• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rock It

Night had recently fallen over Hearthome City, causing the older residents of the city to climb into their beds for rest. A few children were still outside running about the sidewalks, and their parents could be heard calling out for them. "Five more minutes," shouted one child, "I just found a good hiding spot, mommy!"

Rain was walking through the streets, the hood of her black jacket over her head. She took a quick glance over at the children, trying not to laugh. Her raichu, Switch, followed behind her, his tail lashing back and forth. A look of intent shone in his eyes. "So, buddy, ready for the show?" Rain asked her Pokemon friend as she held fast to the strap of the guitar case on her back.

The two arrived at the fountain, where a huge stage was set up. A few other guitarists were tuning their guitars on their amps, and a some guys were carrying over drum sets. Rain lowered her hood and looked over to see her bassist, Zap, and drummer, Pyro. "Hey guys!" Rain rushed over to the guys and hurried to help them set up their equipment on stage. A vocalist from another band came up to Rain and shook her hand, introducing himself. Of course, as soon as he walked away, Rain couldn't remember his name for the life of her. After finishing with set up, Rain stepped up onto the stage and looked around, spotting a few trainers in the crowd, their Pokemon beside them. Rain grinned, turning to Zap. "Hey Zap, maybe we'll get a few battles after the show tonight." Switch, who was sitting down at the corner of the stage, growled in agreement. "We'll see." Rain said to him.

night in Hearthome City was extremely beautiful. The moon shone across the sky and reflected in the fountain. The air was crisp and there was a slight breeze.

Aero just stepped out of his house as his little brother was called in "why can he go out ?" he heard Kai say as he did every night. Aero looked at his eevee, he remembered back when it hatched how shiny the fur was, the daycare couple said it was abnormal but he loved it anyways. He now looked down at Icy "looks as if it is going to be our night""eevee" she said in reply. Aero finally got up to the stage where a crowd was gathering he held eevee close stroking its silver mane. The backlights made his bright green shirt look as if it was a flame withheld by his black hoodie. Going along with the music he found himself in a trance.

When it was almost over, he looked around "who do we want to take on" eevee sat on his shoulder looking around endearingly

After her performance was over, Rain helped to pack up the equipment. Zap came over to her with a grin. "Hey Rain.. I think I see someone you could challenge. He looks pretty bored..." He said to her, gesturing towards a figure seated at the fountain's edge.

Rain nodded, keeping her eyes on the trainer as she finished packing. She laid her guitar case alongside Zap's and called Switch over. "C'mon, let's go see if he's up for a battle." Rain said, as Switch jumped up a couple times with enthusiasm. Rain headed over to Aero with Switch right beside her. As she approached the trainer and his eevee, she reached out her hand. "Hi, I'm Rain." She introduced herself with a smile.

Nervously Aero looked up "great" he thought to himself "we were just about to leave." looking down at Icy and back at the new face he said "Hey... My name is Aero and this is my eevee Icy"Aero stared at her but not knowingly, he was thinking back to when his eevee was in the pokecenter. After that happened Aero and Icy never had been in any real battles. He trained his eevee with caution but at times they trained hard. Making sure she didn't strain herself. She did great against wild pokemon, but he wasn't sure she would stand up in a real battle. He only came out here evry now and again to please his eevee not to get in a real battle.

Icy looked at Rain's raichu with enthusiasm. "ha" Aero managed to fake a laugh at the two. "we were just about to head home" Aero said hoping she would say "ok" or something along those lines. "y'know what eevee, this trainer seems to be interested in a battle" he looked up at Rain and thought "she seems like a nice person, she wont hurt eevee. Ill just pull out if it isn't looking to good." "Well is that why you came? Cause were ready!!!"

Rain smirked, her eyes lighting up as she looked over the eevee. "Cute. This is Switch." Switch's cheeks sparked slightly as he looked the smaller pokemon up and down. Rain locked her eyes onto Aero's. "Yes, in fact, that is why I approached you." She tightened her gloves slightly, keeping her eyes on the trainer. "Is Icy your only pokemon?" She asked him, knowing that her other pokemon needed more training, Switch was definitely strong enough in her eyes.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
OOC- Aero, just a side note. You have real potential, but your grammar's not the best. Just a few pointers for you:
Remember, speech requires a new line per speaker.
Each new piece of speech needs capital letters and commas/full stops depending.
Check your spelling - use Microsoft Word if you have to.
Pokemon names are still names and need capital letters.
Commas help break up sentences slightly, so they flow better.

"Well, that's perfectly fine. I have nothing against trainers with only a single Pokemon, they are usually the one with the greatest will power and strength." Rain winked and patted Switch's head. "Yes, since you only have Icy, I will be using Switch." She seemed to think for a moment, then she reached to her belt and pulled off a Pokeball. "But if you don't mind, I'm going to let Switch's best friend watch." She then released her Flareon, who shook her tail at the sight of the Eevee. "This is Autumn."
Rain took many steps back, smirking. "Alright, let's get started already. Switch, let's go!!" She exclaimed, smiling confidently as Switch jumped forward.

Rain grinned widely, giving Switch a nod. With lightning speed, he lunged forward, his head slamming up against Icy, sparks flying from his cheeks. He pinned the Eevee to the ground, his long legs pressing against him with all of his strength, using his tail as a ground. His eyes burning with adrenaline, he seemed to wait for Icy to try and make a move. "Rrrraiii!" He snarled down at Icy, his cheeks glowing with energy.

Icy sat stunned at the speed of Switch who was now on top of her. Aero was not phased, he and Icy trained for speed, using carbos and training on faster pokemon,so this was a perfect time to test her skills."Icy use iron tail to break free!" Icy performed a sweeping motion with her tail taking out all of Switch's support. Before Switch got up Icy was coming in for a quick attack

OOC: was that ok for my first RP battle (well the beginning of a battle)

Switch quickly raised his tail to sheild his body. Sparks from his cheeks grew, surrounding his body, almost like a barrier. "Spark 'im, Switch!!!" Rain commanded. Switch growled, and the electricity surging around his body spread out to shock the Eevee. Rain smiled, waiting for Aero's reaction.
Zap came up behind Rain to watch the battle. He smiled. "Cool Eevee.." He pointed out quietly, scratching his head. "Switch is doing pretty well."
Rain simply nodded, sort of ignoring her friend as she focused on the battle. "Yeah."

"Time for a Thunderbolt!" yelled the young man with all his might.

"Use Faint Attack to get close Nox. Let's wrap this up." Jeydis said calmly.

The Jolteon's Thunderbolt came screaming down towards the funny looking lizard that was Nox. His green scales shone quickly and then the whole pokemon vanished from view, the Thunderbolt discharging into the ground. Lightning still licked around the stone pavement as a pair of eyes appeared behind the exhausted Jolteon. Nox's mighty tongue lashed out and hit the Jolteon square in the back, knocking it straight to the floor. The agile adversary grunted a few times but did not rise back up.

"Jolteon!" the young man ran to his pokemon to check for injuries. Having found none he rose to his feet with his Pokemon and looked up and Jeydis.
"You sure know how to surprise someone, miss. That was a great battle."

Jeydis grinned and she shook the boy's hand. As her Kecleon hopped back unto her shoulder, lightning crackled once more but not from the fainted Jolteon but from behind her. Jeydis turned and saw a shower of sparks fly out of a small gathering of silouettes. She took the bit of reward money from her adversary's buddy and walked off towards the other battle eager to see more pokemon at work.

Aero was surprised, and before he knew it Switch landed a direct hit. "woah never seen that coming" Aero thought to himself. It seemed that Switch and Icy were matched in speed, and if Icy couldn't land a hard hit it was already over. "double team, Icy!!!"Aero exclaimed. in seconds there was at least twenty silver-blue Eevee's scattered around Switch. "use bite " Aero said and at once all the Icy's leaped into action.

Rain glanced around herself, noticing a crowd of spectators forming around their battle. As Aero gave the command for Icy to use Bite, she knew what to do. "Protect yourself!!" She shouted quickly, watching as a light barrier formed around Switch. After the Eevees leaped foward, Rain smiled. "Shock Wave, NOW!" Switch shoved the end of his tail into the ground, static electricity flying from his fur. The barrier was shattered by sparks as another shock wave came out at Icy. "You may be fast, little one, but that never misses." Rain said, waving her index finger.

OOC:sorry I've been on allisbrawl.com lately so i completely forgot about the RP. Also i feel that its time for my new character to come in

BIC:Stunned Aero took a moment to think. "Switch is to strong for me to try using an offensive based strategy" he mumbled "so I'm gonna do something different..." he exclaimed. "i cant believe i said that out loud" he thought looking at the growing crowd. "retreat" Aero said. Icy backed to the edge of the battle now waiting for Switch to make the next move...

Kai sat in his bedroom watching his older brother finally battle, but as the crowd grew they obscured his view and he had climbed up on the roof to see. "Cinders, isn't that awesome. One day I wanna bee like Aero. I'm going to be better than him, I want to see the world." Although he was already 11 his mom was worried about him going on an adventure, he was allowed to get his starter pokemon. but his mother was over protective because he was smaller than most children his age. Cyndaquil looked at Kai "yeah were starting tomorrow"

Rain observed the way Aero commanded Icy to back off. She narrowed her eyes and looked to Switch. "Switch, do what you please," Rain said, taking a few steps back and crossing her arms over her chest.
Switch grinned, bouncing away from Icy. He took a glance back at Rain, then faced the Eevee again. He slowly lifted his nose to the air, closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. In the night air, sparks could be seen, then suddenly the Raichu's fur seemed to light up with the electricity.
"Good one Switch, give Icy all you got in another Shock Wave, defended against this will do no better." Rain muttered under her breath.
Switch's cheeks turned white, sparking spastically. He opened his eyes and grounded his tail, unleashing all of his electric energy in one last burst. "RAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!" The energy came straight to Icy, lighting up the night sky.

Aero knew it was over as soon as it had happened. As the light dimmed from Switch's attack Aero ran over to Icy who was lying on the ground. "Icy, get up Icy..." Aero pleaded. Icy slowly opened her eyes and looked at Aero. She managed a slow "vee..." He picked her up and walked over to Rain to congratulate her on the win, but deep inside he wanted to rush to the poke center even though he knew Icy would be alright

Switch seemed to laugh as he bounced over to Rain. Rain smiled kindly to Aero as she ruffled Switch's mohawk. "Good battle." She extended her hand out to Aero. "You're pretty good."
Zap came up closer next to Rain, looking around. "Hey, we gotta get home, we've got another gig tomorrow, and you should probably get some sleep."
Rain looked to him. "Eh, sleep, right.." She looked back to Aero, grinning widely. "Maybe we'll battle again and you can meet some of my other Pokemon. But I'll let you get Icy to the Center for now, okay?" She nodded to him, then nudged Raichu, and they took off through the crowd.

Rushing eevee to the pokecenter Aero thought "Wait i didn't even give her prize money." When he got eevee to the pokecenter she turned out fine, all she needed was some rest. Early next morning he woke up to find his brother Kai staring at him. "great match yesterday" he said with a huge grin. "guess what I'm doing..." Before Aero could say anything Kai replied "I'm starting my adventure!!!! And you should to!!" they talked it over and decided it was best to talk it over with their mom first. After some debating with their mother, Kai was allowed to go to the next town over to meet with Professor Rowan who was visiting the daycare along with Aero to see if they could get a pokedex. They headed outside on this crisp breezy day not knowing what would await them.

The next morning after Switch's battle with Icy, Rain awoke from dreams of training. She sat up in her makeshift bed, a few blankets and sleeping bags on her band's apartment floor. She stretched and yawned lightly, and looked down at Switch, whom never seemed to sleep. She smiled a little, and reached for her Pokeballs. "Hmm.." She sat there for a few moments, staring at the gunmetal black Pokeball in her right hand. "Oh, Sixx.. I completely spaced on your training yesterday.." Rain said slowly, before releasing her beloved Rhydon from his Pokeball.
"Rhyyyyy!!" Rhydon yawned, stretching out his rock arms, and wrapping his tail around his feet.
Rain smiled to her Pokemon, patting him on his horn. "Don't worry about it, buddy, you'll get some today, okay?" She hugged him tightly and set off into the bathroom to get ready for the day.
Rain left a note for her friends on the refrigerator, then made her way out the door, Rhydon and Switch following behind her.

Kai tugged on Aero's sleeve. "Hey isn't that the girl you battled yesterday?" Kai asked. "Yeah, what do you want me to..." before he finished Kai was already on his way over to her. Aero ran to catch up. "What am i doing." he thought "I have no clue what to say."

Kai was more outgoing than Aero and was already talking to her. "Whats he going to do challenge her. She probably doesn't want to battle right now." Aero finally reached Kai and Rain. "so how did you do it.. how did you beat him?" Kai asked "you know we're going to see Professor Rowan today" and before she could answer he started to leave.

"Kai just wait, he is a little hyper. so what you up to today" Aero said. "we've gotta get going Aero. If you want to talk just drag her along with us." Kai said as he started to leave once again...

OOC: sorry its mostly my two characters speaking i joined another RP on another site and thats mostly what they do

Rain stared at Kai for a moment, genuinely puzzled. "You're a very energetic little guy.." She blinked, then looked up to Aero. "Good luck when you go see Professor Rowan," she said, grinning. "He's a pretty smart guy, although not as cool as Oak." She giggled. "Forgive me, but I grew up in Kanto. Anyways," She continued, waving them along. "You guys better get going on your journey. Nice battle last night, Aero, thank you." Rain said, smiling. Switch hopped up and down, obviously agreeing with his master.

"well I better go catch up with him... see you later" Aero said. He smiled Icy said bye to switch and he waved as he left to catch up with Kai. Looking around, the day seemed fresh new, but something seemed amiss. Gazing up at the fluffy clouds ahead he saw a flock of Starly fly above. "hmm it was probably nothing..." he mumbled, but he still felt wrong as he walked ahead. "Kai wait up" Aero exclaimed. Meeting Rowan for the first time he began to think about what to say, but before he knew it they were there. Kai started to jump up ahead "I see it, I SEE SOLACEON TOWN" he exclaimed. It was a quaint little town. not many houses, but it felt like home to Aero. He used to come here every weekend with his two best friends. This is where he first met Icy, but this place also brought back bad memories. "This town is where Icy got injured" Aero thought.
"get the rocks out of your shorts and hurry up" Kai shouted. "Well we will just see i guess" Aero whispered to Icy as they started over to the Daycare.

Rain smiled as she said goodbye to Aero and Icy. She looked to Switch and Sixx. "They sure are some charismatic kids, huh?" She asked the Raichu and Rhydon. Switch nodded, still waving his tail as a farewell to Icy. Sixx grumbled lightly, and Rain figured he was trying to focus on his own thoughts. "Okay, let's get going.. There's got to be somewhere we can get Sixx some good battles." Rain said, patting the rock Pokemon on his back.

OOC-Hope ya don't mind if I join. I'm not going to be using my usual (And by usual I mean I've used him in the only other roleplay I've joined) character. In OOC, reffer to me as either Doc, or Cody please, as it's my real name)

Marco walked down the streets of Hearthome. Flying above him was a Honchcrow, reffered to as "Boss" by Marco and his other Pok

OOC:Just a heads up:I'm not that good at RPing. Please don't criticize me

Jack sat down on a bench in the middle of Hearthome City. He sat back and gazed at the stars. He was very tired. Jack was a pretty good pokemon trainer who had been training all day. He needed a rest.
He rested so long he lost track of time. He decided to take a walk."Come on!" He shouted to his first pokemon and best friend,Typhlosion.
They started walking.Soon the walk turned into a jog, and then a sprint. Jack and Typhlosion started racing each other. Before he knew it,he had collided with a boy and his Honchcrow.
Jack was lying on the ground,dazed. Everything was blurry. When his vision was clear, he could see the boy was reaching out his hand to help him up.