• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokethulhu - Pen and Paper Pokemon

I'm not sure if anyone around here has ever heard of Pokethulhu...
It's essentially a spoofy crossbreed of Pokemon and the Cthulhu mythos, from the creator of Risus.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any pen-and-paper systems that might be a bit better at recreating Pokemon, without being ludicrous. I thought of modifying Pokethulhu itself for the purpose, but I'd want some other opinions on what would need changing.

Clearly, the system of types would need to be altered. It may be easier to go back to some earlier stages of Pokemon to start with, since I imagine it would be easier to recreate Red and Blue era Pokemon in a pen-and-paper system than it would be to do so for a Pearl or Diamond era Pokemon.

Back in the day, I remember there being GURPS Pocket Monsters and Big Eyes, Small Mouth: Cute and Furry Seizure Monsters. The former wasn't an official product, so I can't find any information on it. The latter was actually published, but I think it's out of print. You might be able to find a copy of it somewhere, though. Beyond that, I'm not aware of there being any official RPG supplements that parody Pokemon. There might be Beastmaster classes in some RPGs, but I doubt they'd be anything like Pokemon.