• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters Discussion

The Pokemon Masters League (PML) has become the main competitive scene across the world, making sync pairs rise up in every region. Practicing the original way of battling is still a thing, trainers still train a grand variety of Pokemon, but the results of unleashing a single Pokemon's potential has become more popular, even champions joined in. The Island of Paiso is still where the final tournament of the PML is held, but with a small twist. Trainers must now compete, battling other great trainers to qualify for the tournament. This involves in trainer battling GYM leaders to prove their strength, challenging Elite Four and even former Champions to get their names known across the world!

However not everyone is happy with the changes, some organizations believe tradition is superior above everything else and want to take down the PML...

Welcome to the rp! I am your host, All Mighty Powerful Hecotoro, but you can just call me Heco. The rp will be played with the idea of Pokemon Masters EX as the main core. So here are some things to consider:
  • Your characters can only have one partner Pokemon at a time, while it is possible to train more than one Pokemon, you will only be allowed to carry one at a time.
  • The strength of a sync depends on the strong bond between the trainer and the Pokemon. therefore they both have to get strong together. A newly caught Pokemon, no matter how strong it was in the wild, will not be able to compete with a fully trainer sync pair since the bond with the new trainer isn't strong enough. Not saying wild Pokemon are weak, some could easily overpower a newbie trainer and their partner.
  • In the game you can achieve Mega Evolution through the sync stone, however because of the site's rules, you must still get approved to be able to use a Mega.
  • Z-moves have not really been implemented in the game, as far as I know, since they are similar to sync moves, so we won't be using them here.
  • Your Pokemon can have four moves + their sync move like in the games.
  • Like the games, your sync pair will only have one weakness, might give some Pokemon a chance to shine!
  • Also like in the games, your Pokemon can only have up to two different types of moves, for example Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Leer and Potion is okay, Flamthrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Potion is not. This is so we don't have everyone running coverage for every single type.
  • You are able to change moves as your Pokemon evolve and you can create your own sync move, remember these moves will only cause damage, so the option to make your own is just to give it your own personal touch.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember at the moment so feel free to ask anything! Now for the rules:

• Charms rules apply!
  • PG-17, oh yeah we going from kissing on the lips to kissing with tongue, maybe even exchanging cooking recipes!
  • Three characters max! Since the tournament involves 3 versus 3 battles, you are welcome to create your own team, but this won't be necessary until endgame.
  • You are allowed to use characters from the games, but please try and stay in character, also the character cannot be legend or champion tier.
  • Power levels are awful, but please consider that your newly caught Mawile might not be able to defeat an experienced Blastoise, of course you can always put on a good show!
  • Please include in your bio which region you would like the rp to take place, I love Johto so any "I don't care" vote will be going towards Johto.
  • Be nice and help each other out!
  • I know new Pokemon are being announced for the Arceus game, but let's wait until the game is out to actually use one, just to avoid any confusions.
  • You are able to own more than one Pokemon at the start, but remember you can only have one at a time during the rp, just make sure to include them all in your bio.
Name:
Hometown:
Personality:
Appearance:
Background:

Pokemon:
Species:
Name:
Moves:

That's it, I think. I will start the rp later down the week, thanks for joining or at least reading this far!

Last edited:
I might be interested in joining this RP despite having not played the game, I hope that isn't too much of a problem.

Also, one thing I really liked was the characters having different suits (Sygna suits I think they were) while having cool Pokemon by their side, will that stuff make an appearance within this RP?

I'll most likely use my OC for this.

Name: Brian Killian
Hometown: Opelucid City, Unova
Personality: Brian is a kind, polite and friendly individual who tries to behave like a gentleman, especially toward women. He has a good sense of humor and rarely gets angry... although when he does, he can be very cruel and terrifying. He also cares deeply for his Pokemon as if they were his own children and would do anything to protect them. He also chose to train with only Psychic types like his father who was a gifted fortune teller and through this, has a strong belief in destiny, despite that, he's no stranger in believing people can choose their own fate.
Appearance: His consists of a Black t shirt underneath a Fuchsia knee long closed trench coat with a White scarf, Dark brown pants, Black boots and a Fuchsia trilby hat.
Background: Born in Unova between a Female Pokemon Veteran and a gifted Fortune Teller with great Psychic abilities to see the future that his family had for generations. Brian unfortunately didn't posses his father's gift, but he and his mother raised him well nonetheless. As Brian's childhood went by, they began to realize that he was a lot more like his mother; Someone who loved Pokemon and battling with them considering how often Brian battled with his mother's beloved Arcanine. One day he was gifted a Pokemon egg which soon hatched into the Ralts that became his first partner Pokemon. His father ended up having a vision that involved Brian "Reaching a new height as a Pokemon trainer", so Brian decided to travel the world and train to live up to his father's prediction.

Pokemon: Gallade
Type Weakness: Ghost
Moves: Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Potion, "To our Destiny!" (Sharply increases speed, Raises the user's Atk and Def)
Sync Move: Path Carver - A greatly empowered version of Psycho Cut.

Last edited:
Name: JC Wolfa
Hometown: Alola, Iki town
Appearance: She is a light skinned young lady with a well feminine build that is 5’3 in height. She has dark brown long hair pulled up in a high ponytail with a dark purple ribbon tied to it. She has light blue eyes, right blind which her bang covers. She wears glasses upon her face with bandages on her wrists and ankles and along her stomach which is hidden. She wears a black tank with a shirt that only covers her left shoulder with the tank strap shown on her right shoulder as in the front it says “No Judgmental comments” in light green, blue and purple coloring. She wears black Capris pants with black flats on her feet as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. She wears a white wolf blue-streaked mask to hide her facial appearance.
Personality: JC is quite distant who is slightly stubborn which can be a pain to handle but, despite her stubbornness, she is a gentle young lady that will judge no one no matter who they are. She is also stern and will protect those close to her as if her life depends on it.
Background: As a child, she was always being chased down because of her very rare ability at the age of 6. She lost her father at a very young age in a fire which caused her to get into a very grieving state. She only had her mother, her eldest brother Shadow, and of course Blue, her shiny Eevee as her comfort support. She had to constantly move around from region to region for her own safety as her rare ability only got stronger as she grew more older. Eventually, she was able to settle after discovering that she had a lost sibling named Soren at age 11 along with the discovery of Blue’s two lost sisters. She eventually discovered herself that her rare ability was that she understood Pokémon by feeling and emotion even through voice by understanding Blue. Thanks to her family’s support, she was able to pull through her grief and only became stronger but did a change in herself by wearing a white wolf blue-streaked mask to cover her facial appearance. At the age of 15, she became the Undefeated trainer with her all dark type team and earned the title of being undefeatable due to her strategic mind and how the trainers she battled couldn’t figure out her battle strategy even the ones that were her weakness. Now 19, she is looking other challenges to face to only become stronger.

Pokemon: Umbreon
Species: Shiny
Name: Blue
Type Weakness: Fairy
Moves: “Lunar Armor”(Sharply raises Sp Def of the user, gives an extra speed boost to the user and ally that is battling to assist it), Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse
Sync Move: Glowing Toxic Fear
Other: She wears a black and blue flower on her right ear

Hopefully this is good let me know if I need to change anything ^-^

Last edited:
Yeah SygnaSuits should be a big thing now since it's a world wide competition.

@EeveeBlueSisters some things we might need to change, being an undefeated champ might be a rank too high, maybe an undefeated trainer, but a champion wouldn't make sense to team up with other lower tier trainers.
We only have one type weakness, so either fairy or fighting.
Also, we can only have up to two different types of moves, like for the moveset you chose an example would be Shadow Ball, Dark pulse, Curse and Spite. That way you only have dark and ghost.

Besides that it looks great!

Lunar armor is awesome! It doesn't have to be your sync move though.
The sync move is like a z move, except it doesn't give boosts, just hits really hard, so you can create your own. I recommend looking some up on YouTube to get an idea.
Otherwise, those four moves are great!

I was waiting for this to get some traction, I hope this is good.

Name: Firey Seth Argentston
Hometown: Oldale Town, Hoenn
Personality: He is Serious from his time as the only male in the house, Stern with his bond Pokémon. He can be Kind and caring, but he rarely shows those.
Appearance: Firey is known to wear a nice blue collar shirt and dark pants and shoes, with a grey cloak, that has green on the inside. He usually keeps the hood up. His blue eyes would show, and medium length grey hair if he removed his hood.
Background: He was born in Oldale town, Hoenn to Seth Argentston and a woman named Adrianne, when he was five, his father, Seth, who was working for Looker at the time, died on a mission. He helped his mom until he was thirteen, which was when she died to illness, he started traveling at that point and met Ariana in Hoenn, he went to Unova with her, and Met Nightmare as a Larvesta, He eventually evolved to Volcarona in a time of need, saving both his trainer and Ariana from a Hoard of wild Watchog. That event would be noticed, and he trained to improve his bond with Nightmare. After that, he got the calling for Pokémon masters.

Pokemon
Species: Volcarona
Name: Nightmare
Type Weakness: Rock
Moves: Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, and Potion
Sync Move: Flames Of the Insect
Notes: Kept in a Red Pokeball with a blue star.

Name: Ariana Meghan Montgomery
Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova
Personality: She is shy at first due to events and a case of anxiety when she was younger. Once you get past that, she can be very sweet, caring, Kind and helpful.
Appearance: She stands about 5'4", with platinum blonde to her the bottom of her rear, it is kept in one braid as to not get in the way as much, her eyes are a bright shade of green, as she is of a hourglass figure, with a wider than average waist. She commonly wears a long dark skirt and a bright yellow shirt, she wears traveling shoes that are bright in color. She can sometimes be seen wearing Firey's cloak. There is a scar that runs from the right side of her chest down to the left side of her hip from trying to Scare off a wild Feraligatr.
Background: She was born in Nimbasa City to Drake Montgomery, she had a good childhood until her twin brother died, that event caused the Case of Anxiety. Her anxiety was so bad, she ran away from home and boarded the next boat to Hoenn. While in Slateport City, she got lost as a boy a little older than her approached her. They would journey together as She caught a Roselia, and later in the Journey, she finds a Shiny Stone for evolution, and holds onto it until the situation arises that needs it, which was the Watchog attack that she threw the shiny stone for Carla to catch and she reacted to it, evolving into a Roserade.

Pokemon
Species: Roserade
Name: Carla
Type Weakness: Psychic
Moves: Potion, Poison Jab, Grass Knot, Aromatherapy
Sync Move: Blooming of Flowers

Name: Jaclyn Merinsky
Hometown: Wyndon, Galar
Personality: Jaclyn is a very tough one, with a strong sense of confidence and very bold as well. She can act cute if the situation calls for it, but usually she keeps her tough facade up.
Appearance: Jaclyn is 5'9" with deep purple hair running down to her chest and brown eyes, a scar can been seen running down her left cheek and down her neck. She is on a slim yet curvaceous frame, she wears a black long sleeve shirt and black pants and boots, as a red shortcloak can be seen on her, the hood is always down.
Background: Jaclyn lived a normal life in Wyndon, until she went to travel around Galar, and found plenty of things around the place, including The Terror of the Forest, as a Phantump. She wandered around Galar, training with her Phantump until he Evolved unexpectedly during a trade with a trainer looking to evolve a Kadabra. After that She then got a calling.

Pokemon
Species: Trevenant
Name: The Terror of the Forest
Type Weakness: Dark
Moves: Shadow Punch, Curse, Grass Knot, Forest's Curse
Sync Move: Blooming Nightmares

Last edited:
Looking good! I noticed on Volcarona though it says his sync move replaces potion? The sync move doesn't replace one of your four moves, it's a move that you need to charge during battle and after battling for a while you can use it.

Alrighty here's my character for this
Name: Ron Towers
Hometown: Goldenrod City, Johto
Personality: Inside is a kind heart that is covered by layers and layers of rudeness and toughness. Ron is your typical punk that will jump into a fight without a second thought. He has a strong sense of justice, never fighting anyone he feels is innocent or doesn't deserve it. He has a nag for speaking his mind, which gets him into a lot of trouble. He tends to prefer to mind his own business instead, except when it comes to his younger sisters, they're the world to him and he always tries to look good for them, which he feels he will never be good enough.
Appearance: Ron looks like some 90's punk, he has a dark blue mohawk, piercing brown eyes, with a small scar on his right cheek. He usually wears a jean sleeveless vest with a black t-shirt underneath, ripped jeans and dark gray boots. He has piercings on his ears, rings on his fingers and his right arm filled with tattoos.
Background: Ron is the son of a very wealthy Kalos family. His dad earned riches being a ruin maniac and his mother was a popular contest star. He was born in Johto, but his family moved to Kalos before his twin sisters were born. Ron grew up with a wild side, something that made him feel out of place within his family and something his mother always approved, saying she loved him no matter how wild he was. Ron's father didn't think the same, he wanted Ron to be a strong respectful man to be the perfect example for his younger sisters. This eventually lead to the two butting heads and causing Ron to leave home in a rampage. Ron promised himself he would be stronger than his father in his own way and it is why he joined the PML.

Pokemon:
Species: Quilava
Name: Furia
Type Weakness: Water
Moves: Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Smokescreen, Fiery Inspiration (Boosts the speed of herself and her allies by two by letting out a battle cry and igniting her flames as big as possible)
Sync move- Exploding Crash (Rolls towards her opponent at and amazing speed using her flames as a boost and causes an explosion upon contact) Fire type.

I'll work on a starting post soon, just need to decide the region xD
I got a vote for Johto
Unove or Kalos
Hoenn

@EeveeBlueSisters any region you prefer?