• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Singles Showdown 2016 - Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Singles2016_zpscucufbzu.png

Signups are over and the first-round matchups are up, courtesy of my random number generator. As we have 9 competitors, one competitor chosen at random will get a bye into the next round.

All matchups are best 2 out of 3 knockouts.
A lot of people missed this last time so I've bolded it to make sure no-one gets it wrong this time around. In each round you must beat your opponent twice to knock them out of the tournament and proceed to the next round. So without further ado, the matchups:

ROUND 1

Dino-Power vs Cloveria1215
Dwayna Dragonfire
vs AzureEdge
Shocari
vs Mr. RMA
CaseyTheEmerald vs Psycho Monkey
Kyubeon
vs -DSP-

ROUND 2

Dwayna Dragonfire vs Psycho Monkey
Kyubeon vs Mr. RMA
Cloveria1215 vs -DSP-

ROUND 3

Kyubeon vs Cloveria1215
Dwayna Dragonfire vs -DSP-

FINAL

Dwayna Dragonfire vs Kyubeon

Deadline for this round's completion is April 8th. If anyone fails to complete their matchup before that deadline, the player who has done the most to try and get the match completed will get a pass through to the next round. Getting eliminated due to inactivity will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments unless you have a VERY good reason for being inactive, and I'll be the one to decide if your reason is good or not.

All battle results are to be posted here by both players. Win or lose, both players in each match are required to post the result in order to confirm it. Also, do not post battle replays in this topic. All battle replays are to be posted to me via PM, and I will then put them all up in the Battle Videos thread at the end of the tournament.

I'll be sending a PM out to you all to notify you of this topic. I think that is everything, so without further ado, you may begin.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First round results are confirmed, the people who were inactive have been DQ'd.

Second round will be up later today.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Confirming my loss against Shiny, 2-0. Had me figured out pretty early on. Back was to the wall very quickly. Definitely saw how the elite in these tournaments operate.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Round 3 is up, Kyubeon vs Cloveria1215 is the only match.

Deadline is May 4th.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Shiny vs Dwayna to decide the champion.

Deadline is ASAP.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
And with that Shiny is our 2016 Singles Showdown champion, and has earned a slightly modified forum title.

Replays for this will be up in the Battle Videos topic at some point.

Next tournament will be Pokken, so if you want to take part keep your eyes open for the thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.