• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Random Metagross

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Metagross @ Sitrus/Shuca/Occa Berry
Brave Nature
Clear Body ability
-Gyro Ball
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake/Zen Headbutt
-Bullet Punch

EVs
Full attack
and Either Full defense or full special defense

Full special defense will allow for a surprise on it usually having lower special defense, while full defense will allow it to live through even the most powerful STAB earthquake in the game [Rhyperior] With good IVs and Adamant nature.
Full defense lets Metagross effectively trump any physical sweeper.

Gyro Ball It's more accurate than Meteor Mash, and on this Metagross, often more powerful. No chance at raising attack, unfortunately
Hammer Arm 100-power attack with fighting coverage. Powers up Gyro Ball with every use. Perfect accuracy. What's not to love?
Zen Headbutt A secondary STAB. will hit for a bit more than hammer arm, but with a useless effect and innaccuracy... Does offer consistent power that Gyro Ball doesn't, but I'd more often be using Hammer Arm XD
Earthquake Takes out pesky fire types which still pose quite a threat to Metagross with burn on top of Super Effective attacks.. problem is it'll be moving slower than them and may not ever get the chance to Earthquake.
Bullet Punch because Priority is always nice to have.. especially on something this slow.

This is a set I came up with someone a good long while back... They didn't end up using it, and I randomly remembered it. I don't use Metagross, so the set is up for grabs if anyone wants it XD
I'd just like to get it rated in case I ever recommend it to someone else who likes being unconventional.

Elemental Punches over Earthquake could be an option. I'm thinking more of Thunder and Ice Punch. And I often throw Pursuit in somewhere as an extra option. Most things switch out from it. Hit them hard off of a massive attack stat.

Otherwise a special attack might work. His S.Atk is decent enough to disrupt some of his own physical wall counters. But, that's not for here.