• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Revival of Fallen Evil, Enter Genisis

Sweat drops as Green Guy grips his last pokeball, "This one will do it. This one will win me the championship." The crowd is silent, waiting in anticipation for the next move. Time feels still, as Green Guy poders, "How long has it been since I felt this way? I guess there is only one way to finish this." Lance removes his cape, "Come on BooBoi, This is the last leg of our match. Let's give the crowd a show, then you will rejoin Genisis." Green guy scoffs, "I told you, BooBoi is my old name. I gave that and my old life up. My name is Green Guy!"

Both toss their pokeballs, the hope of each trainer now lies in this decisive battle. "Go Dragonite!" Lance's Dragonite lands on the field, unleashing a primal roar. "Go Tenshu!" Green Guy's Sceptile flexes its muscles then shows off its agility with a flip. The referee signaled the match to begin.

Lance leaps onto Dragonite, as they rise into the air. Green Guy mounts Tenshu, as the begin their onslaught. "Tenshu, Energy Ball!" Tenshu charges an orb and tosses in the air, "Dragon Pulse, into the orb!" The orb burst, widening the emerald blast.

Dragonite avertly dodges and counters the move, "Retaliate with Draco Meteor." The crowd gasps in awe as a comet smashes through the ceiling, into Dragonite's arms. "Tenshu, Detect. Then follow up with Energy Ball."

Tenshu dodges the comet, as it devistates half of the arena. The referee booms over the load speaker, "Dragonite, special attack lowered by two stages." Lance sneers, "Don't get cocky Green Guy, the fun starts now! Dragonite, Outrage!" As Dragonite lowers its altitude for a dive bomb, Green Guy whispers in Tenshu's ear.

As Dragonite and Lance fly several feet in front of Green Guy and Tenshu, Tenshu tears the arena tile with it's claws, "Frenzy Plant!". From the scarred arena, thick roots sprout and slam Dragonite and Lance into the ground, then binds them tightly.

Lance and Dragonite struggles to wiggle from the frenzied vines restraining them, "Dragon Pulse." Sceptile places the end of it's palms together and charges for a big blast.

"Dragonite, Outrage." Dragonite's power is no match for the frenzied vines gripping it. "You lost most of your power with a Draco Meteor in the beginning. You've lost your luster as champion. Now I will become champion, just as I did 10 years ago." The blast from Tenshu knocked out both Lance and Dragonite.

"Dragonite is unable to battle, the winner is Green Guy!" The crowd cheers as Green Guy limps out of the ring. Erika, Celadon City's gym leader rushes to his side, "Are you ok, baby?" Green Guy nods as he kisses her on the forehead. "It's over, after all this time, it's finally over."

Green Guy's eyes tears as he remembers his comrades who have fallen in the war against Genisis, the new supreme terrorst organization formed by Teams Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galaxy, and the Elite Four of all regions. "We lost Brock, Koga, Jasmine, Tate & Liza, and Volkner. So many lives taken in the Mauville City bombing. All of that and we are finally finished."

Green Guy and Erika walk to the Pokemon Center within the arena. Gary walks in and handshakes Green Guy, "Green Guy and Erika, you might want to look outside. There isn't much time."

As the three run outside of the Pokemon Center and witness the horror of Genisis first hand. Erika drops to the ground, "When will it end!?!" Gary walks inside, "It seem they won't stop, I'll notify the other region gym leaders that we have a red alert."

Green Guy takes a deep breathe as he looks into the sky, pitch black. Giovani and Mewtwo devastate Viridian City. Hundreds of innocent citizens lay dead across the horizon. Green Guy clenches his fist and grabs three pokeballs from his chain, and slams them on the ground. the pokeballs release Deoxys, Darkrai, and Shaymin, who levitate near their master. "This time they have gone too far. I stopped them separately, and I can stop them united with the help of the gym leaders!"

Sorry, but I just find present tense terribly awkward to read. Other than a few errors, such as a new person's speech being on the same line as the previous person's, this isn't bad. I do find the main character's name 'Green Guy' just incredibly odd, it detracts from the apparent seriousness of your story for me (hey, at least it's better than BooBoi).

For the most part though, that's all my opinion, take it as you will. If you want to know where the speech part comes from, our awesome super fabulous staff member El has a sticky about grammar either in this section or in one of the RP boards, I forget.

Yeah, I'm still a little dry on grammar and present tense. By all means if u have criticism, good or bad, I'd love to hear it! That's how I improve, so thanks!