• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Shattered Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Normal_Snivy

Previously Team Rainbow Hope
Like all the mystery dungeon games, this takes place in a world pokemon only.

Rules:
1: No OP characters
2: On your first post, you have to state your character (see form)
3: No weird/crazy powers
4: No fakemon
5: No controlling other's characters

Anyway:
In remote village called Bigrock (after a large meteor that currently rests in the town centeral) has been in peace for centeries. However, one day Pelliper arrives, giving news saying that the Luminous Crystal, said to keep the world stable, has shattered. With time running out, a prophecy is told that one human is to arrive and save them all. A week later, an Eevee arrives in a nearby field with no memories of her past, and no idea what awaits in her future...

My Character/ Form:

Name: Aereon (Pronounced Air-E-on)
Pokémon: Eevee
Looks: Like a normal Eevee, except the fluff on the top of her head is dyed red.
Personality: Adventurous, shy, bold, somewhat reckless.
Likes(optional): Candy, helping out, super heroes, chocolate, warm beds
Dislikes(also optional): Mean people, being called short

The next two people who post will be on the rescue team!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Eevee jolted up. A soft breeze blew on her face, while the stands of grass drifted softly. While a nice sight, she had no idea where she was. She tried to stand on two legs, but fell down shortly after. "H-Hello? Anyone? Help! Please!", she exclaimed. No one replied. She shivered, alone and afraid. She curled up into a ball, and eventually fell asleep.

Last edited:
Name: Quartz
Pokémon: Rockruff
Looks: He looks like a pretty average Rockruff, except he has small brown ovals over his eyes. He also likes to wear a pale-yellow bandana around his left front leg.
Personality: Easygoing, loyal, and adventurous, but he tends to get pretty assertive sometimes.
Dislikes: Spider-like Pokémon (mostly Ariados)
----------------------------------------------------------
The young Rockruff wandered deeper into the forest, he wanted to prove to himself that he was brave and resourceful. He eventually stopped at Oran berry bush, as he realized that he was starting to get hungry, however, he soon noticed that beyond the bush was an Eevee, curled up in a ball, almost blending with the forest floor. He decided to walk towards them.

Last edited:

A_Normal_Snivy

Aereon stiffened, hearing footsteps behind her. She woke up, turning around to see the cause. "Gyah!", she shouted, seeing the Rockruff approach her. She bent down, trying to hide herself among the tall grass.

Quartz jumped back, startled by the sudden movement. But once he calmed down he walked up to her, crouched down and said in the most soft voice he could manage, “Hey there’s no need to be scared....”

Name: Vanuatu
Species: Torracat
Looks: A normal torracat with brown paw pads, purple eyes, and a spiked collar around his neck. He also has a scarf of a red, green, black and yellow flag around his right forepaw.
Personality: A somewhat mischevious kitty who is nothing but trouble. He actually is pretty nice once someone bothers to get to know him, but he can be a little mean at times. He likes to playfully tease and make fun of others, but it’s almost never to be really mean.
Dislikes: His naps being interrupted, water, sand.
“Mrah! Hey, I’m trying to SLEEP if you haven’t noticed!” He tiredly hopped down from his branch in front of the pair, looking incredibly ticked off. “Hmph..! Foolish bratty kids... I’ll take care of you...” He hissed at both of them, crouching as if he might attack at any moment.

As soon as the Torracat hit the ground the Rockruff snapped his head towards him. Upon realizing that the Torracat was threatening him, he got into an offensive stance and said to the Eevee, “Looks like we’re gonna have to continue our talk later.” He then refocused his attention to the Torracat and exclaimed, “Bring it on!”

For a torracat, Vanuatu evolved unfashionably early, so he was weaker than most. That didn’t stop him from attacking, though... He shot an ember at the rockruff, but this one was small, and could easily be countered by a rockruff like Quartz. If he was fast enough, the rockruff might even be able to just jump out of the way...

Quartz quickly moved out of the way, however a small part of the ember singed his fur. “Ah! My coat!” After he shook it off he attempted to tackle Vanuatu, however, he didn’t build enough speed, so he ended up not even getting that close to him before he fell on the ground with a thud. “Ugh....”

A_Normal_Snivy

The eevee stared at the battling pokemon in horror, trying to process the events that just happened. She woke up with no idea where she was, and now a flipping ROCKRUFF just talked to her. "Pokemon don't talk, this is all dream, just a dream", she mumbled to herself. She looked down at her feet, then noticed that instead of a pair of shoes was two paws. "AUUG!", she shouted, scared half to death. She looked around, seeing a clearing in the distance, and ran.

Name: Yoshi
Pokèmon: Shinx
Appearance: His left eye is dark blue and his right eye appears to be golden in the dark, a star shape rests in the center his forehead and he always wears a black bandana around his neck
Personality: Loyal, can be quiet sometimes, likes being alone, can be short tempered and can be prone to stealing, takes responsibility for his actions and never gives up even when he is defeated and can hide in plain sight
Goals: To be persistent and help whenever he can

~~~~~~

Lying down in the heat in a comfortable slumber, he was then woken by the sound of shuffling leaves. He smelled and tasted the air, then an unusual figure darted around in the bushes, seemingly growing closer. Only to realize that the large silhouette was only a poocheyena that had startled him. "Grrr, go away.", he said a little irritated. The poochyena wasn't moved at all by his demanding tone. Instead of running away, it then proceeded to swipe at his bandana, creating small claw marks.

Eyes still closed, the shinx slowly grew angrier by the second, stopping for a moment to gaze at his halfway torn bandana. Standing up, his tail thrashing violently. His eyes opened after a moment, he then proceeded to use charge then after the poochyena tried to use tackle, he evaded then countered with a tackle making him take double the damage. The wild poochyena was close to fainting, it didn't look like he was in the mood to finish what he started. He snarled at the wild pokèmon and it dashed away into the bushes.

Glaring every few seconds at his torn bandana, he was still a little ticked off, even afterwards. Cursing to himself, he stood up and decided to practice his tactical skills to get his mind off of what just happened. Soon after leaving his resting place, making sure to keep quiet, he found the tree he always used to train and started to get to work. He unsheathed his claws then he pounced onto it, making sure he didn't slip while gripping onto it. Working his way towards the top, he fell and landed on his back.

"Still not there yet.." Even though he was in pain, his determination pushed him forward. He regained his posture and attempted again.

A_Normal_Snivy

She darted through the trees, mumbling all the while. "No no no no nononononoNO!", she exclaimed. Not used to her new four legs, she stumbled, gaining attention of wild pokemon. They swarmed around her, looking more fearsome that the battling pokemon. She turned around and ran, but they stopped her path. With the pokemon edging closer, she shivered. "H-HELP! SOMEONE! HELP!", she shouted, with a horrified look in her eyes. With no idea of where she was or who she was, was this her end?

Upon seeing that he was about to be tackled, Vanu decided to move out of the way, but when he did, something suddenly fell on him. Chestnuts! The silly torracat stepped on a chestnut trap, and soon, spiky balls fell on top of him and damaged him. “Augh!” He fell to the ground, defeated just like that. “Hwah... A-All I wanted was a nap...” He glanced at the rockruff, a soft whimper coming from him. “...Ah. Listen, kid... I just let myself get angry, I shouldn’t have just attacked you out of nowhere...” He said with the slightest tint of regret.

After Quartz managed to get up and shake the dirt off of his fur, he was greeted with the comical display of the Torracat stepping into the chestnut trap. A small giggle escaped him, but then his face became a bit more relaxed after hearing the Torracat's explanation. "It's fine!" he said wagging his tail. "I shouldn't have been so quick to attack you, so I'm sorry for that." Soon after he said that he heard Aereon screaming. "Ah! I didn't even notice that they left!" he gasped. It didn't take long for him to start running into the forest, in search of the Eevee he just recently met.

Vanuatu was glad that he was forgiven, so he sighed woth relief. “Whew... Thank yo-“ He yipped upon hearing the scream that sent Quartz running, and just like that, Vanu got up and started to sprint after him. “Wait!” He ran faster in pursuit of the rockruff. That, and he also wanted to see whatever the heck that horrible noise was! Looks like his little nap will have to wait until later...

Quartz heard the footsteps behind him and turned around to see Vanu, he breathed out a sigh of relief and kept moving forward. Using his nose, which had easily picked up Aereon's strong, foreign scent, he found himself faced with a swarm of wild Pokemon, and in the middle there was Aereon! "There's so many of them...," he whispered to himself, trying not to grab the attention of the wild Pokemon.

A_Normal_Snivy

Aereon closed her eyes, trying to block everything out. She curled up into a ball, shivering. "Just a dream", she whispered, "Just a dream justadreamjustadreamjustadream." Wait...what was that? Twitching her ear up slightly, she thought she heard...footsteps? She opened her eyes, but it was difficult to see among the pokemon swarming her. The pokemon! She'd forgotten about the pokemon! "Well, if this isn't a dream...", she thought, "Or even if it is, aren't pokemon supposed to be able to use moves?" She got up with a new confidence, puffed her fur and...had no idea what to do. She'd never used a move before..

He could still barely see the Eevee, but he knew that they needed his help, so he put his fears aside, and tried to push through the wall of snarling Pokemon and reach the Eevee in the middle. On his way there, he felt himself getting clawed at constantly but he endured it and eventually popped out and into the middle where the Eevee was. "Hey it looks like you got yourself in a bit of a, umm, mess here....umm, uhh," he nervously babbled on, his eyes darting around as he observed the terrifyingly large amount of Pokemon. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...."

The first thing Vanuatu did once he saw the eevee unable to move, was shoot an ember at one of the swarming pokemon. “Hey! Get outta here!” Unlike Quartz, the torracat was one to always attack first, even though it might cause him trouble. “Hey! Get outta here little eevee! I can maybe take care of these guys.” He put some emphasis on the word “maybe”, showing that he probably didn’t have much confidence in his own strength.

A_Normal_Snivy

"Well", she said, "For one thing, I am a still a little shocked that both of you are talking. Two, I doubt any of us could take on this much pokemon alone. Three...um....how do you attack?" She stared at the two pokemon aukwardly, having no clue what to do. She shook her tail around wildly, still not used to controlling it. "I'm...", she thought about what to say for a moment, "I'm...new to this. Can you possibly...help?"

Quartz tilted his head. "Y-you don't know how to attack...? And what do you mean that you're shocked that's we're talking...," there was so much going inside Quartz head after the Eevee said that. But he tried to shake off his confusion and give a sloppy explanation on how to attack, "Well, umm, most of the time Pokemon just kind of learn moves or they're, well, born with them. Umm, how about you try to use the move tackle..? All you gotta do is, well, just lunge yourself forward at a Pokemon...."

A_Normal_Snivy

Trying to process the Rockruff's words as quickly as possible, she got into a pouncing position and leapt at a pokemon, doing a full-on body slam. The wild Pidgey screeched and fell backwards, startled by the sudden blow. "Ow!", Aereon exclamied, "How do pokemon deal with that every day??!!" She stood on top of the Pidgey, pinning it to the ground. Not wanting to hurt herself again, she attacked the only way she knew before: punching and kicking. Well, sorta. Being on four legs, she couldn't really do either, so it kinda looked like she was just hopping around randomly. But it was enough to knock the wind out of the bird pokemon, causing it to faint.

"Huh, well that's one way to do it," Quartz murmured as he watched Aereon hop on the Pidgey. He decided to help with fighting and tackled a Poochyena that was right next to the Pidgey. He then turned around to Aereon and, trying to be loud enough that Vanu could hear as well, suggested, "Ok the way I see it, I don't think we should necessarily try to fight off every one of these Pokemon, but I think our goal should be to just create a pathway so that we can all escape!"

"Almost there! Nnnngggh!" He trusted up the tree closer than ever before to the top. Until he heard someone scream. "What was that?" The moment he took his eyes off the tree, he crash landed and fell with a loud thud onto his head. "Uggh, not again..well, I guess I might as well go see what that was." He dashed away, remembering from which direction the voice came from. He finally found who it was that was screaming and came to notice the huge group of pokèmon that was surrounding it. He couldn't tell for sure what it was because of the large crowd that was encircling it.

Growling low made the pokèmon back away as he got nearer to them. They backed up to reveal the mysterious being. Instructing everyone to leave, he got closer and examined it, then seeing it was an Eevee, he backed away, trying to remember the scent just in case. Then soon he padded away, not wanting to be given any gratitude. He was tired, his bandana was a disaster and he barely got any training done at all.

"Be careful next time..", he said walking away nonchalantly. Irritated of all the interruptions and tired, he dashed back to his tree that was surrounded by bushes.

Name: Rokai
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Kinda out of ideas so the recycling company is here:
Name: Frond
Species: Snivy (Shiny)
Appearance: Frond's leaf at the end of her tail looks like it has a small bite mark towards the top. A small yellow scarf, the colour of her eyelids, could be found around her neck
Personality: Frond, unlike other of her kind, isn't that smug (sometimes). She is kind of a loner, but no really shy. She can sometimes get really sad or frustrated, because of a traumatic event (to be revealed later.)
Dislikes: Being indoors, lots of work, fighting

--
(I'm expecting Frond to just get attacked like that poor birb)

"Ugh, it's way too early for this..." Frond tiredly mumbled. She was suddenly woken by this commotion. She grabbed a blue berry and quickly ate it up, leaving a blue stain around her mouth. She used her vines and picked up a crudely-made leaf satchel. She stood up from behind her rock and walked over to where she heard all of this commotion.

Last edited:

A_Normal_Snivy

Aereon leapt up, crashing into a Rattata, pressing it against the ground. Seeing the Snivy, she believed it was another wild pokemon and smashed herself against the pokemon. "How come tackling doesn't do this much damage in the human world?", she thought aloud. She "punched" the Snivy in the face, having no idea that she wasn't a wild pokemon. "Hiya!"

"What a strange Eevee...," Quartz thought to himself after hearing her comment about the human world. He was in a slight bit of shock but snapped out of it when he noticed Aereon slam herself into the Snivy. "H-hey I don't think that's a wild Pokemon!" he exclaimed as he ran up to the Snivy.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"..." Frond just stood there. She was kind of weak, but this 'punch' was just... no. "too.... early." She sighed. "Don't go wildly flailing your paws around, okay?" Frond took out a blue berry out of her leaf satchel. She was a little grumpy, but she was waken up by pokemon and then smacked by them. That would make most grumpy. She would lighten up though. Sugary berries did that to most as well.

A_Normal_Snivy

Areon stopped, blushing. She jumped off the Snivy. "S-Sorry! I thought you were wild!", she replied, "Also, how come pokemon can't punch? Humans can do it...." She stopped suddenly, ramming herself into the gut of another wild pokemon. "Anyway, dispite that I was punching you, can you do us a favor and help?" She smiled, then stopped because it felt weird to smile as an Eevee.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Ah, it's okay. It didn't hurt anyways." Frond lightened up immediately, smiling. "What in the heck is a hu-man?" She thought, but shook the thought away. "I can help with things, what do you need?" She pointed towards her bag to convey some sort of message.

A_Normal_Snivy

"Umm...What do you have in there?", she said, while jumping on top of a Wurmple, squishing the poor thing. She continued to tackle nearby pokemon, still with her eyes on the Snivy. "Also, do know any moves I might have? The only one that I'm using right now is.....tackle right?", she said, taking a quick glance at the Rockruff.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(gtg to bed, I'm in the Uk and it's like eleven at night here.... zzzz.... also, poor wurmple!)

"Just stuff. Mostly berries since I have to pick them myself. " She turned to the evee. "I'm really not the 'mon you should talk to about fighting." Frond said embarrassedly. "I suck at fighting. I guess what your doing could be considered a tackle, but you need to work on that." Frond used her vines to help glide the bag off. She just didn't want to carry it.

(Oh good night!)

Quartz nodded his head. "I think you might also be able to use sand-attack," he said as he demonstrated by turning around and kicking up a large cloud of sand. When he used the attack though some sand got in his own eyes, and he ended up on the ground, rolling around and trying to rub it out of his eyes. "Yeah, maybe I'm not the best Pokemon to teach you these kinds of things either...."

A_Normal_Snivy

Areon blushed. "I...um...have no idea how to use berries?", she blurted, "Do...you think you could do that?" Then she started kicking sand in the Weedle's face, then started jumping onto it again, practically killing the poor thing. "I've never seen a berry in this world, and since this is probably a dream, and also I'm saving my reaction for after this battle thing, ANYWAY!", she said, "YOU DO THAT FOR ME PLEASE."

"Huh? You don't know how to use berries?" Quartz accidentally lets a chuckle slip out when he asked that question. "Well, umm, you just eat them, Oran Berries are used to make you feel better, Cherri Berries are used to cure paralysis, and, umm, that's all I remember from school, sorry," he nervously said. "Wow this Eevee is strange...," he thought to himself.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Yeah, just eat them." Frond stated. She used a probing vine to reach in the bag and grabbed an oran berry. Here, an Oran berry. "I don't really know how to describe it's taste though, it tastes kind of like nothing. Here you go." She gave the berry to Aeron. "What's all this about a dream? I'm not dreaming, I was kind of punched... in the face. Anyways, I heard you mention humans before, what are they? The name sounds almost mythical." Frond mined her memories to try and see if she ever heard the word before. And.... nope.

((Whoops! Sorry I poofed.))

Vanuatu gasped at the word “human”, for he knew exactly what they were. Of course he had never seen one before, but he had a good grasp of them. “Humans..! They’re creatures who stand on two legs I think. They are tall, and they speak an entirely different language, it’s weird! They sometimes try to catch us pokemon in these weird ball-like thingies, but that’s all I know. I think they’re good, but I have never seen one, nor do I have enough information about them. But she’s right. They’re mythical. Only in books and stuff. They’re probably not real.” He spoke up finally, then sat in silence.

(It's fine!)

“Yeah I remembered hearing about them before but I didn’t know what they were,” Quartz said turning to Vanuatu. He shivered at the thought of being captured in a ball-like thing, having his freedom stripped away from him. "Agh, I hope they're just myths," Quartz muttered and shook his head in disapproval. "Also, a bit of a shift in subject, but I don't think I ever caught your names," Quartz pointed to both Vanu and Aereon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I don't believe fairy tales, Humans sound fake, like a campfire story. But why does he keep speaking about them?" Frond shook her head. "I don't think you were asking me, but my name's Frond. I guess I'll just hang around with y'all." Frond smiled. She plopped down on the floor. They weren't moving, and she didn't want to stand...

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Name: Roikoi.
Pokémon: Vulpix.
Looks: Like a normal Vulpix, but her fur is slightly slivery.
Personality: Shy, kind and creative.
Likes: Playing, trying to make good bags and hats, relaxing.
Dislikes: Pranks, how her hats and bags always fall apart, being constantly disturbed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Roikoi was relaxing on the very top of a tree when she heard some Pokemon battling and talking; so she got up and was about to hop down when she heard a someone ask about names, Roikoi thought she should talk to them, so she shakily said "I-I-I'm-m-m Roikoi," hoping that they heard her. After a while, Roikoi spoke again, this time a bit louder less shakily, "I'm Roi-whoaaaaaaaa," as she slipped down and fell head first with a little thud.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Frond watched the Vulpix fall from the tree and smash into the floor. "Are you alright? That was a nasty fall." Frond took ouut another Oran bery (She had lots) and gave it to the Vulpix. Frond was kind of a doctor, but not really. "Don't climb up trees uless your good at it. I'm a snake, and I would've fallen off the same way."

Status
Not open for further replies.