• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Role Play Thread - Galar

Cole Forrest​

Date: August 2
Pokemon Team: Thwackey, Croconaw, Corvisquire, Galarian Meowth, Stufful, Trubbish, Magikarp, Pancham
WCS Rank: 75,432

Interactions: Wilford Pine (@sSoul)

OOC Note: This thread belongs to @kyuukestu's Pokemon Role Play Thread. Discussion Link: https://forums.pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-discussion-thread.28773/ (Ask to Join - Pokémon Discussion Thread)

Cole hummed, eating his meal as it came, thinking about what to do now that he had potential opponents. His gaze was predatory and intense enough that one of the guys looked over at him. One of them sneered at him before continuing to chat with his buddies and eat.

He must know the eager Turffieldian was gearing for a battle.

As he should.

Thinking to his Corvisquire, Croconaw, Thwackey, and Galarian Meowth, he realized he needed to teach them others moves. Get some TMs, but that would only work if he betted money. And if he lost?

That would be a setback for sure. Like hell he was going to ask Wilford for a bit of his daddy's money either.

But also, having to battle them later would be a better idea. He needed to catch other Pokemon, as the other four were not doing it for him.

He chuckled at Wilford's comment, shaking his head. "I have ways around that." Chuckling darkly, he continued to eat.

Cole was a silent and fast eater, already having finished his food within several minutes of obtaining it, he patted his lips down with a napkin and rested against the back of the chair, waiting for Wilford to get done and paid for the bill before he got up.

The Spikemuth trainers were a bit rowdy, but otherwise trying to keep their voices down within the establishment. They left shortly after Cole finished his meal, and his dark eyes followed them. His leg bounced, getting antsy, but otherwise trying to keep himself from being rude as he didn't want to make Wilford feel anxious or feel like he's rushed.

He then hummed. "Want to come with me to Hammerlocke Hills?" He then grinned as he looked back at him from whatever painting he was staring at. "Heard Mimikyu appear around a certain den at night, if you're still gunning for one. If it ends up going into the den and you have to fight it Dynamaxed, I can surely help with making its capture easier."

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Hammerlocke, Galar Region
August 2nd

WCS Rank: 70,203
Team: Monferno, Thwackey, Panpour, Togepi
Interactions: Cole Forrest(@Merciless Medic)

Wilford munched away at his Filet Mignon in silence, Cole's idle humming somehow complimenting the existing musical ambiance. While Cole contemplated his future TM investments, the rich young man had his own things to worry about. Now possessing sufficient motivation and a suitable replacement, Togepi's tenure on his team was rapidly coming to an end. But how to get rid of it? Releasing a perfectly bred specimen would ultimately be wasteful of merchandise, making it unlikely to maintain that partnership in the future. Its pampered nature making it unlikely she survived in the wild for an extended period of time. But he couldn't just give her away either, that would be equally pointless. No...selling her would be the best course going forward. The same could be said of Panpour, though that will be dealt with at a later time.

The rich young man silently nodded along with Cole's response, enjoying the banter that had naturally become a part of their dynamic. Though Cole had finished his meal quicker than Wilford expected, he wasn't too far behind. The dirty blond preferred to pace himself and savor his favorite foods, but glossed over foods he didn't particularly care for. Upon finishing his meal, he ordered the check, paying it as soon as it arrived.

"That sounds like a good use of our time," After thanking the waiter for his service while giving him the check, Wilford rose from his chair, ready to head for his next destination, "I propose we maximize that time by challenging those Spikemuth trainers to a battle. If we're lucky, we'll get some points for the World Coronation Series."

Last edited:
Laura Adrianna Lana "Lana" Argentston, Unranked, August 2nd, Turffield Gym, Galar.

Lana had gotten out of the challenge after having to chase 20 Wooloo, followed by a Gym battle with Milo, Dwebble beat Gossifleur, but fainted to the first attack against Eldegoss, and her Blaze Breed Tauros dealt with Eldegoss. It was at that point she had gotten out of the gym.

"I got my first Gym Badge," Lana whispered, "Without using my two strongest."

She then headed towards the Pokémon center, Blaze Breed's and Dwebble's Pokeballs In hand. As she walked into the Pokémon center, she was greeted by Nurse Joy and her Chansey.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"I-i need my P-Pokémon healed."

She placed her Pokéballs on the table. People had shocked faces if they were to see the screen of what was being healed. The Pokéballs shown on the screen have a Blaze Breed Paldean Tauros, Snorunt, Bronzor, Dwebble, a Shiny Greninja and a regular Salamence. After the healing was done, Nurse Joy handed her Pokéballs.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy!"

"Have a nice Day!"

When she walked out of the Pokémon Center, she opened a Pokéball, revealing her Starter.

"I'm fine, Salamence." Lana responded, "We're swinging by Hammerlocke to grab a coat, and off to train a bit before Hulberrry."

The Hoennian Dragon and Flying Type Pseudo-legendary gave a roar, and let his trainer board him.

"Off to Home!"

Salamence flapped his wings as he flew off with his trainer on his back, with a heading of her apartment in Hammerlocke.

As Lana flew on her Salamence, her permits had been given by her work as part of initial training. While she flew, over Route 5 and the Wild Area, she could see sections of it from a distance with a crisped mark on some of the rocks. She was told her father fought and caught a Dynamax Hydreigon by himself and her last move was a Max Flare that set fire to part of the Lake Axewell area. Salamence looked at Hammerlocke, seeing her apartment.

"To my Apartment, Salamence!"

The Dragon and Flying Type looked around from the air for a landing area. Lana spotted the landing area before he did. A familiar red and blue land based Dragon Type was standing at the landing area.

"There, and Druddigon?"

A familiar man had also been chasing the Druddigon. He looked up to See Lana and Salamence.

"Druddigon, you can't bolt every time some one lands here."

"Terry?" Lana asked.

"Hey, Lana, you good, how was Milo?"

"I won, but not without a lot of help from Salamence and Greninja training with the new team." Lana responded.

"That's good to hear, Lana, I'll let the boss know how things are going."

"Thanks, Terry."

As Lana went inside to get to her apartment, Salamence stood watch, making sure no one tried to break into the building. Lana then walked to her apartment, finding a coat, she grabbed the coat and walked out. Terry looked at Druddigon as she walked out. Lana waved to Terry and Druddigon as she boarded her Salamence, flying off to find somewhere to train.

Lana Argentston, Unranked, Lake of Outrage, Wild Aera, Galar. Four hours later.

Lana and Salamence landed, and looked around to make sure no trainers were around before releasing the rest of her team. A Snorunt, a Bronzor, a Blaze Breed Paldean Tauros, a Dwebble, and her Shiny Greninja. As they popped out, the group watched Greninja, knowing that he's going to be helping them.

"Alright, Greninja, We're working on Offensive Power." Lana called out to the team.

The four young Pokémon all looked at Greninja. Greninja opened with Water Shuriken to Demonstrate on a nearby Tree. The rest of the Team responded with Fury Cutter from Dwebble, Icicle Crash from Snorunt, Rock Tomb from Bronzor, and Tauros used Trailblaze.

Last edited:

Cole Forrest​

Pokemon Team: Thwackey, Croconaw, Corvisquire, Galarian Meowth, Stufful, Trubbish, Magikarp, Pancham

Interactions: Wilford Pine (sSoul)

Once everything was paid, Cole got his things and stood up, stretching his legs as he stood on his tip toes before swiftly pushing in his chair and walking alongside Wilford as they made headway to where those Spikemuth trainers were. "I like to use trainers as a way to understand a new Pokemon I'll catch. However, I don't think they'll stay for much longer, so battle now we must. I also need to understand where my top four are in terms of strength. I'm not sure if Corvisquire is going to be the ace next time."

Walking outside, the evening sun was starting to cast the sky in golden pink hues. The Spikemuth trainers were at a battlefield already, having just gone through a round of battling with one another. There were two others sitting and watching on the sidelines. Cole waltzed up, seemingly uncaring how it may have looked. He then caught eyes with the one who stared at him earlier.

The Spikemuth trainer spoke up first. "Hah, was wonderin' if you were gonna battle me or just stare like some freak."

"You're one to talk. Even with your more punk-styled hairdo, I'm surprised you're not a pariah of Spikemuth yet. Unless that's why you're here." Cole retorted with a grin, the trainer glaring at him.

"Alright, since you got some fighting words, let's see how well you can fight against me." His two buddies who just finished their battle moved away and Cole stood at his end of the battlefield, while the trainer stood on the other end.

Their devices lit up and a Rotom Drone appeared above them, declaring their names - Cole and Tanner - and the match will start once they determine the battle and first Pokemon.

"You pick, challenger." Tanner said, his green eyes glaring at Cole.

"Four versus four, singles." Cole declared, the Rotom making a beeping sound to lock in the battle format.

Tanner sent out his first Pokemon, a Boltund. The electrical dog barked and widened his stance, his glare harsh. Cole chuckled, sending out his own Pokemon wordlessly.

His Thwackey screeched and banged the ground with his two sticks, the Grass-Type being oddly aggressive. A close eye would indicate that this Thwackey was a bit hungry, and was hangry.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd
Interactions: Cole Forrest(@Merciless Medic)

Wilford nodded intently at Cole's words, possessing firsthand experience of testing his new recruits on trainers. While he intended to tell Cole his stories about that, he knew it was better saved for another time, as the older trainer approached his prospective opponent. The rich young man trailed behind, ensuring that he could challenge one of the other trainers in short order. Simultaneous to this, Cole's words about his top four Pokémon prompted consideration from Wilford regarding his Pokémon.

While I only have two battle-viable Pokémon rather than four, I wonder who's stronger between Thwackey and Monferno...the former has gotten more battle experience, sure, but I feel the latter has more potential. Yet another incentive to battle these freaks.

After exchanging barbs, the two trainers sent out their leads, a Rotom Drone appearing above them to record the battle's results. Wilford chuckled when he saw the Boltund Cole was facing. If Tanner had any intentions of making it to the big leagues, he'd have to look beyond the first route for teammates. Assured his travelling companion would face little difficulty, Wilford grabbed Monferno's Pokéball from his briefcase and extended it towards the spectating Spikemuth Trainers.

"I can't speak for you two, but I have no intention of staying on the sidelines. Are one of you going to step up to the plate or no?" His provocation proved successful, the trainer fresh off the bench made his way between the two that just finished their battle, smirking as he met eyes with the rich young man. Upon each of them confirming their challenge with their devices, another Rotom Drone appeared to record their battle. Wilford opened his mouth to suggest a single battle, but his soon-to-be opponent interrupted him.

"Fellas, I see no point in having two single battles when we could just have one double battle," The black haired trainer chuckled confidently as he released his Thievul from his Pokéball, "Not unless Mr. Fancy Pants over here has a problem with that."

Chuckling again, Wilford shrugged as he sent out his Monferno, "Whether its Pokémon or nicknaming, you reek of unoriginality. I look forward to beating you into the dirt." Watching his opponent's smirk give way to a scowl, Wilford turned to Cole and Tanner to hear their perspectives. At the same time Monferno cracking his knuckles while glaring fiercely at the opposing Dark Type.

Cole Forrest​

Battling: Cole/Thwackey & Wilford/Monferno vs Tanner/Boltund & Gladwin/Thievul

Cole smirked as Wilford spoke up and then they were pulled into a double battle. The insult by Wilford had Cole chuckling, his Thwackey getting anxious as he's impatiently waiting to taste blood. Or, well, get close to it.

Tanner gave his buddy a fistbump. "I don't mind."

Cole nodded towards Wilford with a smile. "Alright then, I don't mind either. Rotom, change singles to doubles, four-v-four, two Pokemon per trainer." The Rotom beeped and made the adjustments before asking for the first Pokemon to appear. Cole hummed as they had to wait for a minute, mumbling to himself within earshot of Wilford. "Both really quick Pokemon. It seems like the Thievul has an item... They were made for doubles." After scanning the new additions of Monferno and Thievul to the battlefield, the Rotom drone commences the beginning of the battle.

Tanner gave a grin to his buddy, Gladwin, before firing off a command. "Electric Terrain."

Cole hummed, letting Wilford handle the Thievul with his Monferno. "Thwackey, focus on Boltund. Fake Out."

The Thwackey shot forward as the Boltund was gathering electricity and reared on his hind legs, only for the Thwackey to appear right before it and clap, sending a point-blank shockwave that caused the Boltund to flinch and stumble backwards. The Thwackey grinned and chittered with glee, swinging around his sticks as he kept an eye on the Thievul for any counter attack.

Tanner flinched back, but not by the move, but by the Thwackey's demeanor. "Jeez, what the hell is wrong with that thing?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd
Battling: Wilford/Monferno & Cole/Thwackey vs Gladwin/Thievul & Tanner/Boltund

Wilford smirked as he saw Cole's chuckle coupled with Gladwin's bristling brow. As their opponents exchanged a fist bump, Cole exchanged wisdom about their opponents' doubles centric builds. Wilford confirmed Cole's observation for himself, noticing a faint yellow seed secured around a collar meant to match Thievul pelt. upon The rich young man nodded at this fact, realizing his opponents were more capable than he initially credited. This realization crystalized upon hearing Tanner call for Electric Terrain to activate the aforementioned seed, but was quickly stopped by Thwackey's Fake Out.

"Taunt" Trying to regain momentum, Gladwin issued a command to his Thievul, prompting the Dark type fox to begin an offensive gesture. However, it was interrupted by Wilford's following command.

"Follow suit with Thievul. Fake Out!" Much the same way as Thwackey, Monferno rushed towards his opponent, closed the distance, and sent a clapping shockwave at the Thievul, causing it to stumble backwards, unable to attack.

Gladwin pinched the bridge of his nose, somewhat annoyed at not getting a turn, but recomposing himself quickly. Tanner's concerns about Cole's Thwackey caused him to glance at the aforementioned grass type.

"Put a leash on that thing, dude," Gladwin shook his head in disapproval while watching the fidgety monkey.

Monferno kept calm, merely crossing its arms in waiting for its next command.

Cole Forrest​

Cole smiled wildly, losing his composure in the thrill of the fight. "Oh, two can play at that game. Taunt the Boltund." Thwackey irritably said some things that pissed off the Boltund, the darkness-imbued insults (learned courtesy from Cole) had the Boltund seeing red and was no longer able to use status moves. "No Electric Terrain for you today~." He chuckled.

Tanner was also feeling the anger, and he sneered. "Alright, you want us to attack? Boltund, Fire Fang!" The Boltund's maw cloaked in fire and Thwackey was way too close to dodge the attack.

However, the monkey put his sticks up to smack the dog's face away in a pitiful hit, causing the Boltund to bark angrily before diving in for another bite. The pause the Boltund gave was enough for the monkey to cover his sticks in dirt quick enough to hold back some of the fire from burning through them completely, as the Fire Fang bit down on both sticks and was attempting to shake its head to rip them out of the monkey's vicegrip like hands.

Cole used this opportunity to think. "Hmm... Tanner's not looking so good. I think some of Boltund's set is to help his partner, too. Without the ability to do that, he can't do much besides attack. Boltund aren't known for having great defense either, so if this guy's smart, he probably had something for that." He then shrugged. "Not anymore though." He chuckled darkly, a sadistic gleeful growl ending his chuckle. "This'll be an easy win, Wilford. Don't let their better experience than us shake you down."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Wilford noticed Cole's wild smile, somewhat unnerved at seeing Cole express something resembling genuine joy. Admittedly, he felt joy wasn't an emotion best worn by Cole, though he also held the same opinion of himself. Unlike him though, Cole's joy didn't hamper his battling ability, competently shutting down Tanner's attempts at setting terrain while enraging both trainer and Pokémon into a set of easily neutralized attacks. With confidence from his partner, Wilford was galvanized into his next command.

"Mach Punch!" With a snap of his finger, the Fire Monkey rushed towards his target, a glowing fist prepared to deck the Thievul in the jaw.

"Dodge and counter with Acrobatics!" Of course, Gladwin had no intentions of letting such an event transpire without anything to say on his end. Keeping its eyes peeled on its opponent, the Thievul deftly narrowly avoided the Monferno's attack. However, in its transition from defense to offense, Wilford noticed an opening and proceeded to capitalize.

"Intercept with Power Up Punch!" As the Thievul neared its claws towards Monferno's face, the Playful Pokémon beat his opponent to the punch, directly striking its nose to take it out of the air. Though the Dark Type was still in the fight, it was noticeably dazed.

"How?!" Flabbergasted, Gladwin questioned his opponent, part of him wondering if he had grounds to accuse his opponent of cheating.

"Simple," Wearing a smirk, Wilford began explaining his answer, "Acrobatics works best once you discarded your item, as I'm sure you know. What you should have noticed is that because my battling partner shut down the electric terrain, you neither get your defense nor speed boosts, leaving you with a sitting duck trapped in a fox's body."

"These guys are starting to piss me off..." After a quick remark to Tanner, Gladwin started to theorize how he could turn this match around. He couldn't risk another exchange like that unless he wanted to make his opponent stronger, but switching to his other Pokémon might prove equally undesirable...

Cole Forrest​

Cole couldn't help the thrill, he was starting to get high on it. Emotions were difficult to keep, except for negative emotions, of course. But while everything he felt were quick to flee, an adrenaline high from a Pokemon fight and seeing his hard work pay off in the form of his Pokemon fighting and winning for him was euphoric.

Three more rounds of attacks, and that Taunt will wear off. If Tanner was smart, he'd either return his Pokemon or focus on longevity. Tanner had taken a deep breath and focused more on the fight, even as Gladwin sounded flabbergasted at the exchange between his Thievul and that Monferno. Meanwhile, the Boltund was unsuccessful in taking the Thwackey's sticks, but was able to burn them into charcoal. With one bite, the sticks disappeared into ash and he lunged.

The Thwackey shrieked in anger. Seeing red, the grass monkey's arm glowed a bright orange as he sidestepped the attack, connecting the Hammer Arm with the Boltund's side and sending it towards the Thievul.

That Thwackey was about to go after those quadrupeds' throats when Cole called out. "Thwackey!" It was a sudden firm tone, and it sent a chill down his spine, which wasn't visible. It sounded like the impending doom of a punishment, and the sudden start he had was immediately halted. Even in his hunger and anger, he still listened, which gave Cole a proud, smug smirk. The red haze calmed and the Thwackey was now amenable to reason, feeling the sudden minute sluggishness in having used Hammer Arm.

Cole chuckled. "You took his prized sticks away, now you'll have to pay." Chuckling at how that rhymed, he grinned. "Screech." The Thwackey put his fists to the ground before yelling out a shrieking shockwave, surprisingly careful to not hit the Monferno, lest he incurred the wrath of Cole.

Tanner clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Don't let them get into your head, Gladwin. Boltund, Psychic Fangs!" The Boltund switched enemies, even as the shockwave hit the Boltund (and potentially the Thievul nearby), he still charged at the Monferno with glowing blue teeth, emanating with psychic energy.

Cole practically giggled, seeing them struggle always gave him such a sadistic high. "Ohhh, they're losing it..." He commented quietly, hiding the creepy smile on his face with his hand so as to not creep his opponents out, yet his eyes still held that cruel shine.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Emotions rose as the battle went on, with Gladwin nearly calling foul play, Cole giggling like an idiot and even Tanner getting slightly annoyed by the state of the battle. Despite all of this, Wilford was nonplussed, leaving him able to focus on the Boltund's Psychic Fangs.

While Wilford dealt with the Boltund, Gladwin recomposed himself to set his eyes on Cole's Thwackey. Enraged though it may have been, it wore itself out through using Hammer Arm, and using its turn to Screech provided a golden opportunity.

"Aim Burning Jealousy at Thwackey!" Eyes burning with hatred, the Thievul proceeded to release a wave of flames out of its mouth. Normally, this move would hit multiple opponents, but wanting to reduce the margin of error, Gladwin specified a target.

"Dodge low and counter with Power-Up Punch," Wilford snapped his fingers , his free hand slightly clenching due to his command's increased complexity. Fortunately, Monferno proved its battle instinct sound, sliding past the descending dog before launching upwards with an empowering punch. The defense drop combined with the interception caused the Boltund to spin out mid air, eventually landing on its back. Noticing the Electric Type trying to get up, Wilford moved to finish the job.

"Mach Punch," Another snap prompted Monferno to zoom towards the recovering dog to deliver a finishing punch, but surprisingly, he instead found his attack hitting Thievul, who intercepted the attack in a surprising show of speed. Fortunately though, the Fox Pokémon went down,

"Worry about yourself Tanner. Can't just leave your teammate to fend for you."

Despite losing his Pokémon, Gladwin smiled as he withdrew his Thievul, sending a Croagunk in its place. Hopefully, he could leverage the Fighting and Grass type resistances levied from his Poison Typing.

Cole Forrest​

Battling: Cole/Galarian Meowth & Wilford/Monferno vs Tanner/Breloom & Gladwin/Croagunk

The Screech hitting, and now the Thievul was out, the Thwackey focused on the impending flames. "Grass Pledge!"

Thwackey screeched and did a back flip, slamming his green energy-cloaked fists into the ground. The ground erupted as vines - similar to a weaker version of Frenzy Plant - shot up and took the flames. While the flames still shot past the vines and grazed Thwackey, the brunt of the damage was averted. Plus, the trail of erupting small vines traveled towards the Boltund, who was busy trying to recover from his partner having fainted and the Power-Up Punch to the jaw.

"Fire Fang!" The command was too late. The attack hit the Boltund head on before his teeth could be cloaked in flames and the dog fainted.

Grumbling, Tanner returned his Boltund, ignoring the cutting words before sending out his next Pokemon. A Breloom hopped into the field, its springy legs making it look super mobile. A black belt was wrapped around its waist and Cole's eyes widened.

"An Expert Belt? Really? Something doesn't feel right." He looked between the two new Pokemon additions and pointed at the Croagunk. "Taunt!"

The Thwackey began to expel insults at the Croagunk, enough to even make a grown man weep.

He left himself completely open, but it was worth it in the end, so Cole thought.

Tanner took this opportunity to attack. "Retaliate!"

The Breloom charged as the Taunt move ended its execution, its feet darting it forward in a near blur as its body glowed white and smashed into the Thwackey hard. The monkey screeched in agony as he skidded onto the floor and at Cole's feet.

"Hm, a Pokemon for a Pokemon." He returned the Thwackey, not denoting any insults because he did beat a Pokemon and he was already quite weakened.

He sent out his next Pokemon. "Meowth." The Galarian Meowth was sent out. While weak to Fighting moves, Cole had an idea. He could have sent out his Corvisquire, but where was the fun in that?

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Battling: Wilford/Monferno & Cole/Galarian Meowth vs Gladwin/Croagunk & Tanner/Breloom

Wilford's brow rose as he watched Cole's Thwackey evade the Fire Fang with a Grass Pledge attack. He had heard of the pledges before, but had previously dismissed them as weaker versions of more desirable moves. Now, he was starting to think otherwise, but he'd have to put a pin in those thoughts to refocus on the battle in front of him now that the pair of dogs had been replaced with a pair of fighters. What didn't help was Cole's subsequent choice in Pokémon. Why he sent out Meowth when he had a perfectly good Flying type to wall out the fighters was beyond Wilford's comprehension, but given Cole's prior showings of battle prowess, he figured he could trust his teammate's judgment.

Gladwin initially thought to prey on the weakened Thwackey, but Tanner's Breloom beat him to it. He then thought to use Toxic to whittle down Monferno, only to be shut down with a taunt, leading him to use his third plan of attack, "Fake Out Meowth!" Complying, Croagunk forcefully clap its hands together, sending a strong shockwave towards the metallic cat. Gladwin hoped Tanner would capitalize on the opportunity he created, leaving him unfocused on his affluent opponent.

"Aim Fire Punch at Croagunk!" With a snap of his fingers, Wilford watched as Monferno's fist ignited while he sprung forward, hitting the amphibious Pokémon during its attack. Gladwin winced as Croagunk rolled in the dirt post-collision, knowing the Poison-Type's Dry Skin didn't take kindly to Fire. Still, that wouldn't be enough to take it out of the fight.

Last edited:

Cole Forrest​

Battling: Cole/Galarian Meowth & Wilford/Monferno vs Tanner/Breloom & Gladwin/Croagunk

Honestly, Cole was expecting Wilford to snap at him for using the "wrong" Pokemon, but he didn't. Good.

Then he can at least show Wilford what he meant when he spoke of contest-style battling.

Tanner, however, was confused why the hell Gladwin didn't poison his Breloom. He knew the Thwackey had used Taunt, but he could've at least tried to before the Thwackey used Taunt.

Whatever, he snarled as he watched the Meowth take the Fake Out rather well. Almost too well.

Tanner then commanded the Breloom, taking stock on the Meowth as it tried to fight the Flinch. "Force Palm!" The Breloom rushed the recovering Meowth, who was just starting to get over the Flinch. As the glowing hand rushed at the Meowth, the Steel-Type sneered and managed to twist just as the Force Palm was thrown, hitting the Meowth on the shoulder and making it yowl in pain. His body shivered as paralysis took hold, and Cole sneered.

"Ohhh, that's very interesting." Cole hummed to himself, watching as the Meowth rolled with the hit so it did slightly less damage. He still yowled in pain, though, and Cole realized that Flail might do a lot more damage now. "Flail."

The Meowth yowled and his body glowed white before he thrashed about wildly, but even in his flailing, there was a hint of measured calculation about it. He grabbed and pulled at the Breloom's limbs and tail, using them against the Breloom as he threw himself about using the Breloom's limbs to attack him.

Cole looked over at Wilford and grinned. "When you get the chance, throw a Fire-Type move at my Meowth please and thanks~." He chuckled, knowing exactly what he was doing and clearly believing his Meowth won't stutter from paralysis.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Battling: Wilford/Monferno & Cole/Galarian Meowth vs Gladwin/Croagunk & Tanner/Breloom

Wilford watched with a raised brow as Cole's Meowth slightly shifted its body to avoid the brunt of Breloom's Force Palm. Generally the rich young man preferred to dodge in such a manner to avoid damage as a whole, but considering such wasn't always possible, being able to mitigate damage was a worthwhile compromise. Such maneuvering enabled the Meowth to grab hold of the Mushroom Pokémon and begin flailing about wildly, likely disorienting the opponent in the process. Hearing Cole's request for a Fire Type move aimed at Meowth would've earlier cause Wilford to tilt his head in confusion, but considering Cole was primed to face the consequences of such risks, he had no problem doing what he was told.

"You heard him! Ember at Meowth" The Monferno looked back at Wilford with confusion before spitting a spark of flame towards the metallic cat, unaware that Gladwin had kept his eyes peeled on the interaction, waiting for his moment to strike. Gladwin clapped twice, prompting the Croagunk to get up and aim a Sucker Punch at Meowth's head. Hopefully, the element of surprise will supplement the effectiveness Croagunk attack while freeing up Breloom to make a power play.

Last edited:

Cole Forrest​

Unfortunately, there was no avoiding the Force Palm in its entirety, and it was an impressive feat by itself that he was able to dodge the brunt of the attack while flinching.

The Croagunk charged forwards with a Sucker Punch primed, but the Meowth did not stay on the Breloom. As soon as the Embers were thrown his way, he backflipped off the Breloom after pushing it towards the Croagunk, tripping both Pokemon as he unleashed shiny black coins from his swiping claws, the Pay Day taking the fire and becoming cloaked in flames as they battered the two Pokemon. Thankfully, the Meowth wasn't affected by the paralysis at all.

Cole giggled, of course, sneering wildly that the attack worked. "Daamn, that's kind of sad. Pitiful, even." He was cracking up, wheezing a little to himself.

Tanner glared at him. "You think it's that funny? Breloom, Bulldoze!" The Breloom looked over at the Croagunk and yelled at it to get on its back before slamming an earthen cloaked foot on the ground, sending a shockwave of damaging Ground energy towards both Meowth and the Monferno to deal damage and lower their speed.

Cole grinned. "Night Slash the ground!" The Meowth yowled as his claws glowed with dark energy and he slashed at the ground, pushing off of the ground with the attack to jump up into the air and avoid the Bulldoze entirely.

Tanner saw an opportunity to beat this annoying opponent. "Gladwin, now!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Wilford smirked as firey currency pelted his opponents. Once again, Cole's planning proved fruitful. Naturally, anything that was good news for Wilford was unfortunate news for Gladwin, Croagunk's Dry Skin exacerbating the damage suffered. However, his luck was due to change. The Mushroom Pokémon sent a shockwave through the ground, threatening a devastating hit and reducing the speed of their opponents. Croagunk avoided these risks by mounting its partner. Monferno leaped above the battlefield until the shockwaves subsided. A golden opportunity presented itself as the metallic cat went airborne to avoid the Ground type attack.

Following Tanner's cue, Gladwin commanded Croagunk to use Drain Punch, leading the poisonous frog to aim a strike at the airborne cat. In response to this, Wilford opted to ignore the above collision for a seemingly clear shot.

"Fire Punch at Breloom!" Using its speed, Monferno leaped towards the Mushroom Pokemon, his eyes and fist ignited with fury.

Last edited:

Cole Forrest​

The fiery fake coins did damage both the Pokemon thankfully, but now there was a slight problem.

When one is airborne, they had limited mobility to do anything unless they had wings or something to help them move. When the Croagunk was about to jump off the Breloom (with the mushroom thing assisting), Cole shouted. "Use their momentum!"

Right as the Croagunk got close, the Meowth's claws shone with dark energy. Night Slash wasn't very effective against the Croagunk, but it did help in lessening the damage of the Drain Punch and hold on to the frog's arm. Grabbing the Croagunk's arm, the Meowth was able to flip backwards, using the Croagunk's momentum to have them somersaulting.

Then, the Croagunk hit the ground with the Meowth on top, getting rid of whatever health the Croagunk received from the attack. His claws shone with bright light and he began to savagely attack with Fury Swipes on the downed Croagunk.

Meanwhile, the Breloom was having its own issues. He was not expecting the Fire Punch and there wasn't a whole lot he could do against the fire monkey. Tanner clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Force Palm!"

The Breloom was hit with flames first however, and then his body lit up with residual flames.

Cole's eyes widened and he laughed with glee. "Haha~! You burned it!" Honestly, this feeling was more addicting than gambling.

Still, the Breloom fired his palm towards the Monferno, hoping it would hit even if it was for meager damage at this point. Tanner was staring at the complete and utter domination before him, realizing that there was nothing they could do to turn this around. Not unless the Force Palm paralyzed the Monferno, which it had a 30% chance in doing.

Still, he doubted it would do anything. He looked at Gladwin, defeat in his eyes.

It was over.

Cole, of course, saw this silent look and he chuckled as he spoke to Wilford quietly. "Ohhh, someone's already lost the will to fight~. Looks like we obliterated his spirit just like we did their Pokemon~. Surely a win for us~."

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
August 2nd

Wilford's brow rose upon hearing Cole's announcement; he had forgotten that Fire Punch had a chance to burn its opponent. Monferno hardly budged from the Breloom's Force Palm, raising his fists for future commands once he regained his footing. Wilford and Gladwin looked at Cole's Meowth battering Gladwin's Croagunk with Fury Swipes, the latter seemingly unable to escape the former's assault. With both of them turning to their respective teammates, it was clear that the battle had concluded.

Silently nodding, Gladwin returned Croagunk to its Pokéball to spare him further pain. After putting the Pokéball away, Gladwin focused on the rich young man standing before him. Gladwin wanted walk away without saying anything else. Alas, his better judgment compelled him to offer a handshake, an offer Wilford took without much fanfare. The Rotom Drone recording the battle picked up on the emergent conclusion, altering its display accordingly:

"Tanner and Gladwin forfeit against Cole and Wilford. Trainer rankings will update promptly!"

The Rotom Drone flew away once its announcement finished, prompting Wilford to check his phone to see the specifics. Upon seeing his rank increase to 69,398 points, he smiled before putting away his device and recalling Monferno.

"I believe we're done here," Wilford placed his Pokéball in the suitcase while speaking to his opponents, "While I'd love to watch you two claw your way out of the depths, my associate and I have better things to do. Best of luck."

"Take your luck and shove it down your throat," Gladwin sneered as he walked away, "We'll be right back where we started after the Viridian City Tournament anyway."

Gladwin's words piqued Wilford's interest, but the black-haired trainer had already made a noticeable distance between them.

Guess I'll have to look into that myself after catching that Mimikyu.

Cole Forrest​

WCS Rank: 75,432 -> 72,303

Interactions: Wilford Pine (sSoul), Tanner & Gladwin

The shock on the Breloom's face that the Force Palm did practically little - and then seeing his partner being shredded behind the fire monkey... It was enough to make one back off.

The Galarian Meowth growled as the Croagunk was pulled away before he was able to let off real steam. Huffing, he was then promptly returned before he made a big scene. Tanner also returned his Breloom, sighing.

Cole watched as Gladwin and Wilford shared a terse handshake, so he walked up, Tanner coming up to shake his hand politely. After hearing the Rotom buzz about the change in rankings, Cole didn't look. But Tanner did, and he sighed again depressingly.

It was enough to make one wonder what exactly he was fighting so hard for...

While Cole found it fascinating, he didn't want to cause problems in Hammerlocke - let alone Spikemuth before he even got there.

Hearing of the tournament, Cole looked at Tanner questioningly. While Wilford and Gladwin shared a very dismissive back and forth, Cole held his tongue. Not out of politeness, but because he'd rather not cause anymore issues he can't afford to make. Tanner saw the dark inquisitiveness in Cole's eyes, then scoffed. "It's the WCS tournament in Kanto. It's on the ninth of this month. I would suggest getting ready if you're thinking on heading there."

With that, Tanner left, and Cole was still silent. Not because of anything, but while the high of the battle felt wonderful and he wanted to continue chasing that feeling... It didn't linger. It left just as quickly as the high came and it left him feeling bitter. It wasn't enough. They needed to be better...

Even checking his new WCS ranking didn't do anything to make him feel better... It was such a high number still... He needed to lower it further.

Dissatisfying...

Clicking his tongue, Cole stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans and looked over at Wilford, his tone and expression now bored - a stark juxtaposition to the giggles and mad glee he held during the fight at intervals. "Well, guess we got our next small goal. We should do a few things first before we head there. And I need to evolve my Meowth." He then looked over at a nearby hotel, his bored eyes staring at it with disinterest. Then looked about in a sweeping gaze to make sure no one overheard him before deciding to tease Wilford with a grin. "We need to feed those Pokemon. Or else they won't battle very well. An engine can't run without enough fuel to keep it going." He then looked over at him and smirked. "It'd be a shame if you lagged behind me just because you forgot your tools needed maintenance." He teased and chuckled, awaiting for Wilford's next move. "I also am very interested in meeting your butler, even if it's short."

Last edited: