• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: A World of Light & Darkness - Actual Roleplay

@GLITCHSKULL
@Draco Nightshade
@Hecotoro

"Lucid, wake up!" shouted Tren as Lucid was sleeping. Lucid groaned as he woke up. "Don't scare me like that," he said, "Leah, Yuno and Nia wouldn't shout in my ear." Tren sighed in regret. "Yeah, I guess you're right," he said. Then Yuno woke up. "I'm going to the Guild," he said, causing Lucid and Tren to sigh. Classic Yuno. He was always going to the Guild. He even had his own team, but they'd been eliminated a few days back. Maybe he'd try recruiting Lucid, Leah, Tren and Nia instead though. "All right," Lucid said happily. Tren groaned. "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine," he said reluctantly, "But do not expect me to like it."

When Leah woke up, Lucid was inviting her to come join them. Leah agreed immediately, though not just because she wanted an adventure. She liked him, if you know what I mean, and she was sure that he had the same feeling. When they walked up to the Guild, Leah was amazed. And then Nia came along. Nia, as a Fennekin, really looked good all the time. Leah wasn't jealous. Some of the other Guild members were, though. "I'm only here to request a new team," he said, "The old one was wiped out a few days ago." Nia sighed. "We know," she said, "I was just coming here to be with you, Yuno." Yuno slightly blushed. Nia was flirting with him? That was new. But Yuno didn't really care. He just wanted to get into the Guild.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yaaaawn!" Waking up from his slumber, Drake the Turtwig slowly extracted himself from the mound of dirt which he had been partially buried in. Shaking off any extra dirt, Drake told himself. "Good morning world." The undersized Turtwig quickly made his way to a nearby log for breakfast. To the uninformed observer, it was merely an old, moss covered log. For Drake, it was a well camouflaged storage unit full of berries that he had collected recently. Removing the loose sheet of bark, Drake quickly pulled out several berries before replacing the cover. While he was certainly a runt of a Turtwig, Drake's appetite was huge due to all the physical activity he engaged in on a day-to-day basis. Sure, he can photosynthesize like other Grass types, but that was just a wakeup call for him to get started. Kind of like a cup of coffee.
As soon as he had finished his breakfast, Drake immediately started training; biting tree branches, headbutting trees, running laps around his mound, etc. "This time, I will definitely get in to the guild!"

Pan, the Litten. Day one.

The warm sun only ignited the passion inside Pan. He ran through the forest, chasing after a few Starley, who were clearly annoyed, but it was the perfect opportunity to improve his speed and reflexes. He knew he had great potential, it was in his genes. He jumped from spot to spot, climbed up trees, reached for his target and then the Starley would just fly away. Darn! He wasn't fast enough yet. But he was going to be one day.

As the bird flew away, Pan made his way down the forest and started his way back, walking through the woods with his head held up high. Maybe he didn't catch the Starley, but he was definitely closer than the day before. As he walked around, he heard a sudden commotion going on. His curiosity, since he was a cat, got the best of him, making the Litten head towards the source of the sounds. Upon arrival he set his eyes on a Turtwig.

"Hey! What you doing there? Seems like training, I would know, I am pretty great at training myself."

Hearing someone call to him, Drake lost his focus and crashed head first into a nearby boulder. "Ooow." Having been rattled by this unexpected collision, the Turtwig slowly extracted himself from the impact sight on the boulder and shakily turned around to face whoever had called to him. Feeling a little dizzy and unfocused, Drake closed his eyes and shook his head before replying to the Litten that called to him. "I was. But I think I need to take a break after that one."

"Well running into rocks like that won't help." The fire cat sat down and began licking his paws. "You know, I heard the guild is taking in people, I'm joining them and if you really want to get strong, it would be a good idea also."

He dug his claws into the dirt as he stretched backwards. "You wanna go? I'm heading there myself, maybe if they see you they'll see how awesome I am and accept me without a second thought."

"Ha! That's impossible." Pan began skipping along with his head held up high, jogging towards the guild base. "If you're lucky, I'll take you in as my assistant."

He made his way into the village and to the know guild house. There he stood at the front door, sitting down with his chest puffed up and his head held high. "I'm here to apply for the guild please!"

~Buck, post 1...~

As Buck laid there, he looked at the star on his skull. He smiled with a mind full of fond memories. They were mostly just him bragging with his friends with no real accomplishments, but they were special to him. He paused however, and began to poke his cheeks and facial features and let out a gasp as he realized if he was looking at his helmet, he clearly wasn't wearing it. He covered his face with his hands and slapped it on his head. He looked around, not a single mon in eye shot. He adjusted his helmet and cautiously looked a second time. Everything was clear.

It was time to go down to the guild. He snagged an oran berry from his secret berry tree which sat in a large hole, unnoticeable from a distance. He ran off chuckling to himself, believing himself to be quite clever indeed.

As he got nearer and nearer the guild hall, he noticed for pokemon doing the same. For starters, he noticed a Turtwig and a Litten. He smacked the ground with his bone, which made a thud sound. He waved his empty hand before approaching the duo, "mornin'! That must be the guild hall. I'm here to join! Even though I'm already an experienced adventurer already, yes" Buck said lying through his teeth.

"The name is Pan, soon to be the strongest Pokemon around. What about yours?" He continued to sit proudly, even when the new Pokemon arrived. "Why are you wearing a skull dude?"

Pan wasn't actually curious, he just thought that wearing such a thing was super cool and he might need to consider adding something more to his outfit besides his headband. Wearing a skull on his chest maybe? It would be wild, but it could be done.

~Buck, post 2...~

"Noce to meet ya Pan! I'm Buck!" Buck said smacking his club against the ground.

"M-my skull...? What an unusual question! The real question should be, why don't you wear a skull? Hmmm... To answer your question... I slayed a giant mon-" Buck paused as he debated on whether or not to tell a tall tale or flat out tell the truth. The truth wasn't quite interesting. In truth, it was just a family heirloom given to him. Buck's skull helmet looked similar to his mother's skull, albeit she was a marowak and still using it of course. Not all cubone are motherless. Rather than reveal his skull to be one of his deceased relatives, he looked at Pan.

"So there I was. With my good friends Roy and Maggy! A sandshrew and a diglett. We were travelling through this hillside and outta nowhere! We were attacked by this BIG flying menace! It took all our energy to take the thing down. Tge fight was truly mythical. Maybe even legendary! That's how I got this souvenir!" Buck said.

Buck waved at the turtwig. "Nice to meet ya" Buck said waving his hand

"I don't believe you." Pan says as he sits down to clean his face with his paws. "I think you stole it." He then places a big grin on his face. "I'm joking! The skull looks pretty cool, maybe I will get one myself." He walks up to the door to the guild house and knocks loudly. "So is anyone in there?! Seriously, if not, we might as well form our own."

Yuno, Lucid and Tren managed suddenly spotted some other Pokémon. Tren and Yuno were intrigued. Lucid, however... he didn't really want to interact. Nia and Leah watched as well. "Who are they?" Leah said. Yuno sighed. "No clue," he said, "Never seen them in my life."

"You should get one! You'd be a real cool cat!" Buck said cheerfully walking up to the door and smacking it with his club three times, each time harder than the last hit. Buck paused to glance over at the seemingly angry turtwig.

"Oaf..." Buck muttered before glancing at Pan to see his reaction. Buck kept his club ready at his side, he did not wish to get caught off guard like the cat.

With a loud hiss, Pan removed his tail from the jaws of the turtle like Pokemon and jumped away. He growled and began to clean his tail with his tongue, ignoring the rest of the arriving group, waiting for someone to finally receive them at the guild.