• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Questions

Quick question: How do you guys pronounce Pokecharms? Also, how do you guys celebrate the new year? Any special cultural traditions? Me, I'm Chinese. We don't usually celebrate January first. We celebrate during the Lunar new year, if that makes sense to you.
Well, happy new year anyway.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, Pokécharms is a portmanteau of Pokémon and "Lucky Charms," so I pronounce it poh-kay-char-ms. :)

As for cultural traditions for New Year's, I'm in the UK, so New Year's is celebrated by firework displays at midnight and copious alcohol consumption. Beyond that, any traditions are down to individual families – I personally don't do anything special other than staying up late to watch the fireworks on TV on New Year's Eve, but I some families have family gatherings on the day, for example.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I celebrate the New Year with as much alcohol and bad decision making as possible.
Might as well start things with a bang! Make it interesting.