• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Contest #1: Trials in Rustboro City (Beauty and Coolness)

OOC:

Edit: 2/11/19:

Ok, full disclosure I did this out of orders. I made this post on the role play server BEFORE posting on the discussion board. The link to that thread will be made here:

https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-contest-1-trials-in-rustboro-city-beauty-and-coolness.20599/

I’m going to try and work this as a “gameplay” and roleplay contest. What I mean by that is that I am going to loosely adhere to the rules for Pokémon contests in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The moves you and your Pokémon use will want to follow the theme of the contest (beauty, tough, smart, cute, or cool) and moves will have an effect on your own Pokémon, your opponents’, and the judges (me).

So what moves and when to use them will make up a critical part of your success; that’s the “game play” half of this contest. The roleplaying and how you present the moves and your Pokémon is going to make up the other half. Now then, let’s get down to the rules, so we can get to the fun.

Rules and Process:

Stage 1: Registration and Introduction. (place on discussion thread, link above)

Please state the following on

Your Trainer’s name:

Your Trainer's Appearance:

The Pokémon (singular) you will be using, give a nickname if you’d like us to use that (at least for now, no legendary Pokémon or mega-evolutions):

The contest you wish to enter:

Extra facts you want us to know:

Stage 2: Introduction Round (Place on THIS THREAD)

Give your best entrance on stage and try to wow the crowd and judges right off the bat by giving the best introduction for your Pokémon.

You’ll be given a score based on this introduction from 0-10, based mostly on your roleplay, but also which Pokémon you use. After that, the first four people entering the same contest category will be selected and the contest will move into stage 2.

Stage 3: Talent Round

Like in the games, you’ll now be given five rounds to show off your most spectacular moves to wow the audiences and judges. Here’s how it’ll work:

Before each round, you’ll be given the order of when each Pokémon will perform and the crowd’s current excitement (0-5). After that, post the move that you used and roleplay how you used that move. It doesn’t matter the order of when you post, as after all 4 posts have been made for the round, I’ll give a brief summary in the order that was given to you; adding in any effects that may have enhanced or disrupted your performance. After this summary, you’ll each be given a score from -10 to 10, based on the move you used, how you roleplayed it, and miscellaneous factors. Then the cycle repeats, and performance order will be given based on who scored the most points for the last round (or if a move altered the order).

Please note that appeal and jam points for the move will be used as loose guidelines for how many points you earn or how hard you disrupt your opponent. However, combos and crowd excitement will work identically as the games: Combos giving 3 extra points and MAX crowd excitement giving 5 extra points.

After the 5th round, the points from your presentation round and each of the 5 talent round are added together. The top two scoring Pokémon will then proceed into the third and final stage:

Stage 4: ??????????? (To be explained after the first contest’s 2nd stage has completed)

Please feel free to ask any questions or if you need me to clarify the rules, let me know.

BIC:

Even among the bustle of Rustboro City, a pair of tents’ nearby lights and pumping sounds cut through the malaise of the industrial city. Yet above all this energy, a figure stood in center stage. Clad in jeans, an unbuttoned sleeveless vest, shining dark hair and darker aviator shades: he tapped an earpiece microphone set on his right ear and boldly announced as far as he could be heard, “Trainers and fans, rejoice! For it is the time you’ve all been waiting for: Hoenn’s contest season!” He then spun about and posed dramatically to the cries of fans.” Newcomers, veterans, fan favorites, dark Mudbrays: it’s everyone’s time to shine. But only the brightest, like muah, have the chance of making it to every star’s dream and every fan’s highlight: the Grandé Festival in Sootopolis City!” He stopped his speech to let the cheers of the crowd wash over him.

“As you all should know, I am the star that shines across this glorious time of year…” The man stepped up and struts to the left. “…the gravity that brings together talent across the world; to the world!” He then struts to the right. “The lightning that never struck twice: Alek “Star” Scott!!!” Alek then posed forward dramatically and the crowd then erupted into a storm of screams and swoons.

Alek put a single hand up to calm the crowd slightly and continued. “This is the first step in the stairway to stardom: Rustboro city. For many of you, you’ve waited for the day, the time, to let the world see you and your Pokémon as shining stars in the world. Well I am here to say that today is the day and now is the time for you, oh beautiful and bold, to take that step up! We’ll be hosting two categories today, winning either of which…” Alek pulled two ribbons from his pocket, one blue, one orange. “…will award you with a ribbon for you and your fabulous Pokémon!”

“Those of you with an eye for true Beauty, …” Alek gripped a love ball with a shooting star pattern from his belt and tossed it up high. Out in a shower of stars dropped a Clefable that spun, posed, and pointed to the left. “…shall take the path to the left into the blue tent. But those with a Cool demeanor; those who emit awesomeness without even trying…” Alek then presented an ultra ball with the same shooting star pattern, and with topspin behind it, rolled it out to his right. The ultra ball spun and finally opened up in a spiral of stars with a Hitmontop rapid spinning in the center. Alek then removed his sunglasses and with a glint in his stunning blue eyes, tossed them to the Hitmontop. The Hitmontop then stopped and posed on the ground, catching the sunglasses with one foot, putting them on, and then finally pointing his foot to the right. “…will boldly go the path to the right; into the orange tent. Regardless of the path you take, I hope you take that first step and I hope everyone else will catch every second of the action!” At that last word, fireworks shot up as the two Pokémon and Alek do one final pose under the erupting sky.

Last edited: