• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hey everyone! I'm going to be making a new RP based around abilities, but we have a major constriction: We'll only have 7 spots open. Please sign up below, and I will let you know ASAP if you'll make the cut.
The situation is post-Apocalyptic Earth, or as it's so affectionately called in this RP, PAE.
Please note that you cannot have the same powers as anyone else, nor can you have powers thta eliminate, copy, or contorl others' powers. You also cannot control time, space, or living things (the exception being plants). However, necromancy is OK, within reason.
Requirements:
1. Fill out the sheet below
2. Have semi-advanced grammar
Here's the sign-up:
Name:
Ability:
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapon (No guns, please):

Here's an example, which will be my character:
Name: Dasken Lauphage
Ability: Pyrokinesis (Manipulation and Generation of Fire)
Appearance: 6'1', sturdy yet thinly built, with dusty brown hair, metal-rimmed glasses and slate-grey eyes with a hint of hazel. He wears a teal shirt with red flame-printed patterns, black sweatpants, and at times, a smile that can even make a serial killer back away slowly. He seems normal behind his glasses, and appears in many ways a nerd. However, behind the glasses, his eyes reveal the truth; his life had been a living hell since birth.
Personality: Intelligent to the upteenh degree (we're talking genius-level IQ, which I am proud to add, is a trait that both creator and creation share), and can easily read any kind of pattern, which is what has gotten him into so much sociality. His personality type, based on the Myers-Briggs Personality test, is an INT-J (Again, like creator, like creation), and he can easily mimic being insane, since his mind has already shattered and rebuilt itself.
Weapon (No guns, please): Two-Handed Warhammer (It is actually a thing; imagine a sledgehammer, one of the massive ones; now make it with a handle of leather and full on titanium. Basically a quarterstaff with a massive hammer head.)
Felt like it was necessary to revise my character bio. Too weak! xD

Last edited:
Name: Jonas Antwal
(Jonas personally doens't mind any pronouns applied to them, but prefers They/Them/Their)
Ability: Atomokinesis (Generation and Manipulation of Weather Conditions)
Appearance: (My Profile Pic) Dark Skin, White Eyes, and Wild Black Hair. He stands at 5'07 with a Runner's Physique. Because of their Ability, they wear a Black Rain Jacket, but one dully equipped for the cold, by having a compact wool lining on the inside.
Personality: [ Observant, Guarded, Quiet, Evasive, Unforgiving ]
Jonas is the type of person who typically tries to stay on the outskirts of everything where they can't be noticed. So they learn about others and their surroundings, but others don't notice them. When approached or when directly encountering someone Jonas' typical reaction is to flee or put a lot of distance between them seeing as their Ability needs to charge in order to do more than Darken the Sky or Wind Slap someone, and their main Weapon is ranged. However, if conflict is to arise or they believe things are starting to head south, they go for lethal attacks and dirty tactics without hesitance and little remorse. Too often has Jonas witnessed the fatal consequences of Asking Questions First instead of Later in PAE. The World he's grown up in cruel.
Another side-effect of watching friends die before them, being forced to decide between loved ones, and getting tricked/ambushed by "nice people" manifests itself in a emotional wall. An emotional wall with turrets. Whether it be suspicion in response to compassion, a warning glare to face a smile, or abrupt betrayal so no ones gets close, it's gonna take a lot of work to bond with Jonas.
Weapon (No guns, please): Various Shrapnel to throw at targets, possible deterrent, or make his Gusts and Twisters deadly (typically ornaments, nails, woodchips), and a Half Staff with Four Nails in it.
(( If I can only have one Weapon, I'll chose the shrapnel. I imagine they use their Ability for the most part, throw some glass ornaments and nails at the targets eyes or between the target and them if need be, and then whip up as many pieces as they can in a focused storm or blast of air. The Half Staff would just be for some decent Mid-Range combat if the enemy got too close seeing as they prefer running and ranged attacks over fighting and melee. With Jonas' style they'd also probably one-hand it as much as they can, so as to pick up more wind from swings and not rely on physical strength as much and more on the nails of the staff to keep enemies at bay ))

Last edited:
Name: Jonas Antwal
(Jonas personally doens't mind any pronouns applied to them, but prefers They/Them/Their)
Ability: Atomokinesis (Generation and Manipulation of Weather Conditions)
Appearance: (My Profile Pic) Dark Skin, White Eyes, and Wild Black Hair. He stands at 5'07 with a Runner's Physique. Because of their Ability, they wear a Black Rain Jacket, but one dully equipped for the cold, by having a compact wool lining on the inside.
Personality: [ Observant, Guarded, Quiet, Evasive, Unforgiving ]
Jonas is the type of person who typically tries to stay on the outskirts of everything where they can't be noticed. So they learn about others and their surroundings, but others don't notice them. When approached or when directly encountering someone Jonas' typical reaction is to flee or put a lot of distance between them seeing as their Ability needs to charge in order to do more than Darken the Sky or Wind Slap someone, and their main Weapon is ranged. However, if conflict is to arise or they believe things are starting to head south, they go for lethal attacks and dirty tactics without hesitance and little remorse. Too often has Jonas witnessed the fatal consequences of Asking Questions First instead of Later in PAE. The World he's grown up in cruel.
Another side-effect of watching friends die before them, being forced to decide between loved ones, and getting tricked/ambushed by "nice people" manifests itself in a emotional wall. An emotional wall with turrets. Whether it be suspicion in response to compassion, a warning glare to face a smile, or abrupt betrayal so no ones gets close, it's gonna take a lot of work to bond with Jonas.
Weapon (No guns, please): Various Shrapnel to throw at targets, possible deterrent, or make his Gusts and Twisters deadly (typically ornaments, nails, woodchips), and a Half Staff with Four Nails in it.
(( If I can only have one Weapon, I'll chose the shrapnel. I imagine they use their Ability for the most part, throw some glass ornaments and nails at the targets eyes or between the target and them if need be, and then whip up as many pieces as they can in a focused storm or blast of air. The Half Staff would just be for some decent Mid-Range combat if the enemy got too close seeing as they prefer running and ranged attacks over fighting and melee. With Jonas' style they'd also probably one-hand it as much as they can, so as to pick up more wind from swings and not rely on physical strength as much and more on the nails of the staff to keep enemies at bay ))
I would prefer you to have one weapon, but my god, you are IN! I haven't seen an RPer of your quality or caliper for a long time. Good to know there are still those people out there. ;3

I would prefer you to have one weapon, but my god, you are IN! I haven't seen an RPer of your quality or caliper for a long time. Good to know there are still those people out there. ;3

D'awww, you'll make me blush! Thank you so much! I just came back to this site after I was confident that my technical issues had cleared back up, so it's so nice to hear you say that(or rather, read what you typed :D). About the Secondary Weapon, I totally get it, Jonas will stick with the niche support of his Shrapnel then. I've always wanted to see the use of rubble or nearby objects as more of constant addition when people blast targets or create various cyclone attacks, instead of it being a situational thing where they throw cars or tress, and figured this was a great opportunity!

Indefinitely. I also like the idea of shrapnel in place of, say, metal marbles you always have with you. This makes it extremely situational, and requires more imagination for more detail. Now, about you blushing; I only tell it like it is.

Name: Tiffany Ranger
Ability: Psychokinesis (ability too move objects by mental effort alone)
Appearance: Black hair, tan skin, and gray eyes. 5'4. Wears silver shirt with gold edged sleeves and black sweatpants
Personality: Shy, cautious, calm (usually).
Weapon (No guns, please): A pair of Sai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indefinitely. I also like the idea of shrapnel in place of, say, metal marbles you always have with you. This makes it extremely situational, and requires more imagination for more detail. Now, about you blushing; I only tell it like it is.

Well it's appreciated all the same, :), and you're pretty spot-on about my idea. I sometimes have to edit down tangents about the environment, but it should actually work well in my favor for this RP, especially when paired with the shrapnel they carries for that extra threat. Well, nice talking to ya, I'll be on later this week, or maybe tomorrow if you wanted to talk storyline. Goooooooodnight/whatever-time-it-is-for-you!

Well, you posted at around MIDNIGHT here. :D However, I am glad you can master the creative process in an RP. Ever thought of making your own RP? I believe you'd be amazing at it. As for you, Honolulu, you're in! ;3
Btw, Honolulu, that's considered telekinesis. xD

Name: Lachlan Price
Ability: Black Mass (Can blend in with shadows completely or cause others great unease by simply being in the same vicinity as them)
Appearance: Short, wavy, platinum blond hair; hooded blue eyes; sickly, pasty skin and tall, scrawny frame; gives others the sense of deformity which often makes him hard to look at even though he doesn't seem to have one. He keeps his hair tucked beneath a military cap and is decorated with a baggy, camouflaged t-shirt tucked into olive-hued cargo pants and muddy, black boots. He always seems to be dirty in one way or another.
Personality: Childlike, inelegant, driven, instinctive, eerie. Lachlan is rather clumsy and unexperienced when it comes to working with others due to a lack of exposure to others in his life. Because of this, he might say the wrong thing at the wrong time or feel he needs an authoritative figure to guide him (into battle or otherwise). He is very much illiterate, but would never expose this to anyone he was not very close with. He is quick to attack and good at distinguishing what he needs to do in order to achieve a favourable outcome in any situation. Many dreary years have given him a poor sense of humour, judgement, and emotion.
Lachlan can be described best as a "creep." He's feverish and very rarely makes sense. He secludes himself from and does not interact with others unless he has to. It's been speculated that he collects the remnants of dead animals.
Weapon (No guns, please): Tomahawks

Name: Jake Acker

Ability: Jake possess the power to transition his body from that of one made up of flesh and bone to one entirely made up of an unknown but highly durable metal. The metal that replaces his skin is in a scale pattern so when he is in this form he gains a reptilian kind of vibe. In addition to this his arms can extend from the elbow in a rapid burst of movement before snapping back into place, similar to that of a piston. The explosive speed of this extension gives him one hell of a punch. You may have guessed by know that this young mans powers centre around his hands, and to be fair you would be right. In addition to what I have already mentioned he can morph his arms into a few simple forms such as a sharp blade or flat shield.

Appearance: Standing at just under 6ft Jake isn't insanely tall, his black spikes of hair adding another inch to his height. He has a stocky build, with more muscle than the average boy his age because he is an avid brawler. Steely grey eyes that have a habit of looking too serious shine out from under eyebrows the same dark colour as his hair. Ben's hands have always looked just slightly too big for his arms, but this is only really noticeable if you pay close attention.
Jake's favourite choices of clothing are his large, black and high collared over coat, a grey Metallica T-shirt and dark blue denim jeans. Obviously after prolonged use most of these clothes have small rips or tears in them and are slightly coated in dirt. The only item of clothing he never takes off is a leather and galvanised steel wristband, something he took from his fathers corpse.

Personality: Often told he is slightly too quick to anger, Jake is not really somebody you want to tick off. With this guy you will either make yourself a friend that will follow you to the grave or an enemy to dig you one. Fiercely protective of those close to him Ben is the kind of friend you want around in both times of peace and times of conflict due to his two dominate sides. Having lived his entire life in the PAE it wasn't really surprising that Jake turned out the way he is, the boy is certainly a product of his environment. Never knowing his mother Jake was raised solely by his father, a man of few words and even fewer morals. When his father was killed by a falling building Jake was only 11 and has lived alone ever since. Due to his lack of pretty much any remorse when it comes to those who stand in his way and his natural tenacity Jake likes to think he has doen pretty well for himself in this hell of a world.

Weapon (No guns, please): Weapons? Who needs weapons when your body is a weapon.

Sorry im so late! I dont know if this roleplay is still happening or...?

Last edited:
Name: Jake Acker

Ability: Jake possess the power to transition his body from that of one made up of flesh and bone to one entirely made up of an unknown but highly durable metal. The metal that replaces his skin is in a scale pattern so when he is in this form he gains a reptilian kind of vibe. In addition to this his arms can extend from the elbow in a rapid burst of movement before snapping back into place, similar to that of a piston. The explosive speed of this extension gives him one hell of a punch. You may have guessed by know that this young mans powers centre around his hands, and to be fair you would be right. In addition to what I have already mentioned he can morph his arms into a few simple forms such as a sharp blade or flat shield.

Appearance: Standing at just under 6ft Jake isn't insanely tall, his black spikes of hair adding another inch to his height. He has a stocky build, with more muscle than the average boy his age because he is an avid brawler. Steely grey eyes that have a habit of looking too serious shine out from under eyebrows the same dark colour as his hair. Ben's hands have always looked just slightly too big for his arms, but this is only really noticeable if you pay close attention.
Jake's favourite choices of clothing are his large, black and high collared over coat, a grey Metallica T-shirt and dark blue denim jeans. Obviously after prolonged use most of these clothes have small rips or tears in them and are slightly coated in dirt. The only item of clothing he never takes off is a leather and galvanised steel wristband, something he took from his fathers corpse.

Personality: Often told he is slightly too quick to anger, Jake is not really somebody you want to tick off. With this guy you will either make yourself a friend that will follow you to the grave or an enemy to dig you one. Fiercely protective of those close to him Ben is the kind of friend you want around in both times of peace and times of conflict due to his two dominate sides. Having lived his entire life in the PAE it wasn't really surprising that Jake turned out the way he is, the boy is certainly a product of his environment. Never knowing his mother Jake was raised solely by his father, a man of few words and even fewer morals. When his father was killed by a falling building Jake was only 11 and has lived alone ever since. Due to his lack of pretty much any remorse when it comes to those who stand in his way and his natural tenacity Jake likes to think he has doen pretty well for himself in this hell of a world.

Weapon (No guns, please): Weapons? Who needs weapons when your body is a weapon.

Sorry im so late! I dont know if this roleplay is still happening or...?
You are IN! We aren't started quite yet, but the attraction of seemingly expert RPers here fills me with intense joy. :D
So, @lordpotatollama is there anything we should know story-wise or you wanna brief us about now, do you wanna wait for the final seven to arrive, or will we all be jumping in and contributing to worldbuilding as we go?
As for this, it really depends on what the group wants. We have 5/8 of the people, so I suppose we could start if we wanted to. As for the backstory...
I will post it after one of you guys respond so that I know you're listening.

Name: Midnight Sun (dunno if this name sounds a bit weird)

Ability: On the hour of midnight on the day of a full moon, when the moon is not covered with clouds. He is enveloped in a divine light like the sun itself. He gains the ability to fly, gains above-average speed, strength and durability, and never tires. However if the moon if covered, he will revert right back into a powerless human. When the transformation is over he instantly feels really tired, and feels all of the pain and tiredness from when he was battling, often making him unconscious

Appearance: Dark hair and eyes, is taller than average and quite thin. While his power is active he glows slightly and his hair and eyes turn gold.

Personality: Is kind of like an "Optimistic Pessimist" if that makes sense. Kind of like "I always expect the worst so I am either right or pleasantly surprised"
He can sometimes be a bit depressing and therefore bring down the mood of people around him, but in a time of need he will always be ready to help others.

Weapon: Shurukens shaped like the sun, as well as a scythe shaped like a Crescent moon

Name: Alex Devlin
Ability: His adrenaline makes him control Ice (Example: He is fighting a person and if he has enough adrenaline he can throw Ice spikes at the person. also a side effect is that his body turns colder also he is immune to the cold because of this ability)
Appearance: Has messed up black hair, Blue eyes, Normal size for a 18 year old and wears a jumper with the sleeves cut off with leather pants also has two short swords on his back
Personality: Likes to fight, Only serious in battle, Is a bit nice, Help people as much as he can
Weapon (No guns, please) Dual short swords known as 791 Kills and Steel gauntlets known as The Boss

Last edited:
Name: Alex Devlin
Ability: His adrenaline makes him control fire (Example: He is fighting a person and if he has enough adrenaline he can throw fireballs at the person. also a side effect is that his body changes into fire also he is immune to fire because of this ability)
Appearance: Has messed up black hair, Blue eyes, Normal size for a 18 year old and wears a jumper with the sleeves cut off with leather pants also has two short swords on his back
Personality: Likes to fight, Only serious in battle, Is a bit nice, Help people as much as he can
Weapon (No guns, please):Dual short swords known as 791 Kills and Steel gauntlets known as The Boss
Please keep in mind that I asked not to have the same powers as someone else. My character has Pyrokinesis, so he can control fire. Is there another element you'd like your character to use?
Name: Midnight Sun (dunno if this name sounds a bit weird)

Ability: On the hour of midnight on the day of a full moon, when the moon is not covered with clouds. He is enveloped in a divine light like the sun itself. He gains the ability to fly, gains above-average speed, strength and durability, and never tires. However if the moon if covered, he will revert right back into a powerless human. When the transformation is over he instantly feels really tired, and feels all of the pain and tiredness from when he was battling, often making him unconscious

Appearance: Dark hair and eyes, is taller than average and quite thin. While his power is active he glows slightly and his hair and eyes turn gold.

Personality: Is kind of like an "Optimistic Pessimist" if that makes sense. Kind of like "I always expect the worst so I am either right or pleasantly surprised"
He can sometimes be a bit depressing and therefore bring down the mood of people around him, but in a time of need he will always be ready to help others.

Weapon: Shurukens shaped like the sun, as well as a scythe shaped like a Crescent moon
If you'd like, you can choose to have your character be solar-powered or lunar-powered; he has to charge his powers after using them. You would most likely have to limit your powers, or possibly change them altogether, but it would give you more options.

BTW if I do use my idea you will get to choose when the "Cloudless Full Mooned Midnight" is and it can only be once per page on the actual RP. I made it very specific because it would also be quite overpowered

hmm... well then how about ice? and if thats been taken then ill use something like metal or steel
Ice would be perfectly fine. :D
BTW if I do use my idea you will get to choose when the "Cloudless Full Mooned Midnight" is and it can only be once per page on the actual RP. I made it very specific because it would also be quite overpowered
I see. Well, you can either do it that way, or you can tone down and specify further your powers and be able to use them more.

An additional note: I request that all RP posts be at least 4 lines. Now, I know it seems a lot, and I do understand if you don't want to - feel free to drop out of this RP if that isn't what you want - and I also request highly accurate grammar. One or two slip-ups are fine per post, so long as they aren't major, but if you completely bomb multiple times, I may ask you to leave. Again, I realize it may seem harsh, but I want this RP to be a real test of everyone's roleplaying prowess. Now, don't feel pressured; as long as you use really good grammar (again, mistakes are accepted, so long as theyare few and far between) and write at least 4 lines, you're a-ok. In this discussion, you can feel free to make the posts as long or as short as possible. These rules are for the roleplay when it opens. In addition, I revised my roleplay character. Please check it out. :3

An additional note: I request that all RP posts be at least 4 lines. Now, I know it seems a lot, and I do understand if you don't want to - feel free to drop out of this RP if that isn't what you want - and I also request highly accurate grammar. One or two slip-ups are fine per post, so long as they aren't major, but if you completely bomb multiple times, I may ask you to leave. Again, I realize it may seem harsh, but I want this RP to be a real test of everyone's roleplaying prowess. Now, don't feel pressured; as long as you use really good grammar (again, mistakes are accepted, so long as theyare few and far between) and write at least 4 lines, you're a-ok. In this discussion, you can feel free to make the posts as long or as short as possible. These rules are for the roleplay when it opens. In addition, I revised my roleplay character. Please check it out. :3
Awesome. Sooooooo....if I'm honest I'm still a little fuzzy on the details of what we are actually going to be doing in this roleplay? I get the setting and all that but other than that I'm not sure what it is our characters are to be doing?

Also I realise it's not exactly my place to comment but SMRPG64 I feel as if the powers you chose for your character are somewhat limiting to his potential? After all a full moon doesn't happen often at all.

Last edited:
Name: Ever Weaver
Ability: Arachnomancy (ability to communicate and control spiders, often comes with poison immunity and the ability to create spiders at the cost of portions of his own blood)
Appearance: 6 foot 9 inches in hight, pale skin, deep Amathyst eyes that glow in the dark, skinny body that makes him look like he was starved for a month, jet black hair with dark purple highlights, a horizontal scar across his nose, wears black jeans with a purple turtle neck sweater with a black spider Web image on the front, black leather coat with the left sleeve ripped off up to the elbow, a black fedora with a purple feather and a black spider amulet around his neck, his left arm bandaged from palm to elbow, has a tattoo on the back of his right hand that says "Arachnophobia"
Personality: for a boy his age Ever was surprisingly smart, he would stay calm in a lot of situations despite possible frustrating things happening around him, he has a great love for stitching and sewing, and very anti social, suffered at hands of an abusive father for so long and I say this without exaggeration he has completely forgot the feeling of being treated gently and kindly, he wouldn't mind being around people but doesn't put effort into making friends IF he decides to do so, but piss him off and he will go on a rampage, even if skinny one can pack a punch if struck in the right place which he knows where they are thanks to his knowledge
Weapon (No guns, please): a double bladed war Axe with a hunting knife attached to the bottom of the handle, also carries a pouch of sewing needles and a pouch of powdered bones

Name: Ever Weaver
Ability: Arachnomancy (ability to communicate and control spiders, often comes with poison immunity and the ability to create spiders at the cost of portions of his own blood)
Appearance: 6 foot 9 inches in hight, pale skin, deep Amathyst eyes that glow in the dark, skinny body that makes him look like he was starved for a month, jet black hair with dark purple highlights, a horizontal scar across his nose, wears black jeans with a purple turtle neck sweater with a black spider Web image on the front, black leather coat with the left sleeve ripped off up to the elbow, a black fedora with a purple feather and a black spider amulet around his neck, his left arm bandaged from palm to elbow, has a tattoo on the back of his right hand that says "Arachnophobia"
Personality: for a boy his age Ever was surprisingly smart, he would stay calm in a lot of situations despite possible frustrating things happening around him, he has a great love for stitching and sewing, and very anti social, suffered at hands of an abusive father for so long and I say this without exaggeration he has completely forgot the feeling of being treated gently and kindly, he wouldn't mind being around people but doesn't put effort into making friends IF he decides to do so, but piss him off and he will go on a rampage, even if skinny one can pack a punch if struck in the right place which he knows where they are thanks to his knowledge
Weapon (No guns, please): a double bladed war Axe with a hunting knife attached to the bottom of the handle, also carries a pouch of sewing needles and a pouch of powdered bones
You are IN, my friend. I do ask, though, that you not use so many run-on sentences in the RP. ;3

Last edited:
Are we not ready to get this going yet? We seem to have enough people and due to what im assuming is a rather lax storyline due to us not really nothing much about the RP setting or backstory, I would think were good to go :)

I really am sorry for the long wait. Luckily, it's MEA weekend, so I'll be able to post it either Wednesday or Thursday. I have had to work, and I have school. I will start it ASAP. I appreciate any of you who are waiting. ;3

I really am sorry for the long wait. Luckily, it's MEA weekend, so I'll be able to post it either Wednesday or Thursday. I have had to work, and I have school. I will start it ASAP. I appreciate any of you who are waiting. ;3
No problem man, life gets in the way and theirs nothing you can do to stop that :p

@lordpotatollama

Same as Spectersong, how many spots left? I counted 5.

EDIT: Oh well, going to post form anyways.

Name: Sakiya Sabishi

Ability: Therianthropy. She can shift into any animal and gain it's abilities, though this is contained through a rock with runes etched on it she calls the Stari. Without it, she cannot control herself in her animal form.

Appearance: Green hip-length loose hair and pale skin, Sakiya's human form is certainly an athletic stature. She typically dons a dark blue cloak with gold rimming that hides stolen items along with the Stari among strangers, but among known people she wears run-down jeans with a round collar solid shirt.

Personality: Abstract thought processing, blunt, introverted, insensitive, forgetful, hates rules, condescending, jumpy, intuitive. Sakiya is INTP-A and she is perfectly fine with it.

Weapon (No guns, please): She carries a cherry staff as tall as her, a little taller than 6 feet and NOT magic. The top is carved into a dragon with it's mouth open just enough to fit the Stari, which she occasionally does. It's mostly for threatening without taking out things from her cloak.

Last edited: