• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Singles Showdown 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
SHOWDOWN_zps26e96ee0.jpg

Due to the increase in popularity of Pokemon Showdown for singles competition recently, I've decided to use it to hold the first 6vs6 singles tournament for Gen VI on 'Charms.

The rules are simple: Standard 6vs6 singles using Pokemon Showdown's OU rules. If you have any questions regarding those rules, I can do my best to answer them.

As stated, all matches will take place on Pokemon Showdown, Smogon's battle simulator. It can be either installed to your computer or used on your internet browser, and can be found here:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

If you wish to compete, simply post in this topic saying you wish to and you'll be signed up. Signups will finish on May 25th 2014, by which point you will all be expected to have your teams ready to battle. Since this will all take place on a simulator, you don't need to worry about EV training or breeding stuff - you just put your team in, items and moves etc. and you're good to go.

Same rules apply to this thread as all the other tournament signup threads; only queries or signups can be posted in this topic. Anything else will earn you a warning for SPAM.

The tournament's format is currently undecided and will be determined by the number of signups. If the signup number is rather low, it'll likely be a straight knockout-style tournament, while a Swiss tournament will be done if a high number of players compete.

So that's all there is to it. If you wish to compete, simply post here saying so, use the link given to access Pokemon Showdown and make your team!

Sign-ups:

- Shocari
- Tailon
- Dinova
- Kyubeon
- Rex
- Mr. RMA
- Psycho Monkey
- Ruko
- Dwayna DragonFire
- Ninetales and Jigglypuff
- Teapot
- Ekans

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yup, it's standard 6vs6 OU singles as you likely already know it.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Count me in for once! Showdown is the only place where I have a conceivable chance, so, I've got no reason to not give this a shot.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Of course I'm in!
Although I don't really think we need a month-long signup with a simulator that takes no preparation P:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The number of signups has almost reached a number high enough for a Swiss-style tournament to be used. If other players sign up to compete between now and the deadline, expect Swiss to be the format used.

If you've not got a clue what I'm talking about, this should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.