• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Singles Showdown 2016 - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Singles2016_zpscucufbzu.png

The Singles Showdown is back, with pretty much nothing really different from last year since, well, nothing within the games themselves has really changed since last year either, so I'll basically be copy-pasting the rules and regulations from last year's tournament over.

Standard 6vs6 singles on Pokemon Showdown is the name of the game. The rules will be pretty much the same as last year with some subject to change, although I doubt any actually will. First of all, the link to Pokemon Showdown:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Here's the rules:

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

Baton Pass Clause: Only one Pokemon per team can have the move Baton Pass.

Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Banned Pokémon:

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

Banned Items:

Gengarite
Kangaskhanite
Salamenceite
Soul Dew

You have until March 18th to sign up and prepare. I have a feeling a lot of you will know when this deadline has arrived. This topic is for signups and queries only, anything else will get the poster warned for SPAM. Just like last time also, the format used for this tournament will depend on the number of participants.

You may now begin signing up.

Signups:

- Kyubeon
- Shocari
- AzureEdge
- Dwayna Dragonfire
- Mr. RMA
- Cloveria1215
- Psycho Monkey
- CaseyTheEmerald
- Dino-Power

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Are there reasons why Hoopa-Unbound and Kyurem-Black aren't banned? I usually find them rather overpowered but I know they're not banned in the smogon OU meta.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
They weren't banned last year and I've just copypasted the rules from last year across for this year.

Considering how ban-happy Smogon is though I'd say them still being allowed over there is evidence enough that they really can't be all that bad to keep around.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Less than 1 week left to sign up, if you're thinking of signing up but haven't yet done so you don't have much time left.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
You're in Dino-Power.

24 hours left for anyone else who wants to sign up, so make it fast if you're still thinking about it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Signups are now closed.

First round matchups will be up in 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.