• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Rivals of Aether AU: A Strange New Universe

You know the original characters from Rivals of Aether? All that stuff from the Aether universe? Well, screw that! This is an AU, what's the point in arguing?

1654859870333.png

Aetherial Gates: platforms move towards or away from each other every 20 seconds, with a visual indicator before this happens: the eyes on the platforms rapidly blink before the platforms move.
Treetop Lodge: Treetop Lodge is located in the Aetherian Forest.
Rock Wall: on the borders of the colossal Aetherian Forest, the Rock Wall is meant to protect the forest from possible intruders or raids. The wall is guarded with wall curlers who defend it with their life to protect the forest.
Air Armada: a whole fleet of ships.
Merchant Port: a part of Water Town, the merchant capital of Aether.
Fire Capital: run by the Fire Council including Zetterburn and Forsburn's father, Emperor Renburn, until he was murdered.
Blazing Hideout: Forsburn's hideout after retreating to the Smoke Clan

Lore
The realm of Aether is inhabited by many races of anthropomorphic animals divided primarily between four warring civilizations, each of which holds power over a different element: fire, water, earth or air. These four civilizations have been in this realm for 100 million years. A thousand years later, the power to control the elements was gifted to special ones who would pass it down to their children and ancestors. But, instead of helping each other, people being people, they fought their peers using their powers. They built walls, cities, towns and literally everything else, but they still managed to adapt to literally all defenses. Finally, 16 special Aetherians, 4 of which are born leaders, will stop the realm from fighting and, with proper planning or coincidence, destroy the darkness that harms it.

Character Sheet
Name:
Species:
Elemental Powers:
Movement Speed:
Personality:
Aggression Level:
Home:

My Characters
Name: Jino
Element: Fire
Species: Fox
Elemental Powers: Can set literally anything on fire, even water for some reason.
Movement Speed: Foxes are fast, so... yeah.
Personality: He may be a born leader, but he's not all that brave. In fact, if he's spotted, he will run away first thing.
Aggression Level: Little to no aggression until he gets serious.
Home: Fire Capital

Name: Uchara
Element: Water
Species: Fox
Elemental Powers: Can extinguish any flame and leave a puddle which she can then teleport to.
Movement Speed: We already freaking know this...
Personality: Uchara is not a born leader, but she is extremely brave and will fight any foe. The first thing she'll do if provoked is WATER GUN.
Aggression Level: Moderate.
Home: Merchant Port.

Current Character List
Jino (@|Dean|)
Uchara (@|Dean|)
Imago (@Psymallard)
Kudzu (@Psymallard)

Last edited by a moderator:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
I was literally just telling my friends that I was getting into another Rivals of Aether phase when you posted this, good timing lol.

Name: Imago
Element: Air
Species: Cicada
Elemental Powers: His domain is specifically over sound, so he can emit sonic blasts and the such.
Movement Speed: Slower than average on foot, pretty darn fast in flight
Personality: Imago is a shady street salesman with a trench coat full of knickknacks and an insatiable greed. He's selfish, and will go through crooked methods to get what he wants often. He does have a bit of a conscience, so he's not as bad as some of his associates.
Aggression Level: Depends, he'll only start fights he knows he can win, but overall prefers diplomacy.
Home: Julesvale

Name: Kudzu
Element: Earth
Species: Baboon
Elemental Powers: Able to grow the vines tangled in his fur to absurd lengths
Movement Speed: Above average
Personality: Just like kudzu vines irl, Kudzu is a pest. He's loud, rambunctious, and a source of unlimited energy.
Aggression Level: Not real high, he'd rather just play around.
Home: Aetherian Forest Treetops

I was literally just telling my friends that I was getting into another Rivals of Aether phase when you posted this, good timing lol.

Name: Imago
Element: Air
Species: Cicada
Elemental Powers: His domain is specifically over sound, so he can emit sonic blasts and the such.
Movement Speed: Slower than average on foot, pretty darn fast in flight
Personality: Imago is a shady street salesman with a trench coat full of knickknacks and an insatiable greed. He's selfish, and will go through crooked methods to get what he wants often. He does have a bit of a conscience, so he's not as bad as some of his associates.
Aggression Level: Depends, he'll only start fights he knows he can win, but overall prefers diplomacy.
Home: Julesvale

Name: Kudzu
Element: Earth
Species: Baboon
Elemental Powers: Able to grow the vines tangled in his fur to absurd lengths
Movement Speed: Above average
Personality: Just like kudzu vines irl, Kudzu is a pest. He's loud, rambunctious, and a source of unlimited energy.
Aggression Level: Not real high, he'd rather just play around.
Home: Aetherian Forest Treetops
Nice. Kudzu could be real trouble for a lot of characters at the start, but that's probably what makes RPing fun. Accepted!

By the way, Imago's control over sound reminds me of that one workshop-original character.