• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Singles Showdown 2015 - Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Singles2015_zps5gf4jpy9.png

Signups are over and the first-round matchups are up, courtesy of my random number generator. As we have 17 competitors, one competitor chosen at random will get a bye into the next round.

All matchups are best 2 out of 3 knockouts.
A lot of people missed this last time so I've bolded it to make sure no-one gets it wrong this time around. In each round you must beat your opponent twice to knock them out of the tournament and proceed to the next round. So without further ado, the matchups:

ROUND 1

Dwayna Dragonfire vs Midbus
Psycho Monkey vs Rias
Falchromiforme vs Limon
Shocari vs CreeperNinjaGamer
philhower17
vs steveplays
Cloveria1215 vs SpaxThePacifist
Mikachu vs BlackoutSLM
Kyubeon
vs -BYE-
Sebasxian10
vs AzureEdge

ROUND 2

Psycho Monkey vs steveplays
Dwayna Dragonfire vs Shocari
AzureEdge vs BlackoutSLM
Kyubeon
vs Falchromiforme
SpaxThePacifist vs -BYE-

ROUND 3

Shocari vs steveplays
Kyubeon
vs SpaxThePacifist
BlackoutSLM vs -DSP-

ROUND 4

Kyubeon vs BlackoutSLM
steveplays vs -DSP-

FINAL

Kyubeon vs steveplays

Deadline for this round's completion is May 20th. If anyone fails to complete their matchup before that deadline, the player who has done the most to try and get the match completed will get a pass through to the next round. Getting eliminated due to inactivity will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments unless you have a VERY good reason for being inactive, and I'll be the one to decide if your reason is good or not.
All battle results are to be posted here by both players. Win or lose, both players in each match are required to post the result in order to confirm it. Also, do not post battle replays in this topic. All battle replays are to be posted to me via PM, and I will then put them all up in the Battle Videos thread at the end of the tournament.

I'll be sending a PM out to you all to notify you of this topic. I think that is everything, so without further ado, you may begin.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Follow that link, make a team, contact your opponent and battle them on that very same link.

Your opponent Steveplays has competed in several tournaments before, so he can help you if you have any problems.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just send Steveplays a private message on 'Charms. You can discuss when you want to do your match with him.

You have almost three weeks to finish your match so don't worry yourself about getting it done right away.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
philhower17 said:
Well, I'm out steveplays won! GG to him

From the PM philhower17 sent me confirming the result, I've posted it here for him as his confirmation of the result.

Well done guys for getting your matches done so promptly, hopefully we can see you again for the next tournament philhower.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
will I be kicked out too if my partner's not responding to my battle requests/ PMs and we don't end up battling?
Provided you keep @KoL up to date with what's going on, you generally get a bye if your partner fails to battle. You're certainly not kicked out for someone else's mistake.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I've sent out a PM to the four players I've not heard from since the tournament started. There is now less than 48 hours before the first round deadline.

All those who have yet to finish your matches, please contact your opponents ASAP.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Time's up, and I didn't hear from any of the people I sent the PM to, so they're all eliminated.

Round 2 is up, deadline is June 6th.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
See if you can arrange a specific day with each other in advance, and if it falls past the deadline I'll just extend it to 24 hours after that given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.