• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Rescue RP?

Would you be interested in roleplaying in a world where Pokemon could get scars & have disabilities?

• Total voters
So I am into the idea of Pokemon having deformities, disabilities, or similar problems from everyday occurrences. Would anyone want to roleplay in a world with this sort of premise? It would mean pokemon could have scars, prosthetics, problems such as blindness or deafness, slightly differing physical traits like colors and small things, and other things you see with animals in everyday life. It doesn't have to be a rescue RP, I am willing to play any sort of adventure, but would that sort of realism be something anyone is interested in? Would anyone want to roleplay with that sort of world?

Current Plot Ideas:
Disabled Pokemon tournament with other details.

Current DEFINITE RPer's (As in they said quite literally, they want to play):
  • Fantasia Goldscale
  • |Bread|
  • Angxl
  • Steel the riolo
  • Moxxie the ultimate imp

Last edited:
... Not particularly. It's more of pokemon realism, but we can definitely talk any kind of plot you want. I just need to know what you guys are interested in. Generally, it's a good idea to talk about what your RPer's are comfortable with before making any final decisions.

If you're looking for an example of a crippled Pokemon, I drew a Fennekin named Saba who is missing a back leg and thus wears a prosthetic and posted it on here. We could do things like that. Basically, pokemon alteration to a point would be allowed. Slight color changes, missing limbs, scars, and the like. Make the pokemon individuals, instead of just like every other one out there.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Yes that would be great! One last question.
(P.S: I really liked Saba! It was such a good drawing!)

• Are we the Pokémon or are we the trainers? And if we are the trainers, would we too have alterations such as broken limbs, scars and etc?

We're trainers. And only if you want to. Really, this is a world where you can do canon or your headcanons. I really don't care. Roleplays are only fun if everyone is enjoying it. If you want to have a character with scars or disorders or disabilities, have at it! If you don't, that's okay. I won't force you to do anything. (And thank you, Candle. I'm really proud of her. ^^)

Sounds good! Though if you want, you are free to talk about them here. This is technically the discussion forum at the moment, so if you want to just talk about ideas or anything like that, feel free!

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
I had an idea for a character. A mellow kind of character, really just soft spoken and quiet. You know? I might just kinda make a picrew of him and see if he plays out.

Here’s kind of a fake lil bio of him.

Name: Unknown

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: A pale skinned boy with messy hay colored hair. He has light blue eyes and a few freckles scattered on his cheeks. He wears a long sleeve with black and white stripes, he wears black overalls with pants. His shoes are blue and white.

Personality: A mellow, chill boy. He is very soft spoken and quiet but he can be driven to anger.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Plot One; A curse has been set on any Pokémon that a trainer owns. Within deep Aloha (or any region really) lies the master of this.

Plot Two; Pokemon and their trainers enter a tournament that is made to help train Pokémon with disabilities and defects.

It seems we're doing a tournament. What if it was created as a fundraiser for a disabled pokemon research station?

And I suppose characters can be whatever you want, though if we're going to make a tournament that means each character has to have a disabled pokemon, whether that's a missing limb or a sense deprivation or anything else. (Pokemon species that are born blind or deaf automatically obviously don't count as that is a norm for the species. See Zubat's lack of eyes.) If you want your character to be disabled, that's okay too, but not required. Also, there is no racism or homo/transphobia here, so feel free to do as you wish. Your characters are yours and I won't stop you from making one that makes you happy! ^^D