• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Wild West Discussion

Texas
Yee haw.

~~~

Lets take Pokémon to the wild west where life was much more harsh and less caring. This is not for 10 year olds going off on their first adventure because they most likely won't make it to 11 or 12.
The small twists in this wild west is that guns and ammo are rare, mostly owned by the rich, police, and gangs. So keep a good knife on you. Ammo is also not lethal to Pokémon or this role play would just get ugly.
And while I don't expect anyone to injure or kill anyone else, if somehow the role play leads to that, your target/victim must give consent before you even show your intent to harm.

You are free to be whatever you'd like. Sheriff, police officer, cowboy, rancher, gang leader/member, and native Americans (if you have the respect knowledge. If not, reconsider.) , etc.

Rules
remember ammo is scarce so don't go having a shoot out every single day this is why it's Pokémon as well.

There are no pokeballs. Party limit is 4, only 1 fully evolved to start with if you want one.

Character Sheet
Name:

Appearance:

Livelihood:

Pokemon:

History (optional):

Last edited:
This seems interesting, getting a lot of Red Dead Redemption vibes from something like this. I might see about making a character, but before I do, are there any notable locations in this RP world of yours or can we come up with some?

Also, do Poke balls exist or do the Pokemon you have just travel with you?

This seems interesting, getting a lot of Red Dead Redemption vibes from something like this. I might see about making a character, but before I do, are there any notable locations in this RP world of yours or can we come up with some?

Also, do Poke balls exist or do the Pokemon you have just travel with you?
Come up with your own as long as they fit the reality of the real world, just with Pokemon. No one in or joining is a history professor I doubt but I atleast expect common sense.

And the rules state no pokeballs along w limit info

I may edit this later.

His hunting Name: Sam Bass

Appearance: Sam is 5'5 ft man with short dirty blonde hair. Caucasian, fairly tan, fairly muscular, average build, his left eye is green and his right is blue. He has a horizontal scar across his left cheek from a bullet.

Sam wears a red bandana with a skull and crossbones on it(around his neck), brown gogo goggles also around his neck. He has a dark brown cowboy(anson), with a bright red band. A red and white striped dress shirt with the sleeves pulled up to his elbows, maroon leather vest. Faded brown pants with big red patches. Reddish brown leather belt with a large silver belt buckle shaped like fire with a gold 'S' in the center. His bowboy boots are black with scarlet red flames on them(pointy tip). His boots have silver spurs with 5 prong stars. He has an olive green knapsack with a sleeping bag strapped to the top and a pickaxe dangling from the side.

Personality: Sam is loud and rowdy. He loves to raise hell and say things like "bringing the heat", "if you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen", or "It's trailblazing time". Hes friendly, and always willing to make friends.

Livelihood: prospector

Pokemon:

Clint/Coalossal(shiny)(male)
Clint likes to act tough ,but is generally laid back and carefree.

Wayne/Growlithe(male)
Wayne is loud, hyper, easily excited, and loves attention.

(Taylor)Ponyta(female)
Taylor's is very friendly ,but less hyper than Wayne. Taylor is also very competitive.

History (optional): Sam's father was a bartender ,and his mother helped his father manage the saloon. His older brother went on to become a rancher and his older sister became a teacher. Sam was the youngest and took up prospecting. He loves exploring, and the thrill of finding valuable metals like iron, copper, or gold.

Fun facts:

Sam Bass is a notorious texas outlaw

All of Sam's pokémon are named famous actors that played as cowboys

Clint Eastwood

John Wayne

Buck Taylor

Sam has a large patch on his right hip which acts as a makeshift holster he hides his revolver in.

His revolver is gray like smoke, and has silver embellishment around the barrel and grip. The trigger, cylinder, and hammer are red.

Theres a long patch on his left ankle, he keeps a hunting knife hidden in. The handle is polishes hickory wood with the edges of the blade painted red.

What region will they be in?

I may edit this later.

His hunting Name: Sam Bass

Appearance: Sam is 5'5 ft man with short dirty blonde hair. Caucasian, fairly tan, fairly muscular, average build, his left eye is green and his right is blue. He has a horizontal scar across his left cheek from a bullet.

Sam wears a red bandana with a skull and crossbones on it(around his neck), brown gogo goggles also around his neck. He has a dark brown cowboy(anson), with a bright red band. A red and white striped dress shirt with the sleeves pulled up to his elbows, maroon leather vest. Faded brown pants with big red patches. Reddish brown leather belt with a large silver belt buckle shaped like fire with a gold 'S' in the center. His bowboy boots are black with scarlet red flames on them(pointy tip). His boots have silver spurs with 5 prong stars. He has an olive green knapsack with a sleeping bag strapped to the top and a pickaxe dangling from the side.

Personality: Sam is loud and rowdy. He loves to raise hell and say things like "bringing the heat", "if you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen", or "It's trailblazing time". Hes friendly, and always willing to make friends.

Livelihood: prospector

Pokemon:

Clint/Coalossal(shiny)(male)
Clint likes to act tough ,but is generally laid back and carefree.

Wayne/Growlithe(male)
Wayne is loud, hyper, easily excited, and loves attention.

(Taylor)Ponyta(female)
Taylor's is very friendly ,but less hyper than Wayne. Taylor is also very competitive.

History (optional): Sam's father was a bartender ,and his mother helped his father manage the saloon. His older brother went on to become a rancher and his older sister became a teacher. Sam was the youngest and took up prospecting. He loves exploring, and the thrill of finding valuable metals like iron, copper, or gold.

Fun facts:

Sam Bass is a notorious texas outlaw

All of Sam's pokémon are named famous actors that played as cowboys

Clint Eastwood

John Wayne

Buck Taylor

Sam has a large patch on his right hip which acts as a makeshift holster he hides his revolver in.

His revolver is gray like smoke, and has silver embellishment around the barrel and grip. The trigger, cylinder, and hammer are red.

Theres a long patch on his left ankle, he keeps a hunting knife hidden in. The handle is polishes hickory wood with the edges of the blade painted red.

What region will they be in?
Approved. And it literally explains at the beginning lol

Approved. And it literally explains at the beginning lol
I saw Texas, are we using Texas town names? Cause I'm from texas and I know a hella lot of towns. Waco being my favorite cause I live near there. Though Lubbock, El Paso, Fort Worth, Amarillo, or San Antonio would make a better towns for western scenery.

The reason why I brought this up was because I wasn't sure if you wanted the RP to actually take place in Texas or simply inspired by it.

Name: Flint "Buckshot" Brooks

Appearance: stands at 5'11, 165 Ibs. Has shaggy dark brown neck length hair, hazel eyes, and scruffy 5 oclock facial hair. He covers his eyes with his iconic orange hued circle sunglasses.
The rest of his outfit consists of a dirty dark brown stetson hat with a Pidgeott feather attached to it.
Half the time he wears a worn black duster jacket with a Tyrantrum skull patch sowed on the back.
He wears a dark maroon vest with either a black or white button up under it, top few buttons undone. He has faded gray pants tucked into black pointy boots.
His weapon of choice is the LaMat revolver which holds 9 rounds rather than the typical 5 of 6. What makes the LaMat a neat gun is the single round shotgun barrel underneath, giving Flint the nickname Buckshot. He also haa a 6 inch hunting knife tucked in his boot and a pair of silver painted brass knuckles.

Livelihood: Leader of the Tyrantrum Brothers. A small, but growing and known gang around northeast Texas. Known for robbery of stage coaches, isolated businesses, and camp sites.

Pokemon: Tauros M (Greer)
Salandit F (Ivey)
Murkrow M (Midnight)

History: Flint was born on a small farm between Fort Worth and Dallas. At the age of 8, law enforcement misidentified his father as a member of a gang known for killings and robberies around the area and they executed him where he stood - on their property with no trial. Growing through his teens always despising law enforcement, he regularly practiced with his revolver, once belonging to his dad. When he left home at 17, he slowly recruited a small number of bandits and over the next 7 years has made himself and his gang, the Tyrantrum Brothers, a known threat across northeast Texas..

Last edited:
I saw Texas, are we using Texas town names? Cause I'm from texas and I know a hella lot of towns. Waco being my favorite cause I live near there. Though Lubbock, El Paso, Fort Worth, Amarillo, or San Antonio would make a better towns for western scenery.

The reason why I brought this up was because I wasn't sure if you wanted the RP to actually take place in Texas or simply inspired by it.

100% real world Texas just with Pokemon. I'm personally starting around Dallas just for the hell of it.

Name: Cain Gulliver

Appearance: Standing at 5'11" with Fair skin, an athletic body build, dark Green eyes and smooth short Brown hair. His attire consists of a White shirt under a dark Red vest with a fancy design, Black pants and Black boots with Silver spurs, above this, he wears a shin long closed Black leather coat with two straps crossing over his chest and a small Black poncho with a red interior and lining and a Black hat decorated with a pair of Honchkrow feathers on the left side.
He carries with him an Colt 1851 Navy Revolver, a lasso and a 5 inch hunting knife.

Livelihood: Bounty Hunter.

Pokemon: Mudsdale (Female, Greta)
Solrock (Sunny)
Emolga (Male, Jolt)

History: Cain was born in a small village between his mother who mainly handled housework and his father who served as the Sheriff. Cain's life was peaceful for the most part before a terrible incident that changed his life forever, a massive group of bandits invaded his hometown and went around raiding their homes of everything they had and killing most of the villagers there, including Cain's parents. Cain's mother died just before successfully hiding Cain in a secret area in their house while Cain's father was executed fort he whole gang to see, Cain never left his hiding spot for what felt like forever, that was until the sounds of gunfire was heard once again, after the sounds died down, Cain was shocked as someone had found him, but it wasn't a bandit, but a bounty hunter who took Cain in and raised him as his own. Under Cain's new mentor, most of his life was spent training himself in combat and shooting, over time he managed to meet and bond with a few Pokemon. One day, Cain's mentor had mysteriously vanished without any trace, now Cain takes up bounty hunting by himself and hopes he can find out what happened to the man that made him who he is today.

Name: Cain Gulliver

Appearance: Standing at 5'11" with Fair skin, an athletic body build, dark Green eyes and smooth short Brown hair. His attire consists of a White shirt under a dark Red vest with a fancy design, Black pants and Black boots with Silver spurs, above this, he wears a shin long closed Black leather coat with two straps crossing over his chest and a small Black poncho with a red interior and lining and a Black hat decorated with a pair of Honchkrow feathers on the left side.
He carries with him an Colt 1851 Navy Revolver, a lasso and a 5 inch hunting knife.

Livelihood: Bounty Hunter.

Pokemon: Mudsdale (Female, Greta)
Solrock (Sunny)
Emolga (Male, Jolt)

History: Cain was born in a small village between his mother who mainly handled housework and his father who served as the Sheriff. Cain's life was peaceful for the most part before a terrible incident that changed his life forever, a massive group of bandits invaded his hometown and went around raiding their homes of everything they had and killing most of the villagers there, including Cain's parents. Cain's mother died just before successfully hiding Cain in a secret area in their house while Cain's father was executed fort he whole gang to see, Cain never left his hiding spot for what felt like forever, that was until the sounds of gunfire was heard once again, after the sounds died down, Cain was shocked as someone had found him, but it wasn't a bandit, but a bounty hunter who took Cain in and raised him as his own. Under Cain's new mentor, most of his life was spent training himself in combat and shooting, over time he managed to meet and bond with a few Pokemon. One day, Cain's mentor had mysteriously vanished without any trace, now Cain takes up bounty hunting by himself and hopes he can find out what happened to the man that made him who he is today.
Approved. Will make the rp thread later this evening.

I know, I'm just trying to think on what Cain would be doing at such a late hour, either resting in town or riding his Mudsdale.

It may be obvious, but yes, Greta (Mudsdale) serves as Cain's mount and toughest Pokemon.

I thought about having a rapidash for that very same reason ,but decided against it cause fully evolving a rolycoly would be harder than evolving a ponyta... if we are allowed to evolve our pokémon in the future.

I thought about having a rapidash for that very same reason ,but decided against it cause fully evolving a rolycoly would be harder than evolving a ponyta... if we are allowed to evolve our pokémon in the future.
Yes full evolution of your team possible. I just didn't want peoole starting off OP and it has more character build having unevolved pokemon

Trying to think on how to have Cain proceed; either go to the next day where he has his drink with the Sheriff and they reminisce about how they met before Cain decides to hunt another bounty.

I feel like it'd be too soon for him to find a bounty on Flint and idk how it'd turn out as I remember you said you didn't want guns to play too big of a role.