• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokézarre Adventures

@RenzFlintrock @Red Gallade

I'm making a written works series called pokézarre adventures. Naming the series Saba's adventures seemed a bit pretentious. It's basically just a bunch of pokémon travelling across Sinnoh in a mystery dungeons fashion. Would you like to make a character for me? Feel free to make your character however you want. How you decide to make your character is purely up to you. My goal is to simply implement them into the story. If you decide to make a character, I will attempt to implement it like you have described. Minor warning, sorry if I have your character do something or say something you wouldn't regularly have them do, sorry! That may likely happen. In the written works series I'm making I plan to take some elements from pokémon mystery dungeons ,and some from jojo's bizarre adventures ,and maybe a few from the core pokémon series games.

Here is the bio sheet if you decided you want to make a character;

name:
nickname: (optional)
pokémon species:
distinctive features:
personality:
goal in life:
hobbies:
backstory:
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?:
moves: (8 max)

Here is part 1 if your interested in seeing it.
https://pokecharms.com/works/sabas-bizarre-adventures.57906/

Here's Saba's bio if your interested in seeing it. I posted it on the written works series too.

name: Saba
nickname: N/A
pokémon species: sableye
distinctive features: He's a shiny sableye ,and gogo goggles around his neck ,and a worn brown leather shoulder bag with a large olive green patch sewn on the bottom.
personality: Saba is a bit childish, reckless, and sometimes naive. Despite this, he tries to be a good mon. Saba cares about his friends ,and when push comes to shove, he can really prove to be fairly mature and responsible. Though other times he's goofy, loud ,and obsessed with jewels and gemstones. He always makes sure to split rewards fairly ,but would rather have gemstones over gold or other treasure.
goal in life:
hobbies: Saba enjoys collecting jewels, eating them, relaxing, napping adventuring ,and sight seeing.
dislikes: selfish individuals, bullies, and fighting
backstory: Saba grew up in Mt. Coronet. Saba was just a simple pokémon that enjoyed finding gems and other rare stones. It brought him joy ,but he yearned for travel. Though he was never interested enough to risk it due to the fact that many pokémon in the wild are dangerous. Though Saba always had made reckless decisions ,and this was no exception. He assumed he'd never get hurt, and everything would be just fine. For the first time, Saba would go out on an adventure, who knows what Saba would do or see out on his adventure.
moves: scratch, confuse ray, power gem, thief, shadow ball, shadow sneak, dig, and rest.

Thank you for mentioning me in something like this, I always enjoy making characters for things like these! I might give you a character or three.

Question: Should we add their Pokemon move sets as well when we make them?

And when I saw the title, I thought. "Does this mean there's gonna be Stands?" Now I know that's not the case.

Thank you for mentioning me in something like this, I always enjoy making characters for things like these! I might give you a character or three.

Question: Should we add their Pokemon move sets as well when we make them?

And when I saw the title, I thought. "Does this mean there's gonna be Stands?" Now I know that's not the case.

You can give them whatever moves they can learn. Any combination as well. I like giving people that creative opportunity.

Sadly there will be no jojo stands. When I say elements from jojo I'm purely referencing to the fact that in jojo, the characters go on crazy adventures, and there will be tough fights occasionally.

Name: Louis
Nickname: Lou
Pokémon species: Mawile
Distinctive features: His large back jaw has a golden tooth. He wears a Black and White winter scarf around his neck.
Personality: Louis is first seen as a laid back and carefree individual, never afraid to talk back or lace situations with his sarcastic humor. That said, despite his sass, he can still be friendly if he wants to be and always does what he can to help anyone out. Although he can be very cruel when angry, to the point where he wouldn't mind breaking a few bones belonging to whomever ticked him off, this side of himself is something he's 'unfortunately' aware of and does his best to "bury it."
Goal in life: Just to have a simple life of equal parts peaceful and thrilling.
Hobbies: Relaxing, honing his skills via training from time to time, enjoying what he considers a "good drink" (Aka, sweet, cold and fizzy.)
Likes: Fresh air, Clear weather, Sweet things, Winning fights and Peace and quiet.
Dislikes: Rain, Getting dirty, Too many rules, Chesto berries.
Louis was born within a gang of bandits between his Mawile mother and his Perrserker father who was the gang's leader and lived up in the mountains. For most of his life, Louis only knew violence and cruelty as his gang went about lying, stealing and cheating, Louis' mother was the only parent who actually cared for her child and secretly hated the life she lead, telling Louis how she was "stolen" after her village was destroyed and taught Louis the joy of kindness and helping others, much to his father's disgust. For the most part, Louis mainly stayed withing camp to help his mother or any other bandits, some of the latter were more grateful than others.

One day, Louis' gang was attacked by a rival bandit gang lead by a Bisharp who declared that all property in the mountains belonged to him and a brutal battle broke out, Louis' mother went in to hiding while Louis did his best to fight everyone off, but the Bisharp's gang had the advantage in numbers. Louis confronted the Bisharp and demanded to battle; if the Bisharp won, the gang yield everything they have, but if the Mawile won, Bisharp's gang leaves and never returns, with a cruel smile the Bisharp agreed while Louis' father watched, confident that his son was strong enough. The battle lasted what almost seemed like forever, but with one last powerful blow, the Bisharp knocked Louis hard against a wall hard enough for his large jaws to lose a tooth.

When the battle was over, the Bisharp's gang went and took everything the Perrserker's gang had, the former approached Louis one last time and gifted him a golden tooth to replace his old one, calling it a "sign of respect" before leaving. Louis' father was furious with his son, berating him non-stop, his mother wanted to interfere, but was too afraid to step in, in the end, Louis' father exiled him and said he had one day to grab whatever he could and leave the gang forever.

Louis had mixed feeling about his banishment, while he was indeed free from the violence his gang were known so well for, he was removed from the only family he ever knew. Now he travels to make a newer and nicer living for himself.
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: I leave that up to you, GuY.
Moves: Iron Head, Crunch, Ice Beam, Thunder Punch, Fire Fang, Fairy Wind, Protect.

Spoiler: The next two I make are likely gonna be a duo of thieves.

Last edited:
Name: Hyacynth (almost nobody calls her this.)
Nickname: Cynth, Sour Flower (she tolerates Belle calling her this, but otherwise don’t do it unless you want a Poison Jab to the gut)
Pokémon Species: Roselia
Distinctive Features: Her petals are a little off the normal tint, with the blue petals being lighter and the red petals a tad darker than the norm. Her eyelashes are also a little longer, and you can spot her saucy posture a mile away. Her height is slightly above average. She also carries a small traveling pouch with a pink flower embroidered in the leather.
Personality: Hyacynth is a little bit of a brat. She can be rude, inconsiderate, and saucy. To her friends this is toned down to playful verbal jabs and sarcastic behavior, but to strangers she is much colder, to the extent of ignoring them or instantly dismissing them. She has a thirst for action, and thrives in adversity. It’s her greatest pleasure to rile up opponents and then subdue them with masterful jabs and stun them with her venom. She isn’t all cruel, of course. She just gets her fun out of humiliating people or irritating them. Around friends, it’s quite obvious her teasing is all in good spirits, even when she seems disgruntled by them. She respects anyone who gives a good show of wordplay or can hold their own against her. She is also pretty levelheaded, which serves her well in keeping herself out of trouble and in counteracting her hyperactive companion Snowbelle. The only time she seems less careful than her friend is when she’s faced with the prospect of adventure. She also prides herself on her appearance.
Goals: To have adventures, keep Snowbelle safe, become famous, and possibly find love. (She is unsure on the last one, but can’t help but hope she’ll meet the right guy some day.)
Hobbies: Wordplay, occasionally flirting, dancing (primarily forced, but she still enjoys it), giving others a hard time.
Likes: Friends (preferably people who can compete with her mentally or physically), winning, being paid complements (possibly the one time she’s polite to strangers), adventuring, music.
Dislikes: Being stuck in one place for too long, Fire, Staraptor, losing, getting insulted or backed into a corner in wordplay.
Backstory: Still working on this part :D have the general idea but I still have to write it down.
Activities prior to series: Traveling with Snowbelle, doing odd jobs from Quest Boards and performing.
Moves:
Poison Jab, Grass Knot, Attract, Pin Missile, Petal Blizzard,

moves that normally can’t be learned but I’m adding because it suits her: Taunt, Teeter Dance

Name: Snowbelle
Nickname: Belle, Bella, Jingle Bell (only Cynth calls her that)
Pokémon Species: Steenee
Distinctive Features: She stands out for the small white flower in her ‘hair’, her paler coloration, and the violin she carries strapped to her back. (Whether it’s Steenee sized or whether she plays it like a Cello is up to your own interpretation.)
Personality: Sweet and bubbly, she’s so different from Hyacynth that sometimes people are surprised they’re such good friends. Where Cynth tears people down, Bella is always there to build people up. She’s kind, supportive, and passionate about her dream of performing and music. She’s always cheering others on, and will go out of her way to assist someone in need if it’s within her power. Despite being timid compared to her friend and companion, she still has quite a bit of spunk to her and will fight back against Cynth whenever she deems it necessary. She has a passion for music and dancing, and was persuaded to join Cynth on the road to adventure just because of the opportunity to perform all over the region.
She always stands by what she thinks is right and is almost never afraid to speak out against what’s wrong. She’s a sweet, innocent soul, and it shows in everything she does, from the way she walks to her music and dancing to her tinkling laugh. And as much as she and her friend are so different, there’s nobody in the world Bella would rather travel with than her Sour Flower.
Goals: Have fun, bring happiness to others (especially through music), travel the region, see the ocean and play music on the beach
Hobbies: Music, Dance, Cheerleading
Likes: Nice People, performing, making new friends, hanging out with old ones, sweet foods
Dislikes: Mean People, sitting still for more than ten minutes, fighting with others, bitter foods, criminal activities
Backstory: Also planned but unwritten ;)
Activities prior to series: Same as Cynth
Moves: Rapid Spin, Triple Axel, Protect, Charm, Attract, Helping Hand, Bounce,

move that can’t normally be learned but I added because it makes sense: Grass Whistle

Other: Derp

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about them or how they behave! OuO

I like all of the characters so far.

Take your time Renz, no hurry.

I'm gonna go ahead and introduce three more characters and a tavern/inn. Hit it and Win it inn is a neat tavern. It has three floors. The base floor is the kitchen ,and dining area. Aspiring adventurers can take requests from the notice board found here. The second floor is where the rooms are. The basement is a large place where people fight and spar. It's called 'fight club'. It's simple and straight forward. Wanna prove your the toughest? Or maybe you just wanna train? Either way, your your always welcomed in the fight club as long as you fight fair. No items, no cheating, and all fights are 1 on 1. 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 fights can occur IF there are more pokémon watching to ensure nothing bad happens. The rooms are always nice and clean. Every room has a window, a bathroom ,and all the other commodities you'd expect an Inn to have. The beds vary from room to room. Some have as many as 1, 2, 3, or even 4.

Normally taverns prohibit or dissuade tavern brawls ,but at the Hit it and Win it Inn, their only rules on tavern brawls are simply; don;t break anything or hurt anyone bad enough to faint.

The Inn is called 'Hit it and Win it Inn'. Hit it and Win it Inn is a large Inn, located on route 210 of Sinnoh. It sits on a large steep cliffside ,and has a waterfall that runs off the cliffs edge right next to it. (with a stone bridge connecting both sides of the water way of course so nobody has to swim to get across)

It's ran be three brothers. A hitmonchan named Ren, hitmonlee named Ken, and a hitmontop named Jin. Ren handles the cooking and serving. Ken handles the fight club and also the notice board. Jin handles the cleaning ,and manages the rooms.

name: Ren
nickname: his brothers call him Reny
pokémon species: hitmonchan
distinctive features: he has a scar on his cheek like yamcha from dbz
personality: Ren is the oldest brother ,and oftentimes sees his self as being responsible for his two younger siblings. He is the laidback brother ,and is more reserved than his two brothers. Ren is also the smartest and most mature of the trio. He always tries to see to it that all of his guests have full bellies ,and a place to stay. he doesn't like it when others go hungry so he usually sets food to the side so that those unfortunate enough to lack money can have food. Those willing to help clean up around the place are always given a free nights stay at the Hit it and Win it Inn.
goal in life: His life goal is t serve the best food in all Sinnoh.
hobbies: He enjoys cooking, fighting, training, dieting, and gossiping.
likes: He enjoys talking ,and will talk your ear off if you let him, helping others ,and warm food.
dislikes: unhealthy food, hunger ,and wasted food/drinks.
backstory: The three brothers grew up in a fairly impoverished family ,and to overcome all sorts of hardships along the way. Ren learned to take care of his fellow pokémon and not to turn your back on anyone, no matter who they are.
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: He's in the Inn cooking food.
moves: bullet punch, drain punch, ice punch, fire punch, thunder punch, mega punch, coaching, and close combat.

name: Ken
nickname: his brothers call him Keny
pokémon species: hitmonlee
distinctive features: he looks angrier than normal hitmonlee(usually he is) ,and is slightly more darker than a regular hitmonlee
personality: Ken is the middle brother ,and sees himself as responsible for his younger brother ,but doesn't wanna be seen in the shadows of his older brother. Ken is very serious ,and can be easily angered when people don't follow rules or do things to make him mad. When he isn't angry, he's very passionate ,and loves to show off his fighting skills. Very few things in like matter more to him than fighting. Family, friends ,and good morals are a few of them. He values hard work ,and effort. You don't have to be the best, simply give it your best.
goal in life: He wants to train people to be as tough as they can be.
hobbies: fighting, training, sparring ,and teaching.
dislikes: liars, cheaters, bullies ,and rule breakers
backstory: Growing up through hardship taught Ken to be tough ,and to fight for what he wants. He also learned to take care of those who are willing to work for it.
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: he's in the basement tending to the fight club
moves: double kick, blaze kick, high jump kick, mega kick, stomping tantrum, low sweep, coaching ,and close combat.

name: Jin
nickname: his brothers call him Jiny
pokémon species: hitmontop
distinctive features: his head spike is longer than average hitmontop.
personality: Hitmontop is the youngest and most impatient of the three brothers. He's more prone to making rash decisions ,but always has the best of intentions. Being the youngest means he's usually overshadowed by his brothers ,and acts out rashly so he can make a name for himself. Despite this, he doesn't resent his brothers ,and still loves them dearly.
goal in life: his goal in life is to be the best pokémon he can be.
hobbies: fighting, training, cleaning ,and doing all the chores and things pokémon don't normally like doing.
dislikes: dirt, unfinished chores, and being late.
backstory: Being apart of the same family as his brothers, Jin knows what it's like to struggle ,and understands the hard work needed to get out of hard times. Jin learned to appreciate the things he has ,and not take anything for granted. He also learned that not everyone can be a leader ,and is more than happy to help wherever help is needed ,and always appreciate a helping hand when presented one.
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: He is cleaning the Inn rooms upstairs.
moves: fake out, revenge, counter, rapid spin, drill run, brutal swing, coaching ,and close combat.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
name: Jameson Edward Xavier III
nickname: Jex (barely ever tells anyone his real name)
pokémon species: Inteleon
distinctive features: He wears a brown bandana around his neck.
personality: Jex is relatively calm, he is afraid of almost nothing and can mediate most situations without violence. He is strategic and smart and hates being associated with those who are posh or stuck up. He has a fear of captivity and hates bullies.
goal in life: To make up for his past and protect those in need.
hobbies: Sharpshooting and parkour
dislikes: Tea, cages, pokeballs, cabbage and bullies
backstory: Jex was a trained assassin for a rich family of bureaucrats. He was mostly charged with taking out disloyal Pokémon and was often kept caged for weeks if he refused. One day he escaped and has not seen or heard from his master's in years.
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: On the run from the authorities after a misunderstanding where he was caught with the body of a dead Gardevoir, he was her bodyguard and was set up for her murder.
moves:
Acrobatics
Water Gun
Snipe Shot
Water Pulse
Tearful Look
Sucker Punch
Hydro Pump

Name: Adam
Nickname: He doesn't mind so long as it's not an insult.
Pokemon species: Kirlia
Distinctive features: His 'hair' and 'skirt' are slightly shorter than a usual Kirlia's. He wears a little necklace with an everstone around his neck underneath a brown tattered cloak that could cover his whole body.
Personality: He is laid back and informal yet kind and friendly, he is never afraid to talk back to anyone and loves finding extreme ways to have fun. When it comes to battling, he can show a serious and cruel side with morbid threats. He can be somewhat flirty toward females, but not so much as to try and woo them; Calling them 'sweetheart' most of the time regardless of their personality. He isn't above lying, stealing or cheating but only does it to those who he thinks "has it coming."
Goal in life: Get as rich as he can to live a life of luxury and find out what happened to his mentor.
Hobbies: Stealing.
Likes: Helping poor people, annoying rich or greedy people.
Dislikes: Following rules, being told what to do.
Background: Not much is known about who his family used to be, all that is known is that they died when Adam was very young, he was taken in by a notorious Blaziken thief who raised Adam as his own, teaching him how to survive in the world and against those who would wish to harm him. One day, Adam's mentor left suspiciously and never came back, the only thing he left behind was a little note which only said. 'Now you're ready.'
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: Stealing something most likely.
Moves: Psychic, Teleport, Double Team, Disarming Voice, Magical Leaf, Hypnosis, Fire Punch, Protect.

Name: Monica
Nickname: N/A
Pokemon species: Gothorita
Distinctive features: Her physical appearance is no different from your everyday Gothorita. She wears two straps that form an X on her chest as well as a belt with a few little bags to hold stuff and a white winter scarf around her neck.
Personality: Monica is somewhat happy go lucky and almost views everything as a game. She is very supportive when it comes to helping Adam who she secretly harbors feelings for. When it comes to treasure, she will do whatever she can to steal it but is aware of the limits of how much she should steal or what she should steal.
Goal in life: Get as rich as he can to live a life of luxury with Adam.
Hobbies: Simply being with Adam.
Likes: Helping poor people, annoying rich or greedy people, being with Adam
Dislikes: Following rules, being told what to do... unless it's Adam, getting dirty.
Backstory: Monica was rejected by her parents and had to either beg or steal to survive, she mainly focused on the latter as her Psychic abilities yielded better results... even if it made her hated by people. One day she attempted to pickpocket a hooded figure who was none other than Adam who caught her in the act, instead of hating or punishing her like everyone else, Adam taught her how to do it right and they stole together ever since.
What is your character doing prior to the start of the series?: Stealing with Adam.
Moves: Psyshock, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Attract, Dark Pulse, Protect, Shadow Ball.

I plan to make a few more episodes ,but later this month I wanna make a Halloween themed episode. I spend enough time thinking about it. I figured I'd drop this now, and ask if you guys would like to contribute. I won't take any offense if the answer is no. Merely thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advanced.

What kind of costumes would your characters wear and what would be their reasons for joining?

Maybe theres a prize of sorts. It doesn't have to be a contest ,but there can be. Thoughts?