• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shining charizard question

Hello all!

I haven’t played pokemon in a LONG time. I am going through my daughter’s collection of thousands of cards to help her build a deck..

I came across a holographic golden card, Shining Charizard. It’s very difficult to read the text on the card.

1) is this card playable in a deck?
2) is this card rare/valuable (I’ve read mixed things online)

Any feedback is appreciated!

IMG_9214.jpeg

Hello! I did some googling around and unfortunately from my personal findings, it seems like that card is fake. The biggest tell I could find is the "First edition" stamp by the lower left side of the charizard art isn't a thing on real gold cards. On top of that, I saw the same stamp on every image of the same card on google images when looking up "Shining Charizard gold". The Pokemon Company tends to produce high quality cards so as long as you keep them in a semi safe place, the card should be fine, so the fading on the silhouette on the charizard raises another red flag for me. The card you are holding seems to be based on the Neo Destiny Shining Charizard 107/105.

Other than that, I wish the best of luck on building a deck out of the pokemon card collection!

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. After looking into it further, I think you are 100% correct. It doesn’t appear to be a rare or super valuable card.

Rinko - do you have any insight on the rarity symbology in the bottom corner; i.g., one white/black star, black/white star outlined in the opposite, one silver star, two gold stars, etc.?

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Rinko - do you have any insight on the rarity symbology in the bottom corner; i.g., one white/black star, black/white star outlined in the opposite, one silver star, two gold stars, etc.?
Eh? Why ask me?
I don't actually know much about this...~