• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pressure

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If a foe is "exerting its Pressure," it means that every move you hit the opponent with will have 2 PP taken from it instead of the usual 1.
Apparently, having a Pokemon with Pressure leading your party will also increase the odds of finding higher-leveled wild Pokemon by 50%, although I have never tested this out and thus can't confirm it.

Apparently, having a Pokemon with Pressure leading your party will also increase the odds of finding higher-leveled wild Pokemon by 50%, although I have never tested this out and thus can't confirm it.
I've tested it, but it seems to work better where there are low-level Pokemon (for me, at least).

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
according to serebii, that is backwards... it should DECREASE the chance of finding a higher level pokemon to 50%

but I have never tested it...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I got my info from Bulbapedia - wouldn't surprise me if my info was wrong, since Wiki pages can be edited by literally anyone.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Then again, Serebii is littered with inaccuracies, typos and his statements just generally making no sense at all. In this case, though, Serebii's correct. Pressure decreases wild Pokemon at a high level appearing by 50%.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just edited the Pressure page on Bulbapedia. It now says it decreases the odds of finding high-levelled Pokemon by 50% as well.

Then again, Serebii is littered with inaccuracies, typos and his statements just generally making no sense at all. In this case, though, Serebii's correct. Pressure decreases wild Pokemon at a high level appearing by 50%.
Whoops. :p That's what I meant. How I can make a mistake that obvious is something I'll never understand...
But, anyway. It seems that if you're against a foe who's got Pressure and you use a move with 1 PP left, it still goes through. :D So at least there's that.