.”

G was just done sending an angry text to Crood when she had asked him not take any pictures when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up to see someone offering her an ID. It took a few seconds of blankly looking at the guy before her brain brought up the reminder that she had lost her ID.

"Yes! Thank you!" She finally replied taking the ID quickly and putting it in her purse. Then her brain went from relaxed to panic, how much did he read off it? Did he make a copy, take a picture? In how much danger was she? Before she could think of what to say, her brain spat out the similar questions. "You know my name, but what else did you..." She figured that wasn't the type of conversation to have in the middle of a party. "Follow me."

G grabbed him by the forearm, pulling him close so it didn't look like she was kidnapping him, but more like they were walking together, one faster than the other. She pushed through the crowds, seem eyes on her, some surprised and some seemed to be happy for Hugo. After jumping over a fallen drunk and telling the bouncer they would be back, she stopped at the sidewalk. The fresh air hitting her a bit too hard, but she did her best to stay cool.

"Sorry, how much information did you get from my ID? I need your complete honesty on this, um... What's your name?"

“I-“ Hugo couldn’t get a word out before the girl took his arm and began pulling. He probably could’ve fought back a bit, but she seemed to be heading outside which was exactly where he wanted to be so he followed along without much resistance. It wasn’t long until he was back on the sidewalk where we was just a few minutes ago, passing Kevin on the way out who shot an impressed look at his quick work.

“My name’s Hugo.” He replied, waiting a second to respond to her as he processed his shock from the entire strange situation.

“And look Elizabeth, you seem…” insane? Crazy? Weird as hell? “….nice, but I’m not sure what we’re doing out here. It’s a student ID, there’s no need to panic. It’s not like I got your address or anything it’s just your name and ID number, plus I hardly remember them. Besides, what’s the big deal? Are you a spy or something?” Elizabeth Elric, 4789476. He lied, perfectly recalling each, though he opted not to leave out that fact since it was more likely to be assumed as creepy rather than his natural gift towards memorizing numbers.

Wait… Elric. Elizabeth Elric, that sounds a lot like… Elvis Elric! Holy shit, could they be related?!

He looked her up and down, as if investigating for clues. Just when he had given up, his eyes caught the gaze of her blue ones and he starred into them for a moment. Primarily because her pupils were dilated like crazy and her sclera had a pinkish tint, but also because their icy blue color was a trademark trait of the deceased scientist.

Alright, I know two things for certain. One: She’s gotta be related to Elvis somehow, maybe it’s supposed to be a secret. And two: If she is important and she’s this baked I definitely need to make sure she gets back safe to wherever she’s going. Let’s make this a win-win.

“Sorry about that, you must be a bit freaked out after all that happened. I swear I only really noticed your name because it reminds me of the name of this scientist I read about in class.” He lied again, during his childhood Hugo had read every piece of Elvis Eldric research papers he could get his hands on out of leisure, but that just made him sound nerdier than desired. “Anyway, you seem like you’re in rough shape, can I help you with anything? Do you have a sobercab?”

G began to feel a bit uncomfortable with the guy looking her up and down and then locked on her eyes. Then again, she guessed anyone would take the moment to get a good look at her. Besides she had gotten her ID back and he seemed to be a nice person, but she needed to keep her identify secret, who knows what he could do with such information.

"Scientist? Yeah Elvis Elric, that's my dad, he was a bit famous." Plan failed. "Uh I actually need to go get food." She pointed in a random direction down the street. "You mind keeping this info a secret? I don't want people knowing who I really am. Because you know, there's weirdos out there."

She began to walk, slow, making sure the fresh wind didn't knock her over.

Damn, that’s awesome. I wonder if she has any other papers that he didn’t get around to publi-

“Woah there.” He snapped out of his daydream and rushed forward to stop a stumbling Elizabeth from falling to the ground, careful to only grab her shoulder.

“Where are you getting food from? Let me walk you there, it’s probably not safe for a girl be walking around alone this late.” He held out his right arm in the same way he did to escort and support elderly patients who had a hard time walking. “Besides, you already grabbed me once so you know I don’t bite.”

G laughed out loud, covering her mouth to avoid making a scene as she regained balance and grabbed a hold of Hugo's arm with both her hands. "I think there's a Circle K around here, but I don't need protection. I'm a strong independent woman. Gotta make my old man proud right?" She faked a smile as the thought of her dad made her choke up a bit. "But if you insist I could use help carrying the food back."

“Haha, I’d be happy to help.” Hugo smiled at her and began leading her along the walk. He remembered seeing the gas station on his way there. It wasn’t far, but he was fairly certain that a girl with her looks as high as she was would be in a bit of danger on her own, especially if she was the wealthy daughter of a famous scientist and businessman.

“Anyway, how come you’re so worried about your name? Is it just cause of your dad?”

G laughed, thinking he was not being serious but stopped when she looked at his face. "Really?" She stopped to make sure he got the message. "I'm G, famous video games streamer? If people knew I was the daughter of Elvis Elric and G, they would be all over me." She then continued walk. "Seriously you never heard of me? I might need to expand my profile."

“No way!” A mischievous grin broke out on Hugo’s face which then led to him bursting out laughing. “You’re that girl? That’s so funny! Hahahahahaha!”

The laughter continued on for nearly a minute before he calmed himself down. “No, haha, I had no idea who you are. Or, at least I didn’t until tonight. I guess one of my roommates is a big fan, the whole reason I’m at the party was to be his wingman for you.”

"Ah so you do know who I am, okay I'm feeling better now. I was starting to doubt my stardom." She stuck out her tongue playfully to go along with her sarcasm. "Here, I bet you're roommate is gonna flip." She too her phone out and took a quick selfie with him before handing him her phone. "Send it to yourself and then to your friend, you think he's going to flip?"

“Wow… I can’t thank you enough. This is a great gift.”

Hugo giggled like a little kid the entire time, taking her phone a texting himself the image before forwarding it to his roommate group chat with the caption “the search for ‘G’ is up to you guys, I might be gone for a bit ;)” feigning ignorance just to add insult to injury.

Caden was the first to respond, feeling the need to brag about his own success as well.
“Attaboy! Guess that makes two of us.”

Jean was next, “Ayeeeee, way to bounce back!”

Then silence

more silence

… the icon of three dots flickered on the screen, telling him the final roommate was typing. He could practically feel the recoil of Skyler’s furious button presses through the screen, but Hugo knew exactly what he had to do to put the final nail in the coffin.

“Sorry guys, phones about to die. Wish me luck and hopefully I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow.”

He shut off his ringer and put the phone in his pocket, feeling a barrage of vibrations, a result of Skyler’s viscous onslaught of texts. Just gonna let him torture himself.

“Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh after the week I had.” Hugo chuckled, starting to sound a little more like his usual self as led her to the entry of the convenience store. After swinging the door open, a little bell rang, alerting the overweight cashier of the twos presence.

“Bathrooms are closed for cleaning.” He grumbled, an instinctive reaction in response to one too many horror stories involving a young giggling duo walking into his store late at night.

“Yeah yeah, we’re just here for snacks…” Hugo turned back to G, “Speaking of which, they’re on me. I owe you for the pic”

“And by the way, if you wanted my number you could’ve just asked. But I’ll admit, that was pretty clever.” He said with a wink before turning to grab a bag of honey mustard Dot’s pretzels as a treat for himself.

G laughed along with Hugo, but was a bit disappointed she didn't get to see the results. She laughed at the short conversation between the cashier and Hugo, before grabbing a bag of Doritos. "Yeah, I got the best way to get digits. You think my dad was the only genius?" She pointed towards her head.

"So bad week?" She began going through the different selection of potato chips. "School already kicking your butt?" She tried to figure out what kind food the others would like, since the Doritos were specially for her.

“Well I’m honored the revered ‘G’ would take an interest in a humble serf such as myself.” He did a big showy bow and held it for a few seconds just to try to embarrass her.

“Haha, no. Classes are a breeze, just some… other stuff. I guess you could say my work life and personal life decided to team up and kick the shit out of me.” He let out a sigh, reminiscing over his trauma of the past few days. “Holy shit, are you gonna eat all of that!?” His eyes popped when he looked back to the girl who was carrying more food than she could possibly eat herself. Guess she’s really taking advantage of my offer to pay. Respect.

Elizabeth laughed and waved her hand like some queen while Hugo bowed.

"I can relate to that." G added the fifth bag into her arms. "Streaming, School and..." Wintry flashes into her mind. "...other stuff, keep me super busy. I have like no actual friends and rarely go out." She grabbed a bag of M&Ms before walking over to Hugo with a big smile. "I'm not eating all of this in my own! Just getting my selfies worth, and this is like with a 90% discount." She placed everything on the counter. "Want anything? My treat."

She made her way over to the slushy machine, getting two cups. "You like mixing flavors?" She called out. "I'm mixing flavors." She began pouring different flavored slushies into the cups, not waiting for a reply.

“I’ll just take blue, and don’t worry about it, it’s my treat. I know you’re probably rolling in it but my mom would kill me if she ever found out I let a girl pay for me.”

He set his bag of pretzels on the counter along with a Twix bar next to Elizabeth’s mountain of snacks.

“These and the two slushies please.” He handed his black credit card over to the cashier.

“That’ll be 37.50”

“Perfect, thanks. Could you bag it please?”

“Yeah, no problem.”

Armed with bags containing bags of snacks in each hand, Hugo turned around and called for the girl, who, like any high person, seemed to be taking about double the normal time to finish a simple task. “Come on your highness, the chariot awaits!”

He leaned backwards into the door, causing the bells to jingle once again as the crisp air rushed in.

“Oh yeah, this is for you. Thanks for the help.” He fished the Twix bar out of one of the bags and tossed it to the cashier. “Have a nice night!”

G place two straws in each slushy, just in case people wanted to share. She held one in each hand, thinking how it was silly she felt them cold. She walked past the cashier, giving one of those "What's up" nods before taking Hugo's offer and stepping outside.

"What major did you say you were into? For someone who has read my father's work, I'm guessing something to do with it. Nano technology? Computer systems? Mechatronics?" She took a big slurp from her purplish icy treat. "I have some of his unpublished papers saved back at home, I hope to finish them one days, but I'm not as smart. I can't understand some of the stuff or where he was going with them."

I knew it! She has the papers, that’s awesome!

“Actually I’m in a pretty different field. I’m double majoring in chemical and biomedical engineering and am doing my minor in genetics. I just read a few of his papers for their potential medical applications. Nanotechnology is gonna change the field when it gets approved.” Normally Hugo kept his majors a secret from girls out of fear of coming off a bit too nerdy, but Skyler had dibs so there was no chance for a future anyway. “Also, I can’t promise I’m any smarter, but if you ever want someone to help explain the papers to you I’d be happy to take a look.”

He grabbed his slushie and took a big sip, sending chills down his spin and a pain in his head.

“Ah… brain freeze. I don’t know how you aren’t colder out here.” He rubbed his temple and gave himself a moment to recover. “Anyway, what’re you studying? Or even better, why do you go to school? If you’re that big of a streamer you’re probably making more money than any job you’d get with a degree.”

G stopped sipping from her slushy, to make it look like she couldn't take the cold either. She wasn't sure if it was the Killer Peach in her system but for some reason Hugo seemed like a trustworthy person or maybe she just really needed someone to talk to. "Only if you promise not to take any of his ideas..." A flashback of Cornelius Long popped into her head. "I wouldn't mind getting help with his last projects, just need people I can trust you know?"

"But we can discuss that some other time, I'm in programming, trying to live up to my father I guess. Right now being a streamer is going great, but I doubt it can last forever, one day they're gonna start demanding more you know? An onlyfans or something like that and that's a limit I don't want to cross, it just wouldn't be me. If people want to watch me play video games, great, if not, well I don't want to depend on them if I get to eat that week or not." She went back to her purple cold beverage.

The reminder of how a lot of her dad's work was taken by someone who was supposed to be his best friend began to ring in her head. Maybe her dad was too trusting, but she doubt she would ever be able to complete her father's work, giving it away to the right person could be a better option than just keeping it hidden, besides all he wanted was to improve the world they lived in.

"This is weird." She giggled as she set her icy blue eyes on the sky. "I usually don't talk to people about this stuff."

“Haha well I’d love to help, but really it’d be great enough to just be able to read them. You could take all the credit if I ever built anything but I doubt I’d be able to.“ He continued walking in stride with the girl, laughing at her comment about onlyfans while thinking to himself that she would probably be able to make pretty good money on it then smiling sympathetically at the mention of her concerns with streaming and her confession.

“Yeah. I bet it’s hard to be yourself when the whole world expects you to be another thing.” He sighed during his answer, feeling the weight of the words relate to his own responsibility. Even now, when all he wanted to do was lie in bed, pet his dog, and grieve the death of Peach, he had to go to a party to support his friend and then ended up helping out a random high girl.

The familiar scent of a college party interrupted his thinking and he turned to the girl. “Well it looks like we’re here, it was nice meeting you Eli- I mean G. I’m probably gonna try to head out soon, so just let me know where I should bring the snacks.”

Last edited:
"Wait, your just gonna drop me off and leave?" G leaned her head back while squinting her eyes, trying to look suspicious but probably did it wrong. "You already got my number, the least thing you could do is stick around a bit, we can go prank your friend or something." She began looking for her school ID, since she would need it to get in. "The again you look pretty down, I can take the bags from here." She stretched her hands out to get the items from him. "Just let me know when you wanna look at my dad's work and I can send you the files or something. I copied everything he wrote on paper on to word documents, thought if I did that I would understand it better..." She nodded, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

The bouncer looked skeptically at the girl pleading in front of him.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be funny–trust me.“

Mylene flash her ID and followed up by an award-winning smile. Six parts cute innocence and four parts gremlin mischief; it was a smile she’d practiced a thousand times, and this wasn’t the first time she was using it to worm her way into (or out of) trouble.

He wasn’t buying it.

The thousand-watt smile on her face dimmed to sultry smolder—“I’ll make it worth your time.” She hooked her thumb backward, gesturing towards a wayward alley just a stone’s throw away…

Mylene wiped her lips as she emerged from the alley. She didn’t much like kissing, but she had to admit it was effective. Glancing around, Melty walked away. Behind her the bouncer lay slumped on the ground, pitching a wet tent and convulsing slightly.

Stretching slightly, Mylene flashed a signal with the light of her phone went to grab her prop—they’d spent way too much on this for it to not be good.

Bright light, blue and red, came flashing through the curtains, synchronizing with the deafening whirl of base-boosted sirens. Through the windows, came smoke grenades, filling the room with a hazy white fog.

“FBI, OPEN UP!” Heavy bangs shook the door, backed by a deep-voiced yell. A second later the door was bust open, and several people charged in. Hoisting their weapons, the invaders began to gun-down the partygoers with their party-poppers.

The theater club had arrived.

Instantly, Hugo was filled with regret upon realizing his gloominess had shone through, guiltily recalling one of Peach’s favorite adages: “A bad attitude is the worst disease.”

“Maybe I will stick around for a bit, college is supposed to be the best years of our lives, so I guess whatever not college-y thing I’d go do would have to be worse.” He put on a big smile and forced himself to relax a bit as he led G inside, pretending not to be bothered by the crowded room and blaring music.

“But we gotta watch out for my friend!” He almost needed to shout to be heard amidst the chaos. “As much as I would love to prank him, if he sees you he’s gonna be following you around all night! Anyway I-“

“FBI OPEN UP!”

Shit. Even though he hadn’t drank or smoke, Hugo’s programmed reaction to hearing cops at a party told him to run, but that wasn’t an option. Besides the fact that somewhere in the house he had three dipshit friends that were probably too intoxicated to fend for themselves, he also had to worry about the minor celebrity and child millionaire who was definitely high enough on something to cause a bit of a scandal. And after seeing her struggle to walk earlier, he knew there was no way they could make a run for it.

His eyes darted to the entryway, but behind the mob of panicked students who were probably all underaged, he couldn’t make out the front door from where the stood. Great, that means they can’t see us either. He noted a small broom closet to their left and grabbed G’s wrist and swiftly pulled her into the closet with him. It was a tight fit, and under normal circumstances he would’ve been ecstatic to be squeezed in this close to a girl who could easily model, but then and there all he felt was fear for her.

“Was the stuff you smoked laced with anything and are you holding any of it?” Facing G, he pushed an arm into the wall behind her to prevent falling into her and stared into her icy eyes that were surrounded by an incriminating pink. “You can get in big trouble for possession. The FBI’s here so if you’re holding you should give it to me and let me ta-“

Wait… the FBI? The initial panic wore off and Holmes had a moment to gather his thoughts Why the fuck would the FBI be here instead of cops?

His mind drifted back to chemistry lab from his freshman year, half paying attention to a story from his nerdy lab partner while he carried out a titration.
~
“So then we busted in and everyone panicked! It was hilarious.”

“Yeah… sounds wild.”

“It was, you know us theater kids, it’s go big or go home!” She flung out her arms with trademark annoying flare that matched her blazing red hair, bumping into Hugo’s arm and causing him to spill excess base all over the place. “Oops.”
~
”Those fuckers.” Hugo hissed and punched the wall. “Nevermind G, it’s a false alarm. Sorry.” He opened the door, now fearless of the fake threat.”

Sure enough, his suspicions were confirmed as popping streamers flew across the room upon his exit. Through the crowd he could see the familiar mess of red hair running towards him.

“Hey buddy! Long time no see, told ya our entrances are epic!!!”

Ugh… her toothy grin sent shivers down his spine and a mixture of garlicky breath and BO caused his nose to recoil and scrunch. Somehow in a matter of seconds he had gone from being inches away in solitude to the woman who held the affection of nearly every man at the party to being pressed by a girl that made his balls retract further into his body with every inch closer she got.

“Yeah… wild. Well we’re gonna go get a drink, have fun.” He yanked Elizabeth out of the closet and wrapped an arm around her, hoping to create an implication that would scare the red headed girl away.

“Oh, yeah, okay.” She stuttered and left looking a little disappointed.

Once he had saw her back fade into the crowd, Hugo took his arm off G and quickly switched tones. “I’m so sorry about that, it’s just… theater kids are the worst!” A grin broke out and he began laughing. “Sorry, sorry, sorry. I just can’t believe I feel for that for a bit! Let’s get a drink, what’re you having?”

G replied with a smile and planned to present Hugo to Crood, just to show she could make friends outside smoking weed. Which suddenly made her feel silly as they walked back into the house and she began to wonder when did she go wrong that something simple as making conversations was out of the ordinary for her. Her mind didn't have much more time to think, since as soon as she was going to suggest going to the bar...

“FBI OPEN UP!”

A moment of panic crept into G, if she was arrested while high, her career could make a bad turn, like Brittney Spears bad. Her slow sense were taking a while to process a reaction, thankfully though, Hugo was fast enough to pull her out of the crowd and into a small closet. She looked wide eyed at Hugo, who was looking back and she couldn't help but push back against the wall behind her. She felt her face start to turn red with embarrassment, did she really looked that high? What a first impression. She opened her mouth to try and answer the question thrown at her, but nothing would come out. To top it off, she flinched hard when Hugo punched the wall, her mind filled with confusion as she tried to process everything that was happening, leave it to a video game pro player to be lacking in reflexes.

She stood still in the closet while Hugo went out first, peeking out the door to see what he saw. It was then she realized it was all just a big joke and the laughter spreading across the party soon reached G. She began to giggle as she left the closet and leaned against Hugo, who seemed to be unhappy with a theater student. With a quick, "Bye!" to the red headed girl.

"You were so scared!" She pointed at Hugo and laughed, "You were oh no we're going to jail, give me the weed!" She placed her hands over her chest and feinted heart ache. "Oh my hero! Taking a bullet for me." She took a few moments to calm down and looked back towards the bar. "I got some friends to buy drinks already, we can go straight upstairs." She placed her arm around his and began leading him upstairs trying not to laugh at the people still confused by the incident. "Funny you asked about the weed, it's supposed to be this super new one called Killer Peach. Me and some friends are going to my apartment to smoke afterwards if you wanna join us." She shot him a smile as they reached the second floor. "Um..." She had forgotten which door it was. "Look for some dudes smoking..." She left him and made her way to the third door, bursting into laughter when she opened it and saw two people going at it, "Sorry!" She yelled at the before closing the door on their confused face.

"That one wasn't it..." She said while trying to keep herself from laughing, "I think this one is." She opened another door and the big cloud of smoking escaping confirmed her location. Her eyes set on the group she had left earlier and as if they didn't see her, she raised her hands so she could be noticed. "I brought snacks, slushies a new friend, I even avoided the FBI, what a night." She turned to Hugo signaling with her head to walk in. "Did you guys get drinks? I promised Hugo some."

Crood raised his arms as if making long distance high fives with G before he held up his new master piece, a six sided joint, as big as his hand and as fast as a small water bottle. "Just in time, this baby is ready to go!"

“Nah I wasn’t scared, I only offered to bite the bullet cause I figured it’d be nice to have a millionaire in my debt. Purely a business decision.” Hugo joked with a wink, though his jovial attitude quickly faded with her next few words.

“Killer Peach.”

The words caught him off guard. His slushee slipped out of his hand and scattered shards of blue ice all over the floor, but in the heat of a college party it went unnoticed.

Did I hear that right? No, I must be making stuff up. What’s that psych term for projecting your guilt and having it alter reality? Ugh I can’t remember, guess that’s what I get for skipping too much high school, but it’s hardly a real science anyway so who cares. I’m definitely just making stuff up. Come on dude, just relax.

Still, despite what the boy tried to tell himself, memories of his mentor, both pleasant and tragic flooded his head. He let himself get pulled by G, through the crowded and sticky dance floor, up the creaky stairs, past the room containing lovers. Hugo didn’t notice any of it. He wasn’t drunk or high, but in his completely sober mind the world just felt surreal. For a month his sense of loneliness, the constant feeling of being misunderstood, had faded in the presence of a mentor he could admire, but once again he was left on his own.

“Thanks, but I think I’ll haVe to passs….” His words trailed off at the end. By the time he had gathered himself up enough to talk Elizabeth had already dragged him to the smoky hell scape. As much as he enjoyed the occasional smoke with his friends, he wasn’t one to do it with strangers at a party. The appeal of the concept just always evaded him. Why would he want to get high with people he doesn’t know and probably wouldn’t like when he could just do it at home and guarantee a good time?

Refusing to get absorbed in the room, he stood in the doorway just so he could assure he was never more than a step away from escape.

Downstairs erupted into a short form chaos; a good deal of parties stormed out the backdoor from the kitchen as quick as they could — mostly drunk, scared freshman in fear of being caught underage drinking or taking illicit narcotics. Some of the more audacious in the party - tending to be upperclassmen aware of the theatre department's more grandiose eccentricities - chose to return the faux fight. One of the owners of the house grabbed several unopened bottles of champagne, popping their corks off like cannon-fire in retaliation to the theatre's "firearms".

"I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE GOT A FUCKING SMOKE MACHINE!" One of the party hosts called out - miraculously - across the house music which had quickly resumed once the threat of a police bust died down.

The smoke from the grenades mixed with the light shone off the disco ball spinning in the center of the dance room, forming a cornucopia of hazy beams and shards of color.

If the theatre kids had played a prank, the isolated stoners hardly knew it. Upstairs, the frantic screaming and stampeding of hurried feet in the onset of the craziness was no different than how the party sounded to them at any other time. Vassilis's ears perked up at the sounds of sirens nearby, on the streets outside, but before the possibility of police action (at the party or even just relatively nearby) cemented itself as a possibility in his head, the sirens were switched off — and the more frantic sounds downstairs ebbed, flowing back into the odd and horribly loud parity everyone had gotten used to.

V and Miranda continued monopolizing the couch, chatting about a score of different things; Crood, meanwhile, fashioned more and more complicated joints as if an engineering scholarship hinged on his absolute perfection. A buzz jolted through Vassilis's leg for a short second, to the point where he thought it had fallen asleep.

"That's me, sorry." Miranda said, pulling her phone from her pocket.

Swinging her legs off of him to sit up and attend to the text she'd gotten, Miranda gave an awkward sideways glance at V as she did; oblivious, Vassilis cleaned out his second cup and yawned, exhaustion from the long day beginning to set over him a little bit. Then, G made her reappearance.

Like an ambassador of good home, Vassilis bounced up from the couch with the remaining drinks in hand. The room spun for a split-second as V remembered the inordinate amount of alcohol he'd mixed into it in just a short period of time. Maintaining his balance, though, the inebriated immortal moved around one side of the circle over to G, drinks extended.

"We got basically a bit of everything they had," He explained, holding two large, red cups and two shot-glass-sized red cups in each palm. "The juice, jell-o shots. A beer. They said it's Modelo but I don't trust them. The regular shots. I got you tequila, G, hope that's alright."

G had also brought along with her the most uncomfortable looking boy Vassilis had seen in a long time — and he was at college, where a lot of people were that way. This Hugo had the look about him that he'd rather fade into nonexistence than drink jell-o shots at a party where it was hard to tell whether the floor was stained with mud or cigarette tar. Which, Vassilis had to admit, was probably the reasonable response to the scenario.

"Hi Hugo. Vassilis," He said, offering a quick introduction, giving the newcomer a second look as he did. "You got some...slushie on your pant leg, you know."

"Hi Hugo," Miranda said, appearing from behind V as if by teleportation. She brandished a flask from inside her sleeve. "I have some scotch here if you'd rather drink that."

"Wait don't you have a different flask?" V asked.

"That's bourbon." She said, pulling a larger flask from a coat pocket.

"What are you, the Doc Holliday of drinking?" Vassilis asked, both impressed and incredulous.

"Yeah, we're both sick as fuck," Miranda replied, holding her arms out like a flexing bodybuilder as she did, laughing all the while. "Sorry to cut this short, but I have to head downstairs to meet my girlfriend."

"Oh, cool, I was actually thinking about stepping outside for a cigarette, I could-" Vassilis started speaking as if he hadn't fully comprehended what Miranda had said, until about halfway through his sentence, when his voice trailed off from confident banter to utter confusion. Even as he kept speaking, his mouth seemed to hang open a little wider, his eyes seemed to blink twice as fast. "-I coooouuuuuld meet your girlfriend!"