• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Service Pokemon Academy

Humans and pokemon have always lived alongside each other. They live together, work together, put their trust, their hopes and dreams, and sometimes, even their lives in each other's hands.

In the Kalos region, there is a very special academy just for pokemon who are being trained to help people with special needs. When they graduate, they will be assigned to a trainer, who, using the skills which they have learned at this academy, they will provide care and support for.

(Head over to the discussion thread to post your character bio, then come over here and join in! Please bear in mind that you will be required to create a pokemon character first, and then when we reach the assignment stage of the RP, you will need to create a human character for your pokemon to be assigned to.)

http://pokecharms.com/threads/service-pokemon-academy-discussion.14412/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miklas waited in line with several other pokemon, waiting for the results of her most recent test. She was sure that she'd done everything right.

For her training, one of her teachers had pretended to have auras. So she'd done exactly as she was taught; read the auras, and get them somewhere safe. Then, she'd stayed by them while they had a fake grand mal seizure, to keep them safe. And then she'd helped them back up, and lead them somewhere where they could lie down and recover from the seizure.

Perfect. She was sure that she hadn't got anything wrong.

The teacher passed her her grade. She'd gotten a 100%.

"I did it!" She screamed in delight, hugging the nearest pokemon to her, "I really did it! Oh, I'm gonna be the best service pokemon ever!"

Last edited:
Midnight looked at her grade. it was only a 71%. "At least i didnt fail" She muttered under her breath just as a lucario suddenly hugged her. The pokemon then started to scream in delight. Midnight rolled her eyes at the pokemon and pushed the pokemon off of her. "You dont need to yell" Midnight said as she quickly hid her own test score.

Ghost looked at them from the corner of the room as she looked at her test score which was a 85% as she looked up she yelped in surprise seeing the two had somehow gotten close to her most likely because the Lucorio was jumping all over the place in exitement

"Eek! Sorry, Midnight," Miklas said sheepishly, brushing herself off, "It's just that I've never gotten a grade this high before! I studied really hard this time, and I made sure that I knew exactly what to do, and it paid off!"

The lucario looked around at the other service pokemon, and her excitement wore off as the reality of her future job hit her. "It's just that when I get assigned, I want to be able to take good care of my trainer. As long as I'm around, they won't have to worry about a thing!"

Midnight sighed and looked at the pokemon. "I thought you are beong trained for search and rescue not being assigned to a trainer?" she said. truthfully midnight did not realy car about the trainers in her job all she really liked was the fact that she gets to brake things. midnight started to think what would happen if she really did get to be a search and rescue pokemon.

Miklas shook her head. "Nope, when I leave this academy, I'm going to be given to a trainer who has epilepsy. I'll be their starter pokemon, and as well as battling with them, I'll also have to protect them and care for them when they have seizures."

Truth be told, there were a lot of different pokemon here, each being trained for a different purpose. While Midnight was to go into search and rescue, and she was to become a seizure alert pokemon, there were many pokemon being trained for other jobs. There were many jigglypuffs, who were being trained to help trainers with insomnia, lopunnies being trained to push wheelchairs and relocate joints, and herdiers being trained as sniffer dogs.

"So, does that mean you'll belong to a rescue team, and not to just one trainer?" Miklas enquired.

(Scarletghost, please write more than one line per post)

Miklas turned to look at the frosslass. "I just came to receive my grade," the lucario answered, "See, I just had a test. I did really well at it, and I'm hoping that getting a good grade here means that I'm going to be a good service pokemon when I graduate."

Miklas took a moment to think about the chansey, who'd messed up her exam, and pushed the teacher's wheelchair straight into a wall. "When my trainer is on the ground having a seizure, I'll be their only lifeline. So I have to become the absolute best at my job."

You too huh it's nice to know there is another seizure alert pokemon here I'm also training to be a deafness assastint pokemon as well it pretty fun I'd I do say so myself but it's also pretty hard at the same time but hey who doesn't like a good challenge ever once in awhile am I right" she said smiling at the two

Evan crossed his fingers as he got the results from his tests a little later than the other Pokémon. He sharply looked at them anxiously, as he saw that he had gotten an 87% overall on his test. He said to himself while he noticed a Lucario that talked to a Froslass, "Well, I did pretty great on the test... though I could use a little sharpening on being an assistant for the deaf."

He went up to the Lucario, as he hesitantly waved at him, as he said in a nervous tone, "Well... so you're going to be saving people's lives. I suppose now I don't have to feel lonely since I'm kinda doing a similar thing. Also, I kinda forgot to introduce myself here, I'm Evan... and I'm kinda shy around others."

Have we meet before somewhere" ghost muttered to herself trying to remember if she had seen him anywhere before as she soon remember he was training to help the deaf a loud bang rang through the room as she looked at the source "not again" she growled in anger

There went that chansey again, crashing into a wall by herself this time. Seriously, how was she going to be expected to steer a paraplegic trainer around in their wheelchair if she couldn't even steer herself in the right direction?

"I'm Miklas," the lucario responded, "I'm kind of a senior around here. I've been training for my purpose since the day that I hatched. What about you guys?"

Same here Miklas I'm ghost by the way and really iv seen the chancey do that five times in the last 20 minutes it's annoying to be honest I just want to freeze her to make her stop"

Midnight lissoned to the pokemons conversation just as an idea come to her head. She quietly left the group of pokemon and whent to go find the chansly. She was pretty easy to find as midnight went behind her. Midnight used crush claw on the pokemon and made it faint. "Finally" she said.

Miklas noticed the chansey being dragged away by the academy's resident Nurse Joy, while Midnight stood by, watching.

"Well, I'm glad that somebody took care of her, at last," the lucario said coolly, "I don't think I've ever seen her study in my life. You'd think that she would at least put some effort into being a service pokemon!"

Midnight smiled at the lucario. "Yea. i hear rumours that her trainer put her in for his son but then relised his mistake soon but was too lasy to take her out." she had heard these "rumours" by being curous and digging her way to the file room. "Anyway at least no one say me or i would have been in truble for making a classmate faint."

Ghost snorted "if anything I could turn you invisible if you need help" she said laughing at her inside joke with her mother she just smiled at the memories

"True," Miklas answered. Come to speak of trainers, Miklas had been fantasizing day and night about what kind of trainer she would be assigned to. Would they be a coordinator, a trainer, or a performer? Where they a guy, a girl, or something else entirely? She hoped that she would get to find out soon...

"Say, I think that it's about time we got to lunch," the lucario said as her stomach growled, "Before that munchlax eats all of the food in the cafeteria!"

Agreed last time that happened everyone went hungry and then many of them beat him to near death because of it" she said grinning darkly as she thought of the one sided fight

Midnight laughed just as her own stumic grumbled. "Too bad i am not allowed to use dig at school." she replied looking at her claws. Last time she had done it was the 1st day she got here and many of the classrooms had to close becpuse of the holes.

Miklas shook her head. "I hope that there's something good on the menu today," she prayed. It was Wednesday, and that meant that the lunch menu could either be awful or fantastic...

Fortunately for everyone at the academy, though, today, the lunch menu was fantastic, at least, in Miklas's eyes. Tamato berry soup, with soft white rolls, or cheesy gratin, and pokepuffs or pecha berries for dessert. And just to make it all even better, the greedy munchlax wasn't there yet.

Taking some tamato soup, and a mago berry pokepuff, Miklas took a seat by the window as she waited for the others to join her.

Sknifes enters the cafeteria, looking around. Hes wearing a black top hat and a monocle. "Oh great... tomato soup, again..." He sits next to Miklas

Midnight signed as she saw whats on the menu. She was not a fan of soup. 'but at least the rest of the menu looks fine' She though as she grabed some white rolls and berries. She joined sknifes and miklas by the window and started to eat the white rolls.

Sknifes yawns gently. "Hello..." he looks at Midnight and Miklas with a smirk, crossing his arms as he taps his foot on the ground

(More than one line per post please)

Miklas finished her soup in a hurry. For some reason, she always ate her favourite foods really quickly, like it was the first time that she had eaten the for ages, even though the cafeteria served tamato berry soup at least once a week.

Staring out at the hospital across the street, which the window in the academy's cafeteria provided a perfect view of, she asked Sknifes and Midnight, "So, do you have training after lunch, too?"

"A little... yes" He hums a song, slowly closing his eyes as he try's to remember a song in his head "What are you two doing for training...?" He opens one eye, looking at Miklas and Midnight again.

"I think i do..." Midnight said trying to remember what her scedual was for today. sknifes asked them a question and it rose midnight from her thoughts. "I do search and rescue." she said and then suddenly remembers what today was. "Ah! Today we are going to the beach for training since we had are assessments today." Midnight then started to eat quickly. The beach was her faveret place to be since no one yells at her for digging.
(Now noticing how much she loves digging XD)

"They'll be going over seizure aftercare with me," the lucario answered, "I'll be learning how to handle my future master after a grand mal, in the town centre."

The lucario dug into her pokepuff, licking the cream off of the top, "Say, Sknives, I never found out what you're training for. I heard that it's something to do with helping depressed trainers?"

Ghost floated up to them "hey guys how's life" she asked creeply grinning she had a notebook with a articuno on the front and a bowl of soup in her other she looked at them

Last edited:
Miklas finished the last bite of her pokepuff, and wiped a dab of cream off of her bottom lip before she faced Ghost. "Pretty good. We were just discussing what class we have after lunch," she explained, "Midnight's going to the beach for search and rescue training, and I'm going to the medical room, to practice seizure aftercare!"

The lucario's eyes lit up as she remembered the final part of the day, "Oh, and tonight, we're going to meet with some potential trainers! If they like us, then they could choose us as their service pokemon!" she chirped.

Midnight quickly finished her lunch. "Meh you guys are lucky. I dont het to choose what group i even go into nor do i even see them till i have been assigned to them." she said.

"They choose us, we don't choose them," Miklas reminded her, "Even if we really like a trainer, it's ultimately their choice whether or not we go home with them."

She sucked down some pecha berry juice as she continued, "Besides, we're only meeting them tonight. After that, they'll be allowed to see us once a week until we get assigned to one of them. And even then, there's no guarantee that they'll like us."

Miklas took a moment to think about a slurpuff, who had only been chosen by a diabetic trainer because she was shiny. A week later, she had been returned to the academy, because her trainer thought that she was useless in battle. Thankfully, she had been assigned to a better trainer a little while later, who had made her her trusted partner.

I have to agree there is a large chance a trainer my not like you and send you back here even I'm afraid it might happen to me" ghost said finishing her soup

Miklas nodded. "We have to be strong as well as good at caring for our trainers, since we are going to be their starters as well as their service pokemon. Whatever their goals are, we must support them and help them acheive them, just like any other pokemon. I'm really hoping that I get chosen by a pokemon performer, though..."

Soon enough, a whistle was blown, indicating that it was time for everyone to head to their next class. Miklas headed outside, to the minibus, to join the load of seizure alert pokemon which were also receiving training in the town centre.

"See you guys later!" She chirruped as she joined the crowd.

"Bye" Midnight called to miklas as she hopped down and headed over to the bus taking the search an rescue pokemon to the beach to go over hurricane training. 'The part i am bad at' She thought as she jumped on the bus.

As soon as her training was over, Miklas headed to the common room, to have a little free time. Seizure aftercare had been a little difficult to master at first, but Miklas had sort of got the idea of it by the end...At least, she hoped that she had.

With at least an hour to go before she met with any potential trainers, Miklas decided that her only option was to waste time attempting to talk to some of the other pokemon...