• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Race Against Time...

((OOC: AL making regular RP! *gasp!* To be honest, I'm relatively new, but I've had an idea for a role play, and if this fails miserably, I shall put an end to it and just put it in GF. Either way works for me. Just a whole lot more fun to do it in RP form. Enough rambling! I"m going on.

This RP takes place in outer space. There is such a thing as Space travel here. Oh, and this isn't Startrek, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, or any of that crap. Sure it is awesome, but not what's here. Here, this is a mix of fantasy and Sci-Fi. So non-believers people against stuff like this beware...))

~Prologue~​

There is a secret organization in the galaxy. It works for good and protecting the cosmos. We enforce the law of equality, fairness, and truth. Any who oppose shall not be punished, simply taught of how easy it is to follow law. We are the Galactic Guardians.

Our members command separate elemental powers, each significant to the Universe's safety and well-being. Long ago there was a war. A horrid war that rocked the Zeldravic Galaxy for generations to come. Since that time, we have separated.

But when one new foe arises, we shall come together to save the galaxy and stop Evil's Root once more. And, hopefully, stop evil forever more...

~'----***-----'~​

As Greldash stood on the rocky cliff of the planet Keklar, he sighed. He had once been a part of the Galactic Guard, saving lives with his powers over weather. But now... his life had been boring, honestly. He has not had to use his powers for anything but maybe to save one life here and stop a bad guy here.

Greldash loved excitement, and this wasn't exciting. But what he didn't know was that one foe was standing before him now. And that one would turn into two. And then into four. And then eight. And then... oh, you get the idea.

A storm cloud was building on the horizon. That was normal for this planet. Half desert, but still filled with storms. But something was different. He could sense it. And if there's anything that Greldash knows, it's storms.

Preparing to leap off the cliff, he gathered his powers. He leaped off. Just before hitting the ground, he used his powers over wind to save him. He stood up. Suddenly, there was a great burst of sound. It sounded like a mix between the cries of a Zoraph Sea Serpent and the screams of millions of people. It was so horrid that Greldash closed his ears with his hands.

When he opened his eyes, he found that he was blinded by a flash of light. within seconds, his sight returned. Although he wished he hadn't. The clouds were upon him, spewing hundreds of bolts of silver lightning. One hit the ground about fifty feet from Greldash, producing a minuscule amount of the horrid sound again.

The bolt had created a crater, completely silver. Out of the smoke came three beings. They were skeletal and wore rusty, silver armor that would make a porcupine seem cuddly. And their weapons were primitive, but were, oddly, glowing silver. When one of their swords struck the ground, it turned solid silver.

Anticipating a battle, Greldash drew his longsword with one hand. Luckily, he was perfectly equipped for hand-to-hand combat. This would be messy.

((If anyone wishes to face these creatures, they multiply if not killed fast enough. And they do turn things silver. The creatures are un-named as of now. I have a name though. But I'll wait to release it.))

((I am thinking of making my character, and your character, friends, like they know eachother, is that okay? I can alter the post a bit.))

Marth looked to the sky.

Marth, a full Magician now, was on the same planet as Greldash, and, he was, a Galactic Gaurd. He loves the post he possesses, but sometimes, he is troubled.

He just knows that somewhere, someone needed help.

But he sighed, and walked into the room, out of his balcony. He was living in a post on this world, searching for trouble for the GG. He had a balcony, and a nice room, with everything. He had a small tv, food, a soft bed, and clothes. He had many things. But then, he heard it. He heard the Serpents cry, and the screams of people. He went out to his balcony, not happy.

He was about put some soundproof wall over it, but then he saw something. It was...Greldash! Marth was a friend of Greldash's, a good one at that. He used to battle a battle with him here and there, but he hasn't seen him in forever.

Marth looked to what he was fighting. It was...multiplying? Marth had never seen this. He bolted, and jumped off his 4-story balcony, and made a spell, which teleported him to the cliff they were under. He made an incantation. "Hourdasg! (Thunder!)" He made a bolt of Thunder, which destroyed two of the beasts. He smiled at Greldash. "Long time no see." He said, and he teleported right next to Greldash.

"Ah, just like the golden days, when we would a monster every month..." He said, as he exploded one of the creatures, after it multiplyed. "Just, like the golden days."

Sean Lummins got out of bed to the sound of people running around frantically. He wiped his tired eyes and stumbled out into the hallways of Jessica II, the ship he was stationed on. He had been brought there by a weird, gruff man a few months ago, during an attack on his home planet. The ship housed many different people of many different races, all of them had lost their homeworld, and all of them were now refugees on the Jessica II.

He noticed the commotion was about something outside, he peered out the window to see a planet, apparently called Keklar. The planet was filled with storm clouds, so much so that the natural hue of the planet's surface was invisible beneath the swirling grey. What he found most unusual, were the silver bolts of lightning coming up from the clouds.

"It's happening again!" came a cry from behind him, a half lizard, half fish creature from Thorn was flailing about in a panic.

"We have to get down there and help those people!" rang several voices in the crowd. Sean suddenly realised what was going on, the beings that had attacked his home planet, and indeed, the planets of everyone else aboard the Jessica II were now attacking Keklar in full force. His eyes widened as he took a few paces back, small flames shot from his hands as he did so. He was shocked and somewhat scared, and didn't have full control over his fire element yet.

"Going down there is suicide! We can't save those people!" the fish-lizard hybrid shrieked.

"Maybe. But the only reason we're all here is because someone stuck their necks out for us!" came a familiar, gravelled, voice in return.

Someone grabbed Sean by the shoulder, the tall familiar figure standing over him was Shun Sakamoto, the man who had saved him when Earth was attacked. He was smiling at Sean with an almost crazed grin, "Besides," he continued, "I want to get some pay back on those bastards! You with me?"

((Hello! I'm glad that someone was able to join. So, tell me if I have this straight. My guy and Tobi's are on Keklar, while Sean's on a planet not far form there? Gotcha!))

The sound of cracking bones came from every corner as Greldash slashed his way to the center of the commotion. He fired a bolt of lightning at them, eliminating several at a time. The bolts of silver lightning were still raining down. But how long could he and Marth keep this up on their own?

There was a hum growing. It seemed to be ringing from everywhere at once. A massive laser of silver shot down from above. Greldash rolled out of the way, barely dodging the blast. Where it hit was the same environment, except it was solid silver. He felt a sudden stiffness in his leg. Glancing down, he found that part of his lower leg had been silver-fied.

The hum grew louder, a shape coming into view from above. All of a sudden, a gigantic ship was upon the desert. It hovered on seven, giant engines that glowed blue with an odd energy. Greldash's helmet examined it, finding it to be an unknown substance that warped space around it to hover. More was visible as it came down, being oddly shaped and thorns jutting randomly from it's side.

Whoever- or whatever- this foe was, they were advanced even passed the amazing, ancient race known as the Aphlojjens (A-FLOW-jshenz). "Tey-lak mah..." he said, frightened.

~'---'~​

On the bridge of the Crisis, Phonesh, Captain, looked upon the battlefield. The ship was equipped for Orbit to ground, ground to ground, air to ground, and just about everything else. But now, they would test a new weapon, capable of turning one village into a desolate, silver wasteland. "Open fire!" shouted Phonesh, pointing out. And with that, he walked out of the bridge to the deck, to watch the crisis deal with them...

~'---'~​

Without a sound, four laser guns lifted up from the wings (if that's what they were at least). The wings, there being three, had one on the two horizontals, and two on the top one. The two horizontal wings were slightly bent downwards, allowing for aerodynamic-ness in the atmosphere.

The lasers charged up, ready to fire. They fired. Two of them hit the upper cliff, the village. In seconds, the entire village, including the citizens, were silver. The other lasers hit the cliff and desert, silver-ing the area. Greldash just looked upon this in horror, seeing the village he was sworn to protect be turned into a silver statue.

And one, yes only one, sound echoed across the plain: the disturbing laughter of Captain Phonesh as his Crisis eliminated one of his many planets.

((OOC: I was curious if this Jessica II could save the day, but have to maybe take us away. Maybe. Just wondering. You'll know why we'd have to leave... >:-)

[Yeah, Jessica II is a ship, and Sean's on that ship. Everyone aboard the Jessica II has lost their planet to the silver beings. The Jessica II is in orbit of Keklar]

Sean gulped as the Jessica II descended through Keklar's atmosphere. As they went through the clouds of lightning, Sean could see thousands of silver warriors being formed, ready to sweep down on the planet and attack - their numbers were amazing.

"Kid! Stay focused!" bellowed Sakamoto forcefully. Sean looked nervously at him and nodded, still unsure of himself. He put on an armoured jacket, for what little good it would do him. Sakamoto threw him a pistol, "Shame you can't control those fire powers of your's yet. For now you can rely on my kind of pyro-technics" the man grumbled at him whilst cocking a shotgun.

"Right, when you land, you'll have five minutes to grab anyone you can and bring them back." said an elderly humanoid bird, "They've already started charging the weapon."

"If we're not back on the ship in three minutes, just take off!" demanded Sakamoto, a look of determination on his face. Despite this there was still a nervous air about him. Both Sean and Sakamoto had seen what these silver aliens were capable of. Bracing themselves, they felt the impact of soft soil beneath the ship.

As the doors opened they found themselves looking straight at a battlefield. Two people were backing away from an enemy craft, a craft that was clearly planning an attack.

"Shit! They had to drop us at ground zero, didn't they?" muttered Sakamoto grimly, he loaded some explosive shells into his shotgun and taped some spare ammunition to his upper arm, "Let's do this!"

Marth was so confused at what was happening. He looked at Greldash. "Don't worry, I can heal that!" He said, the bolts of thunder still dropping. This was amazing! Marth intensified the Thunder. "Doahfal...(Heal Deadly Wounds)" He began to make a smooth powder at the beginning of the silver leg. It slowly rose up, making his leg.

Soon, his leg was de-silverfied. "There. Be careful. The leg is a little weak." He said, and he began to shoot various spells at the enemies. "Where are they coming from..." He said. He knew the answer, he just didn't get it. He looked at the village...And he was dissapointed at himself. He couldn't do that much...He looked at the ship, but he didn't do what he wanted to...He wanted to blow it out of the sky, and he could, yes, he could do it. But he didn't. "Forswurn...(Heal)" He did that on Greldash's leg, and it was better, ready to move.

Marth looked at the ship again... "..Jessica II..." He knew he heard it somewhere. He put that aside, and spoke into a small radio on his neck, signaling to the main base. "Captain! We need your help on Planet Keklar! Bring everyone!" He said, as he held back the enemies, but he knew he couldn't do it for ever.

He knew, he was running out of time.

Sean stopped next to Marth and looked at him in amazement. He'd never seen anything like it, after all, he and Sakamoto were mere humans. Sakamoto in the meantime ran straight ahead, blasting his shotgun at the barrage of silver minions.

"You... Can heal people?" Sean asked Marth, his lip quivering in amazement. Marth looked at him, almost suprised his abilities were something this boy had never seen before, "What else can you do?"

Before Marth replied, Sakamoto called back to him angrily, "Kid! Don't dawdle, we could use a hand here!", Sean came to his senses and hurried over to Sakamoto and glanced at Greldash. He seemed to still be slight pain, despite the healing.

"OK, buddy, listen to me, your leg's weak," Sakamoto knelt down beside Greldash and looked him straight in the eyes, "And we can't fight all these guys here. Your only hope right now is to come with us. Our ship, Jessica II is full of refugees like me, we've all had our planets destroyed by these tyrants, and I'm afraid there's nothing more we can do to save this one. Now you can either come along of your own accord, or I can drag you along. Your choice."

Marth continued to fight, but they just kept coming back. "Hmm...Maybe...Gorobog! (Explode!)" Suddenly, a massize implode came from inside them, but still, there were more. Marth was frustrated. He didn't know what to do...So, he just decided to retreat.

He kept fighting though, making many spells, occasionally healing others. He turned to Sean at his question, and smiled. "Believe me. You do NOT want to know what I can do." He said, and continued. He turned to Sakamoto. "Sir, we need to retreat! Bring down the ship!" He said, and Sakamoto did so.

Everyone retreated into the ship, and Marth sat down on a bench in there. He panted a little. He could not handle all this magic. He looked around. The ship was acutally pretty impressive...He got up, and began to walk. He soon found a small room, with a bed in it. He began to rest.

Greldash looked upon the planet, slowly coming out of sight. The entire planet was now engulfed in glinting clouds of silver-red. Sighing, he prepared to rest. Considering events tomorrow, he would need as much time of sleep as possible. But, for some reason, the events of late lingered in his dreams, haunting him.

But then, something happened. Greldash saw a vast amount of darkness, swirling, drawing in matter. It was almost invisible, if it didn't contain a swirling mass of energy around it. Then it flashed to Keklar, completely silver. But now, it was gray. Suddenly above the planet's orbit, he saw a dark form moving towards it from nowhere.

A mass of darkness, covered in various types of matter. Stone, Technology, ice, and a whole cache of other matter. A hole opened up in it, revealing row upon row of teeth. The entire form was constructed of the same matter as the very realm it dwelled (sp?) in. And as it inched towards the planet, the restored people were screaming as it closed it's mouth...

'~---~'​

An with that, he awoke. The strangest dream ever, and it will actually help him later on. And with that, he went back to sleep...

((Sorry for the short input. It's late and I, also, happen to need sleep. I don't think that Greldash is the only person with insomnia problems...))

Sean stumbled out of his quarters and lazily put some change into an old and battered coffee machine. As he did so he realised Sakamoto was standing next to it, watching the door he just came out of. The guy was still holding his shotgun and looked like he was ready to fire at the slightest sign of trouble. He saw Sean looking at him and lightened his expression.

"New guy seems to be having trouble sleeping." started Sean, making idle conversation.

"Can you blame him? Not every day silver monsters attack you, only for an alien to come out of the sky with a shotgun, tell you your planet is doomed and throw you aboard a spaceship." came the rather blunt reply.

"Yeah... I guess." Sean looked down at floor.

"Hey, y'know, you were a bit of an insomniac too when you first arrived." Sakamoto chuckled, Sean beamed at him, almost fondly remembering late night conversations with Sakamoto after he was rescued from Earth.

"You're one to talk, you're standing here, wide awake with a shotgun!"

"Ah, touche."

On a spaceship, there was no definition between day and night, outside the window was the same array of planets and infinite black whether it was morning, afternoon or evening. And besides, if timezones could differ across one planet, how does it apply to something as vast as space?

They no longer kept track of days as it wasn't possible, and people had all developed their own sleep pattern. It was almost like they had their own timezone divisions within the ship itself. For something so small to have such a thing was astounding, and it was possible for two people to be on the Jessica II together for months but never meet each other, because by the time one woke up, the other would be falling asleep.

Sean looked back at Greldash with a sympathetic smile.

"He'll be OK."

Marth woke as well, and he looked at the coffee. "Gimme." He said, in a groggy voice, as he drank some of the pot. He finished it. He looked at Greldash. "Yea, I think he will do fine. Just a nightmare." He said. He couldv'e, if Greldash had wanted, to delete the memory from him, but, he knew it just might help, whatever it was. Marth looked around.

Sean and Sakamoto were both standing next to the machine, and Marth listened to them, sitting on a nearby bench. "I'm not really ever insomniac. I am a Galactic Gaurd, so I travel alot." He said. He looked at Greldash. "I wonder if that was his home..." He didn't know, because Greldash never showed him a home.

Marth remembered to do something. He got out his communicator, and talked to his captain in it. "Mission Failed Sir. I could not get rid of the creatures. I am on a ship right now, me and Greldash..." He spoke to the captain. "That's okay Private. Find out what you can, but don't be a spy." Marth chuckled a little. He was never a good spy.

"Over and out." He said, disconnecting. He looked out of a window, staring at distant planets and stars.

As Sean and Sakamoto joked and talked with each other they saw a uniformed creature running towards them. Sean could only describe it as a humanoid dog. He stopped in front of Sean and Sakamoto, and quickly pulled out an ID card, showing he was a member of Jessica II's original crew.

"Sirs, we have reports of an outgoing transmission from this area, we picked up the signal five minutes ago, I ran here as fast as I could!" he barked, almost literally.

Sakamoto raised his hand slightly to guard his face from the inevitable slobber sprayed.

"You sure? There's no transmission units here." he queried, looking quizzical.

"It was a weak signal, probably a portable device." came the reply.

"OK, so what's the problem?" Sean cut in, curious as to this new development.

"We don't know who or what is having contact with those aboard this ship. We have far too many civillians aboard and we'd be open to any attack..." Sakamoto cut in, before the security guard could answer.

"Exactly." the dog added in, trying not to be upstaged, "If you'd co-operate sirs, I'd like to do a quick search on you both."

Sean and Sakamoto both submitted to the search, and were, of course found clean. The dog seemed satisfied and moved on to search for others in the immediate vicinity.

"Wow, security sure is quick to react here." Sakamoto muttered.

((Iiiiiiim bringing in my other charrie, this is boring with Marth just talking to himself.))

Marth looked back at them, as the dog left. He heard something about a transmission device. He knew it was him, since, well, he just used his. He sighed, as it wouldn't matter if they found it was him. He was doing no harm to them anyway.

Then, a door opened, and Roy Arcerious walked in. He came aboard the ship a while ago, and instantly recognized Marth. "Well Marth, what are you doing here? I thought you were stationed on that planet?" He said, and Marth rolled his eyes. "C'mon." He said to him, and they entered the room Marth slept in.

Marth began to explain, in great detail, what happened. Roy was part of the Galactic Gaurdians as well. He was just on the planet Forfralt. "What are you doing here?" He said, and Roy told him what happened. "Well, long story short. I was on my planet, and well, I was fighting against...something, I don't remember what it was...Ah yes! It was a Giant. Well, I defeated it, but it planted Bomb plant's everywhere, and the planet was destroyed. I just ended up on this ship about a few months ago..." Roy told him.

Roy was dresses in his usual wear, his same shirt, pants, shoes, and a had a Long Bow on his back, with many arrows. He also had a badge that said 'GG' on it, like Marths, which meant Galactic Gaurdians. Marth frowned. "Hey, did you use your transmitter as well?" He said. "Oh, you mean the dog thing? Yea, I did that a month ago, they never found me." He was lucky.

For a while, they just chatted, caught up. They were partners, and they had to meet again sometime. They both decided to stand by the ship, and lay low. They walked out, and Roy drank the rest of the coffee, as they both sat down.

((Sorry, my computer had some problems connecting to 'Charms for a little bit. But now I'm back! And, I hope you all realize that the Galactic Guard was separated after the civil war of Zeldravic. Just bringing that up.))

Greldash shook his head, trying to get rid of the nightmare of last night. Climbing back into bed after a voluntary guarding shift, he fell asleep. Another nightmare took hold of him. He attempted to resist, but failed. Greldash was looking at a planet, completely green and... silver.

Two figures stood alone fighting off the army of creatures. Except that they were different ones. Their armor was pitted and greenish-blue. It appeared as if they had a blade extending from their wrist, glinting with energy. They inched closer to the figures. Now their faces were recognizable. One was a Zoraph, an aquatic creature that is highly advanced, and a human.

The Zoraph seemed familiar. The human called out. "Don't worry, I got your back, Mehm!" That name struck a chord in Greldash's mind. He worked alongside a Galactic Guards-woman long ago. They were close friends. And her name was Mehm.

A roar echoed throughout the battlefield. All of the creatures stared up at a cliff overhanging above the field. On it stood another skeletal being, this one much larger and well-armored. He was green and wore a quiver and longsword. The longsword appeared to be mixed with a crossbow, capable of slicing clean through a large tree.

"My minions," he shouted. "May we feast upon these two's energy forces under my command, the command of Veldar! The Noltek shall live to feast on another planet, and another until we have conquered this dimension. Under our ruler!" The Nolteks, appearing that being their name, roared greedily as they approached the duo...

'~-----~'​

Greldash woke up in the Infirmary of the Jessica II, with a doctor looking over him. Marth was standing beside the bed. Greldash bolted upward so fast he nearly smacked the nurse in the face. "Wha-what happened?" he asked, confused beyond belief.

"Well, you were having odd spasms in your bed and fell on the floor." she replied. "You were unconscious afterwards for a couple hours. You've been like that for ten hours."

Suddenly alerted, Greldash sat on the edge of the bed. "Get me whoever is in charge here immediately!" Greldash said. "It's about the creatures back on Keklar."

((I would have continued, but I've no idea the captains name. So, for recap: 1. Noltek- Skeletal bad guys; 2. Mehm- my former partner and good friend; and 3. I like pie These creatures feed on life force. Like the Wraith on Stargate Atlantis. :p