• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Travels Discussion!

Should we do different teams on each mission?

• Total voters

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
RP link: https://pokecharms.com/threads/strawberry-research-team.23341/
Hi everyone! Welcome to my very first RP! I finally got the courage to try and make one myself, so feel free to provide all the feedback possible to help me improve :) I also have to admit I am not an expert in Pokemon (I have played most of the games, but just for fun and the story, I'm terrible at competitive), so feel free to provide any information useful to me. Anyways, let's go ahead and talk about the RP itself.

This won't be the typical roleplay where you get a starter and travel to collet your gym badges, it will be more opened than that. The idea is to travel all over the Pokemon world with friends and have lots of adventures! So we won't be limited to one region and you can get really creative with your Pokemon friends :)

Now the story will be the following: Your character has just been invited to participate in a special team. This special team will be sent out all over the world to help out with research, so basically lab assistants! Of course your character can be specialized in different areas. You can have a Pokemon trainer, a breeder or even a coordinator! Now the name of the professor is Professor Strawberry (Yes, like the fruit) and her goal is to uncover as many mysteries of the Pokemon world as possible!

So are you ready to travel with friends? Ready to meet new people and Pokemon? Maybe get a rival or even fall in love? Well not so fast! You have to read the rules first :p

Rules:
  • All Pokecharms rules apply!
  • Romance is allowed just keep it PG-13.
  • One character per person, this is because I sometimes struggle to keep up, sorry!
  • No fighting, I mean it!
  • Be active :) I know we are all busy, but at least let us know if you can't post.
  • Admit that Canadian bacon is better :p
  • Have fun!
Now that you read the rules, please fill out the following form. This is your application to the Strawberry team!

Full Name:
Birth date: (Yes we will celebrate birthdays for our characters)
Relationship status:
Description:
Pokemon team: (Pokemon and Nickname is only needed)

I left things like personality and clothes out because those can be developed or change during the RP. There is no limit to how many Pokemon you can have because supposedly everyone has experience and those who dedicate to catching them might have several already, but you can only carry six at a time!

Okay I think that is it for now, I await your applications!

People who asked me to tag them: @Red Gallade @Clite of Dragonbow

Last edited:
Thanks for the mention! This looks interesting, I'll worry about making my character soon but idk what they'd specialize in. I do have a few questions.
Is there a limit to how many fully evolved/pseudos we can start off with?
What should we put down within Relationship Status and Description?

Expect me to be very descriptive when it comes to describing my character's appearance when the RP starts.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
I guess your Pokemon depend on what your character does. For example a 25 year old trainer probably has a full grown team while a researcher has one or two who just gained experience every now and then.
Description would be their physical look, height, weight, eyes and hair, build and things like that.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Sorry for the double post! Just wanted to post my character in case you guys want an idea of how to do it :)

Full Name: Mary Tokei
Birth date: January 19
Relationship status: Single
Description: Mary is 5'4 and weights 113 lbs. She has straight dark brown her that goes down to her shoulders, however she has the edges dyed dark green. She has a slim figure and peachy skin.
Pokemon team:
Empoleon (Napoleon)
Pikachu (Michi)
Togetic (Toki)
Cherrim (Cherry)

Hope this is a good example! And she is my character :)

Last edited:
Full Name: Damien T. Redheart
Birth date: march 21
Occupation: Resercher and breeder, focuses on pokemon care, theur needs and enviromenth as well as interactions.
Relationship status: single
Description: black haired, with usually messy hair, Damien has brown eyes and is 5'10 tall and quite thin. He usually doesn't take much care of himself, sleeping on the desk with lots of books and papers of his research. Although he is kind of absentminded and may forget about various things. He is also a very kind and softhearted person and he loves meet with pokemon and people. He is kind of shy too..
Pokemon team:
Wooloo (Aries)
Liepard (Luna)
Hitmonlee (Shen)
Absol (Rider)
Dragonite (King)
Hometown: Castelia City (Unova)

So here is mine character..

Last edited:
Full Name: Donatello "Don" McCoy
Birth date: June 3
Relationship status: Single (For now ;))
Hometown: Turffield (Galar)
Description: Standing at 5'10" with a decently slim body build, Fair skin, Olive colored eyes and somewhat smooth Black hair that goes down to his chin. He wears a pair of rectangular glasses and can't see well without them.
Starting clothing: Donatello wears a Black turtleneck shirt under a dark grey open knee long smart jacket, Charcoal colored pants and Brown shoes with Black soles.
Pokemon team:
Corviknight (Male)
Electivire (Male)
Magmortar (Female)
Mr Rime (Male)
Salamence (Female)
Gourgeist (Super sized, Female)

Last edited:
Full Name: Pierre Simon
Birth date: May 23rd
Hometown: Coumarine City, Kalos
Occupation: Researcher, specializing in Pokémon moves and the benefits of Pokémon Battles. Pokémon Trainer on the side.
Relationship status: Single
Description: Stands at 5’9. Long wavy black hair, dark brown eyes, somewhat skinny. He likes to act all formal and proper, but in reality he’s a huge geek who's very passionate about his work. He often gets lost in thought, especially when doing research. Despite being rather intelligent, he's not the most socially aware and has a tendency to go on tangents when talking to others.
Pokémon Team:
Windrunner (Jumpluff M)
Don (Smeargle M)
Banshee (Cursola F)
Tick (Turtonator M)
(He'll likely catch more Pokémon as the RP progresses.)

Last edited:
Oooooooooooohhhh. It's been so long since I've been in a pokémon rp. This should definitely be fun! Here's my character. (This is still accepting right?)

Full Name: Neon Barry
Birth date: June 24
Occupation: Trainer and researcher. (Mainly researches mega evolution. I know Red Gallade's character studies evolution, but that's only normal evolution right?)
Relationship status: Single at the moment.
Sexuality: Straight
Description: Neon is tall and slim, standing at 6'01". He has tan skin, dark brown eyes, and black hair with dark blue tips. He isn't a bodybuilder or anything like that, but he has visible muscle, like a professional sprinter.
Starting clothing: He wears a dark blue zip up jacket and a black t-shirt underneath, along with black sports pants with two dark blue lines running down each leg. He also wears dark blue tennis shoes and black fingerless gloves. He also has a backpack with all the essential trainer suppies. (And food and water and stuff he needs to survive, but, eh.) He has a watch on his left hand with a keystone in the middle where the hands connect. (Admin approved.)
Personality: Neon is casual and friendly, often cracking a joke at every opportunity to break the ice. He makes friends easily and is enjoyable to be around. However, despite his casual demeanor, he is actually very intelligent, being smarter than almost everyone he meets. He doesn't say this out loud of course, he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. When things get serious, he also gets serious, losing the joking and casual personality for a cold and focused one. He loves his pokémon and they love him. His pokémon are extremely loyal and would do anything for him. He has an especially good bond with Pulsio, who is his partner and the first pokémon he ever got. (He will probably have character development, along with me adding to this from time to time.)
Pokémon team: Pulsio the Lucario (Neon's partner and strongest pokémon, capable of mega evolution, also admin approved), Wildfire the Charizard, Dusty the Slaking, Whiplash the Greninja, Hexcalibur the Aegislash, Nightshot the Dragapult.
Pokémon in PCs that he can switch out: Mako the Garchomp, Sobek the Krookodile, Aurora the Glaceon, Flux the Magnezone, Surge the Toxtricity(Amped Up), Yadon the Slowbro(Kantonian), Prometheus the Alakazam, Titan the Metagross, Sylvia the Sylveon.
And...I think that's it.

Last edited: